NYJetsFan.com Forums: Keeping Ryan Worst Move Of 2012 - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) we did give up a 18 point lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) so we fucked up and lost
bleedsgreen Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) True
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) time to get ready for MNF
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) Well it sucks when you start to feel the jets are going to lose the game them selves
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) the Vick play worthless
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) that run on 3rd and 5 worthless
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) chris Johnson also I don't know what his numbers were but ivory seemed to be a better back
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:13 PM) Marty just picks the worse time to call those wildcat plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:13 PM) they are drive killers
ROBJETS Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:27 PM) Problem is the corners. We knew this before the start of the season. I was amazed at how well they did last week and the first half but eventually the weakness showed
ROBJETS Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:28 PM) The corner positions will be addressed next year. Technically we are still in a rebuilding phase.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:39 PM) we did go toe to toe against a SB contender and we really shouldn't be heartbroken but if you call yourself a JETS fan and aren't a little pissed over a W that we had in our control then you need to go and hand in your JETS gear ... I'm looking at you 115
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:24 PM) 18 penalties in 2 games
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:25 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) NFL rules state that only the head coach can call a timeout on the sidelines…

Except in Green Bay where anybody up to the third row can call a timeout.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) I love NFL memes
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 September 2014 - 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:05 PM) SPIDER Y 2 BANANA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:44 PM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:54 PM) Eagles need to START SANCHEZ abandon the foles ship
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 AM) Good morning
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) The title race is REAL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) Liverpool wtf pk minute 90
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) 05 probably doing an air guitar
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) How was milber?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:25 PM) Milber for prez
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:57 AM) santana you've ruined this site
santana Icon : (Today, 12:01 PM) Cool you should share your thoughts in a post
santana Icon : (Today, 12:02 PM) Round up the guys and be like hey we hate this guy so what can we do to fix what's broken
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:05 PM) meh no thanks, everyone else is fine. i just hop on every now and then
santana Icon : (Today, 12:07 PM) Enjoy your stay then
santana Icon : (Today, 12:09 PM) Seems like the jets could be without decker for a while
santana Icon : (Today, 02:03 PM) UEFA TIME
santana Icon : (Today, 02:03 PM) Mawae 2015 Hof for sure
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:35 PM) Jeromeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jetsrule1006 Icon : (Today, 07:50 PM) The real question is why isn't #68 jersey retired
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Keeping Ryan Worst Move Of 2012 Great read - Adam Schein

#1 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

http://m.nfl.com/new...t-move-of-2012/
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

How about the Jaguars keeping Mike Mularkey as HC and firing their GM? Mularkey went 2-14 with the Jaguars and sucked with the Bills.

Just realized that Adam Schein wrote that, no surprised he said that its stupid to fire a GM and keep the HC.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostThe Reverend, on 01 January 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

I happen to agree with Schein. But even if you don't think his points are valid, there is one inarguable point that he missed. By announcing to everyone that Ryan will be the coach next year he effectively eliminated all of the top GM's out there from having any interest in the Jets. Any decent GM would require their being able to hire their own coach. So now we have to go after a GM with no or limited experience or success.

It amazes me that successful people like Woody JOhnson, Jerry Jones, Jeffrey Lurie just don't get it.

What the Jets needed to do was clean house. New GM, new head coach, new offensive coordinator, new QB. For cap reasons Sanchez needs to stay on the Jets but as a back up only.

Then we dump both Smiths (Jason and Eric), Scott, Pace, and Tebow (didn't deserve the treatment he got). That knocks $32 million off the cap which we are over. Then try and resign free agents Landry, Bell, Devito, and Moore (assuming he comes cheap based on age and averageness). We say goodbye to Keller (too expensive to keep for the results), Greene and Thomas.

In the draft we go for a pass rusher (preferably a linebacker) in the first round, a tackle in round two and a guard and maybe another linebacker and safety in later rounds. Then spend some money on a QB like Matt Moore to get us through the year (if McElroy fails).

Nothing will make us a power next year but that would be a start.

#4 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Keeping Rex period is stupid as f***

#5 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Keeping Rex as coach carries over some continuity. Rex is on a hot seat going into next season. If a GM is given full control, why would he not come here? Keep Rex and Sanchez for another year and try to acquire maximum talent. If they do not perform a massive turnaround, GM gets to fire both and start off fresh. Why bring in a new coach and keep Sanchez? Those two are a combined package. I think it's a smart move. Gives the new GM a freebie year to do what he wants. I like the move.

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

I think the only reason Rex is here is because Woody doesn't want to eat his contract. He'll be gone next season.

#7 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Doesn't he know that Rex isn't involved in anything negative about the team (just like a good leader)?

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

View Postchocomag, on 01 January 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

It amazes me that successful people like Woody JOhnson, Jerry Jones, Jeffrey Lurie just don't get it.

It's amazes me how people always think they know more than people who do this for a living. Do you really think you know more than them? Really? My guess is they get it much more than any of us.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Rex would be hired tomorrow if he were fired by us and we would look back on this as a bad call. The NFL and Jets know what he brings to the table. This article is just media BS. Keeping him does not reduce any chance of hiring any GM.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 01 January 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

It's amazes me how people always think they know more than people who do this for a living. Do you really think you know more than them? Really? My guess is they get it much more than any of us.

Woody Johnson is not like the others. He was born into his billions and after reading a piece of Bob Kraft's autobiography, I can safely say that NE will dominate us for a long while.

#11 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 01 January 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Woody Johnson is not like the others. He was born into his billions and after reading a piece of Bob Kraft's autobiography, I can safely say that NE will dominate us for a long while.

Robert Kraft was not? Thats funny. I bet we all have more Kraft products than J&J in out house right now. I am glad you read a book made to sell, and now have a clear view on our future though. If not for Mo Lewis The Pats would not be the team they have been.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 01 January 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

Should we copy and paste this next time you question the team? You think the team doesn't have talent, but the team brought them in, so you must be wrong and actually the Jets are awesome.

Also, we'll copy and paste your prediction that a fired Ryan is rehired immediately next season after we suck again and he gets fired.

#13 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 01 January 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

Should we copy and paste this next time you question the team? You think the team doesn't have talent, but the team brought them in, so you must be wrong and actually the Jets are awesome.

Also, we'll copy and paste your prediction that a fired Ryan is rehired immediately next season after we suck again and he gets fired.

I am talking right now so your next year is not relavent. The team not having talent on O is factual. That is as clear as it gets. If you cant see that your ot looking. Our lack of depth at key positions has been silly. Comments where people try to say that they know more than the people who do this for a living is just stupidity at its finest. No one is perfect but that kind of comment is 100% untrue. But yes copy and paste all you like.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 01 January 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

I am talking right now so your next year is not relavent. The team not having talent on O is factual. That is as clear as it gets. If you cant see that your ot looking. Our lack of depth at key positions has been silly. Comments where people try to say that they know more than the people who do this for a living is just stupidity at its finest. No one is perfect but that kind of comment is 100% untrue. But yes copy and paste all you like.

I just like the "they know more than you" argument you put out there because it suited your argument. If they know more than choco, they probably know more than you, so why do you get to question their moves but not him?

#15 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 01 January 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

I just like the "they know more than you" argument you put out there because it suited your argument. If they know more than choco, they probably know more than you, so why do you get to question their moves but not him?

Wow! you missed the whole point huh? He said

So he is saying they dont understand there job and he does. He is not questioning any particular issue. As I have said many times they know more than anyone on this board about what they are doing and I am part of this board. So your point is invalid
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Battery is dying See you tomorrow
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 01 January 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

Robert Kraft was not? Thats funny. I bet we all have more Kraft products than J&J in out house right now. I am glad you read a book made to sell, and now have a clear view on our future though. If not for Mo Lewis The Pats would not be the team they have been.

Read the part about the decision making process that Kraft put into hiring BB. It's amazing. He had the vision, foresight and patience. Really earned my respect.

Yes, Mo Lewis knocked out Bledsoe. How come when the Testaverde ripped his achilles or Penny broke his everything we didn't have a HOFer waiting in the wings? Luck, right?

#18 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

This article is bull$hit. I'm not even going to waste my time reading it. Anyone saying that Rex Ryan deserves to be fired is an idiot & obviously hasn't been a Jets fan for very long.

You have to go back to the days of the fvcking AFL to see the last time any coach other than Rex Ryan has taken the Jets to one game away from the Championship. You guys seriously think having ONE losing season is reason to be fired? Wow. Woody Johnson forced Tim Teblow down his throat to sell PSL's & merchandise & we ended up with the first losing season under Rex.

Who would you prefer be the coach? The bum Bill Parcells that couldn't do what Rex did? He took us to the AFC Championship only once & then pus$ied out & left. Bill Cowher? 14 seasons & only 1 visit to the promise land on the backs of Jerome Bettis & Dick Lebeau. Chucky? Who? If you can't name someone better, be happy that we actually have someone that brought a sense of pride back into the damn team.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users