NYJetsFan.com Forums: If You Could Move/live Anywhere In The Country - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) its deff a good move for the jets they will probably manage to sell some tickets for the rest of the year
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:26 PM) nice to see a move finally, hopefully he can stay healthy and give us a spark
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:27 PM) put a spork in that salad
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:39 PM) Should have gotten desean Jackson this offsesson
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:43 PM) yup
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) wowsers
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) i'm still crying from last night
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) and on top of that the jets fuccked me again by getting harvin before he could play this week lol
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) stop your crying THERE'S NO CRYING AT NYJETSFAN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Jets are cutting David Nelson
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 AM) the probably could have had Santana Moss cheap. He has been healthy all season but inactive every week
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:06 AM) I'd prefer to keep him and cut Salas
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 AM) you would of thought david nelson would of been more of a redzone threat by this point. hes a big dude.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:39 AM) real madrid shooting practice continues
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Today, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Today, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Today, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Today, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Today, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Today, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Today, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Today, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Today, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Today, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Today, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Today, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Today, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Today, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Today, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Today, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Today, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Today, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

If You Could Move/live Anywhere In The Country

#21 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 16 February 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

If this is in the city, that's actually a bargain.

Yeah it is in the city...I'm just hoping I can get a shit ton of financial aid to pay for it still lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 16 February 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

Yeah it is in the city...I'm just hoping I can get a shit ton of financial aid to pay for it still lol

If you want to live in the city, you really don't have much options. You can try to find a room somewhere, but that will probably run you close to 1000... unless you get lucky. But then again, you're going to have to kick in for utilities. Depending on where you want to go to school, the BX or BK can be a much cheaper alternative. While I was in school, I lived in the BX and was paying chump change.

#23 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

I'm pushing the wife for LA. It might take some getting used to...like driving and shit...but I just can't take winter anymore. I long for that dry, sunny weather

But....of your options I'd go Colorado or Oregon. Both places are awesome....and CO really doesn't get that cold.
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 06 March 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

I'm pushing the wife for LA. It might take some getting used to...like driving and shit...but I just can't take winter anymore. I long for that dry, sunny weather

But....of your options I'd go Colorado or Oregon. Both places are awesome....and CO really doesn't get that cold.

We had 12" of snow last night. Needless to say I have the itch to get the heck out of here. Spring is around the corner though and May through October is awesome here. Maybe in the fall. Making my way down though the Appalachian mountains end of this month.
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Ideally after I get out of grad school I'm hoping to move to CT or somewhere like that. As much as I say I want to get out of NY I don't want to be ridiculously far away
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 07 March 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

Ideally after I get out of grad school I'm hoping to move to CT or somewhere like that. As much as I say I want to get out of NY I don't want to be ridiculously far away

I thought about moving back to the North East but the cost of living is so out of control even when taking the increased income into account. Would be hard to develop personal wealth (retirement ect)living there. Not that I will ever be filthy rich but I still want to retire and send my kid to college and stuff.
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

I traveled down through Illinois Indiana Kentucky Tennessee North Carolina into South Carolina. I spent some time in Kentucky and South Carolina. After roaming around Kentucky I decided it was a poor fit for the Family. Although I loved the fact it has all four seasons and the outdoors of it, I found the pace of life to slow and the workforce seemed poor. Being a manager of people for a living, I do not need that frustration. Keep in mind this was all done in a couple days so I could be completely wrong. This is all snapshot.

Next up was South Carolina. I was pretty much raised on Hilton Head Island and have some experience there, but I moved away 14 years ago and a lot has changed. I spent time in Charleston and loved it. Awesome downtown area for culture, within a 20 minute drive you can be in the country and everything else in the middle. Average workforce with big college and arts presence.

Negatives
Public schools are poor.
3 of four seasons

Positives
Low property and income tax
With an average workforce my wife and I should be able to obtain a job quickly
A lot of diversity
Family within two hours.

This could be the next area for us. I would probably want to pay for a private school or at least additional education for my kid. Otherwise this seems like a great place to live. More to come...
Posted Image

#28 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

some days i just want to move to miami or travel around till my finances and liver is ruined
then come back to washington to rebuild my life
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#29 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

If I was a single guy I would have left WI years ago. Probably after the first couple years.
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

View Postsantana, on 01 April 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

some days i just want to move to miami or travel around till my finances and liver is ruined
then come back to washington to rebuild my life

Unless you're living on South Beach (and it takes a very special kind of person to live on South Beach), I can firmly say that Miami blows. For almost every reason...it blows.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users