NYJetsFan.com Forums: ***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) we did give up a 18 point lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) so we fucked up and lost
bleedsgreen Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) True
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) time to get ready for MNF
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) Well it sucks when you start to feel the jets are going to lose the game them selves
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) the Vick play worthless
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) that run on 3rd and 5 worthless
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) chris Johnson also I don't know what his numbers were but ivory seemed to be a better back
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:13 PM) Marty just picks the worse time to call those wildcat plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:13 PM) they are drive killers
ROBJETS Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:27 PM) Problem is the corners. We knew this before the start of the season. I was amazed at how well they did last week and the first half but eventually the weakness showed
ROBJETS Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:28 PM) The corner positions will be addressed next year. Technically we are still in a rebuilding phase.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:39 PM) we did go toe to toe against a SB contender and we really shouldn't be heartbroken but if you call yourself a JETS fan and aren't a little pissed over a W that we had in our control then you need to go and hand in your JETS gear ... I'm looking at you 115
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:24 PM) 18 penalties in 2 games
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:25 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) NFL rules state that only the head coach can call a timeout on the sidelines…

Except in Green Bay where anybody up to the third row can call a timeout.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) I love NFL memes
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 September 2014 - 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:05 PM) SPIDER Y 2 BANANA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:44 PM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:54 PM) Eagles need to START SANCHEZ abandon the foles ship
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) Good morning
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) The title race is REAL
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) Liverpool wtf pk minute 90
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) 05 probably doing an air guitar
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 04:34 PM) How was milber?
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 09:25 PM) Milber for prez
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:57 AM) santana you've ruined this site
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:01 PM) Cool you should share your thoughts in a post
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:02 PM) Round up the guys and be like hey we hate this guy so what can we do to fix what's broken
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:05 PM) meh no thanks, everyone else is fine. i just hop on every now and then
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:07 PM) Enjoy your stay then
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:09 PM) Seems like the jets could be without decker for a while
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:03 PM) UEFA TIME
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:03 PM) Mawae 2015 Hof for sure
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) Jeromeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jetsrule1006 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:50 PM) The real question is why isn't #68 jersey retired
Resize Shouts Area

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** merged by Harlem

#21 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 24 January 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Fvck Revis. Everyone saying trade Cro over Revis needs their heads examined. Trade the guy that led the defene to the #2 pass defebnse over the guy that led it to the #5 and wants max money? WTF is wrong with you guys? Cro has actually been loyal to the team where Revis is nothing more than Meshawn Johnson reincarnate. No wonder the team is in the shape it is. Woody wants to appease fans that don't know their d!ck from dirt apparently. You guys want to reward morons that want max money to do nothing but think of themselves first. you guys are the same people that said you'd prefer Holmes over Braylon Edwards. Holmes' career year he averaged 1 TD every other game. At least B.E.'s career best year he averaged 1 per game instead of one every other game.

Yes....Revis USED TO lock down one side of the field but he also demands the money of two players which the team CAN NOT afford & we have no idea if he's worth it or not coming off the ACL injury. You guys are all gung-ho on paying him top dollar when he's nothing more than a question mark because of what he was able to do in the past & want to trade away the guy that gave us a better dfense than when he was here. In what world does that make ANY sense? Revis' camp is making it clear he wants $16 million per year. I don't give a flying fvck who he THINKS he is.....he's NOT worth it. He's nothing more than a legend in his own mind.

I agree with much of the above, I'm ok with top end CB money - Not ok with highest paid defensive player / QB money. Everyone knows that revis's skill set is elite and far above any other CB in the league but his cost is just way to high. I really don't blame revis either, he knows someone will give him what he wants. Might as well make as much as you can while you can but as far as the jets go, 16 mill a year for a cornerback is only going to hurt the team that is willing to pay him what he wants. Revis is one of my favorite jets but his contract demands are just going to hurt the team. At 15-16 mill a year we can get 2 or 3 quality players. And if we were to trade revis, not only would his salary free up the room to sign some more quailty players, he would also give us some high quality draft picks. Dealing him could help the jets potentially land 5+ starters depending on how the jets draft. I could understand signing revis if the team had a better roster and a better cap situation but the gambling the future for now / tannenbaum mentality has hit the wall. This is the consequence. Its a bummer but it is what it is. All I am saying is that idzik better have an idea what he is doing and get the most for revis he can. This fanbase is going to flip if revis is had for just a 2nd rounder or something absurd like that.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#22 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

You know what's funny about you guys who want to trade Revis for draft picks? For it to work out in our favor it's all contingent on the Jets picking the right players with those draft picks. And please tell me what in the Jets' draft history would make you believe the Jets would hit a home run with all the draft picks they'd get for Revis? More importantly is there even another team in the league that has multiple high draft picks that they'd be willing to give up for one single player? You're willing to give up a great player, one of the best in the league, the best of his position on a couple of maybes. And you're expecting a franchise that has a history of making bone headed draft picks and head scratching decisions to get it right more than once in the same draft. We have no idea if this Idsik guy will be a good GM or not and Woody Johnson is slowly turning into another Jerry Jones. But you want to intrust this front office to make all the right choices in one draft and pick great players with the draft picks they'd get for giving away the ONE great draft pick this team has made in the 5 draft classes from 2007 to 2011 (it's too early to tell about the 2012 class). How often does something like this end up working out for the team that gets the draft picks? Not often, if ever.

The "I told you so" part of me actually wants to trade Revis for draft picks. Just so 5 years from now I could see what you "let's trade Revis" folks would say.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#23 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 24 January 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Fvck Revis. Everyone saying trade Cro over Revis needs their heads examined. Trade the guy that led the defene to the #2 pass defebnse over the guy that led it to the #5 and wants max money? WTF is wrong with you guys? Cro has actually been loyal to the team where Revis is nothing more than Meshawn Johnson reincarnate. No wonder the team is in the shape it is. Woody wants to appease fans that don't know their d!ck from dirt apparently. You guys want to reward morons that want max money to do nothing but think of themselves first. you guys are the same people that said you'd prefer Holmes over Braylon Edwards. Holmes' career year he averaged 1 TD every other game. At least B.E.'s career best year he averaged 1 per game instead of one every other game.

Yes....Revis USED TO lock down one side of the field but he also demands the money of two players which the team CAN NOT afford & we have no idea if he's worth it or not coming off the ACL injury. You guys are all gung-ho on paying him top dollar when he's nothing more than a question mark because of what he was able to do in the past & want to trade away the guy that gave us a better dfense than when he was here. In what world does that make ANY sense? Revis' camp is making it clear he wants $16 million per year. I don't give a flying fvck who he THINKS he is.....he's NOT worth it. He's nothing more than a legend in his own mind.

We played a lot of shitty QBs this season and our run defense sucked which had QBs throw on us less. Idk how you can really believe Cro is comparable to Revis, because there is no comparison. Revis is on another planet, hes that goodi. He allows so much flexibility in how they can call a game defensively. Cro is loyal because he got paid, all Revis wants is to be paid what he deserves. Nothing wrong with that. He deserves to be the highest paid CB in the league.
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Trading Cromartie saves the Jets $8.25 million in cap space in 2013 while trading Revis results in a $3 million dollar cap loss for the Jets.

Posted Image

#25 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

the revis/cro debate is gonna rival tebow/sanchez lol. divide the fanbase. Me personally would never trade revis

#26 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

Im not sure why this is suck a shock to everyone. We had talked about this RIGHT after he got hurt. Honestly, I dont know what we COULD/WOULD get for him...but for me, Im on the fence over the trade. On the one hand, we can get a GREAT year out of him...then he walks cause there is NO WAY we can afford to pay him what he will command. He has already shown a willingness to hold out, so there is no reason to think he wont just do it again. Yes I understand this is his lottery ticket & why not get as much as you can out of it. Yes I understand no one cares about the player himself when they do this. On the OTHER hand...we are NOT a superbowl team THIS year. we have already said we are in rebuild mode. Even if Revis turns out to be the greatest defensive player ever to wear a helmet, breaking ALL Defensive records ever written...it wont make us a contender THIS year. We wont be able to afford him next year, we will be turning our pockets out with lint falling & still come up short. This is the mess Tanny left us & our reality. That being said, (& I KNOW I am not football genius who may be outta his mind but...) I would expect NOTHING less than 2 1's & a 3. Now before you murder me for being on the pipe demanding 2 1's, think of it this way. While coming off a bad injury, he was never a "speed guy" Revis' greatness comes from his technique...so no loss there (assuming he has no setbacks in rehab) 2 you (who ever can/wants...a team who feels THIS is the last piece we need) know Revis is APPROACHING his Prime! 3 You already KNOW who he is, what he is & how he plays.

Again, Im on the fence & think I would be ok with it either way. While our drafts arent stellar, we did have Mangold/Fergie in the same draft class. DK has been a good draft...MAYBE we get lucky. With ALL the holes we have, picks are pretty dam important.
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Revis isn't going to bring as much as many of you would like through a trade. What teams are trading for is the right to exclusively negotiate with Revis and his agents a year early. No team is going to trade for Revis if he is expecting the money he is, it would be better for the to just wait until free agency and give up a conditional pick. Next, you guys are forgetting that picks are valuable now. Before, teams didn't want to pay the insane rookie salaries. Teams can take risks now with the rookie cap. The Jared Allen trade netted the Chiefs a 1st, two 3rds, and a swap of the 6ths from the Vikings.

Now if a Revis trade were to go down (and I really hope the Jets don't trade him), the best they could potentially dream for him is a 1st and a 3rd THIS YEAR and a conditional ranging from (1st to 3rd) next year. The ideal trade partner in this regard would be Tampa. They have cap room and a high 1st this year. But again, this is a player coming off of a major injury with high salary demands being traded by a team that is in cap trouble.

#28 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 24 January 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

You know what's funny about you guys who want to trade Revis for draft picks? For it to work out in our favor it's all contingent on the Jets picking the right players with those draft picks. And please tell me what in the Jets' draft history would make you believe the Jets would hit a home run with all the draft picks they'd get for Revis?

The last time the Jets were in this position, as far as I remember, it was in 2000. That year, we had 4 first round picks:

Shaun Ellis
John Abraham
Chad Pennington
Anthony Becht

Becht was a total bust. Chad turned into a Franchise QB before injuries ruined his career. When he was healthy, you had no doubt that he was The QB. If not for the wrist and then the shoulder. he's probably the best QB the Jets ever had... he's probably Top 5 now and he only played a few seasons. Ellis was the best D linemen we had the last decade and it's not even close. Abraham right now is still an above average passrusher and at his prime was an All Pro.

So yea, we totally did blow the Becht selection but we hit on 3. If someone is giving me a choice between having a Franchise QB, an All Pro pass rusher and a ProBowl DLineman or a HOF CB, I'm choosing the 1st Option 100 times out of 100. That's not even considering Revis' age and impending Free Agency.

#29 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostChaos, on 25 January 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

Revis isn't going to bring as much as many of you would like through a trade. What teams are trading for is the right to exclusively negotiate with Revis and his agents a year early. No team is going to trade for Revis if he is expecting the money he is, it would be better for the to just wait until free agency and give up a conditional pick. Next, you guys are forgetting that picks are valuable now. Before, teams didn't want to pay the insane rookie salaries. Teams can take risks now with the rookie cap. The Jared Allen trade netted the Chiefs a 1st, two 3rds, and a swap of the 6ths from the Vikings.

Now if a Revis trade were to go down (and I really hope the Jets don't trade him), the best they could potentially dream for him is a 1st and a 3rd THIS YEAR and a conditional ranging from (1st to 3rd) next year. The ideal trade partner in this regard would be Tampa. They have cap room and a high 1st this year. But again, this is a player coming off of a major injury with high salary demands being traded by a team that is in cap trouble.

I would take a 1st and a 3rd this year and a 1st and a 3rd next year. That'll be great.

#30 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 January 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

The last time the Jets were in this position, as far as I remember, it was in 2000. That year, we had 4 first round picks:

Shaun Ellis
John Abraham
Chad Pennington
Anthony Becht

Becht was a total bust. Chad turned into a Franchise QB before injuries ruined his career. When he was healthy, you had no doubt that he was The QB. If not for the wrist and then the shoulder. he's probably the best QB the Jets ever had... he's probably Top 5 now and he only played a few seasons. Ellis was the best D linemen we had the last decade and it's not even close. Abraham right now is still an above average passrusher and at his prime was an All Pro.

So yea, we totally did blow the Becht selection but we hit on 3. If someone is giving me a choice between having a Franchise QB, an All Pro pass rusher and a ProBowl DLineman or a HOF CB, I'm choosing the 1st Option 100 times out of 100. That's not even considering Revis' age and impending Free Agency.

First Bill Parcells was still running the show back in 2000, he's not in the Jets FO anymore. What team is going to give up Revis for 2 first round picks considering his contract situation after next season? As Chaos said a team wouldn't be trading for Revis, they would be trading for the right to negotiate a new contract with him. And who is going to give up 2 first round picks for a player that might not re-sign with them next year? I'd rather try to keep a sure thing than take a gamble that an unproven GM and an increasingly "hands on" owner will make the right choices from the very begining. It wasn't like we got the world in that 2000 draft either. Pennington had multiple season ending injuries and it always seemed like Abraham was injured when the Jets had to play a big game. Both leaving us fans to wonder what might've been. As you said Becht was a bust. So basically the Jets traded Belicheat and Keyshawn Johnson for Shaun Ellis. A good trade but it just ended up giving the Jets a couple of playoff appearances and throughout it all the Patriots racked up AFC East titles and 3 Super Bowls with Belicheat and Keyshawn got one with the Bucs.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#31 User is online   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

The Darrelle Revis hot-stove talk is just getting fired up. According to ESPN New York, one source gathered from talking to New York Jets owner Woody Johnson that the three-time first-team All-Pro is "gone."

The clamor surrounding Revis possibilities already is drawing comparisons to the free agency sweepstakes involving Reggie White in 1993 and Peyton Manning last offseason. One general manager told CBSSports.com in a Friday report that the interest in Revis could result in "one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever.

Added a second general manager, "There's a Revis gold rush forming."

What's the asking price? The Jets reportedly are seeking an exorbitant package including first- and second-round picks. While that's shooting for the moon on a player coming off anterior cruciate ligament surgery and entering the final year of his contract, there is no shortage of potential trade partners. The New England Patriots, Denver Broncos, San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers are said to be among the teams "highly interested" in Revis.

The shut-down corner is a pipe dream for the Pats, however. The Jets aren't going to gift-wrap the AFC East to New England by handing over one of the NFL's true impact defenders.

The rich will have to find another avenue to get richer
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

If we trade away revie i will be pissed at the new GM. you don't trade a once in a lifetime player in his prime for anything. so what if we get 5 picks. there is a 99% chance that all of them combined won't do as much in their career that revis has alreadyd one. If he's smart he'd trade wilson or if he wants to save money trade cro. but revis shound't go anywhere
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#33 User is online   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 25 January 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

If we trade away revie i will be pissed at the new GM. you don't trade a once in a lifetime player in his prime for anything. so what if we get 5 picks. there is a 99% chance that all of them combined won't do as much in their career that revis has alreadyd one. If he's smart he'd trade wilson or if he wants to save money trade cro. but revis shound't go anywhere

i agree. but this is the jets we get a good player and we MUST trade them. always happens. :banghead:
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Hate to admit it...but if you get a ridiculous haul of multiple 1st and 2nd round picks...obviously with the caveat that you get good players with those picks...you could set the team up with a very bright future.
Posted Image

#35 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostMikeGangGreenFan2, on 25 January 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

The Darrelle Revis hot-stove talk is just getting fired up. According to ESPN New York, one source gathered from talking to New York Jets owner Woody Johnson that the three-time first-team All-Pro is "gone."

The clamor surrounding Revis possibilities already is drawing comparisons to the free agency sweepstakes involving Reggie White in 1993 and Peyton Manning last offseason. One general manager told CBSSports.com in a Friday report that the interest in Revis could result in "one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever.

Added a second general manager, "There's a Revis gold rush forming."

What's the asking price? The Jets reportedly are seeking an exorbitant package including first- and second-round picks. While that's shooting for the moon on a player coming off anterior cruciate ligament surgery and entering the final year of his contract, there is no shortage of potential trade partners. The New England Patriots, Denver Broncos, San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers are said to be among the teams "highly interested" in Revis.

The shut-down corner is a pipe dream for the Pats, however. The Jets aren't going to gift-wrap the AFC East to New England by handing over one of the NFL's true impact defenders.

The rich will have to find another avenue to get richer

As God as my witness. If the Jets were to trade Darrelle Revis to the New England Patriots, I will no longer be a New York Jets fan. I'll donate all my Jets gear to the Salvation Army and and find another team to be a fan of.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#36 User is online   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 25 January 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

As God as my witness. If the Jets were to trade Darrelle Revis to the New England Patriots, I will no longer be a New York Jets fan. I'll donate all my Jets gear to the Salvation Army and and find another team to be a fan of.

cant see that happening. then again this is the jets
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

This is what I expected. Revis has a sterling reputations in the NFL as someone who is head and shoulders better that the second best at his position. I just hope that we have the scouting to nail the picks we'll get in return.

#38 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 January 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

This is what I expected. Revis has a sterling reputations in the NFL as someone who is head and shoulders better that the second best at his position. I just hope that we have the scouting to nail the picks we'll get in return.

Notice that the teams interested in Revis are either in our division - and even I don't think Johnson would be arrogant enough to trade hiom to NE or Buffalo so we get to see him twice a year - or major playoff contenders so we would get a first round pick around 25-32. Do the research and find out how many of them become stars, let alone super stars.

There have been other owners in the NFL who want to micro manage everything without proper credentials. Certainly Jones and Snyder come to mind. And their franchises have regressed dramatically. Now we have Johnson and he is a full fledged member of this club.

We shouldn't trade Revis - that's simple. But, if we are going to trade him then look for a National conference team that sucks so we can get a high pick and not have to compete with the team he goes to for a playoff spot.

Sad thing is that if we keep him and drop Sanchez after this year we would have enough money between Revis' contract and Sanchez savings to pay Revis.

#39 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 24 January 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

We played a lot of shitty QBs this season and our run defense sucked which had QBs throw on us less. Idk how you can really believe Cro is comparable to Revis, because there is no comparison. Revis is on another planet, hes that goodi. He allows so much flexibility in how they can call a game defensively. Cro is loyal because he got paid, all Revis wants is to be paid what he deserves. Nothing wrong with that. He deserves to be the highest paid CB in the league.

99........You keep talking Revis is worth 16 million per year. He's NOT. I do't give a fvck who he is. He's NOT a QB. And YES....Cro was comparable to Revis considering our pass defense was BETTER without him than it was with him. With him we finished #5. Without him we finished #2. Considering through the first 12 games of the season we had the HARDEST schedule in the league, that's kinda saying something. But you choose to keep turning a blind eye to it because you're so in love with him. you REALLY need to get something through your head bro......say Revis plays through 2013 for the 6 million. Do you REALLY think he's coming back here after that? HELL NO. He's going to the highest bidder. He doesn't care one bit about the Jets. He's already proven that more than once. But you think it's more important to sign Revis alone & continue to be mediocre at best & continue to miss the playoffs for years so long as Revis is on the field because we can't afford to sign anyone else. But that's okay with you as long as Revis is on the field. You forget....the team is called the New York Jets. Not the New York Revis.

As for your statement that he deserves to be the highest paid CB in the league.....right now he doesn't deserve anything other than the 6 million he's due (3 million base & 3 million roster bonus) because you have NO CLUE as to whether or not he's able to play like he used to or not coming off that ACL injury. Nobody does. Even if he does come back as good as he was, I'd rather trade him now & get something for him than have him leave after the 2013 season and get nothing at all for him or have him hold the team for ransom like he's done twice in the past like the little street thug that he is. Again.....Revis is a legend in only 2 peoples minds. Yours and his own. If you think he's going to be a Hall of Famer, I'm willing to bet you're sadly mistaken. I'll root for him as long as he's in a Jets uniform but on the street, I wouldn't piss on him to put him out if he were on fire.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#40 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

My only input on this thread is if the Jets FO thinks they will not be able to resign him and we already gave away our rights to franchise him why would we not trade him? I would rather trade him now for some value and be able to determine where he goes rather than he just walk out of here next year with nothing to show and go to the Pats. We all know that is where he would go. Seems to me that is a good decision. I have read reports (take with a grain of salt) that Woody has said he does not think we will be able to resign him.
Posted Image

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users