NYJetsFan.com Forums: ***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) I'm just glad there aren't anymore greedy bastards on the team to deal with
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Or street thugs
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) f*** a CB problem
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:49 PM) need 1 more in the fantasy league
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 AM) right cause all our other WRs were lighting it up
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:04 PM) Hill is useless bro lol
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:05 PM) All I can say I streamed this game and if anyone thinks about recording it from NFL Network at 4pm Eastern Saturday.....DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:07 PM) This game was pure sh1t. Even though it was back up players the Jets got totally destroyed in this game. After seeing this game Im really worried about the Jets starting core because these backup guys looked like they shouldn't have even been on the field at all. I just hope the starters are 3000 times better than these guys that played in game 4
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:09 PM) The Jets got horse f*cked by the Eagles in this game.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:24 PM) we are hosed in the secondary
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:26 PM) we need to cut this assclown patterson
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Resize Shouts Area

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** merged by Harlem

#241 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 18 February 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Let's see......correct me if I'm wrong, but when I pay 150-200 per ticket to go see a game, I deserve to see a quality product on the field correct? If Mevis demands ridiculous money that he doesn't deserve (in my opinion), or holds out as he has twice already to where he gets paid QB-like money that handcuffs the team's ability to sign players to fill holes that are OBVIOUS, that is him stealing money from me. I don't want to pay to see 3rd stringers or practice squad guys to play as a #1 or #2 but I get forced to out of his blaring need to feed his own ego. Would you want to pay $200 per ticket to see guys that should only get playing time in pre-season? Stephen Hill had NO BUSINESS being our #1 at WR this season. He would've been a 3rd stringer at best anywhere else.

How many FA's do we have this offseason? We're 20+ million OVER the cap but yet this fool wants 16-20 million per year coming off ACL surgery? I don't f@#king think so.

My entire point in this thread is not that Revis is a bad player. I have always said he USED TO BE a great player. I have been attacked because I apparently hurt people's feelings by calling him out on his greed and people needed to defend their virtual love interest. If people don't like what I have to say, they can easily block me or just not read my posts. Instead, I get some thug attitude thrown at me claiming they can beat my as$. And then I get a warning about being banned for defending myself? Sorry.....I dont plan on joining the suck Mevis' d!ck club.

I still say we should trade him & get something for him while we can rather than effectively ensuring being basement dwellers in the AFC East for as long as this bum is on the team. He's not a bum as a player. Just as a person. It's either we throw crazy money at him to retain him & ruin the team for years or we trade him to get something of value or he plays the final year of his deal (as long as he doesnt hold out) & we get nothing for him when he signs for more money elsewhere (likely New England).

:nea: The players get paid millions because the TV networks pay billions to the NFL for the rights to broadcast the games. The NFL then shares that money among the 32 teams. THAT'S where the players get their money from not ticket sales. The lockout should have made that clear to everybody. All that "ticket sales are high because of greedy players" nonsense is just a myth put out there by the owners. If tickets sales made up the bulk of player's salaries, the players would be making a lot less.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#242 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 18 February 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

:nea:/> The players get paid millions because the TV networks pay billions to the NFL for the rights to broadcast the games. The NFL then shares that money among the 32 teams. THAT'S where the players get their money from not ticket sales. The lockout should have made that clear to everybody. All that "ticket sales are high because of greedy players" nonsense is just a myth put out there by the owners. If tickets sales made up the bulk of player's salaries, the players would be making a lot less.

I agree with you regarding the tv money, but if you don't think player salaries influence ticket prices, then you need to think again. Owners want profits. That's why the Jets have the HIGHEST average ticket prices in the league.

Just an hour ago, your boy was still demanding answers from the team and claiming he's the best player on the team currently. He can't make that claim just yet until he shows he can still perform how he used to. And he's not owed anything from the team other than the money due in his contract. Nothing more. Where was his communication during his holdout? Non-existent. It all went through the lawyers, his uncle & his rep. I guess he doesn't like a taste of his own medicine. Boo-fvcking-hoo.

It's obvious we disagree so why don't we just agree to disagree?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#243 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 18 February 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

I agree with you regarding the tv money, but if you don't think player salaries influence ticket prices, then you need to think again. Owners want profits. That's why the Jets have the HIGHEST average ticket prices in the league.

Just an hour ago, your boy was still demanding answers from the team and claiming he's the best player on the team currently. He can't make that claim just yet until he shows he can still perform how he used to. And he's not owed anything from the team other than the money due in his contract. Nothing more. Where was his communication during his holdout? Non-existent. It all went through the lawyers, his uncle & his rep. I guess he doesn't like a taste of his own medicine. Boo-fvcking-hoo.

It's obvious we disagree so why don't we just agree to disagree?

It isn't about disagreeing. The facts are the facts. Ticket prices have little to nothing to do with player's salaries. If believing that greedy players are the reason ticket prices are high makes you happy, then go ahead and keep on believing that. But the facts prove otherwise. Ticket sales alone wouldn't even put a dent in overall player's salaries. The reason ticket prices are high is because you're sitting in a state of the art stadium now. The Jets now play in the most expensive stadium ever built in the world's history, and you actually expect to pay the same amount in ticket prices that you were paying in Giants Stadium? If you want to watch the games in a state of the art stadium you're going to have to pay more than you had been paying in Giants Stadium. The thing is the public doesn't want to pay for these new stadiums in tax dollars so the owners borrow money to build these new stadiums and then to payback that money they borrowed they raise ticket prices. The fans are going to pay for these new stadiums either way, either in taxes or in ticket prices or both. Plus the cost of living and people's incomes are generally higher in urban areas. And you don't get more urban than the New York City area. You may be paying $200 a game but the most expensive single game tickets the Detroit Lions have are $99. And before you say "but the Lions don't have greedy players like Mevis." The Lions have a higher payroll than the Jets do. The Lions have cheaper ticket prices but their payroll is higher than the Jets's payroll but yet the Jets have higher ticket prices. Now if you moved the Jets to an area where the cost of living was lower, ticket prices would be lower too.

Once again the players make millions because the TV networks pay the NFL BILLIONS to broadcast NFL games. That's where the players get their money. Ticket sells are higher because these new stadiums and the cost of living is higher. We pay more for a gallon of milk and a loaf bread now than we did 10 years ago too. Ticket prices are no different. But ultimately ticket sales don't make NFL players into millionaires.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#244 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 18 February 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

It isn't about disagreeing. The facts are the facts. Ticket prices have little to nothing to do with player's salaries. If believing that greedy players are the reason ticket prices are high makes you happy, then go ahead and keep on believing that. But the facts prove otherwise. Ticket sales alone wouldn't even put a dent in overall player's salaries. The reason ticket prices are high is because you're sitting in a state of the art stadium now. The Jets now play in the most expensive stadium ever built in the world's history, and you actually expect to pay the same amount in ticket prices that you were paying in Giants Stadium? If you want to watch the games in a state of the art stadium you're going to have to pay more than you had been paying in Giants Stadium. The thing is the public doesn't want to pay for these new stadiums in tax dollars so the owners borrow money to build these new stadiums and then to payback that money they borrowed they raise ticket prices. The fans are going to pay for these new stadiums either way, either in taxes or in ticket prices or both. Plus the cost of living and people's incomes are generally higher in urban areas. And you don't get more urban than the New York City area. You may be paying $200 a game but the most expensive single game tickets the Detroit Lions have are $99. And before you say "but the Lions don't have greedy players like Mevis." The Lions have a higher payroll than the Jets do. The Lions have cheaper ticket prices but their payroll is higher than the Jets's payroll but yet the Jets have higher ticket prices. Now if you moved the Jets to an area where the cost of living was lower, ticket prices would be lower too.

Once again the players make millions because the TV networks pay the NFL BILLIONS to broadcast NFL games. That's where the players get their money. Ticket sells are higher because these new stadiums and the cost of living is higher. We pay more for a gallon of milk and a loaf bread now than we did 10 years ago too. Ticket prices are no different. But ultimately ticket sales don't make NFL players into millionaires.

Mr_Jet is my homeboy...

if you feel so robbed by Darrelle Revis you could just not buy tickets to the games or buy the products that are advertised on television which contribute to his income? Problem solved. If you had the opportunity to get this kind of money for your family in such a short time frame, you would be taking the same approach (and that wouldn't make you a terrible person, a scumbag, a jerkoff, or someone who deserved to be shot in the head)

Additionally, it's annoying how you lump everyone who disagrees with you as someone who it's firmly behind Revis 1000000%. I see no issue with people backing our favorite team having arguably the best CB to EVER play the position for the duration of his career. It doesn't mean they have Revis' dick in their mouth. I recall we had to tell you the same thing with Jason Taylor
Posted ImagePosted Image

#245 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 18 February 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Mr_Jet is my homeboy...

if you feel so robbed by Darrelle Revis you could just not buy tickets to the games or buy the products that are advertised on television which contribute to his income? Problem solved. If you had the opportunity to get this kind of money for your family in such a short time frame, you would be taking the same approach (and that wouldn't make you a terrible person, a scumbag, a jerkoff, or someone who deserved to be shot in the head)

Additionally, it's annoying how you lump everyone who disagrees with you as someone who it's firmly behind Revis 1000000%. I see no issue with people backing our favorite team having arguably the best CB to EVER play the position for the duration of his career. It doesn't mean they have Revis' dick in their mouth. I recall we had to tell you the same thing with Jason Taylor

Harlem......I never said Mevis deserved to be shot in the head. I said the illegal scum crossing our borders deserve that. As for my buying Jets merch & game tickets......that's to see the New York Jets. Not the New York Mevis. I've been supporting this team since 1977. I've seen more talent than him come & go. By the time his career is over, Revis will likely end up with numbers similar to Aaron Glenn. Too many people are acting like he's the second coming of Christ or something. WAS he a great player? Absolutely. Is he anymore? NO ONE knows. That makes the risk of holding the team back far greater than the reward keeping him. Especially considering how the pass D played without him. People will come with the tired excuse that teams ran more. Big deal. They ran more when revis was here & the pass D wasn't as good with him in the lineup.

As for Mr. Jet being your homeboy......what's that got to do with anything? Nothing. Obviously he has no clue about the team or the area surrounding the stadium if he think's its urban. The fvcking stadium has more swampland around it than urban community. NYC may be across the river but its not as close as he seems to think.

Mr. Jet......did you miss where I AGREED with you that the teams do get TV money but that owners are in the business of MAKING money & profits? You act like citizens of new York spent a dime on the new stadium. Wrong answer. Other than the people of New Jersey putting out money to improve the roads around the stadium, Woody Johnson paid out of pocket for the Jets share. If you truly believe player salaries don't play any part in ticket prices, you need an education in economics & business. Who cares if Detroit pays $99? Our LOWEST cost seats are $105-115 for single game tickets.

Like I said before, any conversation regarding the BUSINESS aspect of Revis gets nowhere with some of you because you're more fan boys of his& that's whatever. I prefer to be a fan of the team rather than the name on the back of the jersey. If we don't trade him now while he at least holds some trade value, we're either going to overpay for him & be in the basement of the AFC least for years or we lose him to free agency because he has shown his blatant disregard for this team on numerous occasions already. Including just yesterday crying like a little bitch bcuz he's not being told what the team plans to do. He spoke to the GM 2 weeks ago & was told they don't know yet. Boo-fvcking-hoo. Calling himself the team's best player? Not coming off the surgery he's not. If he wants to make that claim, let him prove it. He may have been before the injury but he can't claim that right at this moment. He needs to stop acting like a child & grow the fvck up along with stop being a legend in his own mind.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#246 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 19 February 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

Harlem......I never said Mevis deserved to be shot in the head. I said the illegal scum crossing our borders deserve that. As for my buying Jets merch & game tickets......that's to see the New York Jets. Not the New York Mevis. I've been supporting this team since 1977. I've seen more talent than him come & go. By the time his career is over, Revis will likely end up with numbers similar to Aaron Glenn. Too many people are acting like he's the second coming of Christ or something. WAS he a great player? Absolutely. Is he anymore? NO ONE knows. That makes the risk of holding the team back far greater than the reward keeping him. Especially considering how the pass D played without him. People will come with the tired excuse that teams ran more. Big deal. They ran more when revis was here & the pass D wasn't as good with him in the lineup.

As for Mr. Jet being your homeboy......what's that got to do with anything? Nothing. Obviously he has no clue about the team or the area surrounding the stadium if he think's its urban. The fvcking stadium has more swampland around it than urban community. NYC may be across the river but its not as close as he seems to think.

Mr. Jet......did you miss where I AGREED with you that the teams do get TV money but that owners are in the business of MAKING money & profits? You act like citizens of new York spent a dime on the new stadium. Wrong answer. Other than the people of New Jersey putting out money to improve the roads around the stadium, Woody Johnson paid out of pocket for the Jets share. If you truly believe player salaries don't play any part in ticket prices, you need an education in economics & business. Who cares if Detroit pays $99? Our LOWEST cost seats are $105-115 for single game tickets.

Like I said before, any conversation regarding the BUSINESS aspect of Revis gets nowhere with some of you because you're more fan boys of his& that's whatever. I prefer to be a fan of the team rather than the name on the back of the jersey. If we don't trade him now while he at least holds some trade value, we're either going to overpay for him & be in the basement of the AFC least for years or we lose him to free agency because he has shown his blatant disregard for this team on numerous occasions already. Including just yesterday crying like a little bitch bcuz he's not being told what the team plans to do. He spoke to the GM 2 weeks ago & was told they don't know yet. Boo-fvcking-hoo. Calling himself the team's best player? Not coming off the surgery he's not. If he wants to make that claim, let him prove it. He may have been before the injury but he can't claim that right at this moment. He needs to stop acting like a child & grow the fvck up along with stop being a legend in his own mind.

You've also advocated for Tim Tebow and Woody Johnson to be shot in the head as well. I've called you out on that before with no response and then subsequently those posts mysteriously disappeared from the shoutbox. And again, if you feel so strongly about Revis robbing you blind, you can just opt not to spend the money on things that you believe provide him with his revenue. You're choosing to keep spending your money. That isn't mine, Mr_Jet's, Darrelle Revis' or anyone elses problem. I will also reiterate that if you had the chance to set your family up with this kind of money in a short window, you would look to maximize whatever you can get it of it. I don't know why you think every other player in the league is a saint and is "looking out for the best interests of their team besides Darrelle Revis. Regardless of who he signs a long term deal with, the owners are going to be making a ridiculous amount of money off of him. Why is he wrong for taking the time necessary to maximize his earnings?

I'm going to disregard everything you're saying about Revis being worthless as a player because it makes no sense and i would rather not waste my energy on it. All i will say is you're absolutely wrong and for whatever reason you're terribly wrong on everything he brings to this team. He is a once in a lifetime talent. Don't bring up the ACL again because AP did not miss a beat this season.

I'm a season ticket holder from NYC since 2009(well my uncle is but i attend the majority of the games) living in Harlem-how much more urban can you get really?-and I'm a ~20 minute drive to the stadium with no traffic, so i don't know how close/far away you expect NYC to be.

And again, i want to tell you that everyone who supports Revis being on the team is not solely a Revis fanboy. You want the team to do succeed and so do the people who want Revis to stay. Honestly, the only one acting like a child is you.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#247 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

I've long said that I stopped supporting the Jets. I will not go to a game anytime soon and I'm not buying anymore merch. I broke my word last season by buying a Curtis Martin HOF Induction shirt, but that was it. I won't even think of going to a game until the franchise makes a vast improvement and at this point, the home viewing experience is so luxurious, I really don't see the point of going to the games... especially in cold weather. You mean to tell me that I should spend my Sunday fighting traffic, paying for parking and over priced concessions to go to the stadium and see bits and pieces of the action where as I can stay on my couch and watch every single second in HD? And you want me to do all this for a sucky team? Nah.

#248 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

We need some Favre in this thread
Posted ImagePosted Image

#249 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 19 February 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

We need some Favre in this thread

Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#250 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 19 February 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

You've also advocated for Tim Tebow and Woody Johnson to be shot in the head as well.

Can you show me where I said this? I said that Teblow is a waste of space onthe team & that Woody Johnson should be SMACKED upside the head.

I'm going to disregard everything you're saying about Revis being worthless as a player because it makes no sense and i would rather not waste my energy on it. All i will say is you're absolutely wrong and for whatever reason you're terribly wrong on everything he brings to this team. He is a once in a lifetime talent. Don't bring up the ACL again because AP did not miss a beat this season.

You're REALLY going to compare Mevis to A.P.? That's laughable to say the least. A.P. was already playing in a game just over 8 months after srugery for his ACL & MCL. Revis isn't even going to START football related activities until almost 8 months after his. You're counting on Revis being the same player he WAS. Notice the word in caps. WAS because right now, his only value is TRADE value because no one knows what he'll be able to do. I could be wrong and he could come back & play even better than before but I'm going off his own personal track record or NOT performing like he is capable of after extended time off. (See his holdout & how he wasn't himself & came up lame with hammy issues.)

I'm a season ticket holder from NYC since 2009(well my uncle is but i attend the majority of the games) living in Harlem-how much more urban can you get really?-and I'm a ~20 minute drive to the stadium with no traffic, so i don't know how close/far away you expect NYC to be.

Since when is the stadium in Harlem? Last I checked it was in East Rutherford. A 20 minute drive can take someone from being in nothing but country space. Allentown, NJ is less than 20 minutes from Trenton & that's predominantly farmland. Would that be considered urban to you? Jesus fvcking Christ. You guys act like someone actually having a business mind & view to this $hit is like sacrilige or something. I could care less if anyone here likes me or not, but I have news for you. I don't give a $hit who's homeboys or not. You WILL give me the same respect you expect to get from me otherwise, expect to be treated the same as you treat me. Someone comes at me sideways, they're out of their fvcking minds if they think I'm just going to sit back & allow it to happen. Wanna talk like people can beat my as$? Funny how they back off when they're invited to attempt it. That's not flexing internet muscles or trying to act like anything. That's calling someone out when they want to let their mouth write checks their as$ can't cash. I already extended the so-called olive branch to try to kill the bullsh!t by saying let's agree to disagree, but some people prefer the bullsh!t to continue instead.

You guys want to pay players where we won't get the reward out of it. Go ahead....throw 80 - 100 Million at Mevis. And watch his historic highlight be that he got to play in back to back AFC Championship games & that's about it because the team will never go any further as long as it wants to pay guys on what they USED to do. Remember.....the team tried that experiment with another bum I never wanted on the team. His name was Brett Favre. He took us real far didn't he?

Until Revis comes out & PROVES what he is CURRENTLY.....I repeat....CURRENTLY worth, then his risk far outweighs the reward of having him get paid the ridiculous money he wants. Do I need to repeat once again that we need to get something for him while he IS worth something rather than getting nothing for him when he turns his back on all of you and signs somewhere else for more money? Or will you follow him to whatever team. I have a feeling at least one person will out of you.

#251 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 19 February 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

Yeah the New York City area is a regular old Mayberry. You mean to tell me it's JUST people from New Jersey that goes to NEW YORK Jets games? I may not go to every Jets game and poll everybody in the stadium to see where they come from. But I'm willing to bet a great number of people travel from New York to the stadium to watch the Jets and the Giants.

First the part about Woody Johnson paying out of pocket for the Jets share just is not true. Don't believe me? Read this...

NEWARK, N.J. -- The New York Giants and Jets closed deals Thursday for $1.3 billion in financing for a new stadium the NFL clubs are teaming to build.

"This represents another step forward in the completion of this exciting project," said Alice McGillion, a spokeswoman for New Meadowlands Stadium Corp.

Each team completed separate $650 million financing deals. CitiCorp is financing the Jets' portion, while investment banks Goldman Sachs and Lehman Brothers are financing the Giants' deal.

The teams got financing help earlier this year when NFL owners approved $300 million in loans to help finance the stadium work. The open-air facility at the Meadowlands Sports Complex is expected to open in 2010 and seat 82,500.

"We now look forward to finalizing all of the design plans so that we can deliver the best stadium experience possible to our fans and the state of New Jersey," McGillion said.

The teams expect a formal groundbreaking ceremony in September. Excavation work is already being done at the site, near the existing Giants Stadium.

The Giants also are building a 20-acre practice site near the new stadium, while the Jets are building practice facilities and corporate headquarters on 20 acres in Florham Park.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Now the last time I checked CitiGroup was a bank and not Woody Johnson's pocket. Plus they got a loan from the NFL to help build the stadium also. So...

650 million (Jets loan from CitiGroup)

650 million (Giants loan from Goldman Sachs and Lehman Bros.)

+
300 million (loan from the NFL)

--------------------------------
1.6 billion dollars (which is how much it cost to build the stadium)

Now I read what you write but you act like ticket prices are higher because of player's salaries and they are not. Anybody who followed the lockout in 2011 would know that the majority of the money that pays player's salaries comes from the money the NFL gets from the TV networks. It's nice that you agree with me that teams get TV money, but that's not what we're arguing about. I'm saying and will say it once again that the money from the TV deals pays the players not ticket sales. The reason I said Detroit pays $99 for their most EXPENSIVE single game seats was because you were bitching about paying $200 a game. But yet the Lions have a HIGHER payroll than the Jets do. Despite the Lions paying their players more they charge their fans less. MEANING if ticket prices played as large of a role in player's salaries as you seem to believe, wouldn't it make sense that a team with a higher payroll would also have higher ticket prices too. Maybe you should sit next to me in that economics & business class.

And that's just your perception of all this. Either you absolutely think Revis...excuse me MEvis is horrible and greedy and let's get rid of him yesterday or you're a Revis dick sucking fan boy. It's black or white in your world. No room for any shades of gray. I'm sorry but I see gray and I'm don't believe in cutting off my nose to spite my face. I know it may be hard for you to believe but some of us don't want to put that "little street thug MEvis" on the first thing smokin' out of Jetsland. At least not just right away. As I've said in this thread more than once (which apparently you either didn't or couldn't read) I do support trading Revis, AS AN ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT. But to come to that point they have to negotiate first, they haven't done that yet. Which is something they should have been doing as far back as the 2011 offseason. But that's not what Woody Johnson did. No what he did was fire Tannenbaum, then talked about trading Revis BEFORE the new GM he hired even got to fully start his new job as GM. It would have been nice if Idzik could've gotten comfortable as GM first and met with the players (including Revis) before the trade Revis talk started. But then again this is the franchise that gave Mark Sanchez an extension after a bad 2011 season and then trades for Tim Tebow and doesn't use him. So why should I think they would handle the Revis situation correctly? This franchise lately has done things ass backwords and wrong so why should this be any different? But then again that's just the homosexual fan boy talking.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#252 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Are you high? You wanted them to start negotiating with him during the 2011 off season? Why? Because that was the end of the 2 years at 16 million per and only a band aid deal? GTFOH.

Just because his feelings got hurt & he needs to change his tampon doesn't give him the right to complain about always wanting more money. The little b!tch has played in the league 5 years but has complained about wanting more money like 4 times already. Who the fvck does he think he is?

And I'm not the one that brought up location. You did claiming the team played in an urban setting referring to NYC. NOT where the fans are from. The stadium is in a marsh area. As for the loan......you claimed the taxpayers funded the stadium. I said Woody is because the loan is being paid out of who's pocket? Woody Johnson's. NOT the taxpayers. Its Woody's name on those loan docs isn't it?

#253 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 19 February 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Are you high? You wanted them to start negotiating with him during the 2011 off season? Why? Because that was the end of the 2 years at 16 million per and only a band aid deal? GTFOH.

Just because his feelings got hurt & he needs to change his tampon doesn't give him the right to complain about always wanting more money. The little b!tch has played in the league 5 years but has complained about wanting more money like 4 times already. Who the fvck does he think he is?

And I'm not the one that brought up location. You did claiming the team played in an urban setting referring to NYC. NOT where the fans are from. The stadium is in a marsh area. As for the loan......you claimed the taxpayers funded the stadium. I said Woody is because the loan is being paid out of who's pocket? Woody Johnson's. NOT the taxpayers. Its Woody's name on those loan docs isn't it?

Here is my post again. Show me where I said that MetLife stadium was funded by the taxpayers. Please show me.

I'll narrow it down for you.

The thing is the public doesn't want to pay for these new stadiums in tax dollars so the owners borrow money to build these new stadiums and then to payback that money they borrowed they raise ticket prices. The fans are going to pay for these new stadiums either way, either in taxes or in ticket prices or both.

I said "the public doesn't want to pay for these new stadiums in tax dollars." And how you got that I said that MetLife Stadium was paid for by the taxpayers in any of that is beyond me. Again you didn't read it or you read what you thought was there.

So that there is no confusion I said "the thing is the public doesn't want to pay for these new stadiums in tax dollars so the owners borrow money to build these new stadiums and then to payback that money they borrowed they raise ticket prices." Which is what the Jets did. They couldn't get the public to support paying for the new stadium in taxes so they BORROWED money to build the stadium. It was you that then said Woody Johnson paid for the stadium out of his pocket when he actually got a 650 million dollar LOAN from CitiGroup. But no it's easier to believe ticket prices are higher now because of little street thugs like Darrelle Revis, so let's all just believe that.

And that money in Woody Johnson's pocket just doesn't magically appear there. How do you think he gets that money to pay back those loans? Perhaps from the people who buy little pieces of paper that allows them to sit in that new stadium and watch a certain event? That's where I'd get that money from if I were him. I mean why should Woody have to pay out of his own pocket to payback the loans it took to build this new stadium? Why not charge the people sitting in this new, fancy, modern stadium extra for these new, fancy and modern things they didn't have at Giants Stadium? Again the public is going to pay for the new stadium one way or another. But Woody didn't build this new state of the art stadium out of the kindness of his own heart. If you (the fans) are going use the new and modern things this state of the art stadium provides, you're going to have to pay more for them.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#254 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Now you're just getting crazy. Ain't nobody got time to read all that.

#255 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 19 February 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

Now you're just getting crazy. Ain't nobody got time to read all that.

Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#256 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 19 February 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

A.P. was already playing in a game just over 8 months after srugery for his ACL & MCL. Revis isn't even going to START football related activities until almost 8 months after his.

What are you talking about? Hes about to be cleared to resume football workouts and hes around 4-5 months removed from surgery.
Posted Image

#257 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 19 February 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Can you show me where I said this?

I cannot. As I stated in the subsequent sentence that you deleted in that quote, after I called you on saying it in the shoutbox the posts there magically vanished. Believe me, I know what I read. It was a very drawn out soliloquy where you made some intentions known. As a moderator here for 7 years and a member for close to 12 I wouldn't just pin that on anyone. I know what I read, and I know who wrote it.

You're REALLY going to compare Mevis to A.P.? That's laughable to say the least. A.P. was already playing in a game just over 8 months after srugery for his ACL & MCL. Revis isn't even going to START football related activities until almost 8 months after his. You're counting on Revis being the same player he WAS. Notice the word in caps. WAS because right now, his only value is TRADE value because no one knows what he'll be able to do. I could be wrong and he could come back & play even better than before but I'm going off his own personal track record or NOT performing like he is capable of after extended time off. (See his holdout & how he wasn't himself & came up lame with hammy issues.)

Why can't I compare Revis to AP in this respect? They're both elite players at their respective positions (as much as you'll have a conniption fit about it, Revis is (not was) an elite. Even those in the camp of trading Revis say he deserves a great amount of money and works his ass off for this team. AP aside, that was just one example of a player who has come back from this same type of injury and not missed a beat. Pretty much everyone here says you're delusional as it pertains to Darrelle Revis as a player and his worth to this team, so it's like talking to the wall.

Since when is the stadium in Harlem? Last I checked it was in East Rutherford. A 20 minute drive can take someone from being in nothing but country space. Allentown, NJ is less than 20 minutes from Trenton & that's predominantly farmland. Would that be considered urban to you? Jesus fvcking Christ. You guys act like someone actually having a business mind & view to this $hit is like sacrilige or something. I could care less if anyone here likes me or not, but I have news for you. I don't give a $hit who's homeboys or not. You WILL give me the same respect you expect to get from me otherwise, expect to be treated the same as you treat me. Someone comes at me sideways, they're out of their fvcking minds if they think I'm just going to sit back & allow it to happen. Wanna talk like people can beat my as$? Funny how they back off when they're invited to attempt it. That's not flexing internet muscles or trying to act like anything. That's calling someone out when they want to let their mouth write checks their as$ can't cash. I already extended the so-called olive branch to try to kill the bullsh!t by saying let's agree to disagree, but some people prefer the bullsh!t to continue instead.

I never said the stadium was in Harlem. Whaaaat? I said it was a ~20 minute drive from Harlem. By the way, that reply that he wrote to you was completely facetious. He even said at the bottom of it, "see I can make myself sound like a moron too"

You guys want to pay players where we won't get the reward out of it. Go ahead....throw 80 - 100 Million at Mevis. And watch his historic highlight be that he got to play in back to back AFC Championship games & that's about it because the team will never go any further as long as it wants to pay guys on what they USED to do. Remember.....the team tried that experiment with another bum I never wanted on the team. His name was Brett Favre. He took us real far didn't he?

Until Revis comes out & PROVES what he is CURRENTLY.....I repeat....CURRENTLY worth, then his risk far outweighs the reward of having him get paid the ridiculous money he wants. Do I need to repeat once again that we need to get something for him while he IS worth something rather than getting nothing for him when he turns his back on all of you and signs somewhere else for more money? Or will you follow him to whatever team. I have a feeling at least one person will out of you.

I'm not going to reply the exact same thing again because you'll just overlook it, but people who want Revis on the team aren't Revis fanboys who have his junk in their mouth. If that's the case, then throughout this whole discussion, you have had the FO's junk firmly lodged in your mouth. Oh, and I want people to read this again...

Remember.....the team tried that experiment with another bum

Revis is a bum?? Stop posting...my conversation with you in this thread is finished. If you really think Darrelle Revis is a bum your head is way too in the clouds and have thrown any objectivity out the window
Posted ImagePosted Image

#258 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 19 February 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

What are you talking about? Hes about to be cleared to resume football workouts and hes around 4-5 months removed from surgery.

His injury happened September 23rd. He's not going to be cleared to even begin anything until sometime in April. You count. Oct, Nov. Dec, Jan, Feb, March, April.......that's seven. 10 if you count that he won't be REALLY cleared until camp in the end of July. Don't count from surgery. Count from injury. Its not the team's fault the dumbas$ waited to have surgery.

This is what Revisís trainer Will Sullivan recently told Connor Orr.

Football-related activities are not too far away. Sullivan hopes to get Revis out on the field in less than two months. (article Feb. 13)

ďFor me, I think Iím thumbs up in April, Iím going to get the green light in April,Ē Sullivan told The Star-Ledger in a recent phone interview. ďThe great thing is, thereís been no setbacks, itís been a great surgery, heís doing the right things ó he hasnít done too much, he hasnít done too little. Heís doing just enough to make sure heís cooperating with the doctor and physical therapist.

"Once I get the green light in April, itís time to go hit it hard on the field, so I have to make sure we hit it in a progressive manner. ... With him I have to start off with level one. Itís all about how he graduates from program to program."

"Youíve got to be careful with him because youíve got a history of bad hamstrings," Sullivan said. "I remember when, I think when he was at Pitt and training for the draft, we were running around and it doesnít take much for him to start straining that hamstring. And so I know for him, you always want to start off with the aerobic approach."

"We're going to make sure when camp starts he's going to be in condition," Sullivan said.

Sounds to me like his own training staff is giving a pre-existing excuse with the hammy issues. How many times should we expect to see him pull up lame this coming season? Every time he gets beat maybe? So let's see......Detroit was the first team to report to camp last year & that was July 23rd. That'll mean that before Mevis does any REAL Jets workouts, it would have been a full 10 months after the injury? Not 4-5. Just because he will be doing his own thing with his trainer doesn't mean he'll be ready or in football shape. This is the same guy he worked out with during his holdout & he did not come in looking or playing like he was in football game shape. He pulled up lame multiple times after getting burned. It's all about how he graduates from program to program........doesn't sound chock full of confidence to me.

#259 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

So what? The season doesn't start until September, him having more time to heal than Peterson is a positive not a negative.
Posted Image

#260 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

It's time for a lot of people to wake up & realize that Revis is NOT bound for the Hall of Fame. He's honestly no better than Ty Law. Or do you think Law is going to the Hall too considering during his first 6 years in the league, he had MORE INT's, MORE tackles, & same amount of Defensive TD's as Revis? Take a look at both of their first 6 years in the league & compare numbers.

I know everybody HOPES he comes back fine but its not going to happen with his people already making excuses for him. But yet people here will still say to look at AP & Jamal Charles. My point was Revis is no AP or Charles. Both of them were able to come back sooner than Revis without their people making excuses for them. They kept their mouth shut rather than crying that the owner doesn't want to pay them. Like I said......he's no superman or some God like people seem to think he is. If so, then he'd be ready in the same time as AP & have better numbers than a pedestrian Ty Law. But......he couldn't do either.

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users