NYJetsFan.com Forums: If You Could Move/live Anywhere In The Country - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 September 2014 - 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:05 PM) SPIDER Y 2 BANANA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:44 PM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:54 PM) Eagles need to START SANCHEZ abandon the foles ship
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) Good morning
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) The title race is REAL
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) Liverpool wtf pk minute 90
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) 05 probably doing an air guitar
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 04:34 PM) How was milber?
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 09:25 PM) Milber for prez
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 11:57 AM) santana you've ruined this site
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:01 PM) Cool you should share your thoughts in a post
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:02 PM) Round up the guys and be like hey we hate this guy so what can we do to fix what's broken
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:05 PM) meh no thanks, everyone else is fine. i just hop on every now and then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:07 PM) Enjoy your stay then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:09 PM) Seems like the jets could be without decker for a while
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) UEFA TIME
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) Mawae 2015 Hof for sure
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 03:35 PM) Jeromeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jetsrule1006 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 07:50 PM) The real question is why isn't #68 jersey retired
FlyHiJets Icon : (18 September 2014 - 10:57 AM) #68 should get retired but considering he didn't end his career with us............
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 11:18 AM) Decker is practing today, hopefully he's fine. I finally can watch a jets game live this Monday night
santana Icon : (18 September 2014 - 01:30 PM) That's good
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:11 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:11 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:27 PM) agreed
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:49 PM) Oh hey there buddy
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:52 PM) harlem whats up dude
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:57 PM) Nada much man getting ready to watch this game
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:58 PM) watching Kansas State shoot themselves
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 07:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 08:35 PM) Should have signed Hester.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 08:36 PM) this game might be the worst game I have ever watched, pretty pathetic.
azjetfan Icon : (18 September 2014 - 09:31 PM) With our complete disaster of a secondary I am a little surprised we have not either signed a guy like Samuel or made a trade
azjetfan Icon : (19 September 2014 - 04:06 PM) Milliner also has a quad now. It really makes sense just to sit him until he is 100%. Lets get healthy instead of risking injury or letting Marshal go 80 for a TD.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:53 PM) Looks like Milliner will sit this week. Has not practiced this week.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:20 PM) WOO! Real! 8-2 shooting practice
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:21 PM) boo Liverpool
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:21 PM) FIRE RAUL!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:21 PM) idzik for admin! Milber for moderator!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:32 PM) http://gifwall.net/g...a3jjPhnyiS0.gif
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

If You Could Move/live Anywhere In The Country

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Debating making a move out of Cheeseland and debating whee to go. On one hand I have family in NY, AZ, SC, GA, FL and WI on the other I have lived there before. Things that are important to us are good schools that are properly funded, reasonable cost of living including taxes, social events and of course jobs. So what or where would you move and why?
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,775
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 03 February 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Debating making a move out of Cheeseland and debating whee to go. On one hand I have family in NY, AZ, SC, GA, FL and WI on the other I have lived there before. Things that are important to us are good schools that are properly funded, reasonable cost of living including taxes, social events and of course jobs. So what or where would you move and why?


I enjoyed my brief stay in tampa florida last month. Didn't feel that over populated. I don't think i could sustain the hot weather all year but it seemed nice. No income tax also. I'm sure someone else on the board can hopefully give unbiased suggestion or further info about tampa. If I had to make the same decision for my parents I would send them in that direction.

Another suggestion is richmond va low cost of living. I had a great paying job there almost zero traffic and good airport.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#3 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

View Postsantana, on 03 February 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

I enjoyed my brief stay in tampa florida last month. Didn't feel that over populated. I don't think i could sustain the hot weather all year but it seemed nice. No income tax also. I'm sure someone else on the board can hopefully give unbiased suggestion or further info about tampa. If I had to make the same decision for my parents I would send them in that direction.

Another suggestion is richmond va low cost of living. I had a great paying job there almost zero traffic and good airport.

I do not think I would want to live in the south again. Hot, Very humid and Slooowwww. I do have family in FL (Orlando, Vero Beach). The places I am researching now are Denver CO. Eastern KY TN area and western Oregon. All have a good income to expense ratio, good schools and things to do. I will say that suprisingly KY and TN really have intrested me. I may take a little trip next month during spring break.
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,775
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 04 February 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

I do not think I would want to live in the south again. Hot, Very humid and Slooowwww. I do have family in FL (Orlando, Vero Beach). The places I am researching now are Denver CO. Eastern KY TN area and western Oregon. All have a good income to expense ratio, good schools and things to do. I will say that suprisingly KY and TN really have intrested me. I may take a little trip next month during spring break.


I've never been to any of those places
why the change?
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

I like to move. I consider it a life experience. My field of work allows me to find a job just about anywhere. I guess I like change. More exploring right now than a firm choice. Also tired of snow. Has not been above freezing here for probably six weeks.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,029
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

My family used to have a house in Denver, CO. Grandparents sold it a couple of years before they died. Really loved the area when I was there although I haven't been back in a while. Recently passed legislation might make me want to go back though :victory:
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 04 February 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

My family used to have a house in Denver, CO. Grandparents sold it a couple of years before they died. Really loved the area when I was there although I haven't been back in a while. Recently passed legislation might make me want to go back though :victory:/>

When I lived in AZ I used to go to Bronco games with some friends and have done a few MTB races in the area as well. I would say I have spent enough time there to say I believe I would like it. Before I moved to WI, I considered FT. Collins. I could have transferred with Wells Fargo since there was a DM position open at the time. It would have been a step down though so I went to WI. Also my wife has family here. The more I read about Knoxsville and Asheville the more I like it. Planning a trip through that area over spring break.
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,775
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Denver seems so colddddddddddd

As I get older i feel like winter depresses me more each year
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

View Postsantana, on 05 February 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

Denver seems so colddddddddddd

As I get older i feel like winter depresses me more each year


It was -2 degrees here this morning. We have not been above freezing since well before Christmas. -19 degrees two thursdays ago. Have not seen my lawn since Halloween (snow). Denver seems pretty warm to me.
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   MNJET Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 276
  • Joined: 14-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Denver rarely gets as cold as WI/MN (-13 below last Friday morning). It will get hit with snowstorms, but the daily average high is still 45 degrees in January. I have family in Boulder, and every time I have been out there it has been great.
0

#11 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostMNJET, on 06 February 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Denver rarely gets as cold as WI/MN (-13 below last Friday morning). It will get hit with snowstorms, but the daily average high is still 45 degrees in January. I have family in Boulder, and every time I have been out there it has been great.


Down in Charelston, Beaufort SC Area. 66degrees sunny and beautiful. Meanwhile just got off phone with my wife and she said its 15 degrees. Mmmmmm
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,239
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

I think once I reach retirement age I'm going to move to southern California. Probably Santa Barbara. I can't see myself as an old man still dealing with snow.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#13 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,029
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

My dad says when he retires from politics he wants to move to Dominican Republic...I need to take my ass back down there too
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#14 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,239
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 09 February 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

My dad says when he retires from politics he wants to move to Dominican Republic...I need to take my ass back down there too



Hopefully in a few years Americans will be able to travel to Cuba as tourist. That's where I'd like to visit. Hopefully Castro will finally die soon and maybe that will do more to ease restrictions.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#15 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

The cost of living is a little to high in SoCal. Also I really don't like high temps. AZ was like a damn oven. One of the reasons I left. Hilton Head Island was nice but very tourist driven. Also getting over populated. Otherwise I did like the south for the most part.
Posted Image
0

#16 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,029
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Speaking of the cost of living...I'm looking to go to graduate school in the Fall and I'd want to move into graduate student housing, they want $1,500 a month for a studio :banghead: . Here in NYC though that's about the norm.
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#17 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 09 February 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Speaking of the cost of living...I'm looking to go to graduate school in the Fall and I'd want to move into graduate student housing, they want $1,500 a month for a studio :banghead:/> . Here in NYC though that's about the norm.

What does that include? Utilities, Phone, Internet, or Cable?
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

I've been pushing to move out West for a while. In the last 2 years, I had friends move to San Diego, LA, Vegas (3 different people) and Seattle. My wife loves LA. I would do Vegas, but it's too damn hot and I'm not sure how it will be once my son starts getting out and about. I floated the idea of FL but she said she'd rather move to Jamaica. I really hate the winter so I'm looking to go South or West.
0

#19 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,029
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 12 February 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

What does that include? Utilities, Phone, Internet, or Cable?


It comes furnished, wi-fi/cable ready, and includes all utilities. In the grand scheme of things it isn't that bad
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#20 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 09 February 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Speaking of the cost of living...I'm looking to go to graduate school in the Fall and I'd want to move into graduate student housing, they want $1,500 a month for a studio :banghead:/> . Here in NYC though that's about the norm.


If this is in the city, that's actually a bargain.
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users