NYJetsFan.com Forums: Revis Unhappy With Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:39 PM) Should have gotten desean Jackson this offsesson
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:43 PM) yup
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) wowsers
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) i'm still crying from last night
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) and on top of that the jets fuccked me again by getting harvin before he could play this week lol
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) stop your crying THERE'S NO CRYING AT NYJETSFAN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 08:12 AM) Jets are cutting David Nelson
jetfan4life12 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 09:15 AM) the probably could have had Santana Moss cheap. He has been healthy all season but inactive every week
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:06 AM) I'd prefer to keep him and cut Salas
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:36 AM) you would of thought david nelson would of been more of a redzone threat by this point. hes a big dude.
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:39 AM) real madrid shooting practice continues
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Revis Unhappy With Jets

#21 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 20 February 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Wow, before I even scrolled down to read your post you said exactly what I was about to post. I'll say it again though. I'm glad we don't have a game today, next week, or next month. Who cares if Revis can't play today? The Jets aren't scheduled to play a game today or any time soon. The blind hate he has for Revis is hilarious.

Hate any player who deserves to be paid!!

#22 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 20 February 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Wow, before I even scrolled down to read your post you said exactly what I was about to post. I'll say it again though. I'm glad we don't have a game today, next week, or next month. Who cares if Revis can't play today? The Jets aren't scheduled to play a game today or any time soon. The blind hate he has for Revis is hilarious.

Look....I'm sick of the bullshit arguing with you because obviously your reading comprehension skills need MASSIVE improvement. You guys continue to say that Revis is the best player on the team right now at this moment, today. So, I countered with the question of how is that possible if he can't play a down right now if he had to. Obviously he can't. Therefore, that means that right now at this moment he is obviously NOT the team's best player. Do you need it in some other language for that to sink in?

Its not hatred. Its fact. I swear trying to get through to you is like trying to get through to an inanimate object.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#23 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 20 February 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

Look....I'm sick of the bullshit arguing with you because obviously your reading comprehension skills need MASSIVE improvement. You guys continue to say that Revis is the best player on the team right now at this moment, today. So, I countered with the question of how is that possible if he can't play a down right now if he had to. Obviously he can't. Therefore, that means that right now at this moment he is obviously NOT the team's best player. Do you need it in some other language for that to sink in?

Its not hatred. Its fact. I swear trying to get through to you is like trying to get through to an inanimate object.

If you would've told any Vikings fan that Peterson wasn't their best player at this time last year they would've laughed in your face. Revis is the most skilled player on our team, bar none, and you're just arguing semantics. This is the real question, will he be the "best" player on our team opening day? Odds are that he will, which means your entire argument is bunk because teams don't play Feb. through August.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#24 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

edit
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 20 February 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

If you would've told any Vikings fan that Peterson wasn't their best player at this time last year they would've laughed in your face. Revis is the most skilled player on our team, bar none, and you're just arguing semantics. This is the real question, will he be the "best" player on our team opening day? Odds are that he will, which means your entire argument is bunk because teams don't play Feb. through August.

You keep believing that Revis is on par with Peterson if you want. That's your opinion & I'll respect that. My opinion of him is different. As for the odds that Revis will be the best player on our team come opening day.........odds are against it because odds are that he'll be wearing a different uniform. Woody Johnson is a business man. He analyzes risk vs reward. If someone approaches him with the right offer, Revis is gone. Bank on that. You will soon see a shitload of Revis jerseys hitting eBay.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#26 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 21 February 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

You keep believing that Revis is on par with Peterson if you want. That's your opinion & I'll respect that. My opinion of him is different. As for the odds that Revis will be the best player on our team come opening day.........odds are against it because odds are that he'll be wearing a different uniform. Woody Johnson is a business man. He analyzes risk vs reward. If someone approaches him with the right offer, Revis is gone. Bank on that. You will soon see a shitload of Revis jerseys hitting eBay.

You're missing the point here. I'm not comparing Revis and Peterson, I'm only using Peterson as an example of a great player with an ACL injury. You would've been LAUGHED AT for telling a Vikings fan he wasn't their best player because of his injury. They would've rolled their eyes and walked away from you. Unfortunately, we can't roll our eyes and walk away from you on the interwebs. I have a feeling the other Revis thread would've died 3 pages ago if it were possible...
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

#27 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 21 February 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

I have a feeling the other Revis thread would've died 3 pages ago if it were possible...

And honestly it shold have. I already said on MULTIPLE times that we should just agree to disagree, but people just don't have the ability to do so.

#28 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 20 February 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

So basically.......what you're saying is that there shouldn't be a TEAM mentality for the Jets? Should the team be renamed to "Revis & the guys that are below him"? I know.....hard to fit on a helmet but that's essentially what you're saying isn't it?

Essentially, Revis already HAS been treated differently than any other player. Anyone else would've been gone LONG ago with how he's held out, talked down about the team & demanded a new contract every 3rd year. He's entering his 7th pro season & has demanded new money 3 times in his short career along with downing not only his coaches, but the front office & then ultimately the owner. Does he want them to hire someone to wipe his as$ for him every time he takes a $hit too? That's how ridiculous that statement is that he should be treated differently than anyone else. Why the hell do you think we haven't won anything in 44 years? This is a TEAM game. Not an individual one. The only times that we came close was when we had people playing to help each other win by being TEAMMATES. Not Divas.

Look at the teams that have won recently........what divas were there that singlehandedly won a Superbowl?

Wow - you really don't like this guy do you? I am actually on your side when it comes to trading him as we can't afford the luxury of keeping him. I am also on your side in that Revis approaches his contract in a very businesslike manner. He gives the impression that it's all about the money. if so, then why have an issue when the Jets do the same.

Where you lose me is that your anger toward him has blinded you to his talent. You are trying to make the argument that the CB for Alcorn State is better than Revis because Revis is not able to run. That logic just doesn't fly. You diminish his talent - why? Trading him understanding his talent is valid. Why rationalize it by knocking him. You just lose credibility that way.

I have been a season ticket holder for over 30 years. I have seen most of the great players on all the teams since I have watched since the 60's. Revis covers receivers better than anyone I have seen. He is not an interception machine because the receivers he covers are just not open. He is simply the best in the game. So what? There is only 1 position that is essential and that is QB. That's where you spend that kind of money.

#29 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

View Postchocomag, on 21 February 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Where you lose me is that your anger toward him has blinded you to his talent. You are trying to make the argument that the CB for Alcorn State is better than Revis because Revis is not able to run. That logic just doesn't fly. You diminish his talent - why? Trading him understanding his talent is valid. Why rationalize it by knocking him. You just lose credibility that way.

I'm not blinded to his talent whatsoever. People made the claim that he is the best player on the team TODAY. I said I disagree with that statement because of the fact that right now he's about as useful on the football field as an undrafted rookie. The undrafter rookie TODAY can run & make cuts, etc. Revis cannot, therefore until he proves that he can return from the injury & play to the level he USED TO play at, he is not the best.

Too many players throughout history have not returned to their former glory after an ACL injury. There are far more careers that ended due to knee injuries than there have been people returning to 100%. That is the simple logic too many people are overlooking. It's not knocking his former ability. It's not trusting that he can return form it 100% when he couldn't return from a simple holdout at 100% WITHOUT the injury. I go on his track record & what the odds are. To me, that is not worth taking the risk of giving him what he wants. I don't understand why people think that is diminishing the talent he had in the past.

#30 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 21 February 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

Too many players throughout history have not returned to their former glory after an ACL injury. There are far more careers that ended due to knee injuries than there have been people returning to 100%. That is the simple logic too many people are overlooking.

The logic that you're overlooking regards the advances in sports and medical science that have significantly decreased the severity of these types of injuries.

#31 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 21 February 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

The logic that you're overlooking regards the advances in sports and medical science that have significantly decreased the severity of these types of injuries.

I've agreed that advances in sports medicine have come a long way, but to expect every player to return to 100% after knee injuries is laughable. There are far more that have been UNable to do so than there are that have. And not just in ancient times as claimed in the other thread. Bob Sanders, LeCharles Bentley, Dunate Culpepper, Cadillac Williams, etc are not that long ago. I could go on but there's no sense in it.

#32 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 21 February 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Too many players throughout history have not returned to their former glory after an ACL injury. There are far more careers that ended due to knee injuries than there have been people returning to 100%.

Name 5 pros that have not returned in the last 5 years.
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 21 February 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

Okay. LeCharles Bentley, Daunte Culpepper, Cadillac Williams, Bob Sanders & Brian Westbrook.

Bentley last played in 2007. 5 seasons ago since we're still officially in the 2012 league year. Culpepper was with detroit in 2009 & and still a pro in 2011 with the Sacramento Mountain Lions. Westbrook - 49ers 2010, Williams - St Louis 2011, Sanders - SanDiego 2011.

Come again?

#34 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 21 February 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

Okay. LeCharles Bentley, Daunte Culpepper, Cadillac Williams, Bob Sanders & Brian Westbrook.

Bentley last played in 2007. 5 seasons ago since we're still officially in the 2012 league year. Culpepper was with detroit in 2009 & and still a pro in 2011 with the Sacramento Mountain Lions. Westbrook - 49ers 2010, Williams - St Louis 2011, Sanders - SanDiego 2011.

Come again?

Culpepper 2005 http://news.minnesot...liamsb_vikings/
Bently 2006 http://en.wikipedia....Charles_Bentley
William 2007 http://bleacherreport.com/
Bob Sanders? Dude tore his ACL for the first time being born. Dont even need to look that one up.
Westbrook 1998 was his first ACL http://www.bing.com/...Box&FORM=IE8SRC
ECT...

You cant just write shit on here and hope no one sees your BS. We are all pretty smart. You are making yourself look like a fool.
Posted Image

#35 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 21 February 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

Culpepper 2005 http://news.minnesot...liamsb_vikings/
Bently 2006 http://en.wikipedia....Charles_Bentley
William 2007 http://bleacherreport.com/
Bob Sanders? Dude tore his ACL for the first time being born. Dont even need to look that one up.
Westbrook 1998 was his first ACL http://www.bing.com/...Box&FORM=IE8SRC
ECT...

You cant just write shit on here and hope no one sees your BS. We are all pretty smart. You are making yourself look like a fool.

Really? You asked when the last time they played was. When did you specify had the injury within 5 years numbnuts? And now you're specifying first time injuries. Wow you're really reaching. Keep hating because I gave you what you asked for. Whatever.

#36 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 21 February 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Really? You asked when the last time they played was. When did you specify had the injury within 5 years numbnuts? And now you're specifying first time injuries. Wow you're really reaching. Keep hating because I gave you what you asked for. Whatever.
Easy sparky. I said

All the players you put down were injured before 5 years ago. I guess you are not smart enough to follow the conversation so will give you the cliff notes.

We are talking about how medical Science has improved. With that being said the 5 years would be from the surgury. I know this is hard for you to grasp but I think you can do it.
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

The debate isn't when the surgery was. You clowns keep claiming that everybody is guaranteed to come back 100% from the injury. You can't name 5 in the last 5 years that have. How many players have goneinjured and it not make the news like the bigger names do? You think there aren't injuries on 2nd, 3rd stringers & practice squad members? I have news for you. They're pros too if they're on a professional team. Apparently that's too difficult a concept for you to grasp.

That's right.....let's add RG3 to the names that didn't come back from a knee injury at 100% and now he's out for surgery and people question how he will return. How is it people question that he won't be 100% but not the almighty Revis?

#38 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Here.....read this. You may learn something.

ACL Reconstruction - An NFL Perspective

Let me also ask you how some of these guys are doing? Every last one of them suffered an ACL injury in 2011.

Chris Cooley
Tim Hightower
Earnest Graham
Jeff Otah
Bradley Fletcher
Bob Sanders
Kenny Britt - pre injury 17 avg ypc. After = 13
Tony Moeaki
Thomas Davis
Nate Kaeding
Eric Berry

Have they all returned 100%? I think not.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users