NYJetsFan.com Forums: Teams In The Playoffs - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Teams In The Playoffs Take our minds off the drama right now

#1 User is offline   greenandwhite4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Sports, specifically football. Would love to be an analyst on ESPN after I'm done with college, and also movies and drama tv like Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sopranos,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

First off, let me say I am a current sophomore at Marist college and I am trying to become a sports analyst sometime soon, so I felt it was time to go on a forum site to start voicing my opinions on the team and also of the NFL. I personally love the look of this site, especially the chatroom/shoutbox, and it seems like most of the people on here are knowledgable of the game. With that I can't wait to start contributing with posts and polls as well, and I also would love feedback on my opinions as well.

Anyways of course the Jets are a complete mess at this point, and it doesn't need to be said how much the organization is in shambles right now, so time to change the topic. I want to know who is rooting for who in the playoffs this year. With the story about Ray Lewis retiring yesterday, the scenarios for this weekend's games can't get that much better.

Personally I'm for Denver, Minnesota, and Baltimore. Would love to hear other people's opinions on who their teams are and why.

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hey welcome,

Minny should go far they just need zero turn overs. Strong D and that run game should help them beat up on some teams.

Also denver with that defense and manning beating up on teams they should probably make it to the afc champ game.

I'm hoping for another pats manning show down. It will probably be the last of an era.
Playoffs are so awesome
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Welcome...this is one of the best boards. Enough people to keep it active, but not too many that you can't keep up with all the posts...your voice won't get lost here in a pile of meaningless posts.

I'm interested in Seattle, Indy, and Denver.

I love Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck, and want to see them succeed. I also find it interesting how Pete Carroll can flame out with the Jets and Pats and now be successful with the Seahawks...interesting when someone actually does learn from past failures.

And Denver, of course, Peyton Manning...I want him to put the exclamation point on him being the greatest QB of all time.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Denver might have enough, but I don't trust teams that are on this long of streaks to do well in the playoffs. Seattle has the right heat, but they aren't nearly as good on the road and I think if they go into GB they'll get roasted for what happened before. I also don't see Minn beating GB for a third time with their offense. I think Rodgers and Ryan will control the games they are in and GB is going to the SB.

In the AFC I think the Bengals and Ravens are hugely flawed teams, but at least the Bengals are at least hot. Flacco sucks and so I see them being out first round. I could see Denver getting to the SB, but really I think NE is going to beat anyone they face in the AFC and those are the only two teams that look Championship worthy on that side.

So I'm going GB vs NE in the SB and NE getting another championship.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#5 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

anyone but the pats. i have to live up here in ne and here how they overate their team which is only good because of t. brady scoring 50 pts. a week.
stop brady you stop ne.
also belichick hates to lose, so it would be nice to see him sqirm again in the playoffs.

#6 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

View Postjet-man, on 03 January 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

anyone but the pats. i have to live up here in ne and here how they overate their team which is only good because of t. brady scoring 50 pts. a week.
stop brady you stop ne.
also belichick hates to lose, so it would be nice to see him sqirm again in the playoffs.

Agreed. 100 times agreed.

I'm pulling for Manning again. I love watching him play and like him much more than Brady.

#7 User is offline   Hey Coach Icon

• 2008 Best Avatar Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

im pulling for the ravens and atlanta. i live with the chowds and would really hate to see the pasts in another
superbowl...

#8 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Welcome to the site!

I'm really only going to be anti-Pats in the playoffs, and hope every game is a good one. With that said, I would love to see Peyton put a cap on his career.

Also, if the Broncos make the Super Bowl and face any of the NFC division winners it will be a rematch of a previous Super Bowl.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   greenandwhite4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:Sports, specifically football. Would love to be an analyst on ESPN after I'm done with college, and also movies and drama tv like Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sopranos,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Lol i hear ya all on that. Would love seeing a Pats loss and not seeing them in the big game again. And thanks for the love too, should be fun posting stuff for the site.

#10 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

I tend to root for history when it comes to the league. Pats/Broncos is the matchup i'm looking forward to most. I see the Pats again winning in a great game and making it to the superbowl again. NFC- I'll be pulling for Seattle, I went to the Jet/Seahhawk game in november and overall really like the city. R. wilson is a class act. Wouldnt mind seeing Kaepernick play well either.

My prediction: New England vs Green Bay

#11 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Has there ever been a playoff field with so many inexperienced quarterbacks in it? You've got three rookies - Luck, Wilson and Griffin III and three starters who are in their second year (Ponder, Dalton and Kaepernick). That's half the teams who qualified for the postseason with a signal-caller 25 years old and younger.

I'd say the Bengals and Seahawks are most capable of springing a surprise, the former because they face a Texans team that has been out of sorts in recent weeks and the latter because of their defensive strength as well as Wilson's smarts.

Even though the NFC was the stronger conference this year, I think the Super Bowl winner will come from the AFC with the Broncos edging Green Bay.

My picks for this weekend would be: Cincinnati, Seattle, Green Bay and Baltimore.

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

I have a feeling it will be the Patriots/Packers in the SB... AFC lack parity, it will be either Manning or Brady in the SB IMO, if its someone different I will be relieved and excited to see someone else representing the AFC for once.

I wouldn't mind seeing Manning beat Brady though, win the SB and show how hes better than Brady as he wins a SB with 2 different teams.

The Ravens probably beat the Colts, but won't get past the 2nd round.

The Texans have been falling off lately, but I think they beat the Bengals.

I think the Seahawks will beat the Redskins, they are set up a lot like we were in 2009, except that Russell Wilson is actually good while Sanchez sucks. Great defense, great run game, great rookie QB. I think they are a contender.

The Falcons will go 1 and done again, or lose in the championship game, played weak schedule.

The Packers are going to beat the Vikings.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users