NYJetsFan.com Forums: Lennay Kekua Existed? Reagan Maui'a, Cardinals Fb, Says He Met Fake Girlfriend Of Manti Te'o - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets acquire OT Ryan Clady
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) The NEW YORK JETS SELECT...
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:25 PM) Darron Lee LB
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:25 PM) Lee
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:26 PM) Who?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:27 PM) WTF
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:27 PM) BULLSHIT PICK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:27 PM) A LB from Ohio State
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:27 PM) Defiantly not an inspiring pick
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:28 PM) GHOLSTON 2.0
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:28 PM) Guy has had 12 sacks in 2 years?? how the hell is that a 1st round pass rusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:29 PM) At least we didn't go QB again
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:30 PM) You mean GHOSTon
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:31 PM) Not f***ing happy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:31 PM) I hope I'm wrong tho
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:31 PM) if I'm wrong I will eat m crow
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) Some mocks had him top 10
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:42 PM) this guy is small
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:45 PM) Most mocks had Lee at 17 to the Falcons
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:45 PM) He's a day 1 starter for us. We've needed OLB forever
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:46 PM) Plus we generate a great rush from wilk rich and Williams
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) I wanted Lawson bad
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) f***ing bills
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:51 PM) Lee fills a need better
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:52 PM) I would have liked tunsil to slide to us though. After east picking great
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:52 PM) Would you take Lee over Lawson?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) I'm not inspire by that pick. Not even a little
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) Wasn't an option. Lawson was gone
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:02 PM) Lawson is more of a de. We already have too many of those. We only have 1 proven LBer and he's 32 and we run a 3-4. Lee is a day 1 starter
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) Broncos traded up for lynch
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) Round 1 is done
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 12:43 AM) He will play ILB for us.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38865
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:19 AM) jets tried to trade up for tunsil but the price was too high
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:10 PM) Tunsil will end up out of the league
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:12 PM) Lee isn't a pass rusher, hes a fast athletic LB. Hes probably their future at ILB, someone who can cover in the middle
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:16 PM) jets said he's an ILB for us
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:17 PM) If we could grab jack he would be an OLB
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:17 PM) ttians have 3 picks in the next 13 picks
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:33 PM) jack to jax 36th overal
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:33 PM) Did you hear that the 1st round pick for the Browns RETIRED after getting drafted
SoReALSoJetS Icon : (Today, 07:29 PM) Hi guys long time no talk hope everyone is well
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 07:46 PM) SMH
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:46 PM) JETS drafted QB Hackenberg PSU
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 07:47 PM) Should have picked Connor Cook.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:56 PM) I guess we are giving up on petty
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Lennay Kekua Existed? Reagan Maui'a, Cardinals Fb, Says He Met Fake Girlfriend Of Manti Te'o

#1 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Lennay Kekua Existed? Reagan Maui'a, Cardinals FB, Says He Met Fake Girlfriend Of Manti Te'o

Just when it seemed like the only thing that everyone could agree on regarding the bizarre hoax involving Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o was that Lennay Kekua never existed, Reagan Maui'a stepped forward and disagreed. Maui'a played three games with the Arizona Cardinals during the 2012 season.

The 28-year-old NFL player who attended college in Te'o's home state of Hawaii told ESPN on Wednesday that he met the woman who never existed and never died tragically of leukemia ahead of a Notre Dame football game against Michigan State.

After Deadspin's report revealed one of the most poignant narratives of the college football season was a falsehood, both Notre Dame and Te'o issued statements indicating that the star linebacker had been the victim of a hoax.

While Te'o's possible complicity remained a hot topic even as Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick backed him, there seemed to at least be consensus on the fact that Kekua was not real and the story of her tragic death was a fabrication.

Enter Maui'a. While did not comment on her death to ESPN, he says that he met Kekua in June 2011 while doing charity work in American Samoa along with Pittsburgh Steelers star Troy Polamalu.

"This was before her and Manti. I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends," Maui'a told ESPN on Wednesday evening. "We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

Further complicating Maui'a's account of meeting Kekua is his claim that he was introduced to her by Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, who figures prominently into Deadspin's report. Relatives of the 22-year-old Tuiasosopo, who appeared to know Te'o based on various online exchanges, told Deadspin that they believed he was the creator of Kekua.

Could he also have fooled Maui'a? While Swarbrick indicated during his press conference that Te'o's relationship was conducted exclusively online and over the telephone, is it possible that there was also someone portraying herself as Kekua during in-person meetings with other people?

link
http://www.huffingto..._n_2492353.html

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users