NYJetsFan.com Forums: Ahmad Bradshaw Thinking About Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:34 PM) Well considering they already retired #28 in honor of Curtis Martin, I don't see Johnson wearing #28.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:35 PM) Kind of defeats the purpose of retiring a number.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:39 PM) But I know he better not wear LaMont Jordan's number. Or I'll be pissed.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) Snell
santana Icon : (Today, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Today, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Today, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Ahmad Bradshaw Thinking About Jets

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Could former New York Giants starting running back Ahmad Bradshaw trade in his "Big Blue" colors for a "Gang Green" jersey next season?

According to the two-time Super Bowl champion, he is not ruling out a chance to stay in the New York area.

"Whoever I feel that I can get a better chance of playing and helping which team," Bradshaw said on the NFL Network Tuesday. "The New York Jets are a team that I've kinda been thinking about, just to stay home, not make a big move from New York. It's just right across the street from where I am now."

If this is the case, the offensively-challenged Jets would be silly not to listen.

Bradshaw is the type of explosive tailback the Jets are looking for. He rushed for 1,015 yards and averaged 4.6 yards per carry last season. Jets leading rusher Shonn Greene, who lacks big-play ability, is an unrestricted free agent and probably won't return.

But there are two issues for the Jets to consider: health and money. Bradshaw has battled injuries the past two seasons, and durability could be a concern. The Jets also began the offseason about $19 million over the cap and might not have enough wiggle room to afford Bradshaw in free agency.

I would take Bradshaw depending on how much he would cost. Big upgrade over Greene.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

he's a good RB but nothing special. I don't see him as an upgrade over greene. especially with his injury concerns.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

I'm shellshocked by this analysis^^
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Why does every player who the Giants no longer wish to pay thinks he can come to the Jets and help? You got 2 messed up feet and you got beaten out by a rookie and a guy who was a career practice squad player. GTFOH

#5 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 12 February 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Why does every player who the Giants no longer wish to pay thinks he can come to the Jets and help? You got 2 messed up feet and you got beaten out by a rookie and a guy who was a career practice squad player. GTFOH

He would instantly become their best RB.

Personally, I' rather they draft someone in the 2nd-4th round range, but to say he wouldn't help the Jets is comical.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#6 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 12 February 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

He would instantly become their best RB.

Personally, I' rather they draft someone in the 2nd-4th round range, but to say he wouldn't help the Jets is comical.

He would be helpful until he hits the DL. Id rather draft a player with some potential than signing an injury prone RB.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

View Postextmenace, on 12 February 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

He would be helpful until he hits the DL. Id rather draft a player with some potential than signing an injury prone RB.

i'm with this statement. bradhsaws shelf life is almost over and he was only an average back behind a great o-line with injury issues. just like jacobs. the giants RBs were overrated. it was the o-line mostly. all their Rbs taht leave don't do jack afterwards. jacobs, ward, etc. we still have powell and mcknight and can get another one in the 4th or later
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Behind a great OL? The giants OL hasn't been great in years. Hes coming off of a season with a 4.6 YPC and over 1,000+ yards. He knows how to actually make guys miss and break tackles.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

View Postextmenace, on 12 February 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

I absolutely agree on drafting a RB in the draft. I'd be shocked if they didn't. I don't see why they can't do both if the price is right.

If Bradshaw is agreeable to a contract structure similar to Landry's this past season (aka stay healthy, get paid), I see no reason why any Jets fan would be against it. Hell, I'd be for it even with a normal contract structure assuming it fits under their cap plans.

He's light years ahead of Greene, can catch the ball out of the backfield, and fits the West Coast scheme. He'll be 27 next season (Greene will be 28 with only 100 less career carries) and basically has four years of experience (barely carried the ball his first two years). He's not old and doesn't have that much mileage on him. He should have at least 2-3 more extremely productive seasons.

Behind a great OL? The giants OL hasn't been great in years. Hes coming off of a season with a 4.6 YPC and over 1,000+ yards. He knows how to actually make guys miss and break tackles.

^This.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 12 February 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

you mean an o-line that produced 3 RBs (warn, jacobs, bradshaw) who all averaged over 5 YPC and 2 (jacobs and ward) who broke 1000 yards? ward went off to TB and did nothing afterwards. Jacobs averaged over 4.5 YPC his career and couldn't even see the field in SF. the giants o-line is still top 5 even last year. and they actually have a threat of a pass, something we don't have. with cruz and nicks teams have to respect that and can't load the box either. bradhsaw has never been healthy a full season since getting the work load. has 2 bad ankles, and has been behind a great o-line his whole career. yes he has had some really great rushes but overall he's an average back. brandon lloyd has made some of the best catches i've ever seen, but he still sin't a good WR. a few highlight runs doens't make you a great additoin to a team
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 12 February 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Ummm... have you watched any Giants games? The safeties have a ton of respect for Eli and his 2 Pro Bowl WRs. Bradshaw is running into 6 man fronts because the Giants vertical passing game is so good. On the Jets he'd be nothing more than another 2 yards and a cloud of dust RB with broken feet.

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 February 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Ummm... have you watched any Giants games? The safeties have a ton of respect for Eli and his 2 Pro Bowl WRs. Bradshaw is running into 6 man fronts because the Giants vertical passing game is so good. On the Jets he'd be nothing more than another 2 yards and a cloud of dust RB with broken feet.

I've watched a ton of Giants games... Bradshaw is good. Greene wouldn't do that, he can't read holes and doesn't make anyone miss or break tackles. Plus he has no burst.

You act like Bradshaw sucks, but the stats and film say otherwise. And that rookie was a 1st round pick who is the Giants future at RB and Andre Brown didn't beat him out, but he has skill as well. The Giants like the backfield by committee approach.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 13 February 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

I've watched a ton of Giants games... Bradshaw is good. Greene wouldn't do that, he can't read holes and doesn't make anyone miss or break tackles. Plus he has no burst.

You act like Bradshaw sucks, but the stats and film say otherwise. And that rookie was a 1st round pick who is the Giants future at RB and Andre Brown didn't beat him out, but he has skill as well. The Giants like the backfield by committee approach.

Look at the film again and see where the CBs and SS line up on every snap. He's not seeing a defender until he's 3 yards up the field because of how teams play the Giants passing game.

#14 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 February 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Look at the film again and see where the CBs and SS line up on every snap. He's not seeing a defender until he's 3 yards up the field because of how teams play the Giants passing game.

Bradshaw may have benefited from his circumstances, but when healthy he's still better than anything else we've got. He'd be worth signing if his feet weren't made of paper mache.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 13 February 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Bradshaw may have benefited from his circumstances, but when healthy he's still better than anything else we've got. He'd be worth signing if his feet weren't made of paper mache.

Yea... but he's a cripple so lets pass on him.

#16 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Free agent RB Ahmad Bradshaw expressed his interest in Jets this morning on @NFLNetwork.... #NYJ position on Bradshaw: Thanks, but no thanks
7:56 PM - 12 Feb 13

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users