NYJetsFan.com Forums: You Can't Fire Me, I Quit! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 April 2014 - 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (23 April 2014 - 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (23 April 2014 - 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (23 April 2014 - 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:04 PM) The media is so dumb, Jon Gieger Revis' best friend tweets a pic from the Jets website and says it's revis, and all of the media goes along with it making fun of the Jets when it was really Jeremy Kerleyr.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) uh oh - "Bradley Roby charged with operating a vehicle under the influence"
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:56 PM) THE YANKEES
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

You Can't Fire Me, I Quit!

#1 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Jets 'backup' quarterback Tim Tebow spends more time on sideline, flanked by Sunday’s starter Greg McElroy (l.) and benched starter Mark Sanchez.Tim Tebow finally stood up for himself. After learning last week he wouldn’t start for the benched Mark Sanchez against the San Diego Chargers, he told his coaches not to put him in any Wildcat packages, according to a source.

Good for him.

The nice guy showed he no longer wanted to be a part of the Jets’ season-long ruse.

His star has fallen far and fast with the Jets. And not because he has underperformed, but rather because he has never been given a chance.

Tebow took his place on the sideline on Sunday to watch the underwhelming Greg McElroy get sacked 11 times in the Jets’ 27-17 loss to San Diego.

It should have been Tebow’s game to win or lose.

When Rex Ryan decided to activate all three quarterbacks without naming a backup for the game, Tebow became the NFL’s version of an innocent bystander.

Sanchez held the clipboard, charting plays tethered to offensive coordinator Tony Sparano’s side. Tebow spent most of the game stalking the sidelines with his hands in the warmer pouch hanging from his hips.

Ryan and Tebow strained credibility after the game, first the coach saying they had practiced all week using receiver Jeremy Kerley taking snaps out of the Wildcat because it added an element of surprise to the passing game. And then Tebow played good soldier, never mentioning that he had asked out, with his “team-first" comments.

“I was just trying to help the team any way I can," Tebow said.

How can he help the team standing on the sidelines?

“Try to be encouraging. Try to be a leader on the sidelines," Tebow said.

Jets fans should feel cheated. They’ve been hoodwinked again by an organization that has promised grandiose things and failed to deliver. And in the case of Tebow, they didn’t even try to deliver on those promises.

He was nothing more than a PSL patsy.

Those fans should be asking where they go to get their money back on this defective product that the Jets (6-9) have trotted out this season.

Tebow likely has figured out that the Jets are running a con game on everyone. He had to know that something wasn’t kosher when the Jets let him play with a rib injury, then used the same injury to bench him while McElroy leapfrogged him on the depth chart.

At least Sanchez has publicly voiced his dissatisfaction over being benched. Tebow wants to keep up the appearance of being a good solider, while behind the scenes he shows a backbone.

None of it mattered against the Chargers as the Jets offense was still mired in ineffectiveness. After watching Sanchez implode from a slew of turnovers, it seemed Ryan and Sparano sent McElroy into the Chargers game with a single mandate — hold on to the ball.

So McElroy took a beating for the cause. He had two turnovers along with those 11 sacks and was planted in the ground so much that you expect the QB to be sprouting from the MetLife turf in the spring.

Really, could Tebow have been any worse?

Fear has governed everything that the Jets have done with Tebow this season.

They were afraid of hurting Sanchez’s feelings by giving Tebow more snaps on offense. As the season unraveled they were afraid of putting him in a game and have him win it.

Then they would be stuck with him at quarterback like the Broncos last year. He led the Broncos to the playoffs last year, but Denver never believed he was suited for the position in the NFL – a passer’s league. The Jets didn’t believe he was the answer at QB either, even though they traded for him.

You could smell the fear coming from the Jets sidelines on Sunday.

What would have happened if Tebow had come into the game and led the Jets to a victory? They would have been obliged to let him start in Buffalo. Then what happens if he won there in the final, miserable game of the season?

The Jets don’t even want to think about that. The words you never heard Ryan utter about Tebow as a quarterback all season: He gives us the best chance to win.

He might have. But no one will ever know.

Even as their season slipped away, they never even wanted to see what Tebow could do under center.

It wasn’t a failed experiment, because the Jets never tried.

The Tim Tebow era with the Jets will officially come to a close next week in Buffalo. But Tebow pulled the plug on himself at MetLife Stadium on Sunday.

Wish he had stood up sooner and in public.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...7#ixzz2FyX6f3gV

Apparently refusing to be used when you aren't being used anyway is having a backbone. Tebow-fans will spin anything into a positive for this guy. I don't know why he employs PR people, half the media would turn a triple murder by Tebow into a holy-miracle.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#2 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

he should never had been brought in. his skill set if anything, was always complimentary to any team. to sell the idea that he can run a conventional offense in the pros is foolish. so why make him your no. 2 qb.?
he would do well on a team that is already loaded on offense as a change of pace option style play or plays.
the team would have an established qb who universally would be known as the starter by his play.
the jets never fit this mold.
sanchez stinks.
the offense was putrid.
sparano was never going to change his playbook to fit tebow as far as qb goes.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users