NYJetsFan.com Forums: ***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) I'm watching cops lol
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) yo
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) YO!
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:58 PM) LFC could win the league on my birthday
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) zzzzzzzz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Resize Shouts Area

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

***darrelle Revis Trade Discussion*** merged by Harlem

#41 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 25 January 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

99........You keep talking Revis is worth 16 million per year. He's NOT. I do't give a fvck who he is. He's NOT a QB. And YES....Cro was comparable to Revis considering our pass defense was BETTER without him than it was with him. With him we finished #5. Without him we finished #2.

And what was our ranking in rush defense? The Jets had one of the the worst rush defenses in the league. As somebody on this board said last week, YOU DON'T HAVE TO PASS THE BALL IF YOU CAN RUN THE BALL. The Jets couldn't stop the other team's rushing attack. So if the opponent can run all over you, they don't have to pass the ball as much. That "we had a great pass defense without Revis" argument is so full of shit when you factor in the Jets' rush defense ranking. The Jets were out rushed in 7 of the 10 losses.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#42 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 25 January 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

99........You keep talking Revis is worth 16 million per year. He's NOT. I do't give a fvck who he is. He's NOT a QB. And YES....Cro was comparable to Revis considering our pass defense was BETTER without him than it was with him. With him we finished #5. Without him we finished #2. Considering through the first 12 games of the season we had the HARDEST schedule in the league, that's kinda saying something. But you choose to keep turning a blind eye to it because you're so in love with him. you REALLY need to get something through your head bro......say Revis plays through 2013 for the 6 million. Do you REALLY think he's coming back here after that? HELL NO. He's going to the highest bidder. He doesn't care one bit about the Jets. He's already proven that more than once. But you think it's more important to sign Revis alone & continue to be mediocre at best & continue to miss the playoffs for years so long as Revis is on the field because we can't afford to sign anyone else. But that's okay with you as long as Revis is on the field. You forget....the team is called the New York Jets. Not the New York Revis.

As for your statement that he deserves to be the highest paid CB in the league.....right now he doesn't deserve anything other than the 6 million he's due (3 million base & 3 million roster bonus) because you have NO CLUE as to whether or not he's able to play like he used to or not coming off that ACL injury. Nobody does. Even if he does come back as good as he was, I'd rather trade him now & get something for him than have him leave after the 2013 season and get nothing at all for him or have him hold the team for ransom like he's done twice in the past like the little street thug that he is. Again.....Revis is a legend in only 2 peoples minds. Yours and his own. If you think he's going to be a Hall of Famer, I'm willing to bet you're sadly mistaken. I'll root for him as long as he's in a Jets uniform but on the street, I wouldn't piss on him to put him out if he were on fire.

You're wild...
Posted Image

#43 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Woody knows we wouldn't be able to resign him because the little street thug wants 16 million per year. He's NOT worth that kind of money & he's not going to give the Jets any kind of discount in order to stay here. He's no different than some scum little stickup kid on a street corner holding people up. I say good riddance and let us get multiple picks for him rather than him ensuring that we remain out of the playoffs for years to come just in order to keep him paid. Anyone that thinks he's above the team is not a Jets fan. Stop fooling yourselves into thinking that we can afford to sign him to some ridiculous 100 million dollar contract that he's NOT worth. This team has far too many holes to fill. You b!tch & complain that we don't have receivers, our LB's are getting old 7 slow, our RB's are not good enough, our QB isn't good enough, we have to re-sign or get a new TE, 2 of our FS are FA's. AND we're 20 million over the cap but you want to give this jerkoff a 100 million dollar contract. Yeah......that's a good way to get us back into contention. smh
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#44 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Were the Vikings better off with Napoleon Harris, Troy Williamson, and their 7th round picks instead of Randy Moss?
Posted Image

#45 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

...Street thug? Posted Image

#46 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

I swear some of you are so clueless. Given this teams draft history, they managed to pull off drafting the best defensive player in the game, and some of you wanted him traded. This team is NOT talented right now. Trading the most talented player in the league (and probably in Jets history) will NOT improve the New York Jets in 2013.
Posted Image

#47 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 25 January 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Were the Vikings better off with Napoleon Harris, Troy Williamson, and their 7th round picks instead of Randy Moss?

Which Randy Moss? The one that went to Oakland or the one the went to the Pats? Cause if it's the first one, then yes.

#48 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 January 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

Which Randy Moss? The one that went to Oakland or the one the went to the Pats? Cause if it's the first one, then yes.

His first year with Oakland he was a 1,000 yard receiver. Harris' 1st year with Minnesota he had 25 tackles and one sack. Williamson had 372 yards that same year. Come again?
Posted Image

#49 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 25 January 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

I swear some of you are so clueless. Given this teams draft history, they managed to pull off drafting the best defensive player in the game, and some of you wanted him traded.

Here's a list of all the players we drafted since Terry Bradway has been GM/Director of Scouting:

Santana Moss: serviceable. Made All Pro team and Pro Bowl once.

Bryan Thomas: serviceable.

Dewayne Robertson: Bust.

Jonathan Vilma: Perenial Pro Bowler (3 times)

No draft pick

D'Brickashaw Ferguson Perenial Pro Bowler (3 times)

Nick Mangold: Probable HOFer

Darrelle Revis: Probable HOFer

Vernon Gholston: BUST

Dustin Keller: serviceable

Mark Sanchez: bust

Kyle Wilson: serviceable bust

Muhammad Wilkerson: too soon to tell, signs are there

Quinton Coples: too soon to tell, like what I saw

So thats 10 drafts, 12 players. 2 HOFers. 4 ProBowlers. 4 Busts and 3 solid players. We're only doing 8 years, so that's not too bad. We draft a Pro Bowler every other year (and unfortunately a bust as well). It's basically a coin flip.

This team is NOT talented right now.

Agreed. This is why we should be stockpilling picks.

Trading the most talented player in the league (and probably in Jets history) will NOT improve the New York Jets in 2013.

How's keeping Revis going to improve the Jets? He missed this season and we won 6 games. How many games would we have won had he been healthy? We'd still be below .500, which is why in my eyes, he's expendable.

#50 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I'm talking about further back than that...historically the Jets have been completely inept when it comes to drafting. Why does it make sense to trade the best defensive player in the game and take a $3M cap hit when Cromartie could get traded (not endorsing it, but I wouldn't have an issue with it) and free up $8.25M in space (Sanchez's entire guaranteed salary). Paying a player of Revis' caliber should be the top priority, to be honest.
Posted Image

#51 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

I would still like to know what team is going to trade away VALUABLE draft picks for Revis (who they would have to negotiate a new contract with)? How does this trade benefit THEM? All I've read from the "lets trade Revis (a.k.a. the little street thug) for picks" people is how this trade would benefit us. The other 31 teams in the league aren't focused on doing a trade that will just benefit the Jets. This ain't Madden franchise mode folks.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#52 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 25 January 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

I would still like to know what team is going to trade away VALUABLE draft picks for Revis (who they would have to negotiate a new contract with)? How does this trade benefit THEM? All I've read from the "lets trade Revis (a.k.a. the little street thug) for picks" people is how this trade would benefit us. The other 31 teams in the league aren't focused on doing a trade that will just benefit the Jets. This ain't Madden franchise mode folks.

Are you shitting me? I listened to Francesa's show all day and they pretty much had a caller from every team throwing trades out there. One AZ fan suggested something novel: Larry Fitz and their 1st (4th overall) for Revis. If we can throw in Sanchez into that trade and ship them a 3rd, I'd sign up for that in a second. You're severelly underestimating Revis' value and his reputation. There are 31 teams out there that would love him, and at only $6M this year, he's playing at about a 70% discount.

#53 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 25 January 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

I'm talking about further back than that...historically the Jets have been completely inept when it comes to drafting. Why does it make sense to trade the best defensive player in the game and take a $3M cap hit when Cromartie could get traded (not endorsing it, but I wouldn't have an issue with it) and free up $8.25M in space (Sanchez's entire guaranteed salary). Paying a player of Revis' caliber should be the top priority, to be honest.

I don't buy into that "historically" stuff. If you take out the last 13 years, "historically" New England Patriots have been a shitty team. See what I did there? We can only take the team as it is now. We're trading Revis for one reason: we can't resign him. Given his history with contract talks, the inability of us to tag him if we cant agree and his relationship with ownership, he's a certain lock to enter Free Agency. The Jets want to cash out while they can. Why not?

#54 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 25 January 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

Woody knows we wouldn't be able to resign him because the little street thug wants 16 million per year. He's NOT worth that kind of money & he's not going to give the Jets any kind of discount in order to stay here. He's no different than some scum little stickup kid on a street corner holding people up. I say good riddance and let us get multiple picks for him rather than him ensuring that we remain out of the playoffs for years to come just in order to keep him paid. Anyone that thinks he's above the team is not a Jets fan. Stop fooling yourselves into thinking that we can afford to sign him to some ridiculous 100 million dollar contract that he's NOT worth. This team has far too many holes to fill. You b!tch & complain that we don't have receivers, our LB's are getting old 7 slow, our RB's are not good enough, our QB isn't good enough, we have to re-sign or get a new TE, 2 of our FS are FA's. AND we're 20 million over the cap but you want to give this jerkoff a 100 million dollar contract. Yeah......that's a good way to get us back into contention. smh

Whoa. I mean this seriously...and I mean seriously, not like sarcasm, jokey joke haha...but if you really feel that strongly about someone you've never met then you should seek some help.
Posted Image

#55 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 January 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

Are you shitting me? I listened to Francesa's show all day and they pretty much had a caller from every team throwing trades out there. One AZ fan suggested something novel: Larry Fitz and their 1st (4th overall) for Revis. If we can throw in Sanchez into that trade and ship them a 3rd, I'd sign up for that in a second. You're severelly underestimating Revis' value and his reputation. There are 31 teams out there that would love him, and at only $6M this year, he's playing at about a 70% discount.

If the Jets are getting back serious PROVEN talent in return, I am much more willing to listen. But these are fans talking, and that is just a ludicrous trade for the Cardinals.

You will not find a trade that works out well for both parties when a potential HOF talent is being traded. It's just not going to happen. And with the Jets recent drafting history, I'm not too optimistic. What I am annoyed by is Woody willing to trade for Tebow to fill seats but the giving away home grown talent for money reasons. Figure something out. Revis wants $16 mil a year but he will be very much challenged to find that anywhere. Jets need to find a way to make Revis fit, not trade him away. Jets are making some cap room this season. Holmes will be gone next season. Sanchez will more than likely be out too. The money can be found and for a player like Revis, it needs to be.

And if he ends up on the Pats somehow after this? Not only will I be done with the Jets, you can guarantee Brady another ring.

#56 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 January 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

Oh a caller into a sports radio talk show (who's host you guys hate apparently) has the answer. Well that settles it let's buy Revis a plane ticket to Arizona right now. Did that caller even mention Arizona's cap situation? Can the Cardinals afford to give Revis a new contract and take care of their other priorities? What is Fitzgerald's contract situation? Will the Jets have the cap space to keep him long term? And if we're trading away Sanchez who's going to replace him to throw Fitzgerald the football? And why would they (a team that has needed a QB since Warner retired) take Sanchez after seeing the way he played this season? You actually think a team that got bitten in the ass with the Kevin Kolb trade just a few short years ago would go down that road again? No I don't want to hear from a fan calling into a sports radio show, I want to hear from somebody close to the Cardinals FO how a trade like that benefits them in the long run. It's already been said but I'll say it again, the problem is the rumored teams out there that would love to have Revis are already playoff teams and so any first round pick we'd get for Revis would be late in the first round.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

#57 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 25 January 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Whoa. I mean this seriously...and I mean seriously, not like sarcasm, jokey joke haha...but if you really feel that strongly about someone you've never met then you should seek some help.

The dude said he would kill illegal immigrants just for being in this country illegally. It's either internet muscles or he's really not playing with a full deck.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

#58 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 25 January 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

The dude said he would kill illegal immigrants just for being in this country illegally. It's either internet muscles or he's really not playing with a full deck.

It's neither. I simply say what I feel & yes,......I would do it. That's got nothing to do with not playing with a full deck. It's simply got to do with believing in living with common sense rather than being a pvssy & living to please other people. Fvck other people & this political correct bull$hit. Illegals are nothing more than worthless pieces of $hit that have no right to be here. They are CRIMINALS. Same goes for Revis as far as I'm concerned. He doesn't care one tiny bit about any of you that support him so vehemently but yet you guys are willing to say fvck it. You're willing to not be a contender just as long as you have your one pvssy lining up on defense that'll grab his hamstring every time he gets beat & demand a new contract every 2-3 years. THAT makes him the little street thug when he knows damn well that he is making sure the team can;t afford to improve but he doesn't care as long as he's getting paid his 16 million per year. Once again.....he is the Keyshawn Johnson of Defense. If you don't like how I think or how I say it, don't read my posts because I don't plan on going anywhere. I prefer common sense whereas you guys would prefer to kiss this bum's as$.

As for that bull$hit about run defense....do you realistically expect ANY of the holes int he team to improve if you give this dovchebag the money he wants? GTFO
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#59 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Revis doesn't have any right to be in the country?
Posted Image

#60 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 25 January 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

Revis doesn't have any right to be in the country?

Goodell wants to set up a team in England right? We got him his first expansion player. Jets gave up one good CB due to money reasons to an expansion team, why not give a way a better one?

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users