NYJetsFan.com Forums: New York Jets Gm Job More Attractive Than Realized - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) fantasy help - Rivers and DJax for Dez and Tannehill? i'll be getting dez and tannehill. i'm the one proposing the trade.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:41 AM) i have brees starting. they have eli.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 05:53 PM) I would do that trade. Djax has been horrible and with you having Brees as your starter, i would totally do that trade
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:57 PM) START VICK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 08:59 PM) If that guy gives up dez for rivers and Jackson he's an idiot
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 09:00 PM) I just traded dez and Steve smith for AJ green, Reggie Wayne, golden Tate and Stevan Ridley and I feel like I made a bad choice.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 10:02 PM) they have no QB. 1-3 with eli/tannehill as your starter? i need another WR or RB to strengthen my team and Rivers is my best sell.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 10:03 PM) kinda hoping to use the desperation to shore up my team
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

New York Jets Gm Job More Attractive Than Realized

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...e-than-realized

Nobody wants to be the general manager of the New York Jets. This is weird.

"They can't give the position away," Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reported Sunday. "They are now calling back candidates that turned them down, saying please reconsider."

NFL Honors

Vote for the top 10 plays of the 2012 season. More ...

The Jets come off like the pimply-faced teen unwilling to take no for an answer in their doomed search for a prom date. Calling candidates back and asking them to reconsider? That's a pungent whiff of desperation right there.

(We'll now give Jets fans the appropriate time to digest just how close you were to the Super Bowl two short years ago. Take however long you need. We'll be here.)

Though we didn't feel this sort of thing needed to be pointed out, it's intrinsically insane that a GM job in the NFL would be ignored. After all, there are only 32 of these gigs on the planet. Many a loyal team employee has gone to the grave without reaching the top rung of professional football's personnel ladder.

You can make the argument that the Jets' job is the best on the market right now. Seriously. Here's why:

Rex Ryan is not a problem: Yes, you're stuck with him next year, but you'll have every right to kick him out the door if the team stumbles again. He's a built-in mulligan. And who knows, you might even learn to love the big galoot.

Relive every game this season online and on-demand with enhanced viewing features, including the "All-22" coaches film. Get NFL Game Rewind.

Woody Johnson is not a problem: The Johnson era has been marked by some obvious grabs at the spotlight, but he doesn't strike us a man unable to listen to reason. Make good decisions and deliver results and even the most meddlesome of owners will back off.

You can manage with Mark Sanchez for now: Like Ryan, you're only handcuffed to Sanchez for one year. Then again, is having Sanchez on the roster such a bad thing? Think about it: Say you select a QB early in the draft. Sanchez allows you the option to ease your hypothetical rookie hotshot into the lineup. If Sanchez somehow manages to turn his career around, great, maybe he has some trade value after all. If not, the future becomes now.

There are some pieces on this roster: Darrelle Revis needs to get healthy (not to mention paid), but don't be surprised when the training camp stories surface about the star cornerback looking better than ever. Nick Mangold is a top-shelf center in his prime. Antonio Cromartie and David Harris are quality pieces to the puzzle. This is a roster that needs plenty of work, but let's not pretend an incoming GM is inheriting the 2008 Lions.

2013 mock fantasy draft

It's never too soon to think about next season. Michael Fabiano and NFL.com's fantasy crew unveil their first mock draft of 2013. More ...

Salary-cap hell is more like purgatory: ESPN reported the Jets are currently $19.4 million over the salary cap, the worst such figure in the league. But that instantly shrinks to $8.3 million when the team says goodbye to Bart Scott, Jason Smith and Calvin Pace, according to the New York Daily News. Yes we can!

The bar for success remains shockingly low: The Jets haven't appeared in the Super Bowl since 1969. They're 0-4 in AFC Championship Games. They have exactly two AFC East titles in their history. If you can build a culture of winning, you're the second coming. Which reminds us ...

There's no better place to win than New York: It's cliche but true. New York's a city and region that loves and remembers its winners. Bring the Lombardi back to Gang Green and you're practically knighted. You'll also never pay for another wing at the Hooters in East Rutherford, so there's that.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus.

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users