NYJetsFan.com Forums: Potential Free Agents For Jets Holes - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:24 AM) Rex is chirping again.
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:26 AM) He said he is going to try and kick the Shit out of the Jets
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:26 AM) http://sports.yahoo....l8xBHNlYwNzcg--
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:26 AM) I still like the guy. He's entertaining
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 01:25 PM) i miss rex. love his demeanor
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 01:26 PM) i'd be happy if he kicks the shit out of miami and NE every year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:56 PM) I
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:56 PM) I'm excited for the new coaching staff
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:56 PM) Rex wsa fun, but he was too much with the defense instead of the entire football team
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:57 PM) also he didn't always hold players accountable. I think Bowles will make the team more disciplined.
santana Icon : (17 April 2015 - 02:50 AM) I don't have any faith in bowles
azjetfan Icon : (17 April 2015 - 08:15 AM) “San Diego Chargers will ultimately make a deal with the Tennessee Titans for the number two overall pick. As part of that trade, the Chargers will send the number 17 overall pick and Philip Rivers, just as a start, for the number two pick.”
azjetfan Icon : (17 April 2015 - 08:15 AM) Damn... Who called it? This guy.
azjetfan Icon : (17 April 2015 - 08:16 AM) http://national.sunt...s-mariota-trade
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 April 2015 - 10:13 AM) So we would now lose out on maroita and rivers
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 April 2015 - 10:13 AM) Ain't that super
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 April 2015 - 01:39 PM) do we make a trade for AP?
santana Icon : (17 April 2015 - 02:41 PM) I believe the rivers stuff is all speculation
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 April 2015 - 03:38 PM) So a top ten qb and the 17th pick for the 2nd overall as a start? Makes sense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 April 2015 - 03:39 PM) So Many smokescreens this time of year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 April 2015 - 04:08 PM) only 2 more weeks before we find out. draft day will be exciting
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 April 2015 - 04:09 PM) my money is we'll take a pass rushing OLB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 April 2015 - 08:08 PM) Yup, unless they trade up.
azjetfan Icon : (18 April 2015 - 07:36 PM) Just spent two w
azjetfan Icon : (18 April 2015 - 07:36 PM) hours in a fitting booth for my new irons.
azjetfan Icon : (18 April 2015 - 07:37 PM) going with Ping G25
azjetfan Icon : (18 April 2015 - 07:37 PM) 4-pw
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 AM) Nice
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:38 AM) My mizunos are still in Va I need to fly them down. Tired of borrowing clubs
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 AM) I tried the Mizunos
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 AM) they didn't have the spin like the pings.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:51 AM) I did hit the further though
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:27 AM) Rex putting a hit out on Jace Amaro
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:49 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:31 PM) Eagles sign Tebow to a 1 year deal
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:31 PM) what in the world chip kelly
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) Sanchez must be banging his head against the wall screaming NOT AGAIN NOT AGAIN
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) Chip Kelly is a assclown for making such weird boneheaded decisions
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) Iggles in 2015 0-16 write it down
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Well I doubt tebow makes the roster
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:17 PM) THE TEBOW!!!!!
bleedsgreen Icon : (Today, 09:03 AM) Tim Tebow leave Sanchez Alone!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 10:48 AM) Rex was talking shit about Amaro saying they lacked accountability last season, now Colon has come out saying the same thing
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 10:48 AM) Todd Bowles is emphasizing accountability with the team
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:53 PM) Regular season schedule comes out tomorrow night! All I can say is WOOOOOOOOOOO
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Potential Free Agents For Jets Holes

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,155
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

http://bleacherrepor...e-new-york-jets

I know this is a Bleacher Report article but here are the names that were mentioned (including re-signings):

Quarterback: Matt Moore
Running Back: Chris Ivory
Wide Receiver: Braylon Edwards
Tight End: Ed Dickson
Offensive Tackle: Austin Howard
Offensive Guard: Brandon Moore
Defensive Tackle: Mike DeVito
Outside Linebacker: Connor Barwin
Outside Linebacker: Manny Lawson
Safety: Yeremiah Bell
Kicker: Nick Folk
0

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

I like the Matt Moore idea...great guy to hold the fort while the Jets hopefully find a long term solution
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,750
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 08 January 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

I like the Matt Moore idea...great guy to hold the fort while the Jets hopefully find a long term solution


No thanks on moore. h's terible. i'd rather save money and go with mcelroy.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,275
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 08 January 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

No thanks on moore. h's terible. i'd rather save money and go with mcelroy.


Considering McElroy looked like a deer in headlights against Chargers, I'd take Moore every day of the week over him. I'd much prefer a solid, experienced veteran who has shown he can do well when called upon than somebody who has yet to do that even if he perhaps hasn't had the opportunities to do so.

Moore's record as a starter with the Fins in 2011 was 6-6 (they had started the season 0-4); he may have started slowly but was pretty impressive down the stretch, finishing with 16 TDs to 9 INTs, four of those nine coming in games against the Jets. His previous starting experience with Carolina was decent too - 4-1 record from 5 starts in '09 taking them from 4-7 to 8-8 and he threw 8 TDs to 2 INTs, and it wasn't as if the Panthers were run heavy as he averaged 25 attempts a game.
0

#5 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 195
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 08 January 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Considering McElroy looked like a deer in headlights against Chargers, I'd take Moore every day of the week over him. I'd much prefer a solid, experienced veteran who has shown he can do well when called upon than somebody who has yet to do that even if he perhaps hasn't had the opportunities to do so yet.

Moore's record as a starter with the Fins in 2011 was 6-6 (they had started the season 0-4); he may have started slowly but was pretty impressive down the stretch, finishing with 16 TDs to 9 INTs, four of those nine coming in games against the Jets. His previous starting experience with Carolina was decent too - 4-1 record from 5 starts in '09 taking them from 4-7 to 8-8 and he threw 8 TDs to 2 INTs, and it wasn't as if the Panthers were run heavy as he averaged 25 attempts a game.

Wow - I can't imagine why a kid who has virtually never played in the NFL should look like a veteran against a team that sacked him 11 times!!! If they don't give McElroy a shot then what is so bad about Moore? Do you think Sanchez can do the job? Do you want another season with him as the starter in our new attack offense where the QB puts the team on his shoulders. That thought makes me nauceous.
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,112
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

I would love to get Connor Barwin, coming off of a 3 sack season but has 10+ sack ability.
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,275
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

View Postchocomag, on 08 January 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

Wow - I can't imagine why a kid who has virtually never played in the NFL should look like a veteran against a team that sacked him 11 times!!! If they don't give McElroy a shot then what is so bad about Moore? Do you think Sanchez can do the job? Do you want another season with him as the starter in our new attack offense where the QB puts the team on his shoulders. That thought makes me nauceous.


I'd be happy to bring in Matt Moore and let him have the chance to earn the starting job, that was my point. Obviously McElroy's inexperience didn't help him against San Diego; he probably should have been given his far shot far earlier in the season than the second half of the Arizona game. Chances in the NFL, especially for backup QBs, are few and far between though with just a 16 game regular season, and it's bad luck for McElroy that his time on the field has been so limited.
With Sanchez, it's likely he'll be on the team next season due to his contract, but as backup given this year showed explicitly that he hasn't panned out to be the QB we wanted him to be.
One thing's clear, I don't envisage our starting QB for next season to be a player currently on the roster.
0

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 08 January 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

I would love to get Connor Barwin, coming off of a 3 sack season but has 10+ sack ability.


We drafted Wilk and Coples back to back. We're not signing a DE.
0

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,112
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 08 January 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

We drafted Wilk and Coples back to back. We're not signing a DE.



Connor Barwin plays OLB/DE...
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 195
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 08 January 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

I'd be happy to bring in Matt Moore and let him have the chance to earn the starting job, that was my point. Obviously McElroy's inexperience didn't help him against San Diego; he probably should have been given his far shot far earlier in the season than the second half of the Arizona game. Chances in the NFL, especially for backup QBs, are few and far between though with just a 16 game regular season, and it's bad luck for McElroy that his time on the field has been so limited.
With Sanchez, it's likely he'll be on the team next season due to his contract, but as backup given this year showed explicitly that he hasn't panned out to be the QB we wanted him to be.
One thing's clear, I don't envisage our starting QB for next season to be a player currently on the roster.

Not as convinced as you are that McElroy isn't either the answer or a stopgap until we can rid ourselves of this cap problem and draft a QB that has some semblance of an offense to work with. But not convinced the other way either.

The only thing I am convinced about is that Sanchez is not the man now and the odds of him becoming the man do not warrant wasting another season in the vain hope of him getting there. So we either draft a QB in the third round, buy a cheap free agent or use McElroy. I think if we bolster the O-line McElroy might work out well. Remember - he is mobile, smart and doesn't throw picks. That wouldn't be a bad thing to at least start out with.
0

#11 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

  • Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,302
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AUSTIN,TX MALE member 2000-01

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Matt Moore throws a smooth ball pretty thing to watch.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,049
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 08 January 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

We drafted Wilk and Coples back to back. We're not signing a DE.


lolllll He's a 3-4 rush backer.

Barwin, Ed Dickson, Matt Moore all 3 are great ideas, IMO.
0

#13 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

  • NO FAT CHICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,320
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Warwick, RI
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostChaos, on 08 January 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

http://bleacherrepor...e-new-york-jets

I know this is a Bleacher Report article but here are the names that were mentioned (including re-signings):

Quarterback: Matt Moore
Running Back: Chris Ivory
Wide Receiver: Braylon Edwards
Tight End: Ed Dickson
Offensive Tackle: Austin Howard
Offensive Guard: Brandon Moore
Defensive Tackle: Mike DeVito
Outside Linebacker: Connor Barwin
Outside Linebacker: Manny Lawson
Safety: Yeremiah Bell
Kicker: Nick Folk


I think the ones that we should consider including the re-signings are
1) Braylon
2) Howard
3) DeVito
4) Bell
5) Mendenhall
6) Landry
7) Barwin
8) Cook

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react
0

#14 User is offline   jet-man Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 196
  • Joined: 04-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

1)tom brady qb.
2)calvin johnson wr.
3)von miller olb.
oh you guys were talking seriously?
in that case, don't expect too much thru FA.
much more thru the draft which is heavy at lb. and rb.
0

#15 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

View Postjet-man, on 09 January 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

1)tom brady qb.
2)calvin johnson wr.
3)von miller olb.
oh you guys were talking seriously?
in that case, don't expect too much thru FA.
much more thru the draft which is heavy at lb. and rb.


Actually with a new GM there will probably be lots of activity in free agency...as the new guy clears the old players and brings in some of his type of players. It doesn't mean they will be flashy signings, but there likely will be a heavy roster turnover this offseason.
Posted Image
0

#16 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 195
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

View Postganggreen2003, on 09 January 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

I think the ones that we should consider including the re-signings are
1) Braylon
2) Howard
3) DeVito
4) Bell
5) Mendenhall
6) Landry
7) Barwin
8) Cook

I think resigning Landry would be a mistake. He made the Pro Bowl so he will demand significant dollars. he is still injury prone and he can't cover the tight ends we have to deal with. he is a better strong safety than free safety. We can't afford the dollars v. the potential for injury and the lack of coverage.

I like the thought of resigning DeVito, Moore, Folk, Bell, Braylon and Howard. Greene, Scott, Pace, Thomas, E and J Smith, Ducasse and Keller should go. I love the idea of trying to sign Ivory to replace Greene (although I like Powell also). Barwin would also be a great addition. And we would still need to draft a guard.

But where are we getting this money? We can knock $31 million of our cal but we are over by a lot going in so maybe we have $5 million other than the rookie money to play with (not sure of this so please chime in if you know better). We would have to see if players would rework contracts.
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users