NYJetsFan.com Forums: And With The 9Th Pick Of The 2013 Nfl Draft, - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) well smoke a bowl then
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) I'm cool as a cucumber
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

And With The 9Th Pick Of The 2013 Nfl Draft,

#21 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

What depresses me is that now I will be rooting for guys my age and younger. Didn't really hit me until I looked up the bios for some of the guys you listed. I'm getting old :nea:

#22 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

I heard this draft is loaded in OL and LB talent, that true? We need to rebuild our LBs this offseason, along with rebuilding the offense. Thomas, Scott, and Pace are all gone. That is 3 starters that need to be replaced.
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

There are tons of 3-4 pass rushers in this draft...so many that I think the Jets should come away from this draft with 2 of them.

In my eyes, the following are 1st or 2nd round 34 OLD prospects:

- Damontre Moore
- Dion Jordan
- Ezekiel Ansah
- Jarvis Jones
- Corey Lemonier
- Anthony Barr
- Barkevious Mingo
- Sam Montgomery
- Tank Carradine
- Chase Thomas (probably 3rd rounder)

This list is in no particular order, and isn't reflective of whether I personally like these prospects...but that they likely will go in the first 2 rounds.
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

Would this scare you off with Sam Montgomery?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 31 December 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

Posted Image

OUCH! I would say cross Montgomery off the "draft list" till 6th round =)

on QB though...Alex Smith? Matt Flynn? They cant be asking for a ton... This is by FAR the weakest QB Draft class I've known.
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 31 December 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

Posted Image

"This list is in no particular order, and isn't reflective of whether I personally like these prospects...but that they likely will go in the first 2 rounds"
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

From wlaterfootball. 3 round mock

1) New York Jets: Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
All Jet fans want a quarterback right now, but the front office will have to give Mark Sanchez one more chance because it'll take a $17 million cap hit if it cuts him. Besides, they're so stubborn that they'll blame it on Sanchez not having weapons.

Well, this isn't exactly a weapon for Sanchez, but New York has to take the best player available this early. The Jets' inability to get to the quarterback needs to be fixed. Aaron Maybin was recently cut, while Calvin Pace has struggled for the most part.

2) New York Jets: Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
The Jets need to take a chance on a young quarterback because Mark Sanchez is awful. They have to give their fans some hope, or they may lose more supporters than just Fireman Ed.

3) New York Jets: Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
It's unclear who the Jets' starting quarterback will be next year, but whoever that will be needs a better right tackle than Austin Howard. Thanks in part to Howard, New York surrendered a ridiculous 11 sacks to the Chargers.

Not too shabby. adress TR, pass rusher and QB
We still need a WR
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 31 December 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

The Jets need to take a chance on a young quarterback because Mark Sanchez is awful. They have to give their fans some hope, or they may lose more supporters than just Fireman Ed.

No way he goes this high. He's come out of nowhere and had a good year for Syracuse but 9th in the 2nd round is about a round too high for him. Matt Barkley might be available in the top of the 2nd and Barkley is a much better QB.

#29 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

05, what do you think of the kid Lynch from Northern Illinois?

#30 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 31 December 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

From wlaterfootball. 3 round mock

1) New York Jets: Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
All Jet fans want a quarterback right now, but the front office will have to give Mark Sanchez one more chance because it'll take a $17 million cap hit if it cuts him. Besides, they're so stubborn that they'll blame it on Sanchez not having weapons.

Well, this isn't exactly a weapon for Sanchez, but New York has to take the best player available this early. The Jets' inability to get to the quarterback needs to be fixed. Aaron Maybin was recently cut, while Calvin Pace has struggled for the most part.

3) New York Jets: Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
It's unclear who the Jets' starting quarterback will be next year, but whoever that will be needs a better right tackle than Austin Howard. Thanks in part to Howard, New York surrendered a ridiculous 11 sacks to the Chargers.

Not too shabby. adress TR, pass rusher and QB
We still need a WR

The Five Stages of Supporting Stephen Hill

Denial---Check
Anger---Check
Bargaining---Check
Depression---Check
Acceptance---Check
Posted Image

#31 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

I actually think we're fine with the WRs we have now. Homes, Kerley, BE, Hill, Schillens & Gates. That's not terrible.

#32 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 31 December 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

The Five Stages of Supporting Stephen Hill

Denial---Check
Anger---Check
Bargaining---Check
Depression---Check
Acceptance---Check

WR isn't a big need. the biggest issue was we lost keller, and holmes for more then half the seaosn.

keller might be gone but holmes will be back and we have kerly, BE, hill, schillens and gates. WR won't be a big need. nto as much as QB, RT. and OLB are
Get it done MT
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users