NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Can't Give Away Gm Job - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

"We're not a bad football team; we just do stupid stuff," said Eric Decker
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:28 PM) Jose Canseco just pulled a Plaxico Burress.
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:01 PM) Shot himself in the leg?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Shot his middle finger
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM) Suck for the Duck
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:57 AM) Milber didnt die for this
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 October 2014 - 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets Can't Give Away Gm Job

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...anager-job-away

New York Jets can't give away general manager job
By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:28 p.m. Updated: Jan. 13, 2013 at 02:39 p.m.

The New York Jets' general manager search is not going well. They have met with a ton of quality candidates, but the position remains open. So what's the problem?

"They can't give the position away," Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reported Sunday. "They are now calling back candidates that turned them down, saying please reconsider."

Yikes. This sort of thing usually does not happen because GM jobs are so hard to come by in the NFL.

On the Jets' interview list are former Chicago Bears GM Jerry Angelo, in-house candidate Scott Cohen, Miami Dolphins assistant GM Brian Gaine, Pittsburgh Steelers executive Omar Khan, Seattle Seahawks vice president of football administration John Idzik, San Francisco 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble and New York Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross.

The Jets' situation is tricky because of coach Rex Ryan's presence and Woody Johnson's questionable ownership. Usually, a GM helps pick the coach. The situation is reversed this time.

The Jets also lack offensive talent, not to mention an offensive coordinator. All of those factors are scaring away quality GM candidates.

Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Honestly this is a pretty dumb assessment. There are 32 GM positions in the NFL and you're telling me no one wants the spot? HA. Straight crap. These media clowns need to shut up. They honestly have no idea what is going on. Anyone see the Cimini tweet from today? After going on about Popp and Ball interviewing with the Jets, he comes out and goes that they weren't true. It's all just crap for headlines. Just look at the article. Potential GM candidates are scared because there is no talent? If the team was talented, Tanny would still be here! The GM wants to pick the HC? There are teams out there in the past that have had this happen. It's all just aggravating BS. The media is annoyed that they have nothing to say so they are making stuff up as they go along.

#3 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Nobody wants to join Rex's circus.

#4 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Uh...is it entirely out of the realm of possibility that this firm that Woody hired is being thorough?
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostRoger Vick, on 13 January 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Nobody wants to join Rex's circus.

If you're going to accept what Jay Glazer is saying, then don't ignore this: @JayGlazer - Rex isn't what GM candidates are concerned with - their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off

View PostMoMilk1991, on 13 January 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Uh...is it entirely out of the realm of possibility that this firm that Woody hired is being thorough?

Nope. It's the Jets. No one wants to work with them.

Reference: http://nyjetsfan.com...=1&#entry346974

#6 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I read this article earlier today and thought it was a joke at first. This guy has a beef with the Jets and loves stirring the pot. The only part of it that would cause me concern is Jay Glazer. He is pretty reputable. Time will tell.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   greenandwhite4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:Sports, specifically football. Would love to be an analyst on ESPN after I'm done with college, and also movies and drama tv like Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sopranos,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 13 January 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

I read this article earlier today and thought it was a joke at first. This guy has a beef with the Jets and loves stirring the pot. The only part of it that would cause me concern is Jay Glazer. He is pretty reputable. Time will tell.

Just found the article. I say that if Glazer says it, it's basically true. So here's to two years of sucking.Posted Image

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

View Postgreenandwhite4life, on 13 January 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Just found the article. I say that if Glazer says it, it's basically true. So here's to two years of sucking.Posted Image

If it is true 2 years will not be enough time. You have to figure the next GM will be a guy who can hopefully draft very well. Our cap hell will not let us do much more. By then we will have a new HC with a new scheme and new needs for players. Pretty much a revolving door of players and no good players will want to come here. The only silver lining is Brady might be retired by then.....
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Jets are in a bad position cap-wise, but nothing that can't be fixed. It'll take 1 year max to get the cap completely sorted out but it's not as if there is no possible work around:

http://nyjetscap.com...les/cpmgmt.html
http://nyjetscap.com...es/cpmgmt2.html

All in all, if someone wants to be the Raiders GM, someone will want the Jets job. This is just media speculation and headlining.

#10 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostChaos, on 13 January 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

If you're going to accept what Jay Glazer is saying, then don't ignore this: @JayGlazer - Rex isn't what GM candidates are concerned with - their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off

I don't buy it, plenty of other teams have been in as bad if not worse situations than the Jets. However if it is true, if someone(potential candidates) aren't man enough to take on the task of cleaning up what is a mess, then they couldn't hack it with the NY media anyways
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#11 User is offline   JetSon Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostTheFuture, on 13 January 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

I don't buy it, plenty of other teams have been in as bad if not worse situations than the Jets. However if it is true, if someone(potential candidates) aren't man enough to take on the task of cleaning up what is a mess, then they couldn't hack it with the NY media anyways

Why would none want the one year "freebie"?
<b><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Hypnotic and Witty Signature here.<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></b>

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users