NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mcelroy To Start - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Bring something to the table!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 05:19 PM) going from one cesspool to another
santana Icon : (28 February 2015 - 09:46 PM) You realize the jets are in cesspool mode as well right?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM) no we aren't
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM) we are in good shape compared to those 2 other franchises
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM) so I'm not even putting MY JETS in the same category as those lowly Tampa Bay Bucs and Cleveland Browns
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (01 March 2015 - 02:53 AM) The Jets are a total cesspool
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 March 2015 - 02:09 PM) FIRE TEH JETS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (01 March 2015 - 08:27 PM) ALL TEH CAP SPACE
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (01 March 2015 - 08:59 PM) NFL Expanding rosters from 53 to 55
santana Icon : (02 March 2015 - 10:48 AM) yay more room for quarter backs
Chaos Icon : (02 March 2015 - 11:31 AM) McCourty wont be tagged neither will Cobb or Maclin
santana Icon : (02 March 2015 - 11:36 AM) should get suh
santana Icon : (02 March 2015 - 11:36 AM) just destroy olines
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (02 March 2015 - 12:40 PM) Nah hell want more than vet minimum. Can't have that.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 March 2015 - 02:24 PM) Jets have $51 miles in cap space right now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 March 2015 - 02:24 PM) Mil *
ganggreen2003 Icon : (02 March 2015 - 04:02 PM) So is Harvin going to be on the JETS roster in 2015 or we cutting him? What's the SCOOP
azjetfan Icon : (02 March 2015 - 04:04 PM) my guess is if he does not restructure they will wait until they see what they can get in FA before making that decision.
azjetfan Icon : (02 March 2015 - 04:04 PM) We have until the 19th.
azjetfan Icon : (02 March 2015 - 04:05 PM) I cant wait until FA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 March 2015 - 08:18 PM) The Jets actually have $55 mil in cap space right now, $65 once they release Harvin
ganggreen2003 Icon : (02 March 2015 - 09:33 PM) well Maccagnan better spend that $55 mil but spend it wisely as hell
ganggreen2003 Icon : (02 March 2015 - 09:34 PM) I think he won't just throw money at players just cause of the name on the back of their jersey
ganggreen2003 Icon : (02 March 2015 - 09:34 PM) TRUST MACCAGNAN!!!!
santana Icon : (02 March 2015 - 09:37 PM) this just in geno smith signs extension for 39 mil
ganggreen2003 Icon : (02 March 2015 - 10:28 PM) :hysterical: yeah and Rex Ryan is not a bozo
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:10 PM) Ryan is not a Bozo he is a cartoon character.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) anyone know anything about CB Kareem Jackson?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) FA from Houston. Obvious Mac connection.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:33 PM) NO TO MEVIS NO TO MEVIS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:26 PM) FIRE MACCAGNAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:26 PM) FIRE BOWLES
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:26 PM) CONSTANT TURNOVER
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:43 PM) I think we need to fire more people. Like Justin Beiber
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:22 PM) Kareem Jackson is a decent player, I would rather go elsewhere for CB though> He has been a streaky player, some bad seasons some good
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:23 PM) THE KNICKS
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:43 PM) @AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:43 PM) WOW. Rex is gearing up for ground and pound.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:44 PM) Jets can sign Spiller now but they're going to need a new LB. Rex is gunning for David Harris.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) Jets should trade Harris to Minnesota for Minnesota for AP
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) Throw in Ivory/Powell or a pick
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) Damn they got Shady
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) Do NOT give up Ivory
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) Powell ok Ivory HELL NO
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:50 PM) Well that definitely opens the door for CJ Spiller to the JETS now that the Jills got Shady
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Mcelroy To Start

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,085
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Greg will start VS Chargers. Confirmed with Jets per Mehta
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   JetsBuc Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 80
  • Joined: 31-March 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

Now,I might watch the game.
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

It's shit like this that makes me want Rex fired. I understand replacing Sanchez, he's shit the bed for the last time. I understand not starting Tebow, he's awful... here's what I don't understand: if you don't think that Tebow can start and you're giving the ball to McElroy, why the f*** was McElroy inactive for last night's game?! It was obvious that Sanchez was having one of his worst games, yet Ryan never pulled him... did he not pull him because "Sanchez had a great week of practice" or did he not pull him because he just hates Tebow (a pretty obvious fact at this point)? I'm guessing he just didn't want his playoff chances in Tebow's hands... which begs the question: why the hell, going into a game that you absolutely MUST win, did you inactivate the only other QB you trust to throw the ball? Terrible mismanagement of the roster.
0

#4 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,644
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Might as well keep sanchez in, at least he'll help the jets get a better draft pick. I never agreed with the jets moving up to get this bum, its a bummer I was right. He cost this team home playoff games when the overall team was great, and playoff chances when the team was not. He shit the bed one to many times, just a bummer we're all but guaranteed to be stuck with the bum for another season. Sanchez has never helped this team, happy this was done...just wish it was done several weeks ago. to little to late.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#5 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,306
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 18 December 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

It's shit like this that makes me want Rex fired. I understand replacing Sanchez, he's shit the bed for the last time. I understand not starting Tebow, he's awful... here's what I don't understand: if you don't think that Tebow can start and you're giving the ball to McElroy, why the f*** was McElroy inactive for last night's game?! It was obvious that Sanchez was having one of his worst games, yet Ryan never pulled him... did he not pull him because "Sanchez had a great week of practice" or did he not pull him because he just hates Tebow (a pretty obvious fact at this point)? I'm guessing he just didn't want his playoff chances in Tebow's hands... which begs the question: why the hell, going into a game that you absolutely MUST win, did you inactivate the only other QB you trust to throw the ball? Terrible mismanagement of the roster.



It wouldn't surprise me if that was probably his reason right there.



What I don't understand is why have three QBs on the roster and have one inactive. I know we all remember that game early in the 2005 season (versus Jacksonville I think) when both Pennington and Jay Fiedler went down in back to back plays and we had to put Brooks Bollinger in. If that had happen last night with Sanchez and Tebow then what would they have done? I know it hardly ever happens but it has happened before.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#6 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,130
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 18 December 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

It wouldn't surprise me if that was probably his reason right there.



What I don't understand is why have three QBs on the roster and have one inactive. I know we all remember that game early in the 2005 season (versus Jacksonville I think) when both Pennington and Jay Fiedler went down in back to back plays and we had to put Brooks Bollinger in. If that had happen last night with Sanchez and Tebow then what would they have done? I know it hardly ever happens but it has happened before.


Kerley. Jets emergency QB is Kerley. Last time he played QB? High school.

All this while the Jets activated 6 WRs for this game and ran a series for Tebow (that was preplanned). This team is filled with idiots.
0

#7 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,306
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostChaos, on 18 December 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Kerley. Jets emergency QB is Kerley. Last time he played QB? High school.

All this while the Jets activated 6 WRs for this game and ran a series for Tebow (that was preplanned). This team is filled with idiots.


Kerley?!?! Unbelievable.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,455
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

The way I see this had to happen this game.

After Marks last 4 starts and especially after last nights game I think it would be chancing a stadium riot in New York and Mark`s,the coaches,an the teams safety to start Mark at the Meadowlands this Sunday. It would be like a bomb ready to detonate.

I could just imagine objects being tossed at the team, more fans fighting in the stadium than ever. and maybe even people running on to the field with ill intent.


Whether Rex wants to start Mark or not it would be the worst thing he could do.To many fans are furious as hell and Mark starting would be a really bad idea in the NY area. Personally I'm not even sure Mark should make the trip this game so the fans calm down. Its a known fact that sane people when gathered in masses are highly prone to violence and rioting when angry.

I'm not saying anything would happen but I am saying I totally believe this is more of a safety move than anything else. If the Jets were on the road this week I believe Mark would still be starting.

Now here is the question...if Greg plays really good will the FO give him the starting job and make it his to lose going into next year?

Or will Sanchez,Tebow or someone else get the job if Greg plays bad?
0

#9 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 362
  • Joined: 22-September 08

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

i feel like Rex prolly didnt want Tebow here from the beginning and just kinda had his hand forced to even putting this dude in for as many plays as he's had this season... i mean what other team in history has had their BACKUP QB come in for 1/2 plays with no real reason whatsoever sporadically during the season smh... this team is in shambles... knowing our luck Mcelroy will win the last two games,the other teams will crumble and this debacle of a team will sneak into the playoffs by some crazy miracle smh..
0

#10 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,455
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostSokeSleezy, on 18 December 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

i feel like Rex prolly didnt want Tebow here from the beginning and just kinda had his hand forced to even putting this dude in for as many plays as he's had this season... i mean what other team in history has had their BACKUP QB come in for 1/2 plays with no real reason whatsoever sporadically during the season smh... this team is in shambles... knowing our luck Mcelroy will win the last two games,the other teams will crumble and this debacle of a team will sneak into the playoffs by some crazy miracle smh..

Not happening. Jets are 100% eliminated. Even if Steelers lost both games and tied the Jets record the Steelers beat the Jets so they have the tie breaker. Its either the Steelers or the Bengals
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users