NYJetsFan.com Forums: Ahmad Bradshaw Thinking About Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
SackExchange71 Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:31 PM) Imo i still think howard is better then giacomini..Wish they never let him walk.Giacomini had alot of flags in seattle also
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:33 AM) Howard recieved a huge contract in Oakland. Way over his actual value.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM) So did we make a trade for a CB yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM) Milliner did suffer a high ankle sprain, that sucks. could linger all year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM) I think Patterson sucked vs the Colts because he was injured, which he always is.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (20 August 2014 - 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:21 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) Calvin Pryor and Darrin Walls will start tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) The SIMPSONS MARATHON has been on for almost 12 hours...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) Sanchez looks so much more confident and better in Chip's offense than he did with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) EVERY SIMPSONS EVER!!!!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Ahmad Bradshaw Thinking About Jets

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Could former New York Giants starting running back Ahmad Bradshaw trade in his "Big Blue" colors for a "Gang Green" jersey next season?

According to the two-time Super Bowl champion, he is not ruling out a chance to stay in the New York area.

"Whoever I feel that I can get a better chance of playing and helping which team," Bradshaw said on the NFL Network Tuesday. "The New York Jets are a team that I've kinda been thinking about, just to stay home, not make a big move from New York. It's just right across the street from where I am now."

If this is the case, the offensively-challenged Jets would be silly not to listen.

Bradshaw is the type of explosive tailback the Jets are looking for. He rushed for 1,015 yards and averaged 4.6 yards per carry last season. Jets leading rusher Shonn Greene, who lacks big-play ability, is an unrestricted free agent and probably won't return.

But there are two issues for the Jets to consider: health and money. Bradshaw has battled injuries the past two seasons, and durability could be a concern. The Jets also began the offseason about $19 million over the cap and might not have enough wiggle room to afford Bradshaw in free agency.

I would take Bradshaw depending on how much he would cost. Big upgrade over Greene.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

he's a good RB but nothing special. I don't see him as an upgrade over greene. especially with his injury concerns.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

I'm shellshocked by this analysis^^
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Why does every player who the Giants no longer wish to pay thinks he can come to the Jets and help? You got 2 messed up feet and you got beaten out by a rookie and a guy who was a career practice squad player. GTFOH

#5 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 12 February 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Why does every player who the Giants no longer wish to pay thinks he can come to the Jets and help? You got 2 messed up feet and you got beaten out by a rookie and a guy who was a career practice squad player. GTFOH

He would instantly become their best RB.

Personally, I' rather they draft someone in the 2nd-4th round range, but to say he wouldn't help the Jets is comical.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#6 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 12 February 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

He would instantly become their best RB.

Personally, I' rather they draft someone in the 2nd-4th round range, but to say he wouldn't help the Jets is comical.

He would be helpful until he hits the DL. Id rather draft a player with some potential than signing an injury prone RB.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

View Postextmenace, on 12 February 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

He would be helpful until he hits the DL. Id rather draft a player with some potential than signing an injury prone RB.

i'm with this statement. bradhsaws shelf life is almost over and he was only an average back behind a great o-line with injury issues. just like jacobs. the giants RBs were overrated. it was the o-line mostly. all their Rbs taht leave don't do jack afterwards. jacobs, ward, etc. we still have powell and mcknight and can get another one in the 4th or later
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Behind a great OL? The giants OL hasn't been great in years. Hes coming off of a season with a 4.6 YPC and over 1,000+ yards. He knows how to actually make guys miss and break tackles.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

View Postextmenace, on 12 February 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

I absolutely agree on drafting a RB in the draft. I'd be shocked if they didn't. I don't see why they can't do both if the price is right.

If Bradshaw is agreeable to a contract structure similar to Landry's this past season (aka stay healthy, get paid), I see no reason why any Jets fan would be against it. Hell, I'd be for it even with a normal contract structure assuming it fits under their cap plans.

He's light years ahead of Greene, can catch the ball out of the backfield, and fits the West Coast scheme. He'll be 27 next season (Greene will be 28 with only 100 less career carries) and basically has four years of experience (barely carried the ball his first two years). He's not old and doesn't have that much mileage on him. He should have at least 2-3 more extremely productive seasons.

Behind a great OL? The giants OL hasn't been great in years. Hes coming off of a season with a 4.6 YPC and over 1,000+ yards. He knows how to actually make guys miss and break tackles.

^This.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 12 February 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

you mean an o-line that produced 3 RBs (warn, jacobs, bradshaw) who all averaged over 5 YPC and 2 (jacobs and ward) who broke 1000 yards? ward went off to TB and did nothing afterwards. Jacobs averaged over 4.5 YPC his career and couldn't even see the field in SF. the giants o-line is still top 5 even last year. and they actually have a threat of a pass, something we don't have. with cruz and nicks teams have to respect that and can't load the box either. bradhsaw has never been healthy a full season since getting the work load. has 2 bad ankles, and has been behind a great o-line his whole career. yes he has had some really great rushes but overall he's an average back. brandon lloyd has made some of the best catches i've ever seen, but he still sin't a good WR. a few highlight runs doens't make you a great additoin to a team
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 12 February 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Ummm... have you watched any Giants games? The safeties have a ton of respect for Eli and his 2 Pro Bowl WRs. Bradshaw is running into 6 man fronts because the Giants vertical passing game is so good. On the Jets he'd be nothing more than another 2 yards and a cloud of dust RB with broken feet.

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 February 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Ummm... have you watched any Giants games? The safeties have a ton of respect for Eli and his 2 Pro Bowl WRs. Bradshaw is running into 6 man fronts because the Giants vertical passing game is so good. On the Jets he'd be nothing more than another 2 yards and a cloud of dust RB with broken feet.

I've watched a ton of Giants games... Bradshaw is good. Greene wouldn't do that, he can't read holes and doesn't make anyone miss or break tackles. Plus he has no burst.

You act like Bradshaw sucks, but the stats and film say otherwise. And that rookie was a 1st round pick who is the Giants future at RB and Andre Brown didn't beat him out, but he has skill as well. The Giants like the backfield by committee approach.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 13 February 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

I've watched a ton of Giants games... Bradshaw is good. Greene wouldn't do that, he can't read holes and doesn't make anyone miss or break tackles. Plus he has no burst.

You act like Bradshaw sucks, but the stats and film say otherwise. And that rookie was a 1st round pick who is the Giants future at RB and Andre Brown didn't beat him out, but he has skill as well. The Giants like the backfield by committee approach.

Look at the film again and see where the CBs and SS line up on every snap. He's not seeing a defender until he's 3 yards up the field because of how teams play the Giants passing game.

#14 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 February 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Look at the film again and see where the CBs and SS line up on every snap. He's not seeing a defender until he's 3 yards up the field because of how teams play the Giants passing game.

Bradshaw may have benefited from his circumstances, but when healthy he's still better than anything else we've got. He'd be worth signing if his feet weren't made of paper mache.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 13 February 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Bradshaw may have benefited from his circumstances, but when healthy he's still better than anything else we've got. He'd be worth signing if his feet weren't made of paper mache.

Yea... but he's a cripple so lets pass on him.

#16 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Free agent RB Ahmad Bradshaw expressed his interest in Jets this morning on @NFLNetwork.... #NYJ position on Bradshaw: Thanks, but no thanks
7:56 PM - 12 Feb 13

Posted ImagePosted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users