NYJetsFan.com Forums: ***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Today, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Resize Shouts Area

  • (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • Last »

***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** merged by Harlem

#121 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,040
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 29 January 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Yeah....and rEvis wants to be not only the higest paid CB, but the higest paid Defensive player in the league period. What's laughable is all of you that are saying to pay him all believe that he's going to come back without missing a beat & be the same player he was after the injury. It's funny though that he wasn't the same player coming off his holdout was he? That was only a few weeks. He'll be gone a lot longer than just a few weeks this time. But yet.....let's throw better than Mario Williams money at him. I seriously have to stop reading this thread because it's nothing more than talking to a bunch of Revis fans rather than actual Jets fans.



Yes he was, he struggled a bit when he had the hamstring injury but once he got haelthy he was dominant again and finished as the top CB in the league. And that is different than coming back from a ACL injury. Why can't we believe he will come back and dominate? There were a few players that came back last season and dominated, Revis has a advantage over those guys since his injury happened early in the season so he had more time to heal. ACL injuries aren't as bad as they used to be guys come back quicker and stronger than in the past.

And I have yet to hear from Revis or his people that he wants to be the highest paid defensive player, that seems more like speculation than actual fact.
Posted Image
0

#122 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,040
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

https://pbs.twimg.co...IlxA4.jpg:large
Revis doing lateral sledge walks
Posted Image
0

#123 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,672
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 29 January 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Yes he was, he struggled a bit when he had the hamstring injury but once he got haelthy he was dominant again and finished as the top CB in the league. And that is different than coming back from a ACL injury. Why can't we believe he will come back and dominate? There were a few players that came back last season and dominated, Revis has a advantage over those guys since his injury happened early in the season so he had more time to heal. ACL injuries aren't as bad as they used to be guys come back quicker and stronger than in the past.

And I have yet to hear from Revis or his people that he wants to be the highest paid defensive player, that seems more like speculation than actual fact.


My guess is revis won't make a fuss right now and won't even want a new deal right now. He'll want to prove he's healthy and up his value and be a free agent next year. here are all the scenerios and why it kinda sucks for us no matter what

1) revis decides to play out his final year
a) he comes back to true form and dominates. stays healthy and his value sky rockets. we can't franchise him. he'll take the best deal and we probably lose him. also his performance won't help cause we aren't gonna compete this year
b) he struggles coming back from injury, his value is low. he'll sign a 1 year deal with us (like landry) to re-establish his value and then it'll be the same as "A" but a year later.

2) we trade revis
a) we get low value due to coming off an injury, revis goes elsewhere and signs a big deal. anyone who trades will pay him to keep him locked up. we lose the best CB of this generation for draft picks which may or may not pan out
b) we get good value in return via a player and a pick, but teh player still needs to be paid and woulda been better off giving the money to revis. we still lose

3) we give revis money now. he'll want a big deal. we can't short him due to the injury cause he'll never take it. he'll do option 1 instead.
a) he returns to being revis and dominates but we still have a bunch of money tied up into him and no QB
b) he pulls the chad pennington and never returns to form. then we have a bunch of dead weight money and still no QB


honestly we will never win in this situation lol
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#124 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,291
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 29 January 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

And I have yet to hear from Revis or his people that he wants to be the highest paid defensive player, that seems more like speculation than actual fact.



And speculation is all it is. The people talking about Revis wants to make more money than Mario Williams have no credible evidence that Revis has ever said he wants to make more than Mario Williams.

From Mark Cannizzaro:

Quote

According to someone familiar with his thinking, Revis is seeking a contract similar to or “just north of’’ the deal the Bills gave defensive end Mario Williams — six years, $96 million with $50 million guaranteed. That is the largest contract for a defensive player in NFL history.


"According to someone familiar with his thinking"? That's what you guys are basing your "he wants more money than Mario" argument on? It's going to take more than an unnamed source before I start to believe that. When Revis himself or his agent says he wants more than what Mario Williams got, then and only then will I believe it.

What this all comes down to is you're either still upset over the 2010 holdout or you're afraid he walks away after the 2013 season and the Jets get nothing in return. If it's the former then you just need to get over it. But if it's the latter that is a legitimate argument. But I would at least like to negotiate with the man first before we start talking about trading him. Like I said the FO should have been in negotiations with Revis since before last year. No what the Jets FO thought back when they re-signed Revis in 2010, is that we would have won the Super Bowl by now and so if we had a SB they could let Revis go after 2013 because we would've gotten the Super Bowl monkey off our backs by now.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#125 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 29 January 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

"According to someone familiar with his thinking"? That's what you guys are basing your "he wants more money than Mario" argument on? It's going to take more than an unnamed source before I start to believe that. When Revis himself or his agent says he wants more than what Mario Williams got, then and only then will I believe it.


It's fanboy logic that got you thinking this way. In 2010, Revis made a big stink about how he's the best CB and he deserves to be paid the most. The only reason he signed his current deal is because it was (according to him) presented as a short term solution that would be a "bandaid" deal. He's clearly looking for a ton of money, only an idiot would think that he's not.

"Sources tell the New York Post that Revis is seeking a contract “just north of” Mario Williams‘ pact with the Bills — six years, $96 million with $50 million guaranteed. ESPNNewYork confirmed as much, adding that Revis is “believed” to be looking for $16 million annually and $60 million guaranteed."

Yea, I know, it says "sources", it's not concrete. But you know what I'm seeing? I see a lot of rumors about how Revis wants a big contract, and none that he wants anything less. We know Revis thinks he needs to be highly paid, get your hand out of the sand.
0

#126 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,291
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 January 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

It's fanboy logic that got you thinking this way. In 2010, Revis made a big stink about how he's the best CB and he deserves to be paid the most. The only reason he signed his current deal is because it was (according to him) presented as a short term solution that would be a "bandaid" deal. He's clearly looking for a ton of money, only an idiot would think that he's not.

"Sources tell the New York Post that Revis is seeking a contract “just north of” Mario Williams‘ pact with the Bills — six years, $96 million with $50 million guaranteed. ESPNNewYork confirmed as much, adding that Revis is “believed” to be looking for $16 million annually and $60 million guaranteed."

Yea, I know, it says "sources", it's not concrete. But you know what I'm seeing? I see a lot of rumors about how Revis wants a big contract, and none that he wants anything less. We know Revis thinks he needs to be highly paid, get your hand out of the sand.


"Sources" and the "New York Post," Enough said. Bullshit from a bullshit newspaper that's all it is. All of these rumors are just that, rumors. You don't have one shred of evidence that any of these rumors are even remotely true. You only CHOOSE to believe these rumors so you can play Fantasy GM. Like I said Revis could ask for the 16 million he's rumored to be asking for (just like the rumors that said he wanted 20 million in 2010 that turned out to be false). That doesn't mean he'll get it or that he even if expects to get it. But keep on believing the rumors so you can continue to fantasize about all the players the Jets can draft with the draft picks we'll get if Revis is traded.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#127 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

I don't know how anyone can think Revis doesn't want to be the highest paid D player in football. He's held out twice already in his career and it is public record that he wants to be the highest paid CB. It's only reasonable to think he will want $16-20 million as opposed to something lower, based on his track record.

That being said, he has every right in the world to ask for that. He balls every time he's on the field and football players need to secure as much money as possible in a short amount of time, playing a game with such a high risk of injury. He already took one "band-aid" contract and he tore his ACL during the duration of it.

The Jets front office is not in an enviable position. Either pony up the money for your best player and limit moves in other areas, or trade him away so as not to risk losing him for nothing while alienating a segment of fans in the process.

Welcome to NY, Idzik!
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#128 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,040
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

The first holdout was all Tannenbaum's fault for him trying to force that 6th year on him while other guys around him got 5 year deals. The second was because the Jets had a hard time doing that contract with other factors at the time, like the uncertainty with the league cap and uncertainty of who was buying the naming rights to the stadium. That is why they did a bandaid solution, so they could work on a contract again when things were more settled. If Revis is really aiming to be the highest paid defensive player, that would put him way way in front of any other CB in pay. The highest paid CB makes like 11.5 mil a year. Pass rushers always make the most money on defense. If Revis was offered a contract that made him the highest paid CB and turned it down because he wants more than Mario Williams, than we'll see but its all speculation that he wants the most ever for a defensive player.
Posted Image
0

#129 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 30 January 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

The first holdout was all Tannenbaum's fault for him trying to force that 6th year on him while other guys around him got 5 year deals. The second was because the Jets had a hard time doing that contract with other factors at the time, like the uncertainty with the league cap and uncertainty of who was buying the naming rights to the stadium. That is why they did a bandaid solution, so they could work on a contract again when things were more settled. If Revis is really aiming to be the highest paid defensive player, that would put him way way in front of any other CB in pay. The highest paid CB makes like 11.5 mil a year. Pass rushers always make the most money on defense. If Revis was offered a contract that made him the highest paid CB and turned it down because he wants more than Mario Williams, than we'll see but its all speculation that he wants the most ever for a defensive player.


Please. Trying to say the second holdout wasn't at least partially on Revis is laughable. He held out until the week leading up to the opening game, but some of the blame isn't on him?

He wanted to be the highest paid CB last time this happened, yet it became publicly known he was asking for more than just that. He wanted that $15 million range. If all he wanted was $12 million, he would have been locked up then.

Again, I don't blame him, and I'm not a Revis hater. I'm a realist and sometime you gotta call it like it is.

"You are what your record says you are."
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#130 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,040
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Quote

Tomlinson believes it would be a mistake to trade Darrelle Revis, but he thinks that could happen because "Rex Ryan's silence in the whole thing about Revis has spoken volumes to me that something is actually happening."

He also said of a potential trade, "I feel because of the situation that they're in, the Jets feel like that's the only way they can make some headway in turning this roster around, getting more athletes on the roster, more athletes that can perform better.

"At the same time, the guy is the best defensive player in the league. To me, you win championships with defense. So, in a passing league, how can you get rid of Revis? I don't know if that's the best decision to make, to get rid of the best defensive player in the league."

Tomlinson said the Jets would miss Revis' leadership, the way he helps young players. He said Revis has made Antonio Cromartie a better player.

"I just think sometimes organizations make decisions based on strictly business when you can't replace a guy like Revis," Tomlinson said.

Posted Image
0

#131 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,032
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 29 January 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

"Sources" and the "New York Post," Enough said. Bullshit from a bullshit newspaper that's all it is. All of these rumors are just that, rumors. You don't have one shred of evidence that any of these rumors are even remotely true. You only CHOOSE to believe these rumors so you can play Fantasy GM. Like I said Revis could ask for the 16 million he's rumored to be asking for (just like the rumors that said he wanted 20 million in 2010 that turned out to be false). That doesn't mean he'll get it or that he even if expects to get it. But keep on believing the rumors so you can continue to fantasize about all the players the Jets can draft with the draft picks we'll get if Revis is traded.


http://youtu.be/rmx4twCK3_Ihttp://youtu.be/rmx4twCK3_I
Posted Image
0

#132 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,672
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 30 January 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

Please. Trying to say the second holdout wasn't at least partially on Revis is laughable. He held out until the week leading up to the opening game, but some of the blame isn't on him?

He wanted to be the highest paid CB last time this happened, yet it became publicly known he was asking for more than just that. He wanted that $15 million range. If all he wanted was $12 million, he would have been locked up then.

Again, I don't blame him, and I'm not a Revis hater. I'm a realist and sometime you gotta call it like it is.

"You are what your record says you are."


revis never held out to be the highest paid D player in the league. he held out to be teh highest paid CB. I have no problem making him teh highest paid CB.

right now he and aso are tie at 12 mil a season. If he wants 13 i'd give it to him. Mario is making over 19. I don't think revis can ask for 7+ mil over the 2nd highest paid CB
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#133 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: 03-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toledo, OH

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Revis article

The first article on the page is another good analysis of our situation and our available options.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB
0

#134 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 January 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

revis never held out to be the highest paid D player in the league. he held out to be teh highest paid CB. I have no problem making him teh highest paid CB.

right now he and aso are tie at 12 mil a season. If he wants 13 i'd give it to him. Mario is making over 19. I don't think revis can ask for 7+ mil over the 2nd highest paid CB


No, he is not tied with Aso. He accepted a deal that was essentially $16 million per year the first two years. Don't be fooled by "4 years, $46 million".

You say he is happy being the highest paid CB, yet didn't sign his deal until he got something where he averaged $16 million for the first two years. It was common knowledge that the deal was a band-aid for the first two season, but then he decided not to hold out last year and played under the 3rd year of that deal the way it was structured. Had he made it through last year healthy, I find it hard to believe he would be playing out this upcoming season without a new deal. But whether or not that's true, it's not the point.

Now that he went through an injury and truly realizes nothing is guaranteed health-wise in this game, don't think for a second he won't be aiming for at least that $16 million per year threshold again. There's too many signs pointing in that direction to think otherwise.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#135 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,596
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

You guys keep asking for quotes of Revis saying he wants to be at least the highest paid at his position? Here ya go:
http://www.nypost.co...srAxHemdTGj2ByJ

This is from 2010 when he held out last time because he wanted to be paid more than Nnamdi.

Asked if it’s important for him to be the highest-paid cornerback in the league, making at least the $15.1 million average that Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha (three-year, $45.3 million deal), Revis didn’t flinch.

“I think that is fair,’’ he said. “I have talked to coach (Rex) Ryan and (GM Mike) Tannenbaum and they believe I should be the highest paid player at my position. They understand that and I understand that.

“I don’t think anybody would want to settle for less if they were in my situation right now. It’s going to get done. This is family to me; the Jets are family to me and I trust them and respect them and I hope they would do the same.’’


So if he called his last deal only a band-aid, you don't think he's going to want at least 16 this go round?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#136 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,672
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 30 January 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

No, he is not tied with Aso. He accepted a deal that was essentially $16 million per year the first two years. Don't be fooled by "4 years, $46 million".

You say he is happy being the highest paid CB, yet didn't sign his deal until he got something where he averaged $16 million for the first two years. It was common knowledge that the deal was a band-aid for the first two season, but then he decided not to hold out last year and played under the 3rd year of that deal the way it was structured. Had he made it through last year healthy, I find it hard to believe he would be playing out this upcoming season without a new deal. But whether or not that's true, it's not the point.

Now that he went through an injury and truly realizes nothing is guaranteed health-wise in this game, don't think for a second he won't be aiming for at least that $16 million per year threshold again. There's too many signs pointing in that direction to think otherwise.


Umm i think your fooled lol?

yes it was 32 mil in the 1st 2 years (aka 16 mil a year) then 8 mil a year average for the next 2 (which was last year and this year) so his 4 year deal will pay him out an average of 12 mil a season. it was a compromise because the raiders gave aso 15.1 mil a season for 3 years and he had 2 years left averaging about 15.1 mil. revis wanted more then him but MT pointed out ti wasn't on a LTD and they both got what they wanted. revis was teh highest paid for 2 years and MT got his 12 mil a year contract which was basically the fair market value for revis when you throw away the stupid contract the raiders gave aso.

It was a great job by MT to give revis what he wanted while still getting fair market vlaue in return. and also putting in a claus that revis couldn't hold uot for the 4 years ensured that he wouldn't have to go through this again after revis got his inital 32 mil. this seaosn we are gettign a huge baragin on someliek like revis
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#137 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,672
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 30 January 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

You guys keep asking for quotes of Revis saying he wants to be at least the highest paid at his position? Here ya go:
http://www.nypost.co...srAxHemdTGj2ByJ

This is from 2010 when he held out last time because he wanted to be paid more than Nnamdi.

Asked if it’s important for him to be the highest-paid cornerback in the league, making at least the $15.1 million average that Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha (three-year, $45.3 million deal), Revis didn’t flinch.

“I think that is fair,’’ he said. “I have talked to coach (Rex) Ryan and (GM Mike) Tannenbaum and they believe I should be the highest paid player at my position. They understand that and I understand that.

“I don’t think anybody would want to settle for less if they were in my situation right now. It’s going to get done. This is family to me; the Jets are family to me and I trust them and respect them and I hope they would do the same.’’


So if he called his last deal only a band-aid, you don't think he's going to want at least 16 this go round?


highest at his position is different tehn highest on defense. aso is the next highest from revis at about 12 mil a year. so 12.5 mil would be highest or a 5 years 62.5 million dollar deal. which is nto bad for a guy like revis. high played player on defense means he would get over 19 mil a year like mario got. thats a 7 mil a season difference. Nowhere did revis say he wants to be the highest paid defender. just thathe's the best CB and should be paid as the best, which is fair. Diff positions get more money. QBs, LTs, and Pass rushers make more then any position and Kickers make the least. its their value. revis won't get paid like a pas rusher becuase he isn't a pas rusher. but he will get paid liek the best CB becuase he is the best CB
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#138 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 January 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Umm i think your fooled lol?

yes it was 32 mil in the 1st 2 years (aka 16 mil a year) then 8 mil a year average for the next 2 (which was last year and this year) so his 4 year deal will pay him out an average of 12 mil a season. it was a compromise because the raiders gave aso 15.1 mil a season for 3 years and he had 2 years left averaging about 15.1 mil. revis wanted more then him but MT pointed out ti wasn't on a LTD and they both got what they wanted. revis was teh highest paid for 2 years and MT got his 12 mil a year contract which was basically the fair market value for revis when you throw away the stupid contract the raiders gave aso.

It was a great job by MT to give revis what he wanted while still getting fair market vlaue in return. and also putting in a claus that revis couldn't hold uot for the 4 years ensured that he wouldn't have to go through this again after revis got his inital 32 mil. this seaosn we are gettign a huge baragin on someliek like revis


No, I'm not fooled. The point is - and you seem to admit it - that he wanted his $16 million then and there's nothing out there that should make anyone think he won't want it now.

The fact he missed an entire season due to injury should only make him want a big time payday even more. I don't say that as a Revis hater, I say that as a matter of common sense. He needs to get as much guaranteed money as possible on his next contract, and he has every right to do so.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#139 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,672
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

View Postsexyrexy, on 31 January 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

No, I'm not fooled. The point is - and you seem to admit it - that he wanted his $16 million then and there's nothing out there that should make anyone think he won't want it now.

The fact he missed an entire season due to injury should only make him want a big time payday even more. I don't say that as a Revis hater, I say that as a matter of common sense. He needs to get as much guaranteed money as possible on his next contract, and he has every right to do so.


Fooled or not, your still missing the point. the point was he wanted to be the highest paid CB and aso was making like 15+ mil so revis wanted more then him, even if only by a dollar. it wasn't the number of 16mil he wanted, it was knowing he was the highest paid at his position. the aso deal was a fluke. Now aso makes 12 mil which is a more manageable number. Revis will want more then aso which right now is only 12.1 mil not 16 mil. and he certainly never said he wants more then mario
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#140 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 31 January 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

Fooled or not, your still missing the point. the point was he wanted to be the highest paid CB and aso was making like 15+ mil so revis wanted more then him, even if only by a dollar. it wasn't the number of 16mil he wanted, it was knowing he was the highest paid at his position. the aso deal was a fluke. Now aso makes 12 mil which is a more manageable number. Revis will want more then aso which right now is only 12.1 mil not 16 mil. and he certainly never said he wants more then mario


I'm not missing anything. He's not taking a pay cut. Let's be real here.

You don't demand a number one year and then four years later take a pay cut as the best player at your position.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

  • (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • Last »


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users