NYJetsFan.com Forums: Keeping Ryan Worst Move Of 2012 - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:26 PM) nice to see a move finally, hopefully he can stay healthy and give us a spark
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:27 PM) put a spork in that salad
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:39 PM) Should have gotten desean Jackson this offsesson
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:43 PM) yup
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) wowsers
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) i'm still crying from last night
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) and on top of that the jets fuccked me again by getting harvin before he could play this week lol
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) stop your crying THERE'S NO CRYING AT NYJETSFAN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 08:12 AM) Jets are cutting David Nelson
jetfan4life12 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 09:15 AM) the probably could have had Santana Moss cheap. He has been healthy all season but inactive every week
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:06 AM) I'd prefer to keep him and cut Salas
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:36 AM) you would of thought david nelson would of been more of a redzone threat by this point. hes a big dude.
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:39 AM) real madrid shooting practice continues
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Keeping Ryan Worst Move Of 2012 Great read - Adam Schein

#1 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

http://m.nfl.com/new...t-move-of-2012/
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

How about the Jaguars keeping Mike Mularkey as HC and firing their GM? Mularkey went 2-14 with the Jaguars and sucked with the Bills.

Just realized that Adam Schein wrote that, no surprised he said that its stupid to fire a GM and keep the HC.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostThe Reverend, on 01 January 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

I happen to agree with Schein. But even if you don't think his points are valid, there is one inarguable point that he missed. By announcing to everyone that Ryan will be the coach next year he effectively eliminated all of the top GM's out there from having any interest in the Jets. Any decent GM would require their being able to hire their own coach. So now we have to go after a GM with no or limited experience or success.

It amazes me that successful people like Woody JOhnson, Jerry Jones, Jeffrey Lurie just don't get it.

What the Jets needed to do was clean house. New GM, new head coach, new offensive coordinator, new QB. For cap reasons Sanchez needs to stay on the Jets but as a back up only.

Then we dump both Smiths (Jason and Eric), Scott, Pace, and Tebow (didn't deserve the treatment he got). That knocks $32 million off the cap which we are over. Then try and resign free agents Landry, Bell, Devito, and Moore (assuming he comes cheap based on age and averageness). We say goodbye to Keller (too expensive to keep for the results), Greene and Thomas.

In the draft we go for a pass rusher (preferably a linebacker) in the first round, a tackle in round two and a guard and maybe another linebacker and safety in later rounds. Then spend some money on a QB like Matt Moore to get us through the year (if McElroy fails).

Nothing will make us a power next year but that would be a start.

#4 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Keeping Rex period is stupid as f***

#5 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Keeping Rex as coach carries over some continuity. Rex is on a hot seat going into next season. If a GM is given full control, why would he not come here? Keep Rex and Sanchez for another year and try to acquire maximum talent. If they do not perform a massive turnaround, GM gets to fire both and start off fresh. Why bring in a new coach and keep Sanchez? Those two are a combined package. I think it's a smart move. Gives the new GM a freebie year to do what he wants. I like the move.

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

I think the only reason Rex is here is because Woody doesn't want to eat his contract. He'll be gone next season.

#7 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Doesn't he know that Rex isn't involved in anything negative about the team (just like a good leader)?

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

View Postchocomag, on 01 January 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

It amazes me that successful people like Woody JOhnson, Jerry Jones, Jeffrey Lurie just don't get it.

It's amazes me how people always think they know more than people who do this for a living. Do you really think you know more than them? Really? My guess is they get it much more than any of us.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Rex would be hired tomorrow if he were fired by us and we would look back on this as a bad call. The NFL and Jets know what he brings to the table. This article is just media BS. Keeping him does not reduce any chance of hiring any GM.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 01 January 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

It's amazes me how people always think they know more than people who do this for a living. Do you really think you know more than them? Really? My guess is they get it much more than any of us.

Woody Johnson is not like the others. He was born into his billions and after reading a piece of Bob Kraft's autobiography, I can safely say that NE will dominate us for a long while.

#11 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 01 January 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Woody Johnson is not like the others. He was born into his billions and after reading a piece of Bob Kraft's autobiography, I can safely say that NE will dominate us for a long while.

Robert Kraft was not? Thats funny. I bet we all have more Kraft products than J&J in out house right now. I am glad you read a book made to sell, and now have a clear view on our future though. If not for Mo Lewis The Pats would not be the team they have been.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 01 January 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

Should we copy and paste this next time you question the team? You think the team doesn't have talent, but the team brought them in, so you must be wrong and actually the Jets are awesome.

Also, we'll copy and paste your prediction that a fired Ryan is rehired immediately next season after we suck again and he gets fired.

#13 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 01 January 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

Should we copy and paste this next time you question the team? You think the team doesn't have talent, but the team brought them in, so you must be wrong and actually the Jets are awesome.

Also, we'll copy and paste your prediction that a fired Ryan is rehired immediately next season after we suck again and he gets fired.

I am talking right now so your next year is not relavent. The team not having talent on O is factual. That is as clear as it gets. If you cant see that your ot looking. Our lack of depth at key positions has been silly. Comments where people try to say that they know more than the people who do this for a living is just stupidity at its finest. No one is perfect but that kind of comment is 100% untrue. But yes copy and paste all you like.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 01 January 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

I am talking right now so your next year is not relavent. The team not having talent on O is factual. That is as clear as it gets. If you cant see that your ot looking. Our lack of depth at key positions has been silly. Comments where people try to say that they know more than the people who do this for a living is just stupidity at its finest. No one is perfect but that kind of comment is 100% untrue. But yes copy and paste all you like.

I just like the "they know more than you" argument you put out there because it suited your argument. If they know more than choco, they probably know more than you, so why do you get to question their moves but not him?

#15 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 01 January 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

I just like the "they know more than you" argument you put out there because it suited your argument. If they know more than choco, they probably know more than you, so why do you get to question their moves but not him?

Wow! you missed the whole point huh? He said

So he is saying they dont understand there job and he does. He is not questioning any particular issue. As I have said many times they know more than anyone on this board about what they are doing and I am part of this board. So your point is invalid
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Battery is dying See you tomorrow
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 01 January 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

Robert Kraft was not? Thats funny. I bet we all have more Kraft products than J&J in out house right now. I am glad you read a book made to sell, and now have a clear view on our future though. If not for Mo Lewis The Pats would not be the team they have been.

Read the part about the decision making process that Kraft put into hiring BB. It's amazing. He had the vision, foresight and patience. Really earned my respect.

Yes, Mo Lewis knocked out Bledsoe. How come when the Testaverde ripped his achilles or Penny broke his everything we didn't have a HOFer waiting in the wings? Luck, right?

#18 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

This article is bull$hit. I'm not even going to waste my time reading it. Anyone saying that Rex Ryan deserves to be fired is an idiot & obviously hasn't been a Jets fan for very long.

You have to go back to the days of the fvcking AFL to see the last time any coach other than Rex Ryan has taken the Jets to one game away from the Championship. You guys seriously think having ONE losing season is reason to be fired? Wow. Woody Johnson forced Tim Teblow down his throat to sell PSL's & merchandise & we ended up with the first losing season under Rex.

Who would you prefer be the coach? The bum Bill Parcells that couldn't do what Rex did? He took us to the AFC Championship only once & then pus$ied out & left. Bill Cowher? 14 seasons & only 1 visit to the promise land on the backs of Jerome Bettis & Dick Lebeau. Chucky? Who? If you can't name someone better, be happy that we actually have someone that brought a sense of pride back into the damn team.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users