NYJetsFan.com Forums: Greg Mcelroy Is Hot Garbage. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (31 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) all the admins on this page should be fired
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) for being assclowns
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) The Jets are fucked at CB, signing some bums now. We need Milliner to get healthy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:20 PM) We have signed CB Phillip Adams
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) The Gayders are playing Derek Carr against the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) our D Line better put him in a WORLD OF PAIN
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) Rookie QB in our house...Rex do your thing!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:56 PM) with Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls as our starting CBs
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) our offense should be better than last year, Geno looks more comfortable
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) The Jets released Jeremiah George and Ellis Lankster, hopefully George finds his way to the PS. AJ Edds was re-signed
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Greg Mcelroy Is Hot Garbage.

#21 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

All 0099 said was based on the way the Giants played the last two weeks, you could say the Giants have quit on Coughlan as much as you can say the Jets have quit on Rex. I don't think either is true, but it's a pretty valid argument, one that has absolutely nothing to do with who won the super bowl last year.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#22 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

Yeah if you compare the way the Giants have played for one eighth of the season to how the Jets have played for a year and a half it is pretty similar.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#23 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 25 December 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Yeah if you compare the way the Giants have played for one eighth of the season to how the Jets have played for a year and a half it is pretty similar.

LMAO

#24 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 25 December 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

I don't hear anyone saying the Jets quit on Rex for the past year and a half.

The Giants have so much more talent than the Jets, it's absurd. That's the biggest difference between the teams, not the head coaches.

Edit: stumbled across this article this morning: http://www.grantland...on-tom-coughlin
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#25 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

I still think it's funny how this team went from "OMG Keller, Mangold, Brick, Moore, Revis, harris, Coples, Wilkerson, Ellis, Cro, the new LBs if they stay healthy..." to:

"this team has no player any team would want-we have less talent than any team in the league."

Which is what happened over the last two seasons. The regression of talent on this team must be caused by something in the water and certainly not bad coaching since Ryan is still "OMG what a coach!"

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Doesn't look like much talent to me.
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 26 December 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

Doesn't look like much talent to me.

I know. But you don't have anything nice to say about the team and you don't care about the team's history so your opinion doesn't mean shit to me.

I guess the worst team in the league is magically close to. 500. We lack talent but you just can't tell lack of talent from terrible coaching and misuse of players.

#28 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

All you have to do is look around at other teams and you will see the lack of talent this team has. There are some things I blame on coaching, like not using Coples and Davis more on defense or not using Powell and McKnight more on offense. But overall this team just doesn't have the talent to be a playoff team and I don't see how a simple coaching change would change that. Our offense would be awful no matter who was coaching it, there is just nothing to work with on it. At least the 2-13 Chiefs have Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe. And on defense this team would be worse with another coach, because right now all they have is scheme. Their OLbs have 2 and 3 sacks, that is pathetic. The 2-13 Chiefs have Justin Houston with 10 sacks and Tamba Hali with 9 sacks. THe Jets still had one of the better pass defenses in football, holding QBs to 54% even without Revis or a good pass rush. Our run defense held this defense back, but that is what happens when you let your LBs get old. Pace and Thomas no longer could contain the outsides like they used to. Pouha wasn't effective this season, his back injury was more significant than what was let out. Bart Scott has continued his decline. And Harris had some awful games. I don't think Rex is as bad as a coach as some thing, and I don't think the team has given up on him. I don't believe that they gave up on him last season either, just hard when your QB is garbage and turns it over all of the time killing your chances at winning ball games.
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

So a team in a worse division than the Jets with a significantly worse record than the Jets and who has only sparsely led games all seasons long has a couple players with some stats and they are more talented? If the Jets are less talented than the Chiefs, Rex Ryan should win coach of the century to have them at almost .500.

#30 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Rex Ryan had his biggest success with Mangini's roster. Every year that he's been here the team has gotten worse and worse. Last year, he addmitted to "losing the pulse" of the team. That should've been reason enough to fire him. His job is to motivate the team and put them in a place where they can succeed. The Xs and Os are what the coordinators do... so in effect, he failed at his one job. This year is even worse. No we didn't have a fight in the huddle yet (there's still time) but this is a lifeless team where the defense is openly loathing the offense, one backup QB is basically giving out his resume and the "franchise QB" who Rex INSISTED on drafting now looks like he's going to need a sport psychologist. I would be shocked if Rex ever gets another HC gig in the NFL.

#31 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

What is with Jets fans thinking that Mangini was the GM when he was here? We get a couple of good players and now all of sudden Mangini is the best personnel guy ever, even if he had absolutely nothing to do with it. I've seen people all over wanting Mangini to come back as a GM for this team.... There are some HCs that have power to make personnel moves, but those are the proven coaches that have earned that and they eventually fail because of it. The Jets do not give power to the HC to make personnel decisions, the GM does that. If Mangini stayed as HC, there is noway we even sniff the AFC championship game in 2009, Mangini couldn't even get the 2008 Jets into the playoffs with a better more healthy team with a veteran QB, Favre would have been more fresh if they ran the ball more with their 2 stud RBs.

How about get an actual QB, because it seems like most are just giving up on Sanchez who is just terrible. Hes never been good and never will be, he flashed at moments but he never could build any kind of consistency in the NFL.

We would not have been any better this season with simple coach change, there just isn't enough talent on this team to make the playoffs. And yet they may have made the playoffs this season if not for Sanchez throwing away games, they probably would have made the playoffs last season without Sanchez throwing away games. If Mangini was able to find a job right away after getting fired from the Jets, why won't Rex be able to find a job? He may even find his way into college football, there was some rumors of teams wanting him.

And the Chiefs have 5 probowlers on their team, I do not see how the Jets are a more talented team. They have a elite RB, good WRs, good pass rushers, good LBs, some good secondary players. What do we have? That is the problem, we have nothing on this team. The only reason we are 7th in defense is because of scheme, our LBs are absolute garbage and our secondary lost the best CB in football, along with Pouha being screwed up with that back injury. Offensively we have a terrible QB and nothing to offset that.
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

The fact that the Browns and Jets had near identical draft under Mangini is why people think that.

You saying the Jets have no talent doesn't make it so. They certainly aren't a playoff team in terms of talent but the fact that the only thing Ryan doss is defense doesn't mean he is a good HC. Him not being a use in any other area of the team, whether you look at the offense or special teams or getting the team prepared each ween certainly is a contributing factor to the teams record. His leaving Mark in while he sucked all year is his fault and him bringing in another awful OC is his fault.

#33 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

What is so good about the Browns drafts under Mangini? Outside of Haden and Mack, the rest is pretty much trash. Its not me saying the Jets have no talent that makes it so, its the Jets having no talent that makes it so. Sparano was a bad hire, but its not like he had a chance with the talent the Jets had on offense. He didn't have a stud QB to work with, or even a stud RB to work with, and the team had terrible WRs.
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 27 December 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

What is so good about the Browns drafts under Mangini? Outside of Haden and Mack, the rest is pretty much trash. Its not me saying the Jets have no talent that makes it so, its the Jets having no talent that makes it so. Sparano was a bad hire, but its not like he had a chance with the talent the Jets had on offense. He didn't have a stud QB to work with, or even a stud RB to work with, and the team had terrible WRs.

I'm talking about the philosophy of the drafts, not the stats produced.

Good coachs get more out of bad players.

#35 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

There is a point where bad players=bad team. Great QBs can compensate for the lack of talent around them and on their team, but Sanchez is far from that
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

How do you sleep at night with how much you hate everything about this team (except the Head Coach)?

#37 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

I don't hate this team and I do realize that Rex has flaws. I just don't think they have much talent, I think they need to get away from a glorified accountant at GM and get a actual football mind to run things. Because they have to do better in the drafts than they are doing. I think they need to focus more on offense, if they want to run the ball great but you need a actual RB to do it. Throwing the ball requires some WRs that can get open and a actual QB who can throw. If you want to have a elite defense, how about being able to do the things you need to do in order to have one, which is stop the run and rush the passer. Can't do that with the current LBs we have.
Posted Image

#38 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 27 December 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

What is with Jets fans thinking that Mangini was the GM when he was here? We get a couple of good players and now all of sudden Mangini is the best personnel guy ever, even if he had absolutely nothing to do with it.

What are you talking about? The fact that I referred to the 2009 Jets team as "Mangini's team"? Well... that's what it was when Rex took over. Mangini had as much input as Rex when it came to personnel. Tanny made the decisions within the parameters that they were "high character". What that means, I don't know. The only reason I referred to it as Mangini's team" is because that's who ran it before he got here. When the next coach comes in, he'll have "Rex's team".

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users