NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mcelroy To Start - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Lee lee lee lee lee lee lee Lee la la lee le lee leeeee
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:31 PM) Not f***ing happy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:31 PM) I hope I'm wrong tho
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:31 PM) if I'm wrong I will eat m crow
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:39 PM) Some mocks had him top 10
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:42 PM) this guy is small
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:45 PM) Most mocks had Lee at 17 to the Falcons
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:45 PM) He's a day 1 starter for us. We've needed OLB forever
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:46 PM) Plus we generate a great rush from wilk rich and Williams
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:50 PM) I wanted Lawson bad
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:50 PM) f***ing bills
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:51 PM) Lee fills a need better
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:52 PM) I would have liked tunsil to slide to us though. After east picking great
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:52 PM) Would you take Lee over Lawson?
azjetfan Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:55 PM) I'm not inspire by that pick. Not even a little
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 10:01 PM) Wasn't an option. Lawson was gone
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 10:02 PM) Lawson is more of a de. We already have too many of those. We only have 1 proven LBer and he's 32 and we run a 3-4. Lee is a day 1 starter
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 10:03 PM) Broncos traded up for lynch
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 10:41 PM) Round 1 is done
2JBallar01 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 12:43 AM) He will play ILB for us.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 11:08 AM) http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38865
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 11:19 AM) jets tried to trade up for tunsil but the price was too high
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 05:10 PM) Tunsil will end up out of the league
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 05:12 PM) Lee isn't a pass rusher, hes a fast athletic LB. Hes probably their future at ILB, someone who can cover in the middle
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 06:16 PM) jets said he's an ILB for us
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 06:17 PM) If we could grab jack he would be an OLB
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 06:17 PM) ttians have 3 picks in the next 13 picks
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 06:33 PM) jack to jax 36th overal
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 06:33 PM) Did you hear that the 1st round pick for the Browns RETIRED after getting drafted
SoReALSoJetS Icon : (29 April 2016 - 07:29 PM) Hi guys long time no talk hope everyone is well
Mr_Jet Icon : (29 April 2016 - 07:46 PM) SMH
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 07:46 PM) JETS drafted QB Hackenberg PSU
Mr_Jet Icon : (29 April 2016 - 07:47 PM) Should have picked Connor Cook.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 April 2016 - 07:56 PM) I guess we are giving up on petty
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 09:02 PM) Or giving up on geno
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 09:02 PM) I said the rumor was they liked him more then cook
Mr_Jet Icon : (29 April 2016 - 11:35 PM) I know I'm biased, but I've seen them both play. Cook is just better. Hackenberg had one good year. Cook has won more games, played in big games and won them....whatever, its done now so no sense on dwelling on it I guess. I just don't see the appeal in Hackenberg, nice kid, but I always thought he was really overrated. Oh well. I would have taken Kevin Hogan over Hackenberg.
azjetfan Icon : (30 April 2016 - 03:47 PM) From what I have read so far he had a great freshman year under Obrien in a pro style offense. At that point some considered him the next Andrew luck. Then Obrien left and they shifted to a spread under new HC who did poor job bringing in talent. He was also sacked and hit a million times. Might be shell shocked.
Smedsthejet Icon : (01 May 2016 - 06:17 AM) But Chan Gailey runs a spread system - still, I'm comfortable with the Hackenberg pick seeing as Gailey will develop the system to suit his strength... I'm just glad that we passed on Paxton Lynch in the first...we still desperately need Fitz to re-sign though
azjetfan Icon : (01 May 2016 - 07:14 PM) From my understanding the spread in college and the spread in NFL are not the same principals. I really think it was more of a talent issue and getting sacked 80 times in 2 years that did him in. I have no idea if he will make it. I don't follow college ball enough to to know. Theses are just things I read in articles.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (02 May 2016 - 10:24 AM) I'm stoked about getting peake in the 7th round. that was a steal. he was a projected 3rd rounder. wonder what scared teams away
Jetsfan115 Icon : (02 May 2016 - 06:05 PM) Jets Invite Terron Beckham(Odell's Cousin) to Minicamp
Jetsfan115 Icon : (02 May 2016 - 06:06 PM) Listed as a RB had more bench presses and highest vertical of anyone this year. Hasn't played football since high school and apparently not very smart
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 May 2016 - 05:16 PM) The Jets had Hackenberg as their #2 rated QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 May 2016 - 05:16 PM) Apparently, they loved Golf and tried to trade up. When that failed, their #2 QB was Hackenberg, they fell in love with his football IQ
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 May 2016 - 05:17 PM) It would be a mistake to start him right away, hes a guy who needs development. He has the talent, and apparently he has good leadership skills and football IQ. His mechanics are off though
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Mcelroy To Start

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,194
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Greg will start VS Chargers. Confirmed with Jets per Mehta
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   JetsBuc Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 80
  • Joined: 31-March 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

Now,I might watch the game.
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,492
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

It's shit like this that makes me want Rex fired. I understand replacing Sanchez, he's shit the bed for the last time. I understand not starting Tebow, he's awful... here's what I don't understand: if you don't think that Tebow can start and you're giving the ball to McElroy, why the f*** was McElroy inactive for last night's game?! It was obvious that Sanchez was having one of his worst games, yet Ryan never pulled him... did he not pull him because "Sanchez had a great week of practice" or did he not pull him because he just hates Tebow (a pretty obvious fact at this point)? I'm guessing he just didn't want his playoff chances in Tebow's hands... which begs the question: why the hell, going into a game that you absolutely MUST win, did you inactivate the only other QB you trust to throw the ball? Terrible mismanagement of the roster.
0

#4 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,647
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Might as well keep sanchez in, at least he'll help the jets get a better draft pick. I never agreed with the jets moving up to get this bum, its a bummer I was right. He cost this team home playoff games when the overall team was great, and playoff chances when the team was not. He shit the bed one to many times, just a bummer we're all but guaranteed to be stuck with the bum for another season. Sanchez has never helped this team, happy this was done...just wish it was done several weeks ago. to little to late.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#5 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,330
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 18 December 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

It's shit like this that makes me want Rex fired. I understand replacing Sanchez, he's shit the bed for the last time. I understand not starting Tebow, he's awful... here's what I don't understand: if you don't think that Tebow can start and you're giving the ball to McElroy, why the f*** was McElroy inactive for last night's game?! It was obvious that Sanchez was having one of his worst games, yet Ryan never pulled him... did he not pull him because "Sanchez had a great week of practice" or did he not pull him because he just hates Tebow (a pretty obvious fact at this point)? I'm guessing he just didn't want his playoff chances in Tebow's hands... which begs the question: why the hell, going into a game that you absolutely MUST win, did you inactivate the only other QB you trust to throw the ball? Terrible mismanagement of the roster.



It wouldn't surprise me if that was probably his reason right there.



What I don't understand is why have three QBs on the roster and have one inactive. I know we all remember that game early in the 2005 season (versus Jacksonville I think) when both Pennington and Jay Fiedler went down in back to back plays and we had to put Brooks Bollinger in. If that had happen last night with Sanchez and Tebow then what would they have done? I know it hardly ever happens but it has happened before.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#6 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,178
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 18 December 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

It wouldn't surprise me if that was probably his reason right there.



What I don't understand is why have three QBs on the roster and have one inactive. I know we all remember that game early in the 2005 season (versus Jacksonville I think) when both Pennington and Jay Fiedler went down in back to back plays and we had to put Brooks Bollinger in. If that had happen last night with Sanchez and Tebow then what would they have done? I know it hardly ever happens but it has happened before.


Kerley. Jets emergency QB is Kerley. Last time he played QB? High school.

All this while the Jets activated 6 WRs for this game and ran a series for Tebow (that was preplanned). This team is filled with idiots.
0

#7 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,330
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostChaos, on 18 December 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Kerley. Jets emergency QB is Kerley. Last time he played QB? High school.

All this while the Jets activated 6 WRs for this game and ran a series for Tebow (that was preplanned). This team is filled with idiots.


Kerley?!?! Unbelievable.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,522
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

The way I see this had to happen this game.

After Marks last 4 starts and especially after last nights game I think it would be chancing a stadium riot in New York and Mark`s,the coaches,an the teams safety to start Mark at the Meadowlands this Sunday. It would be like a bomb ready to detonate.

I could just imagine objects being tossed at the team, more fans fighting in the stadium than ever. and maybe even people running on to the field with ill intent.


Whether Rex wants to start Mark or not it would be the worst thing he could do.To many fans are furious as hell and Mark starting would be a really bad idea in the NY area. Personally I'm not even sure Mark should make the trip this game so the fans calm down. Its a known fact that sane people when gathered in masses are highly prone to violence and rioting when angry.

I'm not saying anything would happen but I am saying I totally believe this is more of a safety move than anything else. If the Jets were on the road this week I believe Mark would still be starting.

Now here is the question...if Greg plays really good will the FO give him the starting job and make it his to lose going into next year?

Or will Sanchez,Tebow or someone else get the job if Greg plays bad?
0

#9 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 369
  • Joined: 22-September 08

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

i feel like Rex prolly didnt want Tebow here from the beginning and just kinda had his hand forced to even putting this dude in for as many plays as he's had this season... i mean what other team in history has had their BACKUP QB come in for 1/2 plays with no real reason whatsoever sporadically during the season smh... this team is in shambles... knowing our luck Mcelroy will win the last two games,the other teams will crumble and this debacle of a team will sneak into the playoffs by some crazy miracle smh..
0

#10 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,522
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostSokeSleezy, on 18 December 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

i feel like Rex prolly didnt want Tebow here from the beginning and just kinda had his hand forced to even putting this dude in for as many plays as he's had this season... i mean what other team in history has had their BACKUP QB come in for 1/2 plays with no real reason whatsoever sporadically during the season smh... this team is in shambles... knowing our luck Mcelroy will win the last two games,the other teams will crumble and this debacle of a team will sneak into the playoffs by some crazy miracle smh..

Not happening. Jets are 100% eliminated. Even if Steelers lost both games and tied the Jets record the Steelers beat the Jets so they have the tie breaker. Its either the Steelers or the Bengals
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users