NYJetsFan.com Forums: ***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 September 2014 - 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:05 PM) SPIDER Y 2 BANANA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:44 PM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:54 PM) Eagles need to START SANCHEZ abandon the foles ship
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) Good morning
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) The title race is REAL
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) Liverpool wtf pk minute 90
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) 05 probably doing an air guitar
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 04:34 PM) How was milber?
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 09:25 PM) Milber for prez
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 11:57 AM) santana you've ruined this site
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:01 PM) Cool you should share your thoughts in a post
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:02 PM) Round up the guys and be like hey we hate this guy so what can we do to fix what's broken
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:05 PM) meh no thanks, everyone else is fine. i just hop on every now and then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:07 PM) Enjoy your stay then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:09 PM) Seems like the jets could be without decker for a while
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) UEFA TIME
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) Mawae 2015 Hof for sure
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 03:35 PM) Jeromeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jetsrule1006 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 07:50 PM) The real question is why isn't #68 jersey retired
FlyHiJets Icon : (18 September 2014 - 10:57 AM) #68 should get retired but considering he didn't end his career with us............
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 11:18 AM) Decker is practing today, hopefully he's fine. I finally can watch a jets game live this Monday night
santana Icon : (18 September 2014 - 01:30 PM) That's good
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:11 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:11 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:27 PM) agreed
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:49 PM) Oh hey there buddy
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:52 PM) harlem whats up dude
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:57 PM) Nada much man getting ready to watch this game
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:58 PM) watching Kansas State shoot themselves
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 07:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 08:35 PM) Should have signed Hester.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 08:36 PM) this game might be the worst game I have ever watched, pretty pathetic.
azjetfan Icon : (18 September 2014 - 09:31 PM) With our complete disaster of a secondary I am a little surprised we have not either signed a guy like Samuel or made a trade
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) Milliner also has a quad now. It really makes sense just to sit him until he is 100%. Lets get healthy instead of risking injury or letting Marshal go 80 for a TD.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:53 PM) Looks like Milliner will sit this week. Has not practiced this week.
santana Icon : (Today, 04:20 PM) WOO! Real! 8-2 shooting practice
santana Icon : (Today, 04:21 PM) boo Liverpool
santana Icon : (Today, 04:21 PM) FIRE RAUL!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:21 PM) idzik for admin! Milber for moderator!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:32 PM) http://gifwall.net/g...a3jjPhnyiS0.gif
Resize Shouts Area

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** merged by Harlem

#141 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 31 January 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

I'm not missing anything. He's not taking a pay cut. Let's be real here.

You don't demand a number one year and then four years later take a pay cut as the best player at your position.

how is it a paycut?

he signed a 4 year 48 million dollar deal (12 mil a season) its irrelevent that his contract was frontloaded to earn him 32 million over the 1st 2 years. even if we gave him a 4 year deal again and did it at 50 million is stil a pay raise and he is still the highest paid CB in the league. I really don't get what you are not understanding? PLayers worth is that of their skill in comparison to others at their position with suppply and demand mixed in.

For instance if tom brady signes a 5 years 100 million dollar deal and drew bress next year goes i should be the higest paid and gets a 5 year 110 million then the following year peyton manning gets a 5 years 120 million etc etc.

revis got 12 mil a year and had the highest contract of a CB. yes he will get more this time then 12 mil a year but he isn't getting the 20 mil you are implying he wants and he never said he wanted. he wanst to be the highest paid CB and he already is. so even 12.5 mil a season over 4 years makes him teh highest paid CB in the NFL and is a raise over what he was making
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#142 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 31 January 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

PLayers worth is that of their skill in comparison to others at their position with suppply and demand mixed in.

Thank you for saying that. That means that Revis is NOT worth the kind of money said to be asking for. The words HE used in 2010 saying he wanted more than 15.1 million per year. Obviously, Revis can't be compared to others at the position because NO ONE knows how he will be able to play & considering that Cromartie managed to lead the secondary to a BETTER finish than when Revis was on board, your way of thinking would have Cro being paid that much too.

But of course, you & the other fake Jets but really Revis fans will all claim that it was due to the run defense. Well....if you check something, our D-line didn't do THAT much worse considering they only allowed .4 ypc avg more & teams only ran the ball 48 more times throughout the season. So you're telling me a whole 3 attempts per game made that much of a difference in the pass D? I think not. Let's not forget also that our run D finished 30th in the league in the 2010 season. We finished 26th this year. I believe that the run defense argument just got shot to $hit.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#143 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 31 January 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Thank you for saying that. That means that Revis is NOT worth the kind of money said to be asking for. The words HE used in 2010 saying he wanted more than 15.1 million per year. Obviously, Revis can't be compared to others at the position because NO ONE knows how he will be able to play & considering that Cromartie managed to lead the secondary to a BETTER finish than when Revis was on board, your way of thinking would have Cro being paid that much too.

But of course, you & the other fake Jets but really Revis fans will all claim that it was due to the run defense. Well....if you check something, our D-line didn't do THAT much worse considering they only allowed .4 ypc avg more & teams only ran the ball 48 more times throughout the season. So you're telling me a whole 3 attempts per game made that much of a difference in the pass D? I think not. Let's not forget also that our run D finished 30th in the league in the 2010 season. We finished 26th this year. I believe that the run defense argument just got shot to $hit.

Whoa, hold up. Who elected you the decider of who is and is not a a real Jets fan? We can't have one post on this board mentioning Darrelle Revis without you throwing shit at him and calling him things like "little street thug." Plus you failed to mention that the Jets were out rushed in 7 of the 10 losses. Again the reason the pass defense got better STATISTICALLY is because the opponents could run the ball at will. I don't understand what's so difficult to understand about that. Then again is Revis told you today was Thursday you'd swear he was a liar and that today was a Monday.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#144 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 31 January 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

how is it a paycut?

he signed a 4 year 48 million dollar deal (12 mil a season) its irrelevent that his contract was frontloaded to earn him 32 million over the 1st 2 years. even if we gave him a 4 year deal again and did it at 50 million is stil a pay raise and he is still the highest paid CB in the league. I really don't get what you are not understanding? PLayers worth is that of their skill in comparison to others at their position with suppply and demand mixed in.

For instance if tom brady signes a 5 years 100 million dollar deal and drew bress next year goes i should be the higest paid and gets a 5 year 110 million then the following year peyton manning gets a 5 years 120 million etc etc.

revis got 12 mil a year and had the highest contract of a CB. yes he will get more this time then 12 mil a year but he isn't getting the 20 mil you are implying he wants and he never said he wanted. he wanst to be the highest paid CB and he already is. so even 12.5 mil a season over 4 years makes him teh highest paid CB in the NFL and is a raise over what he was making

I understand how math and business work, thank you.

You continue to miss my point in an effort to push yours. Everyone anticipated the contract would be reworked before the end of the 4th year. He wasn't going to sign that extension until he got paid his $16 million a year. I realize how the last two years of the deal are structured - and also remember the final year hasn't even happened yet. What I'm saying is it's moot and the fact he played under the deal last year was a shock to a lot of people. Coming off an injury, he won't and shouldn't settle for a pay cut from those first two years. That's the mindset of players who want to make as much money possible during their short shelf life. And it should be.

I'll happily eat crow if I'm proven wrong, but I don't see that happening.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#145 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Some of you remind me of that band from the Titanic that kept playing when the ship was sinking.

#146 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 31 January 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

Why would you use a quote form 3 years ago when he was negotiating a different contract and pertain it to a discussion now. he wanted 15.1 because aso was the highest paid CB at 15 mil. now revis is tied with aso as highest paid at 12 mil. also revis has not stated anything about a new contract or a number yet. he'll most likely test the market. but if his only goal is to be highest at his position, then 12.5 mil is more then enough
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#147 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 31 January 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

Whoa, hold up. Who elected you the decider of who is and is not a a real Jets fan? We can't have one post on this board mentioning Darrelle Revis without you throwing shit at him and calling him things like "little street thug." Plus you failed to mention that the Jets were out rushed in 7 of the 10 losses. Again the reason the pass defense got better STATISTICALLY is because the opponents could run the ball at will. I don't understand what's so difficult to understand about that. Then again is Revis told you today was Thursday you'd swear he was a liar and that today was a Monday.

exactly. when teams are winning by 30 points cause the offense spotted them 3 TDs with buttfumbles they are gonna just run teh clock out. and teams were having veyr good success running the ball on us. The pass defense was ranked good becuase teams didn't pass much

View Postsexyrexy, on 31 January 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

I understand how math and business work, thank you.

You continue to miss my point in an effort to push yours. Everyone anticipated the contract would be reworked before the end of the 4th year. He wasn't going to sign that extension until he got paid his $16 million a year. I realize how the last two years of the deal are structured - and also remember the final year hasn't even happened yet. What I'm saying is it's moot and the fact he played under the deal last year was a shock to a lot of people. Coming off an injury, he won't and shouldn't settle for a pay cut from those first two years. That's the mindset of players who want to make as much money possible during their short shelf life. And it should be.

I'll happily eat crow if I'm proven wrong, but I don't see that happening.

you can't say that its a paycut based on the 1st 2 years. he got an 18 million dollar roster bonus for year 2 lol. his salary wasn't even high, it was all in bonus's, he sin't taking a paycut. he enver had a contract that averaged 16 million a year. the highest contract revis ever had is his current one at 12 mil a eyar. him and aso are the highest paid CBs at 12 mil a year. if he wanted 16 that would be a 25% raise, and even then its still way less then the 20 mil people are accusing him of wanting.

you realzie all you guys are doing is accusing him of asking for something he hasn't asked for? and using quoted from 3 years ago to try and prove a point?

Lets break it down to facts. only 100% facts, nothing else

facts
1) revis contract is at 12 mil a season right now
2) revis and aso are the 2 highest paid CBs in the NFL at 12 mil a year
3) aso isn't getting a raise since he has 3 years left and dind't really play up to it anyway
4) when revis hist the free agnet market no CB will be gettign paid more then 12 mil a season
5) revis the best CB in the NFL

based on those facts revis deserves to be the highest paid CB in the NFL, however the highest paid is him currently at 12 mil a year. assuming he wants a raise which i wuldn't blame him for, nowhere can you say he wants 4-8 mil a year more. even 14 million a season is a good raise for him. PLus alot comes upfron in bonus's. if he signes a 5 year deal he'll probably get a 20-30 million dollar bonus cash in his pocket. agin its all speculation the main thing the FACTS provide is that the market value for a top tier CB stands at 12 million
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#148 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 31 January 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

exactly. when teams are winning by 30 points cause the offense spotted them 3 TDs with buttfumbles they are gonna just run teh clock out. and teams were having veyr good success running the ball on us. The pass defense was ranked good becuase teams didn't pass much

you can't say that its a paycut based on the 1st 2 years. he got an 18 million dollar roster bonus for year 2 lol. his salary wasn't even high, it was all in bonus's, he sin't taking a paycut. he enver had a contract that averaged 16 million a year. the highest contract revis ever had is his current one at 12 mil a eyar. him and aso are the highest paid CBs at 12 mil a year. if he wanted 16 that would be a 25% raise, and even then its still way less then the 20 mil people are accusing him of wanting.

you realzie all you guys are doing is accusing him of asking for something he hasn't asked for? and using quoted from 3 years ago to try and prove a point?

Lets break it down to facts. only 100% facts, nothing else

facts
1) revis contract is at 12 mil a season right now
2) revis and aso are the 2 highest paid CBs in the NFL at 12 mil a year
3) aso isn't getting a raise since he has 3 years left and dind't really play up to it anyway
4) when revis hist the free agnet market no CB will be gettign paid more then 12 mil a season
5) revis the best CB in the NFL

based on those facts revis deserves to be the highest paid CB in the NFL, however the highest paid is him currently at 12 mil a year. assuming he wants a raise which i wuldn't blame him for, nowhere can you say he wants 4-8 mil a year more. even 14 million a season is a good raise for him. PLus alot comes upfron in bonus's. if he signes a 5 year deal he'll probably get a 20-30 million dollar bonus cash in his pocket. agin its all speculation the main thing the FACTS provide is that the market value for a top tier CB stands at 12 million

So what your saying is Revis won't want to make more than Aso was 3 years ago? Ok, gotcha...
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#149 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 01 February 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

So what your saying is Revis won't want to make more than Aso was 3 years ago? Ok, gotcha...

Yes the market has changed. Supply, demand, and NFL cap along with the new CBA has changes salary structures. Thats called an economy. the aso deal was a fluke. No CB before that got over 11 mil, The problem was they had franchised him a few times so if they tried to franchise him again he would have gotten drew brees money. so to the stupid raiders it made sense. the reality was it was nothing more then the raider essentially franchising him. SO you can word it how you want to try and make me look wrong, but the fact remains i'm still right and your an ass for even attemtping to pull off your little troll move
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#150 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 01 February 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

Yes the market has changed. Supply, demand, and NFL cap along with the new CBA has changes salary structures. Thats called an economy. the aso deal was a fluke. No CB before that got over 11 mil, The problem was they had franchised him a few times so if they tried to franchise him again he would have gotten drew brees money. so to the stupid raiders it made sense. the reality was it was nothing more then the raider essentially franchising him. SO you can word it how you want to try and make me look wrong, but the fact remains i'm still right and your an ass for even attemtping to pull off your little troll move

Says the man trying to lecture the law student on supply and demand.

Sure, the Jets front office may agree with you, but supply and demand goes out the window when egos are involved. We aren't discussing a simple formula of quantity of goods. It's a player and how that player and his representation feel he should be compensated.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"

#151 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 31 January 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

This is the problem in its entirety. Revis is likely over estimating his value and the market could be adjusting for CBs. The problem is, he won't take anyone's word for it. He'll do what you just said... enter Free Agency and see what he's worth. This is a Catch 22. Once Revis enters FA, he's as good as gone. We're going to have to bid against 31 other teams for his services. If he leaves, we'll get nothing. Revis may very well accept $12M from the Jets, but he won't do so until he explores his options, and with no Franchise Tag as a tump card, we got a lot to lose. This is why I think the Jets will trade him.

#152 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 01 February 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

I've got some supply and demand for you. Supply: there's only 1 Revis; Demand: everyfuckingbody wants him. Now you tell me where this is headed. Secondhand is absolutely right, Revis won't sign with us unless we back up the Brinks truck, cause he's gonna wanna see what he can get in FA. And once FA hits, we won't be the highest bidder and we'll be left grasping at air.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#153 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 02 February 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

I've got some supply and demand for you. Supply: there's only 1 Revis; Demand: everyfuckingbody wants him. Now you tell me where this is headed. Secondhand is absolutely right, Revis won't sign with us unless we back up the Brinks truck, cause he's gonna wanna see what he can get in FA. And once FA hits, we won't be the highest bidder and we'll be left grasping at air.

I don't think Revis wants to hit FA, I think he would prefer to be paid before that. From all indications, he is very happy with the Jets and wants to remain a Jet for the rest of his career. Star players usually don't hit FA, if you can get paid before it you get paid because its risky playing a season on a 1 year deal. He knows that very well, considering he just tore his ACL. All he cares about is that guaranteed money.
Posted Image

#154 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 02 February 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

I don't think Revis wants to hit FA, I think he would prefer to be paid before that. From all indications, he is very happy with the Jets and wants to remain a Jet for the rest of his career. Star players usually don't hit FA, if you can get paid before it you get paid because its risky playing a season on a 1 year deal. He knows that very well, considering he just tore his ACL. All he cares about is that guaranteed money.

I started out hating the idea of trading my favorite Jet. Now I have come to believe that this might be the best idea for us in the long run. Super Bowls are not won y CB's. They are won with elite QB's, great offensive lines and a strong pass rush. We are 0-3 in these areas.

How do we get there before we are all too old to care? And as we are going to release Scott, Pace, Thomas, Smith, Smith, Tebow, and hopefully not resign Slauson, Keller, Landry, Pouha, Greene, we will have lots of holes to fill.

Here's an idea. Trade Revis to a team like Detroit who drafts 5 and is considering Millner the CB with that pick for their 5 and second round choice. Any team that wants to draft Millner should be willing to trade for Revis as one is the best and the other is unproven. Then trade down our 9 if possible for a 13-16 and a second round choice. That would give us 2 number 1's and 3 number 2's. Finally, trade our 3rd or 4th round pick to Seattle for Matt Flynn. I would even throw in Sanchez and agree to pick up 75% of his salary. Carrol likes him and may be willing to take him as his backup if the price is right. And Idzik probably likes Flynn as he was part of the organization that got him from the Packers. After all, we save as much on Revis as it costs for Sanchez and the cost for Flynn is offset by the low cost for these draft choices.

Now we can use those top 5 picks to take a top CB, OLB, G, S, maybe another OLB orTE in the draft and have our QB in place.

Of course this is wishful thinking and it depends on us making good choices but at least it's a plan to build through the draft. And we might even be able to squeeze enough money for one free agent WR or RB like Bowe or Ivory.

#155 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

View Postchocomag, on 02 February 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

I started out hating the idea of trading my favorite Jet. Now I have come to believe that this might be the best idea for us in the long run. Super Bowls are not won y CB's. They are won with elite QB's, great offensive lines and a strong pass rush. We are 0-3 in these areas.

How do we get there before we are all too old to care? And as we are going to release Scott, Pace, Thomas, Smith, Smith, Tebow, and hopefully not resign Slauson, Keller, Landry, Pouha, Greene, we will have lots of holes to fill.

Here's an idea. Trade Revis to a team like Detroit who drafts 5 and is considering Millner the CB with that pick for their 5 and second round choice. Any team that wants to draft Millner should be willing to trade for Revis as one is the best and the other is unproven. Then trade down our 9 if possible for a 13-16 and a second round choice. That would give us 2 number 1's and 3 number 2's. Finally, trade our 3rd or 4th round pick to Seattle for Matt Flynn. I would even throw in Sanchez and agree to pick up 75% of his salary. Carrol likes him and may be willing to take him as his backup if the price is right. And Idzik probably likes Flynn as he was part of the organization that got him from the Packers. After all, we save as much on Revis as it costs for Sanchez and the cost for Flynn is offset by the low cost for these draft choices.

Now we can use those top 5 picks to take a top CB, OLB, G, S, maybe another OLB orTE in the draft and have our QB in place.

Of course this is wishful thinking and it depends on us making good choices but at least it's a plan to build through the draft. And we might even be able to squeeze enough money for one free agent WR or RB like Bowe or Ivory.

Thats pretty much my line of thinking as well. I am as big of a revis fan as anyone. The dude is a stud but if we really have to kill this team to keep him here I say trade him. Revis being traded off can potentially lead to 5 new starters with the salary we wouldn't have to pay him and the picks he would provide for the team.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#156 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

View Postchocomag, on 02 February 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

No way in the world Detroit would make that trade. They wouldn't give up their 1st and 2nd round picks just for Revis alone.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#157 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 01 February 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

Says the man trying to lecture the law student on supply and demand.

Sure, the Jets front office may agree with you, but supply and demand goes out the window when egos are involved. We aren't discussing a simple formula of quantity of goods. It's a player and how that player and his representation feel he should be compensated.

you should change careers then, cause if you can't even make a decent argument on a forum your never gonna win a court case.
sad part is you still are missing the main point, another thing that won't go over well in court
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#158 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 01 February 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

not every team wants or can afford him. sure there are good odds that 1 crap team with a bunch of cap room throws 20 mil a year at him, its a possibility. which is why we should extend his contract this season IMO
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#159 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 February 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

which is why we should extend his contract this season IMO

You're acting like the Jets have a choice. Sure, they'd love to extend him but Revis holds all the cards.

#160 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 February 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

you should change careers then, cause if you can't even make a decent argument on a forum your never gonna win a court case.
sad part is you still are missing the main point, another thing that won't go over well in court

I was referring to the guy who has "Law School" listed under his avatar.

You look dumber with every post.

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users