NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mcelroy To Start - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) Jets starting Geno again.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) FIRE IDZIK,
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) I really hope the JEts completely clean house this offseason and get rid of everyone, it's time.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 AM) We need to keep getting embarrassed every week to ensure that. That is why I don't give a shit about getting destroyed, it makes the team look like more of a joke and forces Woody to make real changes
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Mcelroy To Start

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Greg will start VS Chargers. Confirmed with Jets per Mehta
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   JetsBuc Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 80
  • Joined: 31-March 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

Now,I might watch the game.
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

It's shit like this that makes me want Rex fired. I understand replacing Sanchez, he's shit the bed for the last time. I understand not starting Tebow, he's awful... here's what I don't understand: if you don't think that Tebow can start and you're giving the ball to McElroy, why the f*** was McElroy inactive for last night's game?! It was obvious that Sanchez was having one of his worst games, yet Ryan never pulled him... did he not pull him because "Sanchez had a great week of practice" or did he not pull him because he just hates Tebow (a pretty obvious fact at this point)? I'm guessing he just didn't want his playoff chances in Tebow's hands... which begs the question: why the hell, going into a game that you absolutely MUST win, did you inactivate the only other QB you trust to throw the ball? Terrible mismanagement of the roster.
0

#4 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,642
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Might as well keep sanchez in, at least he'll help the jets get a better draft pick. I never agreed with the jets moving up to get this bum, its a bummer I was right. He cost this team home playoff games when the overall team was great, and playoff chances when the team was not. He shit the bed one to many times, just a bummer we're all but guaranteed to be stuck with the bum for another season. Sanchez has never helped this team, happy this was done...just wish it was done several weeks ago. to little to late.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#5 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,276
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 18 December 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

It's shit like this that makes me want Rex fired. I understand replacing Sanchez, he's shit the bed for the last time. I understand not starting Tebow, he's awful... here's what I don't understand: if you don't think that Tebow can start and you're giving the ball to McElroy, why the f*** was McElroy inactive for last night's game?! It was obvious that Sanchez was having one of his worst games, yet Ryan never pulled him... did he not pull him because "Sanchez had a great week of practice" or did he not pull him because he just hates Tebow (a pretty obvious fact at this point)? I'm guessing he just didn't want his playoff chances in Tebow's hands... which begs the question: why the hell, going into a game that you absolutely MUST win, did you inactivate the only other QB you trust to throw the ball? Terrible mismanagement of the roster.



It wouldn't surprise me if that was probably his reason right there.



What I don't understand is why have three QBs on the roster and have one inactive. I know we all remember that game early in the 2005 season (versus Jacksonville I think) when both Pennington and Jay Fiedler went down in back to back plays and we had to put Brooks Bollinger in. If that had happen last night with Sanchez and Tebow then what would they have done? I know it hardly ever happens but it has happened before.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#6 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,044
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 18 December 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

It wouldn't surprise me if that was probably his reason right there.



What I don't understand is why have three QBs on the roster and have one inactive. I know we all remember that game early in the 2005 season (versus Jacksonville I think) when both Pennington and Jay Fiedler went down in back to back plays and we had to put Brooks Bollinger in. If that had happen last night with Sanchez and Tebow then what would they have done? I know it hardly ever happens but it has happened before.


Kerley. Jets emergency QB is Kerley. Last time he played QB? High school.

All this while the Jets activated 6 WRs for this game and ran a series for Tebow (that was preplanned). This team is filled with idiots.
0

#7 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,276
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostChaos, on 18 December 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Kerley. Jets emergency QB is Kerley. Last time he played QB? High school.

All this while the Jets activated 6 WRs for this game and ran a series for Tebow (that was preplanned). This team is filled with idiots.


Kerley?!?! Unbelievable.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,405
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

The way I see this had to happen this game.

After Marks last 4 starts and especially after last nights game I think it would be chancing a stadium riot in New York and Mark`s,the coaches,an the teams safety to start Mark at the Meadowlands this Sunday. It would be like a bomb ready to detonate.

I could just imagine objects being tossed at the team, more fans fighting in the stadium than ever. and maybe even people running on to the field with ill intent.


Whether Rex wants to start Mark or not it would be the worst thing he could do.To many fans are furious as hell and Mark starting would be a really bad idea in the NY area. Personally I'm not even sure Mark should make the trip this game so the fans calm down. Its a known fact that sane people when gathered in masses are highly prone to violence and rioting when angry.

I'm not saying anything would happen but I am saying I totally believe this is more of a safety move than anything else. If the Jets were on the road this week I believe Mark would still be starting.

Now here is the question...if Greg plays really good will the FO give him the starting job and make it his to lose going into next year?

Or will Sanchez,Tebow or someone else get the job if Greg plays bad?
0

#9 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 362
  • Joined: 22-September 08

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

i feel like Rex prolly didnt want Tebow here from the beginning and just kinda had his hand forced to even putting this dude in for as many plays as he's had this season... i mean what other team in history has had their BACKUP QB come in for 1/2 plays with no real reason whatsoever sporadically during the season smh... this team is in shambles... knowing our luck Mcelroy will win the last two games,the other teams will crumble and this debacle of a team will sneak into the playoffs by some crazy miracle smh..
0

#10 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,405
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostSokeSleezy, on 18 December 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

i feel like Rex prolly didnt want Tebow here from the beginning and just kinda had his hand forced to even putting this dude in for as many plays as he's had this season... i mean what other team in history has had their BACKUP QB come in for 1/2 plays with no real reason whatsoever sporadically during the season smh... this team is in shambles... knowing our luck Mcelroy will win the last two games,the other teams will crumble and this debacle of a team will sneak into the playoffs by some crazy miracle smh..

Not happening. Jets are 100% eliminated. Even if Steelers lost both games and tied the Jets record the Steelers beat the Jets so they have the tie breaker. Its either the Steelers or the Bengals
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users