NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Can't Give Away Gm Job - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) its deff a good move for the jets they will probably manage to sell some tickets for the rest of the year
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:26 PM) nice to see a move finally, hopefully he can stay healthy and give us a spark
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:27 PM) put a spork in that salad
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:39 PM) Should have gotten desean Jackson this offsesson
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:43 PM) yup
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) wowsers
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) i'm still crying from last night
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) and on top of that the jets fuccked me again by getting harvin before he could play this week lol
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) stop your crying THERE'S NO CRYING AT NYJETSFAN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 08:12 AM) Jets are cutting David Nelson
jetfan4life12 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 09:15 AM) the probably could have had Santana Moss cheap. He has been healthy all season but inactive every week
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:06 AM) I'd prefer to keep him and cut Salas
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:36 AM) you would of thought david nelson would of been more of a redzone threat by this point. hes a big dude.
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:39 AM) real madrid shooting practice continues
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets Can't Give Away Gm Job

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...anager-job-away

New York Jets can't give away general manager job
By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:28 p.m. Updated: Jan. 13, 2013 at 02:39 p.m.

The New York Jets' general manager search is not going well. They have met with a ton of quality candidates, but the position remains open. So what's the problem?

"They can't give the position away," Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reported Sunday. "They are now calling back candidates that turned them down, saying please reconsider."

Yikes. This sort of thing usually does not happen because GM jobs are so hard to come by in the NFL.

On the Jets' interview list are former Chicago Bears GM Jerry Angelo, in-house candidate Scott Cohen, Miami Dolphins assistant GM Brian Gaine, Pittsburgh Steelers executive Omar Khan, Seattle Seahawks vice president of football administration John Idzik, San Francisco 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble and New York Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross.

The Jets' situation is tricky because of coach Rex Ryan's presence and Woody Johnson's questionable ownership. Usually, a GM helps pick the coach. The situation is reversed this time.

The Jets also lack offensive talent, not to mention an offensive coordinator. All of those factors are scaring away quality GM candidates.

Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Honestly this is a pretty dumb assessment. There are 32 GM positions in the NFL and you're telling me no one wants the spot? HA. Straight crap. These media clowns need to shut up. They honestly have no idea what is going on. Anyone see the Cimini tweet from today? After going on about Popp and Ball interviewing with the Jets, he comes out and goes that they weren't true. It's all just crap for headlines. Just look at the article. Potential GM candidates are scared because there is no talent? If the team was talented, Tanny would still be here! The GM wants to pick the HC? There are teams out there in the past that have had this happen. It's all just aggravating BS. The media is annoyed that they have nothing to say so they are making stuff up as they go along.

#3 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Nobody wants to join Rex's circus.

#4 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Uh...is it entirely out of the realm of possibility that this firm that Woody hired is being thorough?
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostRoger Vick, on 13 January 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Nobody wants to join Rex's circus.

If you're going to accept what Jay Glazer is saying, then don't ignore this: @JayGlazer - Rex isn't what GM candidates are concerned with - their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off

View PostMoMilk1991, on 13 January 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Uh...is it entirely out of the realm of possibility that this firm that Woody hired is being thorough?

Nope. It's the Jets. No one wants to work with them.

Reference: http://nyjetsfan.com...=1&#entry346974

#6 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I read this article earlier today and thought it was a joke at first. This guy has a beef with the Jets and loves stirring the pot. The only part of it that would cause me concern is Jay Glazer. He is pretty reputable. Time will tell.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   greenandwhite4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:Sports, specifically football. Would love to be an analyst on ESPN after I'm done with college, and also movies and drama tv like Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sopranos,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 13 January 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

I read this article earlier today and thought it was a joke at first. This guy has a beef with the Jets and loves stirring the pot. The only part of it that would cause me concern is Jay Glazer. He is pretty reputable. Time will tell.

Just found the article. I say that if Glazer says it, it's basically true. So here's to two years of sucking.Posted Image

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

View Postgreenandwhite4life, on 13 January 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Just found the article. I say that if Glazer says it, it's basically true. So here's to two years of sucking.Posted Image

If it is true 2 years will not be enough time. You have to figure the next GM will be a guy who can hopefully draft very well. Our cap hell will not let us do much more. By then we will have a new HC with a new scheme and new needs for players. Pretty much a revolving door of players and no good players will want to come here. The only silver lining is Brady might be retired by then.....
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Jets are in a bad position cap-wise, but nothing that can't be fixed. It'll take 1 year max to get the cap completely sorted out but it's not as if there is no possible work around:

http://nyjetscap.com...les/cpmgmt.html
http://nyjetscap.com...es/cpmgmt2.html

All in all, if someone wants to be the Raiders GM, someone will want the Jets job. This is just media speculation and headlining.

#10 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostChaos, on 13 January 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

If you're going to accept what Jay Glazer is saying, then don't ignore this: @JayGlazer - Rex isn't what GM candidates are concerned with - their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off

I don't buy it, plenty of other teams have been in as bad if not worse situations than the Jets. However if it is true, if someone(potential candidates) aren't man enough to take on the task of cleaning up what is a mess, then they couldn't hack it with the NY media anyways
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#11 User is offline   JetSon Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostTheFuture, on 13 January 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

I don't buy it, plenty of other teams have been in as bad if not worse situations than the Jets. However if it is true, if someone(potential candidates) aren't man enough to take on the task of cleaning up what is a mess, then they couldn't hack it with the NY media anyways

Why would none want the one year "freebie"?
<b><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Hypnotic and Witty Signature here.<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></b>

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users