NYJetsFan.com Forums: ***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 April 2014 - 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (23 April 2014 - 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (23 April 2014 - 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (23 April 2014 - 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:04 PM) The media is so dumb, Jon Gieger Revis' best friend tweets a pic from the Jets website and says it's revis, and all of the media goes along with it making fun of the Jets when it was really Jeremy Kerleyr.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) uh oh - "Bradley Roby charged with operating a vehicle under the influence"
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:56 PM) THE YANKEES
Resize Shouts Area

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** merged by Harlem

#101 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 28 January 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

Are you kidding me right now? They're both tremendous players and keep their team in games. I honestly hope they do trade him now so you can all bitch about the defense next year. You're so concerned about saving money but you neglected to answer what the benefit would be of trading Revis when it would be a $12,000,000 hit against the cap

The benefit is a short term penalty and future cap space coupled with the assets acquired in a trade, I thought that was obvious...

You honestly believe Revis can keep us in a game the way AD does Minnesota? Every team that played Minnesota this year knew they were running the ball and THEY STILL COULDN'T STOP HIM! How do you stop Revis? Well you could run the ball and essentially nullify his greatest strength. Or, how about abusing our line backers and nickel corner by throwing routes over the middle to the TE and slot receiver? Or you could throw to the other side of the field. Revis doesn't have the same impact that AD or a franchise QB has on a team, it's simply not possible from his position. Paying him 16M a year is beyond crazy in my opinion. I'd rather use that money to shore up multiple other gaps in our starting lineup.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#102 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

So it's a stellar idea go to $12 million more in the hole when we're already ~$20-30 million over the cap..got it! If this team can pay Scott $11 million and pay Pace $8 million, THEY CAN PAY REVIS
Posted Image

#103 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 28 January 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

So it's a stellar idea go to $12 million more in the hole when we're already ~$20-30 million over the cap..got it! If this team can pay Scott $11 million and pay Pace $8 million, THEY CAN PAY REVIS

You know why we can pay those 2 19M? Cause we're over the cap! We all know the $20M over the cap is bullshit anyway, we'll be well under once we cut all the bad contracts. So don't make it sound like they couldn't afford the 12M cap hit. Besides, we're not gonna be competitive next year anyway, so who cares about the cap hit? You act like it'll doom our Super Bowl chances, lol. We need to start the rebuilding process, that much is clear. And that's gonna be hard as hell to do without future cap space and financial flexibility.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

#104 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 28 January 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

You know why we can pay those 2 19M? Cause we're over the cap! We all know the $20M over the cap is bullshit anyway, we'll be well under once we cut all the bad contracts. So don't make it sound like they couldn't afford the 12M cap hit. Besides, we're not gonna be competitive next year anyway, so who cares about the cap hit? You act like it'll doom our Super Bowl chances, lol. We need to start the rebuilding process, that much is clear. And that's gonna be hard as hell to do without future cap space and financial flexibility.

You're right, we do need to start the rebuilding process, so let's take those steps without the most talented defender in the league.
Posted Image

#105 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Just wondering, since the Jets do not have a all world QB on the roster, if the Jets frontload Revis's contract next year (assuming Sanchez and Holmes are gone), can't they find a way to keep him? Say they front load his contract for 2-3 years and draft Teddy Bridgewater next year, wouldn't the Jets have enough room to keep both if Bridgewater gets a fat contract extension 3-4 years down the road?

Next point, the disregard some of you have for Revis's sheer amount of talent and football sense is astounding. Players like him don't grow on trees and the fact that some of you are just willing to toss him aside for a couple of unproven rookies is just amazing. The answer isn't trading him, the answer is finding a way to make him fit under the cap. He deserves an extended contract and more money for what he brings to the field, but putting up the most talented player the Jets have had since Martin for a trade is just sad. Trading the guy without making any substantial effort at an extension is just pathetic. For a player of his caliber, a trade should be the last option, not the first.

#106 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

If you're not a QB or a top 5 pass rusher, (or nicknamed Megatron or AD) you don't impact the game enough to make 16M a year in my opinion. Revis might be the best to ever play his position, but keeping him will not allow us to effectively rebuild. My points remain that A) we've seen the best of Revis, his play will degrade at some rate from here on out (including his injury); and B) teams can easily gameplan around our 16M a year player (run the ball, throw over the middle to slot receiver and TE, throw to the other side if the field, more dump offs to RB's, more bubble screens, etc.). In comparison, there are very few options for game planning against franchise QB's and pass rushers (double teams are about it). It's just so hard to logically justify an extension in our situation, but all I keep hearing is "HE'S THE BEST, WE GOTTA KEEP HIM!" Let's get a little more substance.

#107 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostChaos, on 28 January 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Just wondering, since the Jets do not have a all world QB on the roster, if the Jets frontload Revis's contract next year (assuming Sanchez and Holmes are gone), can't they find a way to keep him? Say they front load his contract for 2-3 years and draft Teddy Bridgewater next year, wouldn't the Jets have enough room to keep both if Bridgewater gets a fat contract extension 3-4 years down the road?

Next point, the disregard some of you have for Revis's sheer amount of talent and football sense is astounding. Players like him don't grow on trees and the fact that some of you are just willing to toss him aside for a couple of unproven rookies is just amazing. The answer isn't trading him, the answer is finding a way to make him fit under the cap. He deserves an extended contract and more money for what he brings to the field, but putting up the most talented player the Jets have had since Martin for a trade is just sad. Trading the guy without making any substantial effort at an extension is just pathetic. For a player of his caliber, a trade should be the last option, not the first.

I don't think front loading that heavily is an option considering our cap situation. I believe the contract would actually have to be fairly backloaded, but with the guaranteed money towards the front and in bonuses.

#108 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 28 January 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

If you're not a QB or a top 5 pass rusher, you don't impact the game enough to make 16M a year in my opinion. Revis might be the best to ever play his position, but keeping him will not allow us to effectively rebuild. My points remain that A) we've seen the best of Revis, his play will degrade at some rate from here on out (including his injury); and B) teams can easily gameplan around our 16M a year player (run the ball, throw over the middle to slot receiver and TE, throw to the other side if the field, more dump offs to RB's, more bubble screens, etc.). In comparison, there are very few options for game planning against franchise QB's and pass rushers (double teams are about it). It's just so hard to logically justify an extension in our situation, but all I keep hearing is "HE'S THE BEST, WE GOTTA KEEP HIM!" Let's get a little more substance.

So this season it's more beneficial to take a cap hit of $12 million as opposed to possibly trading Cromartie who will give $8.25M of cap relief if he's traded? This team always overpays the marginal players who don't do anything or don't deserve it. Darrelle Revis is the best CB in the game. I have stated it over and over and over....you long time Jets fans always bitch and moan about not hitting it big in the draft, the second we have a player that's revered throughout the league, you want him out. If the money is negotiated to pay Pace and Scott obscene amounts like that, then Revis can see his payday.
Posted Image

#109 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

He isn't going to get $16 million a year by the way...like 0099 wrote somewhere it's more realistic to see him make between $12-14 million, both sides are going to make concessions (as it stands in every negotiation). I see no problem paying the best CB in the game that kind of money
Posted Image

#110 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostChaos, on 28 January 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

:trophy: :trink39:
Posted Image

#111 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

I'd bet just about anything that he'll make a hell of a lot closer to 16 than 12. You think Revis is gonna make concessions for us?!? That's a knee slapper, especially since he thinks we screwed him in the last deal and now he's offended by the trade talk. If another team offers a single dollar more than us, he's gone. It was said pretty eloquently before, Revis equates money with prestige. He's not gonna resign for 12-14 when he can test the waters after a bounce-back season and jump ship to the highest bidder. He's gonna hold this organization hostage with his contract demands, and if we don't trade him then we'll get nothing. He'll Lebron us while we're praying he re-signs, and I'm not looking forward to that.

#112 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Revis Article

This article pretty much sums up my point on the issue. It's virtually impossible to keep the man in our situation, and if we wait till FA he'll bolt for the highest bidder. Better to get something then nothing. We've got to leave out the emotion and realistically examine what options are available that will allow us to keep Revis, because there sure aren't very many...

Tanny put us in this situation, we can blame him if we're forced to trade the greatest player in franchise history.

#113 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 28 January 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

That's all fine and dandy, but you can't necessarily compare the Jets situation to every one of those examples. The bottom line is, we have more holes than a block of Swiss cheese and paying Revis would cripple this team. Is he worth 16M a year? Probably, he's that damn good. But thanks to Tanny, the Jets are not in a position to make that a reality without hamstringing our ability to resign our own guys and attract quality free agents. If we sign Revis, we'll feel the ramifications of that financial burden for the next half-decade. Would you still be on board if it prevented us from resigning Mangold/Wilkerson/Coples/etc. and we still couldn't adequately fill current holes? It's a dangerous game when a team has as many needs as ours, and I for one vote that we start the rebuilding process immediately. This is NOT a Super Bowl team...

In almost all those cases you had one team giving away a star player to either get more players, more draft picks, or to save money. And what you guys are proposing by trading Revis is you want to give up a great player for draft picks (which is a gamble) and to save money (and trading Revis will end up costing the team MORE money). The FO dug a hole for itself and now the solution you guys have for getting out of this hole is to keep on digging. And that wouldn't cripple the team's further? And you guys keep throwing around that 16 million dollar figure as if the Jets would actually give it to him and as if Revis actually expects to get it. Plus you're basing that 16 million figure off of what "unnamed sources" have allegedly said to a tabloid newspaper. It's like back in 2010 when it was "reported" that he wanted 20 million a year. People got all upset about that and it wasn't even true. They still have to negotiate and as I've said that is something they should have been doing years ago. But no they chose to give Sanchez the extension and now we are talking about trading Revis. The reason this is NOT a Super Bowl team is because of the mismanagement by the people Woody hired. Now because of the screw ups made by Woody and company the answer is to ship Revis out of New York. But hey at least we can get some draft picks for him. Oh goody.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#114 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

OH SNAP

THE I'M WITH REVIS THROW BACK
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#115 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 28 January 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

In almost all those cases you had one team giving away a star player to either get more players, more draft picks, or to save money. And what you guys are proposing by trading Revis is you want to give up a great player for draft picks (which is a gamble) and to save money (and trading Revis will end up costing the team MORE money). The FO dug a hole for itself and now the solution you guys have for getting out of this hole is to keep on digging. And that wouldn't cripple the team's further? And you guys keep throwing around that 16 million dollar figure as if the Jets would actually give it to him and as if Revis actually expects to get it. Plus you're basing that 16 million figure off of what "unnamed sources" have allegedly said to a tabloid newspaper. It's like back in 2010 when it was "reported" that he wanted 20 million a year. People got all upset about that and it wasn't even true. They still have to negotiate and as I've said that is something they should have been doing years ago. But no they chose to give Sanchez the extension and now we are talking about trading Revis. The reason this is NOT a Super Bowl team is because of the mismanagement by the people Woody hired. Now because of the screw ups made by Woody and company the answer is to ship Revis out of New York. But hey at least we can get some draft picks for him. Oh goody.

I agree with your points. But we are here in this situation now and as much as we can do nothing - we can speculate what the right decision should be. To that end, there are 3 principal options in play. The first is to do nothing and have him play out the year.

I think we can all agree that would not be the wise decision as he could then leave and we would get nothing except a dead money cap hit on top of that. Bad option.

The second is to negotiate a long term deal now and to cover it by either trading Cro, restructuring others or back load but guarantee Revis his money. Advantage is we keep the best Jet since Namath and he makes our entire defense better. Downside is his knee becomes a problem, and we have limited cap space. And should he go down again we would be finished for years to come. Also, shut down corners have been absent from 7 of the past 8 Super Bowl winners and again this year regardless. So - can we surmise that shut down corners aren't necesssary for a Super Bowl but a severe pass rush is as well as an elite QB?

Thirdly, we trade him now and get draft choices. I know the argument that draft choices more often than not turn out to be disappointing. So that would lend us to believe that the more choices we have the better chance we have of some being really good. Tannenbaum got in trouble because he traded away our picks all the time.

So I'm conflicted. I want Revis to stay but I believe you win Super Bowls with an elite QB, a top offensive line and a strong pass rush. Getting an extra 1 and 3 this year would certainly help us go a long way toward righting this ship.

#116 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Where are you guys getting this $12M figure from?

#117 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 January 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

Where are you guys getting this $12M figure from?

That would make him the highest paid CB in the game, his last contract he signed for 11.5 mil a year.
Posted Image

#118 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 29 January 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

That would make him the highest paid CB in the game, his last contract he signed for 11.5 mil a year.

You guys are wishful thinking. He's looking for Mario money

#119 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 January 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

You guys are wishful thinking. He's looking for Mario money

Pass rushers make more than CBs.
Posted Image

#120 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 29 January 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

Pass rushers make more than CBs.

Yeah....and rEvis wants to be not only the higest paid CB, but the higest paid Defensive player in the league period. What's laughable is all of you that are saying to pay him all believe that he's going to come back without missing a beat & be the same player he was after the injury. It's funny though that he wasn't the same player coming off his holdout was he? That was only a few weeks. He'll be gone a lot longer than just a few weeks this time. But yet.....let's throw better than Mario Williams money at him. I seriously have to stop reading this thread because it's nothing more than talking to a bunch of Revis fans rather than actual Jets fans.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users