NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets To Name Marty Morninwheg Oc - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

azjetfan Icon : (10 July 2014 - 12:42 PM) Fire Idzik!
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:29 AM) titties
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) http://i.imgur.com/mn7uxIi.jpg
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) need to get that suarez jersey
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) streets is real
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) FIRE SANTANA
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) He's the reason we have nothing to talk about
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) Plenty to talk about I'm sure
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) You guys just suck at it
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets To Name Marty Morninwheg Oc

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

http://www.nj.com/je...mornhinweg.html

The Jets are expected to name Marty Mornhinweg their offensive coordinator, according to a report from Adam Caplan of PhiladelphiaEagles.com.

The Jets had Mornhinweg in for an interview late last week. He has been the Eagles offensive coordinator since 2006.

A brief look at his numbers through the years shows a definite parallel to the want ad Rex Ryan placed for the team's next offensive coordinator. Mornhinweg has consistently had top 10 offenses in passing yards, points and yards per attempt, despite the fact that his teams have been susceptible to more turnovers.

Ryan wanted a more attack-style plan after the Jets offense, led in 2012 by Tony Sparano, sunk to the bottom of the league in nearly every major category except rushing.

Normally a champion of the "ground and pound" philosophy, Ryan said his insistence on building a game plan around the run held the team back over the last two years.

Conor Orr: corr@starledger.com; twitter.com/ConorTOrr

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Sweet!
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Tons of top 10 offenses. West coast offense, so there will be rumors about adding someone like Matt Flynn. Especially with Idzik as GM.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Well this would be the end of the ground and pound idea if he implements an Eagles style offense. The Eagles have always had scat backs not power backs.

On another note if the Jets duplicate an Eagles type of offense Sanchez has absolutely zero chance of running an offense like that. That also puts an end to Shonn Greene starting.

Mark needs a ground and pound offense where he doesn't have to run the offense to have any chance at success.

An Eagles type of offense depends heavily timing,reading the defense and making the correct quick pass accurately

The qb doing roll outs,motions, options, and screen plays. Mark could never do this. Mark isn't a running style qb.

Either way things are really becoming interesting. Im more interested right now in the Jets than I was with them this past season with the way things are coming together. Now all we need is the right players to fit the system.

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 18 January 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

Tons of top 10 offenses. West coast offense, so there will be rumors about adding someone like Matt Flynn. Especially with Idzik as GM.

The problem is philly had westbrook and mccoy at RB during his tenure. We don't have a RB like them to run this offense. i guess mcknight is probably the closest but he is no westbrook or mccoy.

I do like the hire though, but last season the eagles offense was terrible....any chance this means vick comes here to run this offense?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Here are his offensive rankings with the Eagles.

2012-15th in YPG, 29th in PPG
2011-4th in YPG, 8th in PPG
2010-2nd in YPG, 3rd in PPG
2009-11th in YPG, 5th in PPG
2008-9th in YPG, 6th in PPG
2007-6th in YPG, 17th in PPG
2006-2nd in YPG, 6th in PPG
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 18 January 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

any chance this means vick comes here to run this offense?

I don't know about you but I want no parts of Vick. People are remembering the old Vick. Not the current Vick who is very prone to injury and isn't the runner he used to be.His body sure isn't durable anymore.

I'm all for getting a qb with those qualities but not an over the hill one. Bring in a young one like a lot of teams are doing.

Bad thing about those style qbs is they always get hurt bad eventually.And usually don't have long careers.

Look at RG3 already. I called it in the preseason to my friend who is a big Redskins fan. Eventually Kapp and Wilson will get broke up too. Its inevitable.

#8 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

As long as this guy isn't promoted to HC if Rex is fired, I'm okay with it. Change is in the air, hopefully it turns out well. Let 2013 begin!

#9 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostChaos, on 18 January 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

As long as this guy isn't promoted to HC if Rex is fired

Lets give the other team the ball in sudden death overtime first. :hysterical:
Posted Image Posted Image

#10 User is offline   2JBallar01 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 18 January 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Well this would be the end of the ground and pound idea if he implements an Eagles style offense. The Eagles have always had scat backs not power backs.

On another note if the Jets duplicate an Eagles type of offense Sanchez has absolutely zero chance of running an offense like that. That also puts an end to Shonn Greene starting.

Mark needs a ground and pound offense where he doesn't have to run the offense to have any chance at success.

An Eagles type of offense depends heavily timing,reading the defense and making the correct quick pass accurately

The qb doing roll outs,motions, options, and screen plays. Mark could never do this. Mark isn't a running style qb.

Either way things are really becoming interesting. Im more interested right now in the Jets than I was with them this past season with the way things are coming together. Now all we need is the right players to fit the system.

Mark is a better passer when hes rolling out. I believe there was an article about that posted here not to long ago. Mark can throw on the run. This might be a good offense for him.

#11 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

View Post2JBallar01, on 18 January 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

Mark is a better passer when hes rolling out. I believe there was an article about that posted here not to long ago. Mark can throw on the run. This might be a good offense for him.

This is absolutely true. Also, Reid ran the offense there, so let's not pretend this guy did it all his self. I do like this hire better than the Sporano hiring.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#12 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

View Post2JBallar01, on 18 January 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

The only reason Mark seemed a little bit better at the option is because he had LT here for two years. It sure as heck wasn't Mark. LT made a lot of plays on his own here just like he did with the Chargers.

Any time Mark has been given more responsibility he fails. Mark will never be anything more than below average game manager. Every average,good,or elite qb in the league can be a game manager but they actually have to be good to run a precision offense.

Mark sure as heck cant stand in the pocket and throw accurate balls and he sure suddenly wont become a Romo type qb. I don't care which running back you bring in. Mark has never gotten the timing of the game down and cant throw an accurate short pass so I don't understand how you suddenly think Mark is going to be able to run a precision qb driven offense where the qb has to run the option and actually run the ball down the field at times.

I sure as hell wouldn't trust him to throw accurate screen passes. I can see pick sixes every game. keep on dreaming about Mark. This development stuff is old as hell. If Mark was ever going to be good in this league he would at least have the game timing down by now and be able to read defenses. That comes with experience of playing which Mark has plenty of that.

No qb coach is going to be able to develop a qb to be able to read actual game defenses and actual game timing. Only actual games can do that and if Mark hasn't got the game timing down in four years he never will get it and giving him more responsibility will make him worse than this past season. Any qb that consistently throws balls late clearly cant adjust to the speed of the game. His bad accuracy just makes it even worse.

Think whatever you want but the fact is if an NFL qb is known as just a game manager and nothing more then he obviously has a lot of flaws or one of the best running games in the league. When Mark did have that his stats sucked then too so a scat back wont make him better.

Mark is a lost cause.

#13 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

What is a Romo type QB? One who is overpaid, overhyped, and a career choke artist?

#14 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 18 January 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

What is a Romo type QB? One who is overpaid, overhyped, and a career choke artist?

Yes you are right. I agree with this totally about Romo but my point was about the styles of qbs not praising Romo. He is a choke artist.

You have 4 types of qbs in the league

You have your running qbs like Vick, RG3, Wilson, and Kapp.

Then you have your complete pocket passers which both Manning`s fit this bill.

The next two qb styles are hybrid type qbs

Romo is highly mobile behind the line who runs at times but doesn't run the ball down the field a lot.Id put Rodgers in this category too because he is prone to run. Steve Young fit this bill.

Then you have qbs like Brees, Brady, and Rivers that are mostly pocket passers that will run at times but are still more pocket passer than anything. Mark is in this category of style

I'm just saying that Mark isn't suddenly going to be able to totally change his style as a qb and become a highly mobile qb behind the line. That would require years of totally re-developing and remolding him into a different qb (if it were even possible to do so).

So I'm saying Mark wont work with an Eagles style offense. He would be ten times worse than Romo at it and I don't even consider Romo anything but average at best.

#15 User is offline   2JBallar01 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

MOBILITY

Not everyone can be Robert Griffin III, but not everyone has to be to succeed. That means you, Eli Manning! But being able to escape pressure always is a plus, especially if you can throw on the run. Sanchez can.

Dan Fouts: "I have always thought he was better moving out of the pocket. That was his strength when he came out of USC.''

Trent Dilfer: "I think his mobility hasn't been used well. Here's a guy who when he came out he threw the ball on the run and from multiple launch points as accurately as I'd seen in a college player. How often do you see that in this system?

"Most of his signature plays have been second-reaction plays, where his athleticism has been allowed to come out in him. It's a choppy system, at best. It's inexcusable not to use that aspect of his game.''

Tim Hasselbeck: "When they move him around he's at his best, no question about it. I don't know they necessarily have done enough of that.''

Ron Jaworski: "I've always liked his ability in the red zone, and a lot of that was his movement within the pocket.''

http://nyjetsfan.com...36&#entry346136

#16 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 18 January 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

Yes you are right. I agree with this totally about Romo but my point was about the styles of qbs not praising Romo. He is a choke artist.

You have 4 types of qbs in the league

You have your running qbs like Vick, RG3, Wilson, and Kapp.

Then you have your complete pocket passers which both Manning`s fit this bill.

The next two qb styles are hybrid type qbs

Romo is highly mobile behind the line who runs at times but doesn't run the ball down the field a lot.Id put Rodgers in this category too because he is prone to run. Steve Young fit this bill.

Then you have qbs like Brees, Brady, and Rivers that are mostly pocket passers that will run at times but are still more pocket passer than anything. Mark is in this category of style

I'm just saying that Mark isn't suddenly going to be able to totally change his style as a qb and become a highly mobile qb behind the line. That would require years of totally re-developing and remolding him into a different qb (if it were even possible to do so).

So I'm saying Mark wont work with an Eagles style offense. He would be ten times worse than Romo at it and I don't even consider Romo anything but average at best.

I agree in Romo then. But I still think Mark is better on the move but that may only be because he is bad in the pocket. One problem is he has never had an OC worth a shit so we don't know what he is good for.

#17 User is online   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 19 January 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

I agree in Romo then. But I still think Mark is better on the move but that may only be because he is bad in the pocket. One problem is he has never had an OC worth a shit so we don't know what he is good for.

While I agree with virtually everyone here that Mark isn't the future, a coordinator like Mornhinweg could be the coach needed to flesh out his strengths - one of which, as has been pointed out, is throwing on the move. And, in all honesty, there is a possibility he'll be our starting QB next year depending on what moves the team makes (this offseason is one of great uncertainty for the Jets).
Take Mark's TD passes to Keller in the Cincinnati and San Diego playoff games during his rookie year and his 45 yard bomb to Holmes in the AFC Championship game against the Steelers - all were throws on rollouts. Of course we relied heavily on the run both those years, and I don't expect that to change much even with the new coordinator. But if we can find a versatile back too (which we have missed since LT retired), then that will ease the burden on whoever it is that winds up starting under center - be it a veteran, rookie or Sanchez.

The problem with Schottenheimer was that he tried to be too fancy, while Sparano's supposed emphasis on 'chunk plays' didn't really fit the mould of the players we had on offense, especially after Holmes went down. Our two main running backs, especially Greene, were more plodders than big play threats, while at receiver - other than Kerley - there was nobody who could effectively run routes and smartly utilise space 15-20 yards downfield.

I presume Mornhinweg expects a tough task with this offense and to be in it for the long haul, because there's certainly a lot of work that needs to be done. He's a positive hire though, who's helped make a success of quarterbacks such as Jeff Garcia and post-prison Michael Vick. That itself is reason for optimism, however slight.

#18 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Mornhinweg called the plays with the Eagles, he took over playcalling duties in 2006 after the Colts game. He was also the OC for the 49ers from 1997-2000.

Jeff Garcia with Marty calling plays with the Eagles had 10 TD 2 INT 96 QB rating. Marty's last season with the 49ers he had Jeff Garcia at QB, it was his best season for his career. 31 TD 10 INT, 98 QB rating. 4,278 yards.

Eagle fans complain about Marty, but I always liked their offense. It was way better than ours and they did get the best out of Michael Vick, hard thing to do.

I have pretty much given up on Sanchez, but he played in the WCO in college. This is the best QB guy hes had in the NFL, this is the first move they have made to help Mark. But I rather go elsewhere with QB, I just don't believe in Sanchez anymore.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Are you people shitting me? Sanchez running an offense that's based on timing and short accurate throws? That's like a pedophile running the Boy Scouts. This hire all but ends Sanchez in NY. I see us trying to land Alwx Smith in FA.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users