NYJetsFan.com Forums: Conference Championship Games - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 November 2014 - 08:23 PM) 4 TDS for THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 November 2014 - 08:24 PM) and 400 total yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 November 2014 - 08:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (22 November 2014 - 09:15 PM) quack
azjetfan Icon : (22 November 2014 - 11:04 PM) Meanwhile back at the ranch Winston almost was ejected from the game.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 AM) TEH CRYSTAL PALACE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) Lulz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:38 PM) Brad Smith just took a shot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:38 PM) Wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) saw that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) smithsiah
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) will return
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) king of the juice
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 01:53 PM) Sanchez int at Eagles 30
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) So yeah umm anyone know if the game is going to broadcast on national TV tomorrow?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) From what I have read it will be on in the NY and Buffalo areas as well as Ticket. That's it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:57 PM) well that fucks everyone who is outside of the area
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) Sanchez 3 straight 300+ yards passing games
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) I have no faith in Idzik hiring a good HC or signing/drafting good players.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) I saw a old dude and his wife at a pizza shop tonight. He was wearing an old timers service hat. I picked up his tab.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) FIRE COUGHLIN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) I love how there are so many rookie WRs beasting it in the deepest WR class in a long time, yet our genius GM couldn't land one.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) My guy Odell Beckham torching the Cowboys
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) Look at this catch he made, sick https://mtc.cdn.vine...P67xwaORGsCqtLF
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...sharpnosepuffer
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) Another link
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) Your guy Odell lol
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) I ravedddd about him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:26 AM) he was the guy I wanted most out of the draft. I knew we had no shot at Watkins or Evans.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 08:59 AM) Pretty sure i remember talking to you about him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:33 AM) yeah we talked about him, I remember you loved him too. When I started paying attention to potential draft guys he was the guy I wanted most with our 1st round pick. This was before he was talked about as a legit first rounder, then he skyrocketed up the boards and ended up going too high for us.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) I was and am huge on Jarvis Landry too
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Conference Championship Games make your picks!

Poll: Conference Championship Games (21 member(s) have cast votes)

AFC Championship

1. Patriots (home) (11 votes [52.38%])

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

2. Ravens (10 votes [47.62%])

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

NFC Championship

1. Falcons (home) (5 votes [23.81%])

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

2. 49ers (16 votes [76.19%])

Percentage of vote: 76.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

With another weekend of exciting games wrapping up, make your picks for next week!

#2 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Patriots and 49ers
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#3 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Patriots vs. Atlanta. Going with both home teams although I'd prefer to see the pats go down against b-more and we have a brother vs brother Super Bowl.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#4 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Pats VS Atl. i wonder how Bal will screw it up this time ve NE :banghead:
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Patriots - 49ers

New England were always in control against Houston and I don't think Flacco is good enough to keep stride with Brady.

I'll take the 49ers over Atlanta. Seattle should really have won yesterday - they should have had six points on the board at half time rather than zero, which would have made the difference in the game, while their defence was pitiful in allowing Atlanta to move within field goal range at the end. The Falcons' defence didn't seem capable of containing Russell Wilson, so Colin Kaepernick (if he avoids making daft mistakes like on their opening drive against Green Bay) should be capable of having another big day. Plus I wasn't overly impressed with Matt Ryan yesterday even if he did throw three TDs as his two INTs came following really poor decisions.

#6 User is offline   greenandwhite4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:Sports, specifically football. Would love to be an analyst on ESPN after I'm done with college, and also movies and drama tv like Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sopranos,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Alright, I'm gonna throw some stats on the line here on why at least I think Ravens will make it an incredibly competitive game against New England.

First, let's look at the Texans here, throughout most of the season. For the final five games of the regular season, which was incredibly for the Texans, their offense only elicited an average of 17.8 ppg (18 points per game rounded). For an offense that has all those stars, to have what totals just to two touchdowns and a Field Goal, not a team that was going to head into New England and shock the world.

The Baltimore Ravens, who admittedly have had a God awful defense up until the playoffs, have had a very decent offense as of late since it has averaged around 23 points per game. Definitely short of New England by 7, but at least it's a touchdown difference, which is perfectly at least plausible to beat.

Another interesting thing to note here, when Baltimore faced New England last season, they had the pressure of facing all the people New England has right now (exception to VeReen and Ridley) AND Gronkowski. Gronk is out indefinitely cause it's pretty obvious he broke his arm after that play. Now New England still has had a more than dominant offense without Gronkowski in the game, but since he's out, Ravens have a lot of film to look at with New England.

Other interesting stat to look at, the level of competition. in terms of New England, the combined records of all the teams they beat was 68-75-1, and against legitimate competition (playoff teams, including potential) they have a losing record of 2-3

The last stat would be for the Ravens level of competition, which is at a total of 68-73. Similar, however in terms of the level of competition, 5-4 (final game they used replacements, doesn't count in my eyes.) If there's anything to take away from that it's at least the notion that the Ravens have played a lot more competitive teams this year than New England, and it has lead to them being one step away, just like New England, to the Super Bowl.

And never forget, who knows what factor Ray Lewis will be forcing into the team. They have played at another level these past two weeks since Ray announced his retirement at the end of the run. It's gonna be a good game guys, so don't give up yet that we'll be seeing New England and San Fran again in the Super Bowl.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

i wanna see ravens niners so thats what i voted. I hate the pats and don't wanna se them in it again and teh falcons will choke like ryan does every year
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

I have Ravens and the 49ers. Can't bare to see the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl again and I think Ray Lewis is going to will them to the big game if it comes down to it. 49ers are much too talented for the Falcons, I doubt the birds will be able to keep up. Time for the Harbaugh Bowl!

#9 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Harbaugh Bowl! the Falcons aint stoppin the 49ers and if Flacco can play like he did this past weekend and Lewis and that Defense keep Brady off the field,they got this...they proved they could do it against Peyton,now its Brady's turn to have a seat on the couch!

#10 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Flacco is a mediocre QB who isn't going to get gifted TDs this week. The Patriots are going to win and the Falcons are going to once again do enough to win and then we are going to get the most one sided Super Bowl in a long time.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users