NYJetsFan.com Forums: Adam Schein: Jets Should Trade Darrelle Revis To 49Ers Or Bucs, Build For Future - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:49 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 AM) any news on Amaro? havent seen anything on twitter.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:56 PM) only 39 days 20 hours and 3 min to go till the JETS kick off the season on Sept 7th at 1pm against the Oakland Raiders
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Amaro practiced today in full pads
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:21 PM) 42 Days 39 min till Sons Of Anarchy FINAL SEASON starts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:42 PM) Amaro has a lingering sore tendon
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) I've read that hes been up and down so far
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) Dexter McDougle has been looking really good
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) Oday Aboushi might end up starting on the OL, hes been doing good at LG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:41 PM) VICK=$$$$$$
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Adam Schein: Jets Should Trade Darrelle Revis To 49Ers Or Bucs, Build For Future

#1 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

This is a great article by Schein, IMO... and I usually hate the stuff he produces. It is rational, well-spoken, and defends all parties involved, as well as proponents of each possibility:

1 - Give that man his money
2 - Trade that man to someone who will give him his money, and get rebuilding picks in return

No matter which side of the fence you're on, these are the only logical options at this point, which it sounds like the majority of the board agrees with here.

It's refreshing to read something on this topic without the label "moron" or "street thug" attached to it.

Article link
Jets should trade Darrelle Revis to 49ers or Bucs, build for future
By Adam Schein
Columnist, NFL.com

On Monday night's Total Access on NFL Network, Andrea Kremer sat down with New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis for a revealing interview. There were plenty of revelations, and I came away with three strong convictions:

Revis wants to be the highest-paid defensive player in the NFL and has an excellent case.
Between the start of free agency March 12 and the draft on April 25, Revis will be traded.
There is a very realistic chance in a rare win-win-win scenario that Revis, the Jets and his new team all come away very happy.

Revis told Kremer he wants to remain a Jet but won't "pout" if he's traded, understanding the business element of the NFL. He knows he's done in New York. He has held out twice in his six-year career. The last time he did it, during a highly publicized standoff with the Jets in 2010, he infuriated owner Woody Johnson by showing up so late in the summer. Revis angered Johnson even more by getting injured in Week 2 and going on to have the worst full season of his career.

As part of that new deal, Revis' contract becomes void at the end of the 2013 season if he doesn't hold out. There's also a clause that the Jets cannot franchise him. In reality, Revis will be a free agent at the end of 2013.

Could you imagine if the Jets held on to him and failed to sign him, and then a cornerback-needy team like the New York Giants or New England Patriots -- the Jets' two biggest rivals -- snatched him up? That would be an epic PR disaster and would be counterproductive to the cause. There are just two choices for the Jets: Sign him and give him every penny he wants, or trade him and get needed pieces in return.

I think the answer is crystal clear. The best scenario for the 2014 Jets is to trade Revis.

Even with Revis, the Jets are the worst team in the AFC East. They need to retool and rebuild. Keeping Revis and trying to win a few more games would be akin to using a bandage when you need surgery. It's really not an option, and credit Woody Johnson for knowing it.

Revis wants his money. He always has. Right after he ended his 2010 holdout, he stressed he might hold out again, seemingly before the ink was even dry. In Johnson's eyes, Revis has never truly been happy from Day 1, prioritizing paper green over Gang Green.

Revis is an incredible talent, the best corner in the game. Even after tearing his ACL in Week 3 of last season and rehabbing from the subsequent surgery, he has a very strong case to be the highest paid defensive player. He's been diligent in his rehab. If he gets what he wants financially, theoretically he won't be distracted in the way that he often has been with the Jets.

The Jets are in cap disarray. The roster is a mess, too. They need a quarterback, running back, receiver, tight end, two offensive linemen and help at every level of defense. Other than that, they are in good shape.

New general manager John Idzik did the right thing in calling Revis after the Inside The NFL story broke. And Idzik didn't blow smoke, either. He didn't guarantee Revis would stay with the Jets, primarily because it is smart to use Revis to remake the roster.

Revis is going to command a bushel of picks in return, even coming off of an injury. Idzik is going to be shopping a top commodity.

Tampa Bay makes a lot of sense. The Buccaneers have plenty of cap room. Coach Greg Schiano loves Revis' style. GM Mark Dominik needs a winning season. Revis is very marketable, and there are a ton of New York transplants living in Tampa. That's important to the Glazer family. Could the Jets get a first-round pick this year and next in exchange for Revis? Tampa would pay him. A win for everyone.

How about San Francisco? The 49ers have a bushel of draft picks. They will be in the Super Bowl hunt again in 2013. Revis would represent a major upgrade at corner. Could the Jets get back a first-rounder, a second-rounder and a third-rounder? How about Alex Smith? The Jets need a quarterback, and it would be smart for San Fran to use Smith as a chip. The Jets could restructure Smith's deal and give him guarantees for 2014 with a low number in 2013. Smith is smart and excellent at protecting the football, making him the antithesis of Mark Sanchez.

Could the Denver Broncos be in play? It isn't remotely the Pittsburgh way for the Steelers to get involved, but Revis is a Pittsburgh native who starred at Pitt in college. The Steelers were poised to draft him before the Jets traded up to the slot ahead of the Steelers to pluck him. There will be teams lining up for Revis. They will want a window to sign him, and the Jets will grant it.

The Jets should make an effort to sign Revis to an extension for less than the insane money Mario Williams received from the Buffalo Bills. Revis will laugh. The Jets should then trade him.

And in the end, everyone involved -- the Jets, Revis, his new team -- will be very happy.

Follow Adam Schein on Twitter @AdamSchein
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#2 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Funny how you agree with this article when it says the same exact $hit I've been saying but in different words. ROFLMAO!!
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#3 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 21 February 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

Funny how you agree with this article when it says the same exact $hit I've been saying but in different words. ROFLMAO!!

Schein mentions nowhere that Revis is a little street thug who doesn't deserve to be paid. He also says he's the best corner in the game, and in fact does deserve his big pay day. Furthermore, he says Idzik did the right thing in calling Revis, as opposed to your assertion that he didn't deserve a call.

Your psychopathic blind hate for Revis has made this impossible for you to see, though. Several people on the board agree with your assertion to trade Revis. It's the way you beat your chest, belittle people, and discredit Revis as the top corner in the game that makes you look like an ignoramus.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"

#4 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 21 February 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

Schein mentions nowhere that Revis is a little street thug who doesn't deserve to be paid. He also says he's the best corner in the game, and in fact does deserve his big pay day.

Your psychopathic blind hate for Revis has made this impossible for you to see, though. Several people on the board agree with your assertion to trade Revis. It's the way you beat your chest and belittle people as your main arguing points that makes you look like an ignoramus.

Again......I don't beat my chest or even get aggravated with the debating on here. I find it laughable at best. I haven't belittled anyone that didn't come at me sideways. I don't know where you're from, but in Trenton, if you want a problem with someone, you'll generally find it. I've been that way since as long as I can remember & I've had pretty damn good success in life. You see......I don't ASK people for respect. I give the same amount of respect as I receive. If you're going to disrespect me, you better believe you will be equally disrespected. I offered people the option to agree to disagree, but some individuals decided they wanted to keep on with disrepsecting me, so they get no respect from me. It's something I've afforded every single member on this forum for more than the last 7 years. Prior to this Revis thread, I can't remember ever having any ongoing beef with anyone like this. Even Camenzind wasn't as bad as a lot of the bvllshit in the Revis related threads.

Again.....I have no psychopathic blind hate for Revis. Why is it seen that way for me stating he deserves to be traded because he acts like a spoiled child that's used to getting what he wants or likened him to some street thug who robs people in the same way. They all act like the world owes them something when they're not owed a damn thing. The ONLY thing Revis is owed at this point is the remainder of his contract. NOTHING more. Instead, he goes to the press crying, b!tching & moaning that the new GM didn't call him on his first day on the job & said he felt "disrespected" because Idzik said that Revis would be evaluated like everyone else on the team. God forbid that happens and a new GM wants to actually evaluate the players he's responsible for. That's such a crime isn't it?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#5 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 21 February 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Again......I don't beat my chest or even get aggravated with the debating on here. I find it laughable at best.

sorry I'm revoking your pass to the "high road" there are posts on posts of you ranting back and forth with other members then even taking it to the shoutbox

sexyrexy typed out a very accurate description of what your perception is on this board
the least you can do is acknowledge it
but who are we kidding that won't happen

Revis wants his money. He always has. Right after he ended his 2010 holdout, he stressed he might hold out again, seemingly before the ink was even dry. In Johnson's eyes, Revis has never truly been happy from Day 1, prioritizing paper green over Gang Green.

Even if his contract cripples the team for next year I would be some what ok with it. But if the contract cripples the team beyond that then alternatives will have to be found. Its a shame its come to this but it might be reality that the jets won't have the cap space or bargaining chips to hold a player of this caliber to a fair contract.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#6 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

View Postsantana, on 21 February 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

sorry I'm revoking your pass to the "high road" there are posts on posts of you ranting back and forth with other members then even taking it to the shoutbox

I think FlyHi is being completely obnoxious with his disdain towards Revis and all that but in all fairness I'm the one that brought his name up in the shoutbox

Reading this made me understand why people want Revis traded a little bit better, but i don't think its right to ship him off without at least negotiating face to face and getting some numbers going
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

Has a big nfl contract ever been negotiated in February?
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#8 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 21 February 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

I think FlyHi is being completely obnoxious with his disdain towards Revis and all that but in all fairness I'm the one that brought his name up in the shoutbox

Reading this made me understand why people want Revis traded a little bit better, but i don't think its right to ship him off without at least negotiating face to face and getting some numbers going

Thanks Harlem.

Here's something for everyone......while yes I was obnoxious or whatever with the debate, the thing you guys are missing the point of is that I have no disdain for Revis the player. My dislike of him is as a businessman & as a human being. He is a self centered narcissistic son of a bitch & a legend in his own mind that got fueled by the media having him believe he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I'very said on countless occasions that he was absolutely talented but that his problem is that he demands new money at an average of once every 1.5 years. (4 times in 6 years). ANY other player would've been labeled as greedy, disloyal, etc. time & time again, but because I give Revis that label, I'm a villain because I likened him to a street thug.

Many of you have it in your minds that he's guaranteed to come back 100% when that's insane thinking when only 60 something percent of players make it back at all let alone at 100%. To me, that is not enough of an incentive to pay him 16+ million per year without seeing what he can or can't do. Yes......he's got plenty of time to recover & train, etc., but his own track record shows that time off for him is not a good thing because when he held out last time, he did not come back 100% & that was without an injury. His own people say he's got a history of hammy issues & people that undergo ACL surgeries have an increased risk of hammy issues as well as a high risk of re-injuring the ACL. Those are the reasons why we're better off trading him while he holds great trade value. NOT because of my personal opinion of Revis the person.

As for Santana's comment of how people view me on this forum...........do you sincerely believe your opinions of me matter? Have they mattered at all for over 7 years? No. I've got news for you......people AGREE with my assessments. It's just that some of you don't like how I come across. Before this Revis issue, even you likely had a different opinion of me. Same goes for Mr. Jet prior to the whole political points of view and how I feel about illegal scum criminals living here off my tax dollars. Don't get it twisted.........I get quite a bit more respect than you allow yourself to believe. Maybe not from a limited number of people here, but you're the very few in countless thousands of people whose lives I've had a positive effect on. So yes......I will continue to defend myself when attacked no matter who likes it or not. I've said it many times over the years......I can be someone's best friend or their worst enemy & it would never have a profound effect on me one way or the other.

#9 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

View Postsantana, on 22 February 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

Has a big nfl contract ever been negotiated in February?

Not that I can remember considering the league year doesn't start until March. But if that's the case, why did Revis find it so "rude" & "disrespectful" that Idzik didn't call him as soon as he walked in the door as the new GM considering as Rex said.......it's pretty much common sense that the initial trade rumor was media made when you consider that I don't believe there's ever been a trade made on a GM's first day on the job. Revis found it insulting that Idzik sad he would evaluate Revis just like every other player on the team. I personally see no disrespect in a statement like that. Of course he would need to be evaluated coming off an ACL injury. Anyone that believes they shouldn't be must have a single digit IQ.

#10 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 22 February 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

Thanks Harlem.

Here's something for everyone......while yes I was obnoxious or whatever with the debate, the thing you guys are missing the point of is that I have no disdain for Revis the player. My dislike of him is as a businessman & as a human being. He is a self centered narcissistic son of a bitch & a legend in his own mind that got fueled by the media having him believe he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I'very said on countless occasions that he was absolutely talented but that his problem is that he demands new money at an average of once every 1.5 years. (4 times in 6 years). ANY other player would've been labeled as greedy, disloyal, etc. time & time again, but because I give Revis that label, I'm a villain because I likened him to a street thug.

As long as you understand that what is in bold is just...your...opinion and not a fact. That's all just your own opinion of him and clearly you are in the minority of believing he's a "little street thug." Why should Revis take any contract the Jets give him and not try negotiate? We all know the NFL is a business and Revis like all other players are just doing the same the thing the owners do. Try to use every piece of leverage they can and a player's best leverage is to holdout if they believe they've outplayed their current contract. Revis outplayed his contract in 2009 and he held out 2010. He deserved a new contract and his holding out showed the Jets FO he wasn't about to play another down AND RISK INJURY WHICH WOULD LOWER THE AMOUNT OF ANY NEW CONTRACT. Do you think if in 2010 if Revis would have not held out and said "okay I'll play this season (2010) and then we can negotiate a new contract after the season is over" then he gets an injury that would leave him out for a long time, that Woody would still have been willing to give him a large contract? Of course not. But if they (the Jets FO) had done that they would have been called smart businessmen who were looking out for their best interest. So it's seen as alright when the owners and the FO are seen as smart businessmen who look out for their own best interest but the players have to just shut up and do what they're told and not try to look out for their own best interest. No if a team can offer a player a lot less than they would have before that player got injured and be seen as looking out for their best interest, a player should also be seen as looking out for their best interest by NOT wanting to risk injury before they get a new contract after outplaying their current contract. Revis outplayed his contract in 2009 and deserved a new one in 2010 regardless of how long his rookie contract was for. Now it's time for some of us to get over that.

Many of you have it in your minds that he's guaranteed to come back 100% when that's insane thinking when only 60 something percent of players make it back at all let alone at 100%. To me, that is not enough of an incentive to pay him 16+ million per year without seeing what he can or can't do. Yes......he's got plenty of time to recover & train, etc., but his own track record shows that time off for him is not a good thing because when he held out last time, he did not come back 100% & that was without an injury. His own people say he's got a history of hammy issues & people that undergo ACL surgeries have an increased risk of hammy issues as well as a high risk of re-injuring the ACL. Those are the reasons why we're better off trading him while he holds great trade value. NOT because of my personal opinion of Revis the person.

And see that's you trying to put words in other people's mouths again (or in this case other people's posts). Who here has said that "he's guaranteed to come back 100%"? Who has said that? I know I haven't. Then again you read what you think is there and not what is actually there.

As for Santana's comment of how people view me on this forum...........do you sincerely believe your opinions of me matter? Have they mattered at all for over 7 years? No. I've got news for you......people AGREE with my assessments. It's just that some of you don't like how I come across. Before this Revis issue, even you likely had a different opinion of me. Same goes for Mr. Jet prior to the whole political points of view and how I feel about illegal scum criminals living here off my tax dollars. Don't get it twisted.........I get quite a bit more respect than you allow yourself to believe. Maybe not from a limited number of people here, but you're the very few in countless thousands of people whose lives I've had a positive effect on. So yes......I will continue to defend myself when attacked no matter who likes it or not. I've said it many times over the years......I can be someone's best friend or their worst enemy & it would never have a profound effect on me one way or the other.

Well apparently our opinions do matter to you seeing as you feel the strong need to constantly tell us how smarter and better you are than the rest of us. You think you're better than some of us because you've been a fan since the 70s, so for those of us who became fans after the 70s we aren't as big of fans or as loyal of fans you are. Then you're smarter than some of us because you have multiple college degrees. What is the point of telling us about all the college degrees that you have and that we don't have? And for the record I know for sure that you're not the only one here with multiple college degrees. As if that is an accurate measurement of a person's intelligence anyway. I know a lot of people with college degrees who act like idiots, but they had the ability to do the work required of them to get those degrees. They didn't necessarily learn anything they just did the work to get those degrees. And I know people who never even stepped foot onto a college campus who are full of knowledge and wisdom. So why bring any of that up if what we thought of you didn't matter to you? What was the point other than to try to show that you were smarter than those of us that disagree with you? Now you attack MlorinczJ because he doesn't have many posts on this board as if that's some sort of measurement of how much of a fan he really is. So if we go by that measurement I must be a more loyal and bigger Jets fan than you are because I have a few hundred more posts on here than you do. Maybe MlorinczJ reads more than he posts and all that proves is he's probably a better listener and has more restraint than the rest of us to not add his opinion to every thread he reads. Maybe some of us say what he would've said so he doesn't feel the need to be an echo. For all we know he could have thousands of posts on another Jets message board (as if number of posts actually mattered for something). So like I said our opinions of you must matter to you to some degree because you go to great lengths to prove to us how you're tougher, smarter, stronger, and more loyal to the Jets than those of us who disagree with you. Why go to such great lengths if it doesn't matter to you what we think? Why have so much bravado and hyperbolic rhetoric if our opinions of you don't matter to you? Maybe they do.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#11 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 22 February 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Do you think if in 2010 if Revis would have not held out and said "okay I'll play this season (2010) and then we can negotiate a new contract after the season is over" then he gets an injury that would leave him out for a long time, that Woody would still have been willing to give him a large contract? Of course not. But if they (the Jets FO) had done that they would have been called smart businessmen who were looking out for their best interest. So it's seen as alright when the owners and the FO are seen as smart businessmen who look out for their own best interest but the players have to just shut up and do what they're told and not try to look out for their own best interest. No if a team can offer a player a lot less than they would have before that player got injured and be seen as looking out for their best interest, a player should also be seen as looking out for their best interest by NOT wanting to risk injury before they get a new contract after outplaying their current contract.

This. This x100.

#12 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 22 February 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Thanks Harlem.

As for Santana's comment of how people view me on this forum...........do you sincerely believe your opinions of me matter? Have they mattered at all for over 7 years? No. I've got news for you......people AGREE with my assessments. It's just that some of you don't like how I come across.

Do you think you are some kind of hard ass because you can type aggresively? Do you think if you do this people will just agree out of fear of a keyboard war? Get real. Act like an adult and have an adult conversation. Just out of curiosity... who agrees with your assessments?
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 22 February 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Do you think you are some kind of hard ass because you can type aggresively? Do you think if you do this people will just agree out of fear of a keyboard war? Get real. Act like an adult and have an adult conversation. Just out of curiosity... who agrees with your assessments?

Let's see.....who agrees with my assessments......anyone that also thinks its time for Revis to be traded while he still holds any kind of value. Do you actually read comments anywhere other than here? If you did, you would see that they're saying the same thing I am but wording it differently. Did you miss the article at the beginning of this very thread?

Also....I'm just going to ignore your first question as I've answered it numerous times already. I'm sorry that you lack the necessary reading comprehension skills to actually understand that. Obviously you must if you continue to think I'm trying to be some kind of hard ass. If you & others weren't so fvcking stupid & didn't come at me the way you did, do you think there would have been beef to begin with? You people expect me to respect every word you say & respect your opinion, but when I give my opinion of your apparent hero, I get attacked & then you actually expect me not to come back at you? That's the DUMBEST $hit I've ever heard. I don't give a fvck if it was someone like Barrack odumba doing it. They'd get the sa,me treatment. You guys are nobody special so don't expect special treatment from me. I give the same respect I receive. I also give the same disrespect in case you haven't noticed.

#14 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 23 February 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

Lol

At least one month and counting since this all started!

Regarding the article, I understand where Schein is coming from, although I think his assessment is a bit too pessimistic; I don't believe all bridges have been burnt and that the only available option is to move Revis on. When it comes to possible trades, it would have to be a significant offer (ie more than just draft picks or draft picks plus Alex Smith) to get me even remotely interested in agreeing to move him on. For a player as good as Revis is when healthy, unproven draft picks - even multiple first rounders - wouldn't satisfy me.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users