NYJetsFan.com Forums: Ryan Took A Vacation! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) 27 and the all time leading goal scorer in european cup and la liga history... crazy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) raul ny cosmos hype is real!!... crazy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) I want nasri to bite neuer
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Agueroooooooo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Xabi at faulttttt
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:30 PM) SPEEEEED
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) KUUUUUNNNNN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) I like zabaleta a lot but hes such a dope haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) what a f***ing player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) unbelievable
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) Yeah
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) its decided city should be renamed to Aguero and friends
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) haha yeah zaba looks like a player who should of played 15 years ago when tackles like that were deemed good
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) jeez
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) mistakes by boateng and xabi
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) bayern exhausted from working with 10 men
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) aguero the long con
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) aguero isnt exhausted though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) OP as fuck
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Pep will be fuming
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) no more fun practices for bayern
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) carrying team mates around and skipping
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) all eyes on tomorrow. Liverpool don't get a result and Rodgers seat is on fire
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) what
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) I thought I just read that liverpool is sticking with him
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) they will, atleast until january... but if we do not get a result tomorrow, it'll go down hill even faster
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) he won't survive the season if he doesnt figure it out
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:42 PM) moyes to liverpool confirmed!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) What's our wish list for HC next year?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:37 PM) BILL LAZOR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) Why?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:09 PM) he worked with chip kelly and vick on the eagles. and has a cool name
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:41 PM) Eh
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:37 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Ryan Took A Vacation!

#1 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

My link

With the New York Jets organization preparing to begin interviews with general manager candidates, and with his coaching staff in limbo, Rex Ryan is on vacation in the Bahamas, sources confirmed Wednesday night.Ryan and the assistant coaches have the week off, so he decided to take a few days off as the team starts the process of choosing his new boss.

Ryan and owner Woody Johnson have come under fire for not being available to discuss the Jets' disappointing season and the firing of general manager Mike Tannenbaum. Finally, the team announced Wednesday that Ryan and Johnson will conduct a "season ending" news conference -- nine days after the season ended.

By waiting that long, the Jets will be in violation of the league's media policy, which states that the coach and a team official must conduct a news conference during the week after the season ends. The NFL will look into the matter, a league spokesman said.

Johnson also has been out of town. He skipped the season finale in Buffalo, returned Monday to fire Tannenbaum and meet with the entire organization and left again to an undisclosed location. Johnson, who has remained in touch with team officials, will be back in time to participate in the GM interviews, which begin Friday and will run through the weekend.

There is virtually no chance the Jets will hire a new GM by next Tuesday's news conference.

Ryan and Johnson could've taken care of their media obligation immediately after the season without creating a firestorm. Instead, the team released a five-paragraph statement from Johnson, with no comment from Ryan, one of the most media-friendly coaches in the league.

Even though Johnson indicated in a statement Monday that Ryan will be back as coach, the delay has fueled speculation about his future. Ryan told the team Monday morning he will be back and, according to sources, he gave no indication during his Monday staff meeting that he's plotting an exit strategy.

Another source described Ryan as "anxious" because of the uncertainty surrounding the organization. Even though he received a public vote of confidence from Johnson, albeit in a press release, Ryan has concerns because he won't have any input in the GM interviews, sources said. Ryan could end up working for a stranger, knowing he will be in make-or-break situation next year.

"Everyone is in limbo," one source said.

Ryan is supposed to have control over the coaching staff, but he told his staff his hands are tied until they hire a new GM, one source said -- an indication that Ryan's power over his staff is frozen during the transition.

That doesn't help embattled offensive coordinator Tony Sparano. ESPN reported Sunday that Sparano will be fired, but the Associated Press reported Wednesday no decision has been made on Sparano's status. Sources said Ryan wants to bring in a new coordinator, and former San Diego Chargers coach Norv Turner is said to be on his short list.

Chances are the organization wants the new GM to have the ability to sign off on hirings and firings.

The Professional Football Writers of America, citing the media policy violation, lodged a complaint with the league on Wednesday.

"We have been assured the league is looking into it," PFWA president Mark Gaughan of the Buffalo News said. "We'll await word from the NFL."

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Yeah so what...
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

So he's not playing a role in the GM selection, shouldn't that make you happy?

#4 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Well part os his job is the post-season press conference so I think he should probably have done that before he left the country but I don't know how everyone feels about bosses taken vacations.

#5 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

That could be Woody's decision to cancel. What's he suppose to do then? All the coaches were told to take time off. Either way, I think Jets want a new GM in place by Tuesday. Maybe Rex's situation might not be so set in stone.

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

The PFWA was satisfied with the reasoning behind the Jets not holding their presser until Tuesday, really a non-issue.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

like i said in other posts, to hell with the media. they make up stuff with no accountability, but they want teams and coaches to be accountable to them.
ryan needs a vacation. how would anyone here like to be displayed as a clown when there were more dynamics in play than just rex.

#8 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

View Postjet-man, on 03 January 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

like i said in other posts, to hell with the media. they make up stuff with no accountability, but they want teams and coaches to be accountable to them.
ryan needs a vacation. how would anyone here like to be displayed as a clown when there were more dynamics in play than just rex.

You can say go to hell to them, but the players and owners and coaches and franchises wouldn't make millions without them. The NFL makes a lot more with attention than without. I hate the media, but if I got paid several million dollars a year and part of what I was supposed to do was talk to them, I wouldn't complain because I would have several million dollars.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users