NYJetsFan.com Forums: Would You Package Revis For A Qb? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

The long off season looms
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:25 PM) Then they can re-sign Harrison, FItzpatrick, Ivory, and maybe Powell.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Kaepernick apparently wants out of SF and wants to join the Jets
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Guess he sees the Jets as a team with a great WR tandem and a quality OC who builds a offense around the players
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:29 AM) No thanks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:29 AM) Unless he's dirt cheap
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:30 AM) The jets would be fools to take on that contract
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 02:09 PM) keep powell, snakcs, wilkerson, and fitz. let ivory walk, trade richardson, cut cromartie, restructure brick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 04:18 PM) Marshall said no to Kaepnerick, he wants FItzpatrick as his QB
vjdbbq Icon : (04 February 2016 - 12:07 PM) Where's Rob ? I need some ass shots !!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (07 February 2016 - 04:16 PM) its crazy how dead this site is
MikeGangGree... Icon : (07 February 2016 - 04:16 PM) its super bowl Sunday!!
vjdbbq Icon : (07 February 2016 - 04:47 PM) Everybody is at Rob's house ; checking out the asses !!!!!
Smedsthejet Icon : (07 February 2016 - 05:17 PM) Hope Cotchery gets a ring tonight
santana Icon : (07 February 2016 - 07:04 PM) Yeah I would rather see a panther win
santana Icon : (07 February 2016 - 07:25 PM) Zzzz
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (07 February 2016 - 09:03 PM) I want to see Manning go out on top
vjdbbq Icon : (07 February 2016 - 11:03 PM) Jerricho got screwed on the call in the first quarter but he dropped a few later on .
vjdbbq Icon : (07 February 2016 - 11:04 PM) Screw Manning and his chicken parm .
MikeGangGree... Icon : (07 February 2016 - 11:29 PM) We need a pass rushing LB!! Look at Denver.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (07 February 2016 - 11:30 PM) Nothing against manning but he wasn't good at all this year and gives me hope that we can reach a super bowl with Fitzpatrick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (08 February 2016 - 06:42 AM) Denver has two future HOF edge rushers with Miller and Ware.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (08 February 2016 - 08:01 PM) NO to kapergimmick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:37 AM) Yes to Kaepernick, he'd be great here!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:28 PM) I cant stop thinking what are we going to do about Wilk
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:30 PM) right now we sit about 9 mill under the cap. we save 8 mil after we cut Cro
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:31 PM) I cant see us keeping Cro when we have Williams. Also we save 0 by cutting Milliner his 4 mil would just be dead money so we might not cut him
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:32 PM) so after we cut Cro we are 17 Million under the cap
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:32 PM) If we cut Brick we save another 9
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:35 PM) Mangold is owed 8.5 mil
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:35 PM) Maybe we redo Brick and Mangold deals to free up some room
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:37 PM) I just don't see us paying brick 14 mil next season. not when he wasn't good last season. so if we cut Brick and Cro we are 26 Mil under the cap
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:38 PM) Kerley and Cumberland save us 3 mil total
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:38 PM) that would be 29 Mil
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) breno giacomini Saves us another 4 mil
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) that's would be 33 mil under the cap
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) Maybe we redo Bricks deal and move him to RT?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) idk....just saying
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:42 PM) I really think we need Snacks more than we need Wilk.... I'm not in no way saying hes better than Wilk
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:42 PM) We have Rich and Williams if we lose Wilk
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:43 PM) Before everyone starts saying "Mike wants us to trade Wilk" I want to say that I think we should keep the guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:44 PM) But if we are going to lose Wilk we better Tag and Trade him
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:44 PM) DO not let us lose him and get nothing back
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:46 PM) So if we trade Wilk we get a 1st rounder[at least] and we can Take a LT and a OLB in the 1st round.... Not sure who is out there to draft yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:47 PM) And maybe move Brick to RTA
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:47 PM) RT
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Would You Package Revis For A Qb?

#21 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

move on

#22 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

The thought of trading Revis for a top 3 qb is down right nutty. No corner in history would be worth that. Not even any player in any other position no matter how elite would be worth that unless the team in question had a backup qb that was a top 3 elite qb. You wouldn't get any elite qb for Revis. Maybe an above average qb at best and a couple other players or draft picks.

I don't want to see Revis go but if he could be traded for some really good players and a high first round pick I dont see the downside.

Bring up all the stats you want on Revis but the fact is that a corner only shuts down one player and isnt impact enough to be that big of a game changer in most circumstances. Teams usually don't bother to throw the ball his way so Revis shuts down the receiver in question. If Revis were a dlineman or a linebacker that couldn't be stopped and caused a lot of sacks,fumbles,etc. he would be more of an impact in the game. Yes he does shut down the best receiver but again he is just stopping one player. Id rather have a player on defense like Ray Lewis in his prime,Clay Mathews, JJ Watt, OC,Ware, etc. that are true game changers than the best corner in the league.

Yes Revis is great and no I don't want to see him go but he can be traded to get some really good players and maybe some good draft picks. Plus the guy is always going to take a huge chunk of the cap.

Revis is a great Jet but you don't need the #1 corner in the league to win. We have Cro who is a number one corner. If we could get another number 1 corner or even a really high end number two that wouldnt hit as much toward the cap.

This team needs to rebuild and just wanting to keep Revis just because he is the best corner is stupid. If we can get multiple good players in return it would be better. Yes Revis is great but we need more than just the best corner in the league to win. The chances of Revis being impact enough for the Jets to win a bowl any time soon if ever are very slim.By the time this team rebuilds Revis may be out of his prime. He is already injury prone with a serious knee injury which should also be taken in to account.If the Jets were contending team now or even close to contending then I would say "hell no" to any though of a trade but the fact is the Jets aren't anywhere close. So yes if the Jets can get a good deal trade him high before he gets another injury and greatly loses value.

As far as for Alex Smith though....... I don't know. Alex Smith is still a qb with a lot of question marks. Unless Alex Smith was part of a package deal with some other players or draft picks Id say "no" to that.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users