NYJetsFan.com Forums: Manti TeOS Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (20 August 2014 - 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:21 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) Calvin Pryor and Darrin Walls will start tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) The SIMPSONS MARATHON has been on for almost 12 hours...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) Sanchez looks so much more confident and better in Chip's offense than he did with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) EVERY SIMPSONS EVER!!!!!
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 07:10 AM) Sanchez is looking good for the eagles. Crazy how a good offense and the right system can make you look so much better. When you're put into a situatuon to succeed, magic happens. Happy for Sanchez, i think he needed a change just as much as the Jets did.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 08:02 AM) Preseason doesn't matter at all
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:10 AM) anyone have a stream for the preseaosn agme by chance?
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Manti TeOS Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Too long of a story to paste over: http://deadspin.com/...eason-is-a-hoax

This is just absolutely insane.

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

no comment

my brain went

Posted Image

after reading this
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hmmmm. I read the entire article and I'm still confused. But as I was reading it the entire time one thought continued to grow in my mind. Me thinks Manti Te'O might be a homosexual and tried to hide it. That's just my own personal speculation though. But I didn't even know he was a Mormon until reading this article and we know how the Mormon church feels about homosexuality. Then as the article says itself he is a Mormon playing at a Catholic school and playing a sport (football) that is still very homophobic.

But his "girlfriend" lived in California and his parents never met his "girlfriend" (that's what his father said in the article) and they live in Hawaii. His teammates and coaches never met her and Notre Dame is in Indiana. So Te'O's family, friends, coaches, and teammates all think his GF lives in another state thousands of miles away. IDK but that's just the feeling I got after reading the article. Then she dies just as his star starts to rise and he starts getting more media attention. He might've known the increase in the amount of attention he was getting would cause more people (like NFL scouts) to look into his personal life and character and knew his lie would be exposed so he "killed her off." The "California girlfriend" was a good cover when family and friends in Hawaii and South Bend would ask about his love life. But now he was getting more and more national attention. I don't know but common sense makes me think he had to have known she wasn't real. There's a lot of holes in this story, but the only conclusion I could come up with after reading that article is that Te'O is in the closet.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#4 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Te'o Statement:

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. "To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. "It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. "I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. "In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. "Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

#5 User is offline   greenandwhite4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:Sports, specifically football. Would love to be an analyst on ESPN after I'm done with college, and also movies and drama tv like Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sopranos,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'm at a loss. I don't even know what the hell to say to this, and that response?? Now I'm even more confused Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

View Postgreenandwhite4life, on 16 January 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

I'm at a loss. I don't even know what the hell to say to this, and that response?? Now I'm even more confused Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   greenandwhite4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:Sports, specifically football. Would love to be an analyst on ESPN after I'm done with college, and also movies and drama tv like Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sopranos,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

View Postsantana, on 16 January 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

Posted Image

Exactly.

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Now that he's been exposed as a closet homo at best or a POS at worst, will be fall out of the 1st?

#9 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 17 January 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

Now that he's been exposed as a closet homo at best or a POS at worst, will be fall out of the 1st?

Well there is the third option that Notre Dame is pushing, the victim of an elaborate hoax.

Regardless, as a Jet fan, I'm crossing him off my list. This team doesn't need more nonsense this offseason. Though the need of a linebacker exists, I really don't think the Jets should be the ones to take on the media that comes with drafting him now. Should be interesting to see where he gets picked though.

#10 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• Hi-5 master
  • Icon
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Just hoping the JETS don't even consider drafting him...his NFL career might of just ended before it started because of this complete clusterfuck of a story...Notre Dame just got Te'od
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

View Postganggreen2003, on 17 January 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Just hoping the JETS don't even consider drafting him...his NFL career might of just ended before it started because of this complete clusterfuck of a story...Notre Dame just got Te'od

What?! You're writing off a kid with obvious talent because he's deeply religious and is scared to admit that he likes men? If he's there when we pick in the 2nd, that's a no brainer to me.

#12 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

View Postsantana, on 17 January 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

Posted Image

Brilliant!

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Just giving the benefit of the doubt, but is it entirely crazy to think he's telling the truth?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 17 January 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Just giving the benefit of the doubt, but is it entirely crazy to think he's telling the truth?

Yes. He's already admitted to lying about "meeting" her so he's not telling the truth.

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 17 January 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

Yes. He's already admitted to lying about "meeting" her so he's not telling the truth.

so one lie means everything is a lie? is it possible he did meet her online but was too embarrassed to admit it, so instead he said he met her at a game?

Do you tell the truth all the time? no, because everyone lies every now and then. It doesn't mean everything you say is a lie
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

to seek an explanation from what little everyone knows...the story is too bizarre NOT to give him the benefit of the doubt

this is all very perplexing

#18 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA268-1CcAERwQe.jpg:large

#19 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 16 January 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Hmmmm. I read the entire article and I'm still confused. But as I was reading it the entire time one thought continued to grow in my mind. Me thinks Manti Te'O might be a homosexual and tried to hide it. That's just my own personal speculation though. But I didn't even know he was a Mormon until reading this article and we know how the Mormon church feels about homosexuality. Then as the article says itself he is a Mormon playing at a Catholic school and playing a sport (football) that is still very homophobic.

But his "girlfriend" lived in California and his parents never met his "girlfriend" (that's what his father said in the article) and they live in Hawaii. His teammates and coaches never met her and Notre Dame is in Indiana. So Te'O's family, friends, coaches, and teammates all think his GF lives in another state thousands of miles away. IDK but that's just the feeling I got after reading the article. Then she dies just as his star starts to rise and he starts getting more media attention. He might've known the increase in the amount of attention he was getting would cause more people (like NFL scouts) to look into his personal life and character and knew his lie would be exposed so he "killed her off." The "California girlfriend" was a good cover when family and friends in Hawaii and South Bend would ask about his love life. But now he was getting more and more national attention. I don't know but common sense makes me think he had to have known she wasn't real. There's a lot of holes in this story, but the only conclusion I could come up with after reading that article is that Te'O is in the closet.

I expect this from secondhand, but the problem lies with you to think someone is automatically gay when they find out they had a fake relationship. If someone was so concerned about people finding out he was gay, don't you think he would do a better cover up job? like flaunting pictures of him with girls?

People are so homophobic that they come up with this as a person's main reason for a hoax. He couldn't have done it for puiblicity, or possibly been tricked. nah he's just gay. seriously?

and its not just that people say that, but they say it so negatively like something is wrong with him. i mean stupidity of this magnitude is why i don't bother anymore, but to not point out how rediculous you are sounding with these statements is just something i cannot do.
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostTebow15, on 18 January 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

I expect this from secondhand, but the problem lies with you to think someone is automatically gay when they find out they had a fake relationship. If someone was so concerned about people finding out he was gay, don't you think he would do a better cover up job? like flaunting pictures of him with girls?

People are so homophobic that they come up with this as a person's main reason for a hoax. He couldn't have done it for puiblicity, or possibly been tricked. nah he's just gay. seriously?

and its not just that people say that, but they say it so negatively like something is wrong with him. i mean stupidity of this magnitude is why i don't bother anymore, but to not point out how rediculous you are sounding with these statements is just something i cannot do.

Did the resident autistic kid just take a shot at me?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users