NYJetsFan.com Forums: Potential Free Agents For Jets Holes - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) well smoke a bowl then
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) I'm cool as a cucumber
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Potential Free Agents For Jets Holes

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

http://bleacherrepor...e-new-york-jets

I know this is a Bleacher Report article but here are the names that were mentioned (including re-signings):

Quarterback: Matt Moore
Running Back: Chris Ivory
Wide Receiver: Braylon Edwards
Tight End: Ed Dickson
Offensive Tackle: Austin Howard
Offensive Guard: Brandon Moore
Defensive Tackle: Mike DeVito
Outside Linebacker: Connor Barwin
Outside Linebacker: Manny Lawson
Safety: Yeremiah Bell
Kicker: Nick Folk

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

I like the Matt Moore idea...great guy to hold the fort while the Jets hopefully find a long term solution
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 08 January 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

I like the Matt Moore idea...great guy to hold the fort while the Jets hopefully find a long term solution

No thanks on moore. h's terible. i'd rather save money and go with mcelroy.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 08 January 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

No thanks on moore. h's terible. i'd rather save money and go with mcelroy.

Considering McElroy looked like a deer in headlights against Chargers, I'd take Moore every day of the week over him. I'd much prefer a solid, experienced veteran who has shown he can do well when called upon than somebody who has yet to do that even if he perhaps hasn't had the opportunities to do so.

Moore's record as a starter with the Fins in 2011 was 6-6 (they had started the season 0-4); he may have started slowly but was pretty impressive down the stretch, finishing with 16 TDs to 9 INTs, four of those nine coming in games against the Jets. His previous starting experience with Carolina was decent too - 4-1 record from 5 starts in '09 taking them from 4-7 to 8-8 and he threw 8 TDs to 2 INTs, and it wasn't as if the Panthers were run heavy as he averaged 25 attempts a game.

#5 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 08 January 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Considering McElroy looked like a deer in headlights against Chargers, I'd take Moore every day of the week over him. I'd much prefer a solid, experienced veteran who has shown he can do well when called upon than somebody who has yet to do that even if he perhaps hasn't had the opportunities to do so yet.

Moore's record as a starter with the Fins in 2011 was 6-6 (they had started the season 0-4); he may have started slowly but was pretty impressive down the stretch, finishing with 16 TDs to 9 INTs, four of those nine coming in games against the Jets. His previous starting experience with Carolina was decent too - 4-1 record from 5 starts in '09 taking them from 4-7 to 8-8 and he threw 8 TDs to 2 INTs, and it wasn't as if the Panthers were run heavy as he averaged 25 attempts a game.

Wow - I can't imagine why a kid who has virtually never played in the NFL should look like a veteran against a team that sacked him 11 times!!! If they don't give McElroy a shot then what is so bad about Moore? Do you think Sanchez can do the job? Do you want another season with him as the starter in our new attack offense where the QB puts the team on his shoulders. That thought makes me nauceous.

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

I would love to get Connor Barwin, coming off of a 3 sack season but has 10+ sack ability.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

View Postchocomag, on 08 January 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

Wow - I can't imagine why a kid who has virtually never played in the NFL should look like a veteran against a team that sacked him 11 times!!! If they don't give McElroy a shot then what is so bad about Moore? Do you think Sanchez can do the job? Do you want another season with him as the starter in our new attack offense where the QB puts the team on his shoulders. That thought makes me nauceous.

I'd be happy to bring in Matt Moore and let him have the chance to earn the starting job, that was my point. Obviously McElroy's inexperience didn't help him against San Diego; he probably should have been given his far shot far earlier in the season than the second half of the Arizona game. Chances in the NFL, especially for backup QBs, are few and far between though with just a 16 game regular season, and it's bad luck for McElroy that his time on the field has been so limited.
With Sanchez, it's likely he'll be on the team next season due to his contract, but as backup given this year showed explicitly that he hasn't panned out to be the QB we wanted him to be.
One thing's clear, I don't envisage our starting QB for next season to be a player currently on the roster.

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 08 January 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

I would love to get Connor Barwin, coming off of a 3 sack season but has 10+ sack ability.

We drafted Wilk and Coples back to back. We're not signing a DE.

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 08 January 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Connor Barwin plays OLB/DE...
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 08 January 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

I'd be happy to bring in Matt Moore and let him have the chance to earn the starting job, that was my point. Obviously McElroy's inexperience didn't help him against San Diego; he probably should have been given his far shot far earlier in the season than the second half of the Arizona game. Chances in the NFL, especially for backup QBs, are few and far between though with just a 16 game regular season, and it's bad luck for McElroy that his time on the field has been so limited.
With Sanchez, it's likely he'll be on the team next season due to his contract, but as backup given this year showed explicitly that he hasn't panned out to be the QB we wanted him to be.
One thing's clear, I don't envisage our starting QB for next season to be a player currently on the roster.

Not as convinced as you are that McElroy isn't either the answer or a stopgap until we can rid ourselves of this cap problem and draft a QB that has some semblance of an offense to work with. But not convinced the other way either.

The only thing I am convinced about is that Sanchez is not the man now and the odds of him becoming the man do not warrant wasting another season in the vain hope of him getting there. So we either draft a QB in the third round, buy a cheap free agent or use McElroy. I think if we bolster the O-line McElroy might work out well. Remember - he is mobile, smart and doesn't throw picks. That wouldn't be a bad thing to at least start out with.

#11 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Matt Moore throws a smooth ball pretty thing to watch.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#12 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 08 January 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

lolllll He's a 3-4 rush backer.

Barwin, Ed Dickson, Matt Moore all 3 are great ideas, IMO.

#13 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• NO FAT CHICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostChaos, on 08 January 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

http://bleacherrepor...e-new-york-jets

I know this is a Bleacher Report article but here are the names that were mentioned (including re-signings):

Quarterback: Matt Moore
Running Back: Chris Ivory
Wide Receiver: Braylon Edwards
Tight End: Ed Dickson
Offensive Tackle: Austin Howard
Offensive Guard: Brandon Moore
Defensive Tackle: Mike DeVito
Outside Linebacker: Connor Barwin
Outside Linebacker: Manny Lawson
Safety: Yeremiah Bell
Kicker: Nick Folk

I think the ones that we should consider including the re-signings are
1) Braylon
2) Howard
3) DeVito
4) Bell
5) Mendenhall
6) Landry
7) Barwin
8) Cook

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

#14 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

1)tom brady qb.
2)calvin johnson wr.
3)von miller olb.
oh you guys were talking seriously?
in that case, don't expect too much thru FA.
much more thru the draft which is heavy at lb. and rb.

#15 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

View Postjet-man, on 09 January 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

1)tom brady qb.
2)calvin johnson wr.
3)von miller olb.
oh you guys were talking seriously?
in that case, don't expect too much thru FA.
much more thru the draft which is heavy at lb. and rb.

Actually with a new GM there will probably be lots of activity in free agency...as the new guy clears the old players and brings in some of his type of players. It doesn't mean they will be flashy signings, but there likely will be a heavy roster turnover this offseason.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

View Postganggreen2003, on 09 January 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

I think the ones that we should consider including the re-signings are
1) Braylon
2) Howard
3) DeVito
4) Bell
5) Mendenhall
6) Landry
7) Barwin
8) Cook

I think resigning Landry would be a mistake. He made the Pro Bowl so he will demand significant dollars. he is still injury prone and he can't cover the tight ends we have to deal with. he is a better strong safety than free safety. We can't afford the dollars v. the potential for injury and the lack of coverage.

I like the thought of resigning DeVito, Moore, Folk, Bell, Braylon and Howard. Greene, Scott, Pace, Thomas, E and J Smith, Ducasse and Keller should go. I love the idea of trying to sign Ivory to replace Greene (although I like Powell also). Barwin would also be a great addition. And we would still need to draft a guard.

But where are we getting this money? We can knock $31 million of our cal but we are over by a lot going in so maybe we have $5 million other than the rookie money to play with (not sure of this so please chime in if you know better). We would have to see if players would rework contracts.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users