NYJetsFan.com Forums: ***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
Resize Shouts Area

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** merged by Harlem

#301 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 22 February 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

And just so we're clear, I'm in the "trade Revis" camp, I just get tired of the bullshit you constantly spew.

Bvllshit I constantly spew? Really? In almost 7 years being here, you're got a total of 160 posts. Most of which are in this thread.

You say about next year with Revis.....here's one for you brainiac. If we don't give him the outrageous money he wants or trade him & he leaves via free agency, did you know we take a 9 million dollar cap hit NEXT year? Did you also know that without him, we were the ONLY team in the league to not allow a 100 yard receiver this past season?

Grow up & then come talk to me when you gain a little knowledge. Fvcking trolls from Miami are more active here than you are but I'm supposed to give a $hit about your opinion? ROFLMAO.

If you don't like how I speak or what I write, use the ignore button because I'm not changing for you or anyone else. Deal with it.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#303 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

I feel like FlyHi is a fake SHJ account that I use when I want to piss off everyone.

#304 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 22 February 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

I feel like FlyHi is a fake SHJ account that I use when I want to piss off everyone.

ROFLMAO!! Definitely got things fired up around here for a few days at least. Can't say this offseason is as bad as seasons past.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#305 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 22 February 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

Bvllshit I constantly spew? Really? In almost 7 years being here, you're got a total of 160 posts. Most of which are in this thread.

You say about next year with Revis.....here's one for you brainiac. If we don't give him the outrageous money he wants or trade him & he leaves via free agency, did you know we take a 9 million dollar cap hit NEXT year? Did you also know that without him, we were the ONLY team in the league to not allow a 100 yard receiver this past season?

Grow up & then come talk to me when you gain a little knowledge. Fvcking trolls from Miami are more active here than you are but I'm supposed to give a $hit about your opinion? ROFLMAO.

If you don't like how I speak or what I write, use the ignore button because I'm not changing for you or anyone else. Deal with it.

So because I don't post often I'm not active? I've read this site almost every day for the last 7 years, and yes, my posts are generally reserved for jerkoffs like you. So that makes my opinion less important? Lol, GTFO of here you damn hillbilly. It takes a pretty narcissistic asshole to believe his opinion is worth more than others, but I would expect nothing less from your inbred ass. Gain a little knowledge? This coming from the guy who just told me Graham tore his ACL last year? People on this site fact-check everything you say because you don't know shit champ, you just talk a big game and act like you do. Realize this, please, for the love of god: you are not better than any other poster on this site. You arguably contribute very little but vitriol and you should probably do the world a favor and proceed with a vasectomy. Save us from future generations of your bullshit please.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#306 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 22 February 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

Lol, GTFO of here you damn hillbilly. It takes a pretty narcissistic asshole to believe his opinion is worth more than others, but I would expect nothing less from your inbred ass.

You claim about fact checking, but you've STILL failed to produce 5 names that HAVE come back 100% from knee or ACL injuries. funny....I get ONE wrong out of 16 & I supposedly don't know $hit? My 18 month old neice is smarter than you are. Funny how I've already said I respect other people's opinions & I never once said my opinion is worth more than anyone else's. You're the narcicistic little pu$$y acting like your opinion is worth more than mine the talking $hit trying to get me banned. You claim I'm an inbred hillbilly.......I give you the same open invitiation to come check this inbred hillbilly. I guarantee you'll stay nice & safe behind your monitor & keyboard like the pu$$y you are. You are nowhere near on my level kid. Grow up, get a job & move out of Mommy & Daddy's basement.

Funny how you choose to ignore the challenge to actually produce names & you choose to ignore the actual sense I've made the entire time regarding this being a BUSINESS & the team needing to make the best business decision.

#307 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by FlyHiJets. View it anyway?

I've recently forgotten how to understand dumbasses, you'll have to excuse me.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#308 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 22 February 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

So you rely on Google for all of your information? EVERY one of those I listed with the exception of Graham had knee & acl injuries last year alone. He's living proof of the increased risk of re-injuring the ACL once its injured the first time. Or is it that he's just cursed according to you? As for your statement of people not getting a chance.......you're telling me they didn't work out with the team or go to camp if they were able & simply got out played therefore dropped on the depth chart? That would mean they weren't as good. Do better research next time & don't rely on Google so much. I'm done with you. I've now given you 15 players in the last 5 seasons who were hampered by knee & acl problems, research studies & other materials to which you could educate yourself but you're just stuck on this magic that Revis must possess to where he's a lock to come back 100% as far as you're concerned.

I am done just trying to piss you off now so I will be serious.

But it was not the first. All of them had ACLs before. Once a surgury is done it can only be as strong as that original surgury. Hence the whole medical advances arguement. The point is when you look at guys who have had their first ACL injury in the past 5 years they have come back strong. Maybe not 100% the first year but like some of the posts I have already made it can take up to 12 months to be @100%. Revis will be fine and will be a HOFer IMO. Trading away talent because he acts like a Diva does not make sense to me.
Posted Image

#309 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 21 February 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

What's wrong? The way I speak isn't up to your politcally correct standards? Fvck being politically correct. Political correctness is for pu$$ies.

Thank you for proving my point. :trink39:
Posted Image

#310 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 22 February 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

Thank you for proving my point. :trink39:/>

Proving what point? You act like its wrong to not conform to society. What gives other people the right to tell people how they should think or speak? Unless you're planning on doing my job for me & paying my bills, etc, you've got no business telling me how to do anything let alone how to speak.

As for the reason for the trade suggestion, you must not have read a single word I've said if you think I want to trade Revis simply because he's a diva. Would you prefer the 9 million dollar cap hit next season while he goes and cashes in somewhere else? Or do you prefer to throw 16+ million at someone who has a predisposition to re-injure the knee? We all know he's guaranteed hamstring issues.

And no.....Revis won't make the HOF but you're entitled to your opinion.

#311 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Any more talk of calling someone a pussy or using words to avoid the filter placed on the website and I'm going to go in action.

This thread is very close to being locked, if it wasn't such a snore fest around here atm, I'd be locked.

Get it together kids.

#312 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 22 February 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

So you rely on Google for all of your information? EVERY one of those I listed with the exception of Graham had knee & acl injuries last year alone. He's living proof of the increased risk of re-injuring the ACL once its injured the first time. Or is it that he's just cursed according to you? As for your statement of people not getting a chance.......you're telling me they didn't work out with the team or go to camp if they were able & simply got out played therefore dropped on the depth chart? That would mean they weren't as good. Do better research next time & don't rely on Google so much. I'm done with you. I've now given you 15 players in the last 5 seasons who were hampered by knee & acl problems, research studies & other materials to which you could educate yourself but you're just stuck on this magic that Revis must possess to where he's a lock to come back 100% as far as you're concerned.

So you have an issue with Google as well? How do you find your information? Bing? Ask Jeeves? Encyclopedia Britannica? Encarta?

#313 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Oh and players who have successfully returned from ACL injuries:

Casey Hampton
Thomas Davis
Domenik Hixon
Wes Welker
Jermanie Gresham
Willis McGahee
Adrian Peterson
Jamaal Charles

#314 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostChaos, on 22 February 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

Oh and players who have successfully returned from ACL injuries:

Casey Hampton
Thomas Davis
Domenik Hixon
Wes Welker
Jermanie Gresham
Willis McGahee
Adrian Peterson
Jamaal Charles

Chaos.......have all of these players returned at 100%? If not, the list is worthless. Simply returning is nothing big. It's either 63 or 67% of people with ACL injuries can return. The question is, can they perform at the level they once did? And how much increased risk is there of re-injuring themselves or having hammy issues which will also hamper their production? Unless there's a 95+% that Revis would return to 100% and perform at the level he once did (prior to his holdout), he's not worth 16+ million. He's got (in my opinion) less than a 50% chance of that happening. Why? Because he couldn't even return at 100% from his holdout let alone return from a serious injury.

And btw....while McGahee returned from the injury, his production went from 1200 yards per season to an average of 500 yards not eclipsing 700 yards again until 2011. That doesn't sound like returning 100% to me.

#315 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

McGahee tore his ACL in college.

#316 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 23 February 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Chaos.......have all of these players returned at 100%? If not, the list is worthless. Simply returning is nothing big. It's either 63 or 67% of people with ACL injuries can return. The question is, can they perform at the level they once did? And how much increased risk is there of re-injuring themselves or having hammy issues which will also hamper their production? Unless there's a 95+% that Revis would return to 100% and perform at the level he once did (prior to his holdout), he's not worth 16+ million. He's got (in my opinion) less than a 50% chance of that happening. Why? Because he couldn't even return at 100% from his holdout let alone return from a serious injury.

And btw....while McGahee returned from the injury, his production went from 1200 yards per season to an average of 500 yards not eclipsing 700 yards again until 2011. That doesn't sound like returning 100% to me.

All this player playing at 100% stuff is laughable. All that is a matter of perception. There is no gauge on the human body to show if a player (or any person) is playing (or working) at 100% or lower. All of this talk of who has and has not performed at 100% since their ACL injuries is all based off of opinion and not any fact. So if you're trying to make an argument that Revis won't return to 100% (whatever you believe 100% to be) of course you're going to say other players with the same injury haven't returned to 100% since their ACL injuries. Obviously you're not going say that any of the players azjetfan and Chaos cited are not back at "100%" since their injuries, because admitting that would mean that it is likely that Revis will too. And that would mean that you'd have to eliminate a reason for trading him. But this "100%" talk is just ridiculous because if I wanted to say Peyton Manning wasn't at 100% last season, I could. There is no gauge on his body that we could look at to see a measurement of what his actual performance output was. One person's 100% could be another person's 40% and another person's 160%. There's no accurate measurement.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#317 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

hey 16 pages of trade talk? what would happen if the people that matter in the situation, never even trade him?
i'm just saying.

#318 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Our daily Darrelle: What are the Jets' chances of trading CB Darrelle Revis before the draft? "Not a chance," said one agent, alluding to the lack of cap space around the league. Revis is thought to be seeking about $16 million a year, the annual salary for Bills DE Mario Williams, the highest-paid defensive player. The agent described that deal as an aberration, saying he doesn't expect a cornerback to land a contract that big. One man's opinion -- for what it's worth.

Posted Image

#319 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

View Postjet-man, on 23 February 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

hey 16 pages of trade talk? what would happen if the people that matter in the situation, never even trade him?
i'm just saying.

They have to trade him. Some of the people on this site don't want that to happen but they really have no good choices here other than that. If he doesn't recover well we are screwed, If he does recover well we can't afford his price. No corner is worth $16 million. If we don't trade him and he walks we are the laughing stock of the league and we will get nothing in return for losing him. And there might even be a big cap hit. If we trade him now the market is skeptical and we won't get as much as we would if he was healthy. If we wait until he comes back and he is healthy we can trade him and get the most value but the 2013 draft will be long gone.

My thoughts are to try and trade him now and hope we can get a 1 and 3 for him. Maybe if a team has cap money they will consider it - it's certainly possible.

If we can pull that off and we can find a team willing to trade up for our #9 in the first we can move down to maybe #14 or #15 and pick up a 2nd round pick. That would give us 2 first round, 2 second round and 2 third round picks, And the nice thing is rookies don't cost as much anymore so our cap hit would be manageable. We could draft OLB's, S, CB, OG, T, TE.

Then we go after Moore at QB or maybe even talk to Seahawks about trading our 4th round pick for Flynn.

Finally, we let Keller, Landry, Greene, Moore walk and try to resign Bell, DeVito, Edwards. Not sure about Slauson.

No CB is worth $16 mil and the disruption it is causing. And Revis is my favorite Jet by far. Only other way is if he was willing to take less and his personality doesn't lend itself to that.

#320 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

View Postchocomag, on 25 February 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

If we don't trade him and he walks we are the laughing stock of the league and we will get nothing in return for losing him. And there might even be a big cap hit.

We take 9 million in dead money if we don't trade him & he walks after the 2013 season.

#321 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 25 February 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

We take 9 million in dead money if we don't trade him & he walks after the 2013 season.

That just can't happen. I say we trade him either now if the deal is right or during the summer if he appears healthy and hope next years draft is deep

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users