NYJetsFan.com Forums: This Season Is Done For Sanchez, But I'm Not Done With Him And You Shouldn't Be Either! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

"We're not a bad football team; we just do stupid stuff," said Eric Decker
Jetsman05 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 04:52 PM) Harlem not in our league... doesn't matter
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 06:17 PM) you don't matter!
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 06:17 PM) and that wasn't a red card RIP SWANSEA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:20 PM) Manish is really annoying with his vendetta against Idzik though, you can tell it's personal because he doesn't have his scoops anymore.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:20 PM) Since Idzik has became GM, Manish has lost all of his sources.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 PM) its clear that this bothers Manish deeply and hes throwing little tantrums about it
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:57 PM) Manish should not have a job. He and Idzik should be fired
SecondHandJets Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:16 PM) Hey bitches
SecondHandJets Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:16 PM) How's everyone enjoying your New York Jets?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:28 PM) Jose Canseco just pulled a Plaxico Burress.
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:01 PM) Shot himself in the leg?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Shot his middle finger
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM) Suck for the Duck
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Milber didnt die for this
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Today, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Today, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Today, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Today, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Today, 01:57 PM) $$
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

This Season Is Done For Sanchez, But I'm Not Done With Him And You Shouldn't Be Either! Good Read written by me :)

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

A friend once told me regarding his wife and his young kids, that even though he wanted a divorce it was "cheaper to keep her" so he was waiting out until his kids were 18 and child support wouldn't be an issue. What does this have to do with the jets? Well its cheaper to keep Sanchez then to release or trade him. our cap situation is tight already next year. Sanchez cap value is 12.8mil releasing him would make it 17.1 mil meaning we lose 4.3 million in cap room by releasing or trading him. Also with his high salary trading will not be an option. In other words we are stuck with Sanchez on the roster. So where does that leave us in the QB dept? Tebow, Sanchez, and McElroy. Tebow will be gone, eh's expensive and doesn't fit in here. McElroy is a 7th round pick that will get 2 games to show us what he has in the upcoming weeks. I doubt he is the future. We will need to add a 3rd Qb but from where? We can't afford a big paycheck so we can add a cheap vet who wouldn't be starting caliber, we could maybe get a decent deal on a guy like vick but its a huge risk still and its assuming philly is done with him. At this point is he any better then sanchez anyway? Did you see him play this year? so that leaves the draft. You can't rely on a rookie starting so again its down to sanchez and McElroy. and we have so many holes suing a high pick on a QB might be crazy. it would have to be a mid round prospect like a russel wilson or Colin Kapernick. In other words in 2013 Sanchez is the best we will have still.

Now just 2 seasons ago the Jets were an 11-5 team. Sanchez was in his 2nd year coming off a shaky rookie season where he made mistakes but he also made plays. The last gane didn't count and was a gimme in which sanchez didn't even throw a ball. so he won us 10 games and clinched a playoff berth. In those 10 games he won 5 of them on the jets final drive in the final minutes or OT of the game. From houston, to Det, to Cle all amazing games by Mark. Then we get in the playoffs. Indy takes the lead by 2 with less then 2 minutes left. In the playoffs sanchez marches us down the field into FG position and we win and move onto Pitt. In the pitt game schotty decided to try and run the ball every play and our defense gave out and we fell behind. But in the 2nd half sanchez was unstoppable. and he almost brought us back but we ran out of time because the D folded. now on that 4th down you can't tell me that you guys all didn't KNOW that sanchez would win us that game if we stopped them. even Pitt knew they weren't gonna stop sanchez. Thats why they went for it on 4th down. They knew sanchez was owning the steel curtain.

So now what has changed? well 1st off after that season we lost alot of team talent, our o-line went down the drain. LT retired, our defense was getting older, kick off rules changed and our field position gone down. All of this led to an average 8-8 season. but even with all the decline, sanchez still improved in every category from % to yards to rating to TD-INt ratio. he steadily improved. Even though we only won 8 again half of them (4) were won on sanchez leading the game winning drive and coming back in the 4th quarter. Mark was a clutch QB from day one. This year however he looks shell shocked. I think the coaching staff is to blame. sparano is worse then schotty, we are committed to a forumla that hasn't worked in the NFL for 20 years, we suffered big time injuries and have no depth and sanchez gets the blame for it all? He's getting david carr syndrome. He's afraid he has no blocking becuase he doens't. he has no confidence in his Wrs or O-line, what this si doing is he forces it to the only player he trusts which is keller.

So how do we fix it going forward? I say there is a 99% chance sanchez is the starter for us opening day next year. 1st off we need to give him an o-line. get a RT and LG that can block. Let greene walk and draft a speed back in teh mid rounds. start powell and use mcknight in special sets and sue the draft pick as teh homerun threat in the 4th when the defense is worn down. keep keller and BE. give him keller, BE, holmes (his fav 3 targets) kerly and hill. Draft better LBers and safeties. Landry and bell will be gone. we need a good safety and some pass ruhsing OLBs. thomas is done, pace is meh. we need help big time in the pass rush. That gives us the best chance to move forward, blowing up everything isn't gonna work. we did it with herm and mangini doing it again with rex isn't gonna help. you have to give coaches lots of time. if players are always adjusting to new staffs then they can't win. consistency is the key to success in the NFL. and this is why you should still believe in sanchez, if not for the fact you are a jets fan and he's our only option
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   nejets2820 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

I don't know exactly the specifics of our current cap, but from what I'm getting. There is no way, even if we do keep him, that we can make any moves this offseason. So it's a good idea, but thanks to this terrible organization, it's not gonna happen.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

View Postnejets2820, on 19 December 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

I don't know exactly the specifics of our current cap, but from what I'm getting. There is no way, even if we do keep him, that we can make any moves this offseason. So it's a good idea, but thanks to this terrible organization, it's not gonna happen.

We have money. we look to be about 5 mil over the cap but cutting jason smith, calvin pace,and bar scott will free up 27.5 million. throw in eric smith and we save over 30 million off the cap with 4 players
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   nejets2820 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 19 December 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

We have money. we look to be about 5 mil over the cap but cutting jason smith, calvin pace,and bar scott will free up 27.5 million. throw in eric smith and we save over 30 million off the cap with 4 players

you think the Jets organization are smart enough to get rid of these players??
Posted Image

#5 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

The only way I want Sanchez back is with a new staff. Not the bullshit Rex and Co. is dropping on us every sunday. I wanna see how he does under a new coaching with some weapons around him. I believe he would do well. This staff, This organization is ass backwards. He had nothing to work with the past 2 seasons. Rex is not head coaching material. The Ravens knew something that the jets didn't. Instead of hiring Rex, they went outside the organization is brought in Harbaugh. I can't take it. I said earlier this year when I heard Tebow was coming in that this team was doomed. And it is. I also said I wan't going to get upset because I knew this was going to performed like shit on Sundays. I expected that. But never expect it would be from to to bottom. Sparrano hasn't call an offensive play since 2005 in Boston University. I knew that. But I've seen enough. I can't keep paying Direct TV $250+ a year to see trash on Sundays. It's not worth it. Woody has to clean house. I rather see a new QB and coaching staff go 8-8 and shows some promise then this current team. This team regress.

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 19 December 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

The only way I want Sanchez back is with a new staff. Not the bullshit Rex and Co. is dropping on us every sunday. I wanna see how he does under a new coaching with some weapons around him. I believe he would do well. This staff, This organization is ass backwards. He had nothing to work with the past 2 seasons. Rex is not head coaching material. The Ravens knew something that the jets didn't. Instead of hiring Rex, they went outside the organization is brought in Harbaugh. I can't take it. I said earlier this year when I heard Tebow was coming in that this team was doomed. And it is. I also said I wan't going to get upset because I knew this was going to performed like shit on Sundays. I expected that. But never expect it would be from to to bottom. Sparrano hasn't call an offensive play since 2005 since Boston university. I knew that. But I've seen enough. I can't keep paying Direct TV $250+ a year to see trash on Sundays. It's not worth it. Woody has to clean house. I rather see a new QB and coaching staff go 8-8 and shows some promise then this current team. This team regress.

the teams that win do it by staying consistent with coaching staffs. we got lucky with the succes we had the 1st 2 years. we skipped growing pains. Now we are getting growing pains. we have no good DC. rex has to call teh plays. Rex doesn't know offense nobody on our team does. we should hire back tom moore as a consultant and abondon the ground and pound.

Rex's biggest problem is he is stubborn. he tries to enforece his will in what he wants instead of realizing we lack the personnell to do what he wants and adjusts. great coaches (belicheck) adjust to their talen. he won a SB using Wrs at CB and LBers as TEs catching TDs. we don't we try and stuff square pegs into round holes. belly finds teh rights holes for all his pieces
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 19 December 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

the teams that win do it by staying consistent with coaching staffs. we got lucky with the succes we had the 1st 2 years. we skipped growing pains. Now we are getting growing pains. we have no good DC. rex has to call teh plays. Rex doesn't know offense nobody on our team does. we should hire back tom moore as a consultant and abondon the ground and pound.

Rex's biggest problem is he is stubborn. he tries to enforece his will in what he wants instead of realizing we lack the personnell to do what he wants and adjusts. great coaches (belicheck) adjust to their talen. he won a SB using Wrs at CB and LBers as TEs catching TDs. we don't we try and stuff square pegs into round holes. belly finds teh rights holes for all his pieces

Well not only that, but players who can contribute more are not utilized the way they should at all
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

As far as the cap goes from what I have read and 115 said alot of our guys like Pace, Scott, are cuttable with little cap hit.They may be resigned at a lower price as well. This was designed by Tanny. Cap will be fine. The biggest issue we have is Sanchez and his contract. My guess is he will want another shot somewhere else and may be willing to work a deal if traded to a team of his liking. A team with a QB coach and a way to help him develop.
Posted Image

#9 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 19 December 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

the teams that win do it by staying consistent with coaching staffs.

I think this is the smartest comment you have ever made. Look at long term results not individual seasons. As much as we all think we know football, we have no idea what is really going on besides what we see on TV and hear from media. It is hard to not let emotions take over and want total change, but that is not best for us. We have 2/3 of a team right now. We need to get offense savy in the offseason. Lets see who is availible in the offseason. Maybe a Chan Gailey or Norv Turner or (insert coach here. Maybe a Hasselbeck or Matt Flynn or (insert palayer here). Rex is fine he just needs support in his deficiencies like many coaches.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Ryan is a good HC. He just needs more support because he doesn't know anything about offense or special teams and....doesn't hire good coaches.............and his team is never prepared........................and says stupid shit to the media......................and shows to much loyalty and stubbornness in personnel decisions.....

uh

....Rex Ryan is a good DC.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#11 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Sanchez's time with the Jets has run out. Trade talks? Him saying he might be inactive next game? Media bashing? Sanchez may turn out to be a good QB yet but I seriously doubt it's going to be with the Jets. Evidence points to him needing a cast similar to what Alex Smith has, well had, on the 49ers to be good. His confidence is gone and can seen by the way he plays. I like the guy but some individuals aren't made to play in New York and he may be one of them.

Jets need a reboot at QB. Sanchez and Tebow both need to go. I don't know how feasible it is getting rid of Sanchez but that would be ideal. Keep McElroy depending on how he does next two games, draft someone in the 2nd-3rd, and bring in a veteran. The offensive side of the staff needs to be given pink slips as well. Rex and the offense is never going to work out. If he's going to remain the head coach then Jets need a guy on offense who can run the whole program. Then let the fun begin.

#12 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

I just want to add something about Sanchez and the Jets Offense/Offense Coaching.

Remember the Patriot Game on Thanksgiving, when we were embarrassed by Brady @ Belicheck. Remember that play the Pats had, I believe it was like an 80 yard dump pass to the RB in the flat for a TD? That was 98% coaching and game planning, and 2% execution. Anyone of us could have executed THAT play against THAT defense. Brady did 2 things, recognized the D, and changed the play to the one they would call if they saw this D alignment and dumped a 10 yard pass to the flat, and the RB Ran FAST! Not one of our coaches could call anything remotely as successfull...WHY?

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostJSOTF, on 20 December 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

I just want to add something about Sanchez and the Jets Offense/Offense Coaching.

Remember the Patriot Game on Thanksgiving, when we were embarrassed by Brady @ Belicheck. Remember that play the Pats had, I believe it was like an 80 yard dump pass to the RB in the flat for a TD? That was 98% coaching and game planning, and 2% execution. Anyone of us could have executed THAT play against THAT defense. Brady did 2 things, recognized the D, and changed the play to the one they would call if they saw this D alignment and dumped a 10 yard pass to the flat, and the RB Ran FAST! Not one of our coaches could call anything remotely as successfull...WHY?

Brady is probably only 1 of 2 Qbs in the NFL (peyton manning being the other) that can read a defense and change to the perfect play more often then not. Sanchez can't do that. matter of fact he never had the option to. instead of an audible system we got a "kill"system which means he has 1 play and a abck-up play if teh D has a good look against teh original play. Guess what? if both plays suck what can he do? nothing. Peyton maning probably has over 20 plays he can audible to at any moment. he see's teh D and changes to the perfect play. I'm willing to bet peyton manning runs the play called in less tehn half of his snaps. The Majority are off of his audible and brilliant mind.

But again QBs like that are once in a lifetime
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#14 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 20 December 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

Ryan is a good HC. He just needs more support because he doesn't know anything about offense or special teams and....doesn't hire good coaches.............and his team is never prepared........................and says stupid shit to the media......................and shows to much loyalty and stubbornness in personnel decisions.....

uh

....Rex Ryan is a good DC.

So we made it to 2 AFC championship games with a poor HC and a QB who could not start for another team?
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 20 December 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

So we made it to 2 AFC championship games with a poor HC and a QB who could not start for another team?

We made it to those games with a team someone else built.

#16 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 20 December 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

We made it to those games with a team someone else built.

The last I checked Mangini was fired for not winning with the same team plus Brett Favre. Your someone elses comment would apply to Tanny anyway. Good try
Posted Image

#17 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Our deficiencies start much higher than our HC. It starts with Woody and his inability to realize Tanny needs help. Tanny is a great numbers guy ans can wiggle a deal with anyone but he does not always know what he is getting since he is football illiterate. The coaching staff has huge holes in it. Nobody on Offense has a clue including the players of what their identity is or what they are supposed to do. It would be great to get a Bellicheck type coach but those are 1/32 right now. The odds are against us. Give Rex the support he needs to solidify his deficiencies and we will win a lot of games.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   wichitacommish Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:My Kids.
    The Jets.
    Fantasy Football.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

This is a good post, level headed, informative and wise. We should give Rex more time. We should give Tanny one or two more years. If we dont improve after that time than flush everything. Sanchez will be at the end of his extension. Tanny, if the talent doesnt improve should be fired. Let the new GM sort out what he wants to do with Rex. I really think we are going to go 8-8 for the second year in a row. You cant really bail on a staff that has never had a losing season. Sporano and Pettine will mostly likely be fired and walk. So I am excited to see what we have in McElroy and then move on with what we have for at least 2 more years. This organization has ALWAYS been about the quick fixes its time for some stability.

#19 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 21 December 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

The last I checked Mangini was fired for not winning with the same team plus Brett Favre. Your someone elses comment would apply to Tanny anyway. Good try

View Postazjetfan, on 21 December 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Our deficiencies start much higher than our HC. It starts with Woody and his inability to realize Tanny needs help. Tanny is a great numbers guy ans can wiggle a deal with anyone but he does not always know what he is getting since he is football illiterate. The coaching staff has huge holes in it. Nobody on Offense has a clue including the players of what their identity is or what they are supposed to do. It would be great to get a Bellicheck type coach but those are 1/32 right now. The odds are against us. Give Rex the support he needs to solidify his deficiencies and we will win a lot of games.

So in one post you give Tanny credit for building a good team and in the next he needs help making decisions. We lost because Favre covered up being injured and you know that. But anything to keep up the idea Ryan has anything it takes to be a HC. I understand.

#20 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 21 December 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

So in one post you give Tanny credit for building a good team and in the next he needs help making decisions. We lost because Favre covered up being injured and you know that. But anything to keep up the idea Ryan has anything it takes to be a HC. I understand.

Where did I say Tanny was good? I gave him credit for his stregths. Those are true statements. I never said he was a great GM. Even if you want to blame Mangini's failures on Favre he still outplayed Sanchez hands down. Also he could have put Clemens in who is pretty much an equal or better than Sanchez. Try again.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users