NYJetsFan.com Forums: Media Mad Over Jets Silence - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:11 PM) offesnive tehhhh
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Media Mad Over Jets Silence Manish and Cimini complaining

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Twitter has their remarks but there is what Cimini blogged this morning:

Silence of the lambs

The Jets still aren't talking.

Neither Rex Ryan nor owner Woody Johnson will address the media Wednesday, according to a team spokesman. No reason was given.

Ryan hasn't addressed the media since Sunday's loss in Buffalo and Johnson has talked publicly since the team was 3-6. Johnson released a five-paragraph statement Monday morning, firing GM Mike Tannenbaum and retaining Ryan.

Clearly, something fishy is going on.

If Ryan doesn't speak by Friday, the Jets will be in violation of the league's media policy. The policy, created in conjunction with the Pro Football Writers of America, states that the head coach and a team official (owner, GM, president, etc.) must be made available to the media during the week after the season ends.

What's going on at One Jets Drive? Two possibilities: Management is muzzling Ryan until a new GM is hired or Ryan is so ticked off at the current situation (Tannenbaum fired, Tony Sparano status, etc.) that he refuses to speak.

What, you thought the circus would end when the games stopped?

http://espn.go.com/b..._medium=twitter

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Manish's remarks on Twitter:

@MMehtaNYDN Jets are a well-oiled machine: Coach & owner have yet to talk about firing a man who worked for team for 15 yrs or reportedly fired OC #nyj

@MMehtaNYDN Rex Ryan's silence isn't linked to his future with Jets, I'm told. He's under the impression he will remain #NYJ head coach regardless of GM

@MMehtaNYDN Rex Ryan is as responsible for Jets' failures as Tannenbaum. But Rex cleverly distanced himself from mistakes. Column: http://nydn.us/U7DTb4

@MMehtaNYDN Rex Ryan is as responsible for Jets' failures as Tannenbaum. But Rex cleverly distanced himself from mistakes. Column: http://nydn.us/U7DTb4

@MMehtaNYDN Make no mistake: Rex Ryan does not want Tony Sparano back as the offensive coordinator. Of course, he hand-picked TS a year ago. #nyj

#3 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

I can't stand these 2, I wish they would get lost and we can get some professional journalist. The good ones always leave us, like Jenny Vrentas.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

when they talk, it's a circus but when they're silent it's an issue too...GTFO with this nonsense

Besides, when Manish tweets about issues that are supposed to be off the record why does he expect the team to talk to him?
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

I never thought I'd see the day the media complained Rex isn't talking enough
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#6 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

The Jets announced that they will have their season ending news conference on Tuesday.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

@MMehtaNYDN
Jets are, in fact, in violation of NFL media policy re: head coach availability after season, per document sent to me by Greg Aiello #nyj]

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Jets will have a presser on January 8th. They're now on violation of league rules. They should of come out and say something to the fans. Forget the media. the FANS. Rex is shooked. Maybe he's feeling are hurt over Tanny being gone. Sparanno is still here. Its going to be slim when its time to pick a staff. Waiting on thier asses and let the whoever the future GM job's harder. Hoping Rex resigned on Tuesday. We're The ass of the league as usual.

#9 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 02 January 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Jets will have a presser on January 8th. They're now on violation of league rules. They should of come out and say something to the fans. Forget the media. the FANS. Rex is shooked. Maybe he's feeling are hurt over Tanny being gone. Sparanno is still here. Its going to be slim when it its time to pick a staff. Waiting on thier asses and let the whoever the future GM job's harder. Hoping Rex resigned on Tuesday. We're The ass of the league as usual.

Its most likely not Rex's call, he was probably told by the Jets PR to get away for a while. The Jets have a firm conducting a GM search right now, they may have even told the Jets to shut up while they conduct this search. From all indications, Rex's job is safe and this has nothing to do with him possibly being fired.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

LMAO they were all crying on the radio this morning. Francesa said "Hopefully they can get their story straight by next Wednesday".

#11 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

I wish Manish Mehta would be silent for a week.

Who gives a shit?
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#12 User is offline   TheGreenCoachesClub Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 02 January 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

when they talk, it's a circus but when they're silent it's an issue too...GTFO with this nonsense

Besides, when Manish tweets about issues that are supposed to be off the record why does he expect the team to talk to him?

That's exactly right. When you tweet and report things that were supposed to be confidential, unless you *fabricated sources and quotes, manish*, you should expect to NEVER be given a scoop again

#13 User is offline   wichitacommish Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:My Kids.
    The Jets.
    Fantasy Football.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Analogy - Sewer rats waiting for someone to flush. :trink36:

#14 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

stability begins in quietly doing your business. silence is golden and this new jet approach should have been this way from the get go. you have the jets picking 9th in the draft yet those organizations have yet to be stigmatized the way the jets have. when you win rex's mouth is tolerable, but when you lose rex's bravado hurts the team and people turn on you.

rex has been forced to tone it down due to the last 2yrs. of mediocrity. jet fans should hope that woody, rex and the jets now keep this demeanor and just handle business. the media can go to hell, as you can see that the jets are damned if they do or damned if they don't.

#15 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

View Postjet-man, on 03 January 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

stability begins in quietly doing your business. silence is golden and this new jet approach should have been this way from the get go. you have the jets picking 9th in the draft yet those organizations have yet to be stigmatized the way the jets have. when you win rex's mouth is tolerable, but when you lose rex's bravado hurts the team and people turn on you.

rex has been forced to tone it down due to the last 2yrs. of mediocrity. jet fans should hope that woody, rex and the jets now keep this demeanor and just handle business. the media can go to hell, as you can see that the jets are damned if they do or damned if they don't.

Agreed, and hopefully this is the start of a more professional and serious image being presented in public. Rex's brash persona is fine at times, but there are limits and situations - such as when your team is in the midst of an ugly season - when saying little is better than providing easy back page leads for journalists. Let them have to work for the story.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users