NYJetsFan.com Forums: ***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Today, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Today, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Today, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
Resize Shouts Area

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** merged by Harlem

#161 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 02 February 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

No way in the world Detroit would make that trade. They wouldn't give up their 1st and 2nd round picks just for Revis alone.

You may be right but think about this. If they want to take Millner they wold be using their 1st round pick to do so. So if they trade for Revis and give us that pick, they would be losing their 2nd round pick but instead of getting a player that may or may not turn out to be good, they get one that may or may not be the best CB to ever play the game. If I was in a position to make that choice I would opt for Revis rather than two picks that may or may not pan out. The key is if they have the salary cap space to do so. Oakland would also be a team that may want Millner but not want to use their 3rd pick so this would work for them. Tennessee would also like to have Millner but doesn't figure to see him by the time they draft 10th. Their 1 and 2 would also suffice. We couldn't get Millner but we could get a pretty good CB in round 2 and use our two firsts on Womack and one of the top OLB. Round 2 sees us with 3 picks as stated before. No matter what - it makes sense to either see if Revis wants to work out a cap friendly contract or we should trade him now.

#162 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 February 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

not every team wants or can afford him. sure there are good odds that 1 crap team with a bunch of cap room throws 20 mil a year at him, its a possibility. which is why we should extend his contract this season IMO

Did I say anything about affording him? You said supply and demand, and the demand is EXTREMELY HIGH (I think its safe to say that all 32 teams want Revis, and if you think the Jets can find a way to pay him despite our cap issues, I'm sure other teams could as well), and the supply is ONE. So please stop lecturing economics Warren Buffett...

View Postsexyrexy, on 02 February 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

I was referring to the guy who has "Law School" listed under his avatar.

You look dumber with every post.

^ :hysterical:
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#163 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

View Postchocomag, on 02 February 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

You may be right but think about this. If they want to take Millner they wold be using their 1st round pick to do so. So if they trade for Revis and give us that pick, they would be losing their 2nd round pick but instead of getting a player that may or may not turn out to be good, they get one that may or may not be the best CB to ever play the game. If I was in a position to make that choice I would opt for Revis rather than two picks that may or may not pan out. The key is if they have the salary cap space to do so. Oakland would also be a team that may want Millner but not want to use their 3rd pick so this would work for them. Tennessee would also like to have Millner but doesn't figure to see him by the time they draft 10th. Their 1 and 2 would also suffice. We couldn't get Millner but we could get a pretty good CB in round 2 and use our two firsts on Womack and one of the top OLB. Round 2 sees us with 3 picks as stated before. No matter what - it makes sense to either see if Revis wants to work out a cap friendly contract or we should trade him now.

I think you're probably being a little too optimistic about our leverage. The problem is two-fold: the ACL injury and the necessary contract extension. It might economically make more sense to take the flier on Millner considering the injury, CBA pay scale, and the retention of other assets (the 2nd or 3rd round pick you propose). I have a feeling that we won't get a kings ransom if we move him.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

#164 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 02 February 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

I think you're probably being a little too optimistic about our leverage. The problem is two-fold: the ACL injury and the necessary contract extension. It might economically make more sense to take the flier on Millner considering the injury, CBA pay scale, and the retention of other assets (the 2nd or 3rd round pick you propose). I have a feeling that we won't get a kings ransom if we move him.

Again, you may be right. But I believe that thre are a number of teams that would want him and a first and second is quite possible. Certainly a first and third. But we need to explore this. If we can pull this off we are setting ourselves up to do well.

Also, I mentioned this earlier and was shot down but EJ Manuel really looks good to me as a draftable QB in either the second or third round. His arm strength, accuracy and mobility really impress me. Have no idea if he can read defenses or make good decisions under pressure.

#165 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 02 February 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

You look dumber with every post.

are you standing in front of a mirror and talking to yourself? don't beat yourself up, you cant help that you can't comprehend basic things
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#166 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 02 February 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Did I say anything about affording him? You said supply and demand, and the demand is EXTREMELY HIGH

if they can't afford him then there isno demand for him. teams that can't afford him can't drive up the price.

why are some people here so stupid?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#167 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 03 February 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

if they can't afford him then there isno demand for him. teams that can't afford him can't drive up the price.

why are some people here so stupid?

Funny how you omitted the information which directly followed that quote...

Your on a role brother, continue your quest to enlighten us all with your undeniable brilliance. My humble apologies...

#168 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 03 February 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

are you standing in front of a mirror and talking to yourself? don't beat yourself up, you cant help that you can't comprehend basic things

Posted Image
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#169 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

View Postchocomag, on 02 February 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

I started out hating the idea of trading my favorite Jet. Now I have come to believe that this might be the best idea for us in the long run. Super Bowls are not won y CB's. They are won with elite QB's, great offensive lines and a strong pass rush. We are 0-3 in these areas.

How do we get there before we are all too old to care? And as we are going to release Scott, Pace, Thomas, Smith, Smith, Tebow, and hopefully not resign Slauson, Keller, Landry, Pouha, Greene, we will have lots of holes to fill.

Here's an idea. Trade Revis to a team like Detroit who drafts 5 and is considering Millner the CB with that pick for their 5 and second round choice. Any team that wants to draft Millner should be willing to trade for Revis as one is the best and the other is unproven. Then trade down our 9 if possible for a 13-16 and a second round choice. That would give us 2 number 1's and 3 number 2's. Finally, trade our 3rd or 4th round pick to Seattle for Matt Flynn. I would even throw in Sanchez and agree to pick up 75% of his salary. Carrol likes him and may be willing to take him as his backup if the price is right. And Idzik probably likes Flynn as he was part of the organization that got him from the Packers. After all, we save as much on Revis as it costs for Sanchez and the cost for Flynn is offset by the low cost for these draft choices.

Now we can use those top 5 picks to take a top CB, OLB, G, S, maybe another OLB orTE in the draft and have our QB in place.

Of course this is wishful thinking and it depends on us making good choices but at least it's a plan to build through the draft. And we might even be able to squeeze enough money for one free agent WR or RB like Bowe or Ivory.

Great teams win SBs, I want talent period. We are close to having a legit pass rush with Wilkerson and Coples, just need a edge rusher or 2. Our OL was ranked 3rd in the league according to PFF. We need a QB, finding elite ones is hard.

And trading Revis away for picks, who says those picks end up being anything close to Revis? What if they draft a Gholston and Ducasse with those picks? We just downgraded our talent.
Posted Image

#170 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 February 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

Great teams win SBs, I want talent period. We are close to having a legit pass rush with Wilkerson and Coples, just need a edge rusher or 2. Our OL was ranked 3rd in the league according to PFF. We need a QB, finding elite ones is hard.

And trading Revis away for picks, who says those picks end up being anything close to Revis? What if they draft a Gholston and Ducasse with those picks? We just downgraded our talent.

No argument about the gamble in trading Revis. But of we can't draft well with many 1's and 2's we aren't going anywhere anyway. We can all agree that the proper way to win is through the draft and the best way to draft well is to have as many high picks as possible. Revis will cost us the financial ability to keep other players and with limited draft choices it will be hard.

Case tonight. Ravens win SB with no shut down corner. Year after year SB's are won with strong pass rush, excellent QB'ing and a really solid O-line. We need to build those and one way is to draft it. As you suggested - picks may turn out to be Gholston and Ducasse (God forbid). But if we have lots of high picks some are going to turn out to be studs.

#171 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 31 January 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

Whoa, hold up. Who elected you the decider of who is and is not a a real Jets fan? We can't have one post on this board mentioning Darrelle Revis without you throwing shit at him and calling him things like "little street thug." Plus you failed to mention that the Jets were out rushed in 7 of the 10 losses. Again the reason the pass defense got better STATISTICALLY is because the opponents could run the ball at will. I don't understand what's so difficult to understand about that. Then again is Revis told you today was Thursday you'd swear he was a liar and that today was a Monday.

Wow. Do you really ride my posts that hard to where you're watching for my every word? Apparently you must have some issues if you need to hawk my posts that badly.

As for who elected me.....I did. Through the last 36+ years of watching this team. How about you? Let me guess.....became a fan somewhere around 98? GTFO. How's that for a smart as$ answer? Apparently, you're too blinded by having your head so far up Revis's as$(proven by you claiming we MUST keep him because there's only 1 Revis & who cares if it breaks the team as long as we keep him) to see that your whole argument of teams being able to run on us was shot to $hit. If our pass D finished second this year with the run D finishing 26th, then why wasn't it this high or higher with Revis on the field when our run D was even WORSE and finished 30th in the league? Funny ..... I dont see what's so difficult to understand about that. But.....Revis must've told you to ignore the real facts when they're presented to you. And just out of curiosity.......how is the lack of Offensive production a reason to defend Revis suddenly? He doesn't play on Offense. Cro on the other hand has. Hmmmm....which makes more sense to keep? Someone that brought us a BETTER defense & can play offense or someone coming off knee surgery and hasn't proven anything other than he doesnt care about the organization & only cares about getting paid?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#172 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

The only thing every player cares about is getting paid
Posted ImagePosted Image

#173 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 03 February 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

Funny how you omitted the information which directly followed that quote...

Your on a role brother, continue your quest to enlighten us all with your undeniable brilliance. My humble apologies...

apology accepted

also for the morons i know it was sarcasm, but it shouldn't have been
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#174 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 04 February 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

Wow. Do you really ride my posts that hard to where you're watching for my every word? Apparently you must have some issues if you need to hawk my posts that badly.

:hysterical: Don't flatter yourself. Everybody knows you're the resident neanderthal around here who makes hot headed and outlandish comments, especially when it comes to Darrelle Revis. When a person makes an ass out of themselves by making as many outrageous comments about Revis (among other things) as you have, it's not easy to forget. The only issue I had with you was for attacking another Jets fan for being a "fake" fan. Camenzind maybe, I could understand that. But calling somebody a fake fan or not as much of a fan as you are because you disagree with him is just childish. But then again considering the source the comment came from that doesn't surprise me.

As for who elected me.....I did. Through the last 36+ years of watching this team. How about you? Let me guess.....became a fan somewhere around 98? GTFO. How's that for a smart as$ answer? Apparently, you're too blinded by having your head so far up Revis's as$(proven by you claiming we MUST keep him because there's only 1 Revis & who cares if it breaks the team as long as we keep him) to see that your whole argument of teams being able to run on us was shot to $hit. If our pass D finished second this year with the run D finishing 26th, then why wasn't it this high or higher with Revis on the field when our run D was even WORSE and finished 30th in the league? Funny ..... I dont see what's so difficult to understand about that. But.....Revis must've told you to ignore the real facts when they're presented to you. And just out of curiosity.......how is the lack of Offensive production a reason to defend Revis suddenly? He doesn't play on Offense. Cro on the other hand has. Hmmmm....which makes more sense to keep? Someone that brought us a BETTER defense & can play offense or someone coming off knee surgery and hasn't proven anything other than he doesnt care about the organization & only cares about getting paid?

No if I were to choose a team in 1998 to be a fan of it probably would've been the Broncos or Vikings. Not that I have to prove anything to you, but I became a Jets fan in 1995, so I've been rooting for this team since before 1-15. Of course you think anybody who doesn't think Revis should be traded is a fake fan or a Revis lover. Because you hate the man so much for whatever reason you think anybody who doesn't despise him too must love him then. If you had bothered to read (then again look who I'm talking to) my past posts in this thread you'd know then that I would support trading Revis as a last resort only. But you hated the guy before this trade talk even started, so of course you're all for him being traded. Because he's a "little street thug" right? You wsnt facts I'll give you the facts. These are the number of pass attempts to rushing attempts the Jets opponents had in 8 of the 9 losses after Revis' injury.

----Pass AT=====Rush AT
SF------22=========44
HOU-----28=========35
MIA(2)--24=========33
SEA-----20=========43
NE(2)---27=========39
TEN-----22=========30
SD------22=========30
BUF-----26=========31

The only game where the opponent attempted to pass the ball more than run it was in the first game against the Patriots which was a tight game and the Jets had a good chance of winning it since it went into OT. And as you see we didn't face any elite (or really great) QBs besides Tom Brady in the 9 losses after Revis' injury. Alex Smith started in the loss to SF and Matt Shuab is a good QB but not elite. Russell Wilson I guess is great but not considered elite yet plus he's a running threat. And the other QBs the Jets lost to were Matt Moore (MIA), Jake Locker (TEN), Philip Rivers (SD, who had a horrible season), and Ryan Fitzpatrick (BUF). So with QBs like that it's not like Cromartie and company had a tough challenge considering the caliber of QBs they faced after Revis got injured. It's not like the Revis-less secondary had to go up against QBs like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers this past season. Or even QBs like Eli, Cutler, Flacco, or Matt Ryan. AGAIN, teams didn't have to pass the ball against the Jets because they could run the ball at will. So like I've said that pass defense ranking stat is very misleading when you actually dig deeper into the stats. I hope all that wasn't too over your head.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#175 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 02 February 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

No way in the world Detroit would make that trade. They wouldn't give up their 1st and 2nd round picks just for Revis alone.

Agreed! One ofthere biggest needs is WR now as well. They will want to use those two picks.
Posted Image

#176 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 03 February 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

View PostJetsfan115, on 04 February 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

apology accepted

also for the morons i know it was sarcasm, but it shouldn't have been

You remind me more of Kobeschool/Clemens11 all the time.

#177 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 05 February 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Agreed! One ofthere biggest needs is WR now as well. They will want to use those two picks.

Need wrs so bad. Was just reviewing some more super bowl highlights and I saw the ravens
Clutch grabs by anquan boldin
Stretching the field with torrey smith
Huge plays and returns with jacoby jones

Jets...
Hurt primadonna at times clutch Santonio holmes
Somebody on the other side I think braylon i dont know please remind me
and kerley
oh and the hopeful rookie on the bench
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#178 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

View Postsantana, on 05 February 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Jets...

Reminds me of said player
Posted Image
Posted Image

#179 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 06 February 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

Reminds me of said player
Posted Image

Who the hell is that
Oh right just answered my own question
It's a nobody
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#180 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

View Postsantana, on 05 February 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Need wrs so bad. Was just reviewing some more super bowl highlights and I saw the ravens
Clutch grabs by anquan boldin
Stretching the field with torrey smith
Huge plays and returns with jacoby jones

Jets...
Hurt primadonna at times clutch Santonio holmes
Somebody on the other side I think braylon i dont know please remind me
and kerley

Not sure WR's are such a valuable first round selection. Sure, guys like Calvin Johnson are but generally, WR's are hit and miss. I would think Detroit might have more interest in Wallace, Bowe or someone else in free agency. Think of how many WR's taken high don't pan out or take years to develop.

Other than our reducing Revis' value by announcing our desire to shop him, think about this. He is arguably one of the two or three best defensive players in all of football. That has to be worth much more than a first round draft choice that has no better than a 50% probability of having a successful career - let alone being compared with players like Deion Sanders.

And it doesn't have to be Detroit. It could be Tennessee, Oakland, Cleveland, or another team that wants to shore up their secondary and has cap room. Not saying it will happen but I am saying they should explore it. I really believe we have too many holes to fill and we don't have the leverage in the ridiculous contract Tannenbaum negotiated with Revis to keep him.

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users