NYJetsFan.com Forums: Ahmad Bradshaw Thinking About Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) Jets starting Geno again.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) FIRE IDZIK,
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) I really hope the JEts completely clean house this offseason and get rid of everyone, it's time.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 AM) We need to keep getting embarrassed every week to ensure that. That is why I don't give a shit about getting destroyed, it makes the team look like more of a joke and forces Woody to make real changes
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Ahmad Bradshaw Thinking About Jets

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Could former New York Giants starting running back Ahmad Bradshaw trade in his "Big Blue" colors for a "Gang Green" jersey next season?

According to the two-time Super Bowl champion, he is not ruling out a chance to stay in the New York area.

"Whoever I feel that I can get a better chance of playing and helping which team," Bradshaw said on the NFL Network Tuesday. "The New York Jets are a team that I've kinda been thinking about, just to stay home, not make a big move from New York. It's just right across the street from where I am now."

If this is the case, the offensively-challenged Jets would be silly not to listen.

Bradshaw is the type of explosive tailback the Jets are looking for. He rushed for 1,015 yards and averaged 4.6 yards per carry last season. Jets leading rusher Shonn Greene, who lacks big-play ability, is an unrestricted free agent and probably won't return.

But there are two issues for the Jets to consider: health and money. Bradshaw has battled injuries the past two seasons, and durability could be a concern. The Jets also began the offseason about $19 million over the cap and might not have enough wiggle room to afford Bradshaw in free agency.

I would take Bradshaw depending on how much he would cost. Big upgrade over Greene.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

he's a good RB but nothing special. I don't see him as an upgrade over greene. especially with his injury concerns.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

I'm shellshocked by this analysis^^
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Why does every player who the Giants no longer wish to pay thinks he can come to the Jets and help? You got 2 messed up feet and you got beaten out by a rookie and a guy who was a career practice squad player. GTFOH

#5 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 12 February 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Why does every player who the Giants no longer wish to pay thinks he can come to the Jets and help? You got 2 messed up feet and you got beaten out by a rookie and a guy who was a career practice squad player. GTFOH

He would instantly become their best RB.

Personally, I' rather they draft someone in the 2nd-4th round range, but to say he wouldn't help the Jets is comical.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#6 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 12 February 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

He would instantly become their best RB.

Personally, I' rather they draft someone in the 2nd-4th round range, but to say he wouldn't help the Jets is comical.

He would be helpful until he hits the DL. Id rather draft a player with some potential than signing an injury prone RB.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

View Postextmenace, on 12 February 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

He would be helpful until he hits the DL. Id rather draft a player with some potential than signing an injury prone RB.

i'm with this statement. bradhsaws shelf life is almost over and he was only an average back behind a great o-line with injury issues. just like jacobs. the giants RBs were overrated. it was the o-line mostly. all their Rbs taht leave don't do jack afterwards. jacobs, ward, etc. we still have powell and mcknight and can get another one in the 4th or later
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Behind a great OL? The giants OL hasn't been great in years. Hes coming off of a season with a 4.6 YPC and over 1,000+ yards. He knows how to actually make guys miss and break tackles.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

View Postextmenace, on 12 February 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

I absolutely agree on drafting a RB in the draft. I'd be shocked if they didn't. I don't see why they can't do both if the price is right.

If Bradshaw is agreeable to a contract structure similar to Landry's this past season (aka stay healthy, get paid), I see no reason why any Jets fan would be against it. Hell, I'd be for it even with a normal contract structure assuming it fits under their cap plans.

He's light years ahead of Greene, can catch the ball out of the backfield, and fits the West Coast scheme. He'll be 27 next season (Greene will be 28 with only 100 less career carries) and basically has four years of experience (barely carried the ball his first two years). He's not old and doesn't have that much mileage on him. He should have at least 2-3 more extremely productive seasons.

Behind a great OL? The giants OL hasn't been great in years. Hes coming off of a season with a 4.6 YPC and over 1,000+ yards. He knows how to actually make guys miss and break tackles.

^This.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 12 February 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

you mean an o-line that produced 3 RBs (warn, jacobs, bradshaw) who all averaged over 5 YPC and 2 (jacobs and ward) who broke 1000 yards? ward went off to TB and did nothing afterwards. Jacobs averaged over 4.5 YPC his career and couldn't even see the field in SF. the giants o-line is still top 5 even last year. and they actually have a threat of a pass, something we don't have. with cruz and nicks teams have to respect that and can't load the box either. bradhsaw has never been healthy a full season since getting the work load. has 2 bad ankles, and has been behind a great o-line his whole career. yes he has had some really great rushes but overall he's an average back. brandon lloyd has made some of the best catches i've ever seen, but he still sin't a good WR. a few highlight runs doens't make you a great additoin to a team
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 12 February 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Ummm... have you watched any Giants games? The safeties have a ton of respect for Eli and his 2 Pro Bowl WRs. Bradshaw is running into 6 man fronts because the Giants vertical passing game is so good. On the Jets he'd be nothing more than another 2 yards and a cloud of dust RB with broken feet.

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 February 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Ummm... have you watched any Giants games? The safeties have a ton of respect for Eli and his 2 Pro Bowl WRs. Bradshaw is running into 6 man fronts because the Giants vertical passing game is so good. On the Jets he'd be nothing more than another 2 yards and a cloud of dust RB with broken feet.

I've watched a ton of Giants games... Bradshaw is good. Greene wouldn't do that, he can't read holes and doesn't make anyone miss or break tackles. Plus he has no burst.

You act like Bradshaw sucks, but the stats and film say otherwise. And that rookie was a 1st round pick who is the Giants future at RB and Andre Brown didn't beat him out, but he has skill as well. The Giants like the backfield by committee approach.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 13 February 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

I've watched a ton of Giants games... Bradshaw is good. Greene wouldn't do that, he can't read holes and doesn't make anyone miss or break tackles. Plus he has no burst.

You act like Bradshaw sucks, but the stats and film say otherwise. And that rookie was a 1st round pick who is the Giants future at RB and Andre Brown didn't beat him out, but he has skill as well. The Giants like the backfield by committee approach.

Look at the film again and see where the CBs and SS line up on every snap. He's not seeing a defender until he's 3 yards up the field because of how teams play the Giants passing game.

#14 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 February 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Look at the film again and see where the CBs and SS line up on every snap. He's not seeing a defender until he's 3 yards up the field because of how teams play the Giants passing game.

Bradshaw may have benefited from his circumstances, but when healthy he's still better than anything else we've got. He'd be worth signing if his feet weren't made of paper mache.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 13 February 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Bradshaw may have benefited from his circumstances, but when healthy he's still better than anything else we've got. He'd be worth signing if his feet weren't made of paper mache.

Yea... but he's a cripple so lets pass on him.

#16 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Free agent RB Ahmad Bradshaw expressed his interest in Jets this morning on @NFLNetwork.... #NYJ position on Bradshaw: Thanks, but no thanks
7:56 PM - 12 Feb 13

Posted ImagePosted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users