NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mcelroy To Start - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

The long off season looms
S-Dubb Icon : (29 January 2016 - 10:22 AM) long time no chat, Ya boy has returned from the depths. Good to see everyone alive and well. Another season down the drain... what else is new? Fitz coming back next yr means we wont be going to the superbowl. We seriously need to land a QB. I hope Petty is the future and Im still quietly waiting for Geno to show up. IF they retain him it would speak volumes
Mr_Jet Icon : (29 January 2016 - 11:23 AM) I'm done with Geno. Never really expected much from him from the beginning. So I'm also looking for Petty to be the future.
vjdbbq Icon : (29 January 2016 - 04:33 PM) GENO SUCKS MONKEY DICK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 January 2016 - 07:16 PM) S-Dubb??.Who's that guy?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 January 2016 - 07:17 PM) FIRE S-DUBB
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 09:10 AM) Dubb and Amen? Did I take a wrong turn and land back in 2007?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 09:10 AM) Haha good to see both of you
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:28 PM) I don't care if Cro comes back, I think Marcus Williams can start opposite Revis. Hes a ball hawk and has performed well everytime hes called on.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:41 PM) I want Fitz back as starter, he lacks arm talent but he is scrappy
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:41 PM) The team loves him as a leader and he is a good bridge QB as we groom a QB of the future.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:42 PM) He also has top notch pocket awareness.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:42 PM) He allows our playmakers to make plays. After years of terrible QB play, I'll take 31 TD 15 INTs almost 4,000 yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 February 2016 - 12:41 AM) I can't stop thinking about the off season...... what the hell are we gonna do!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Maccagnan is going to have to show his worth
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 10:00 AM) They can't have Wilkerson on that franchise tag, they have to sign him long term with a small cap hit or trade him. Otherwise we are in trouble with other FAs.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 10:00 AM) We need Harrison back, you can't run a effective 3-4 without a stud NT.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 10:01 AM) I hope we get Harrison back on a 4 yr contract.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 February 2016 - 12:55 PM) I really think we are going to have to tag and trade Wilkerson
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 February 2016 - 12:56 PM) If we keep wilk we lose Harrison or Fitzpatrick maybe both
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 February 2016 - 12:56 PM) And ivory
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:23 PM) We can't keep Wilkerson, Richardson, and Williams. A move has to be made
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:25 PM) If the Jets want to go cheaper, they can try to trade Wilkerson and have Richardson/Williams for cheap
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:25 PM) Then they can re-sign Harrison, FItzpatrick, Ivory, and maybe Powell.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Kaepernick apparently wants out of SF and wants to join the Jets
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Guess he sees the Jets as a team with a great WR tandem and a quality OC who builds a offense around the players
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:29 AM) No thanks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:29 AM) Unless he's dirt cheap
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:30 AM) The jets would be fools to take on that contract
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 02:09 PM) keep powell, snakcs, wilkerson, and fitz. let ivory walk, trade richardson, cut cromartie, restructure brick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 04:18 PM) Marshall said no to Kaepnerick, he wants FItzpatrick as his QB
vjdbbq Icon : (04 February 2016 - 12:07 PM) Where's Rob ? I need some ass shots !!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (07 February 2016 - 04:16 PM) its crazy how dead this site is
MikeGangGree... Icon : (07 February 2016 - 04:16 PM) its super bowl Sunday!!
vjdbbq Icon : (07 February 2016 - 04:47 PM) Everybody is at Rob's house ; checking out the asses !!!!!
Smedsthejet Icon : (07 February 2016 - 05:17 PM) Hope Cotchery gets a ring tonight
santana Icon : (07 February 2016 - 07:04 PM) Yeah I would rather see a panther win
santana Icon : (07 February 2016 - 07:25 PM) Zzzz
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (07 February 2016 - 09:03 PM) I want to see Manning go out on top
vjdbbq Icon : (07 February 2016 - 11:03 PM) Jerricho got screwed on the call in the first quarter but he dropped a few later on .
vjdbbq Icon : (07 February 2016 - 11:04 PM) Screw Manning and his chicken parm .
MikeGangGree... Icon : (07 February 2016 - 11:29 PM) We need a pass rushing LB!! Look at Denver.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (07 February 2016 - 11:30 PM) Nothing against manning but he wasn't good at all this year and gives me hope that we can reach a super bowl with Fitzpatrick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (08 February 2016 - 06:42 AM) Denver has two future HOF edge rushers with Miller and Ware.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (08 February 2016 - 08:01 PM) NO to kapergimmick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:37 AM) Yes to Kaepernick, he'd be great here!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Mcelroy To Start

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,185
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Greg will start VS Chargers. Confirmed with Jets per Mehta
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   JetsBuc Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 80
  • Joined: 31-March 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

Now,I might watch the game.
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,492
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

It's shit like this that makes me want Rex fired. I understand replacing Sanchez, he's shit the bed for the last time. I understand not starting Tebow, he's awful... here's what I don't understand: if you don't think that Tebow can start and you're giving the ball to McElroy, why the f*** was McElroy inactive for last night's game?! It was obvious that Sanchez was having one of his worst games, yet Ryan never pulled him... did he not pull him because "Sanchez had a great week of practice" or did he not pull him because he just hates Tebow (a pretty obvious fact at this point)? I'm guessing he just didn't want his playoff chances in Tebow's hands... which begs the question: why the hell, going into a game that you absolutely MUST win, did you inactivate the only other QB you trust to throw the ball? Terrible mismanagement of the roster.
0

#4 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,647
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Might as well keep sanchez in, at least he'll help the jets get a better draft pick. I never agreed with the jets moving up to get this bum, its a bummer I was right. He cost this team home playoff games when the overall team was great, and playoff chances when the team was not. He shit the bed one to many times, just a bummer we're all but guaranteed to be stuck with the bum for another season. Sanchez has never helped this team, happy this was done...just wish it was done several weeks ago. to little to late.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#5 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,330
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 18 December 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

It's shit like this that makes me want Rex fired. I understand replacing Sanchez, he's shit the bed for the last time. I understand not starting Tebow, he's awful... here's what I don't understand: if you don't think that Tebow can start and you're giving the ball to McElroy, why the f*** was McElroy inactive for last night's game?! It was obvious that Sanchez was having one of his worst games, yet Ryan never pulled him... did he not pull him because "Sanchez had a great week of practice" or did he not pull him because he just hates Tebow (a pretty obvious fact at this point)? I'm guessing he just didn't want his playoff chances in Tebow's hands... which begs the question: why the hell, going into a game that you absolutely MUST win, did you inactivate the only other QB you trust to throw the ball? Terrible mismanagement of the roster.



It wouldn't surprise me if that was probably his reason right there.



What I don't understand is why have three QBs on the roster and have one inactive. I know we all remember that game early in the 2005 season (versus Jacksonville I think) when both Pennington and Jay Fiedler went down in back to back plays and we had to put Brooks Bollinger in. If that had happen last night with Sanchez and Tebow then what would they have done? I know it hardly ever happens but it has happened before.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#6 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,177
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 18 December 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

It wouldn't surprise me if that was probably his reason right there.



What I don't understand is why have three QBs on the roster and have one inactive. I know we all remember that game early in the 2005 season (versus Jacksonville I think) when both Pennington and Jay Fiedler went down in back to back plays and we had to put Brooks Bollinger in. If that had happen last night with Sanchez and Tebow then what would they have done? I know it hardly ever happens but it has happened before.


Kerley. Jets emergency QB is Kerley. Last time he played QB? High school.

All this while the Jets activated 6 WRs for this game and ran a series for Tebow (that was preplanned). This team is filled with idiots.
0

#7 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,330
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostChaos, on 18 December 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Kerley. Jets emergency QB is Kerley. Last time he played QB? High school.

All this while the Jets activated 6 WRs for this game and ran a series for Tebow (that was preplanned). This team is filled with idiots.


Kerley?!?! Unbelievable.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,519
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

The way I see this had to happen this game.

After Marks last 4 starts and especially after last nights game I think it would be chancing a stadium riot in New York and Mark`s,the coaches,an the teams safety to start Mark at the Meadowlands this Sunday. It would be like a bomb ready to detonate.

I could just imagine objects being tossed at the team, more fans fighting in the stadium than ever. and maybe even people running on to the field with ill intent.


Whether Rex wants to start Mark or not it would be the worst thing he could do.To many fans are furious as hell and Mark starting would be a really bad idea in the NY area. Personally I'm not even sure Mark should make the trip this game so the fans calm down. Its a known fact that sane people when gathered in masses are highly prone to violence and rioting when angry.

I'm not saying anything would happen but I am saying I totally believe this is more of a safety move than anything else. If the Jets were on the road this week I believe Mark would still be starting.

Now here is the question...if Greg plays really good will the FO give him the starting job and make it his to lose going into next year?

Or will Sanchez,Tebow or someone else get the job if Greg plays bad?
0

#9 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 369
  • Joined: 22-September 08

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

i feel like Rex prolly didnt want Tebow here from the beginning and just kinda had his hand forced to even putting this dude in for as many plays as he's had this season... i mean what other team in history has had their BACKUP QB come in for 1/2 plays with no real reason whatsoever sporadically during the season smh... this team is in shambles... knowing our luck Mcelroy will win the last two games,the other teams will crumble and this debacle of a team will sneak into the playoffs by some crazy miracle smh..
0

#10 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,519
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostSokeSleezy, on 18 December 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

i feel like Rex prolly didnt want Tebow here from the beginning and just kinda had his hand forced to even putting this dude in for as many plays as he's had this season... i mean what other team in history has had their BACKUP QB come in for 1/2 plays with no real reason whatsoever sporadically during the season smh... this team is in shambles... knowing our luck Mcelroy will win the last two games,the other teams will crumble and this debacle of a team will sneak into the playoffs by some crazy miracle smh..

Not happening. Jets are 100% eliminated. Even if Steelers lost both games and tied the Jets record the Steelers beat the Jets so they have the tie breaker. Its either the Steelers or the Bengals
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users