NYJetsFan.com Forums: Matt Moore To Jets? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

THREE MORE SPOTS FOR FANTASY FOOTBALL: http://nyjetsfan.com...ndpost&p=356805
azjetfan Icon : (01 July 2015 - 07:53 PM) Shot an 86 today. Personal best.
santana Icon : (01 July 2015 - 08:19 PM) well done
santana Icon : (01 July 2015 - 08:19 PM) im going to play friday
blk_orion Icon : (02 July 2015 - 08:57 AM) play what? golf?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 July 2015 - 01:16 PM) Sheldon Richardson suspended 4 game for substance abuse.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 July 2015 - 01:16 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (02 July 2015 - 06:15 PM) DAMNIT TO f***ing HELL!!!!
azjetfan Icon : (02 July 2015 - 07:46 PM) Yup. Golf. I'm ready to take on Tiger. Mid season form. For what ever reason I am hitting the driver great. 280 and fairly controlled. I'm playing again Saturday.
santana Icon : (02 July 2015 - 07:55 PM) tiger shot a 66 today didnt he easy course though
santana Icon : (02 July 2015 - 07:55 PM) things were going too well for the jets this off season
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 July 2015 - 10:33 PM) Well I guess Williams will be starting in opening day now
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2015 - 09:34 PM) WOW homerun derby was awesome!!
santana Icon : (14 July 2015 - 03:56 PM) I missed it frown face
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 July 2015 - 09:35 PM) WOOOOOOO
SecondHandJets Icon : (25 July 2015 - 10:24 PM) CONFORTO > TROUT, JUST ACCEPT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
santana Icon : (28 July 2015 - 10:52 AM) blasphemy
azjetfan Icon : (28 July 2015 - 01:37 PM) Brady suspension upheld
Chaos Icon : (30 July 2015 - 05:55 PM) https://twitter.com/...885423357390848
Chaos Icon : (30 July 2015 - 05:56 PM) God dammit Richardson. Jets need to pay Mo. Richardson is turning into a huge liability.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 July 2015 - 06:17 PM) good thing we drafted williams. thats why you take BPA
jets4life Icon : (30 July 2015 - 07:54 PM) Mike Freeman of the B/R has spoken to three NFL sources who all said they think Jets DE Sheldon Richardson Will Never Play Another Down In The Nfl following this arrest.

Freeman’s sources all pointed to the 12-year child and the loaded handgun in the car as two major concerns regarding the incident.
We’ll have more details regarding Richardson as the news is available.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (30 July 2015 - 08:44 PM) do we need to get rid of sheldon?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (30 July 2015 - 08:44 PM) wtf was he thinking driving 143 mph
azjetfan Icon : (30 July 2015 - 09:19 PM) My guess would be by the time he is done with all his suspensions he will not be under contract anymore.
azjetfan Icon : (30 July 2015 - 09:20 PM) The child and gun will do him in.
azjetfan Icon : (30 July 2015 - 09:20 PM) Was he charged with child endangerment?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 July 2015 - 10:53 PM) Why o why
Chaos Icon : (31 July 2015 - 07:29 AM) i think he was only charged with resisting arrest
Chaos Icon : (31 July 2015 - 07:29 AM) he isn't going anywhere. wife beaters get second chances and he won't?
Chaos Icon : (31 July 2015 - 07:29 AM) i'm sure he's going to be suspended for more than 4 games though
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (31 July 2015 - 10:16 AM) Richardson is a moron
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (31 July 2015 - 10:16 AM) Good thing we drafted Williams
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (31 July 2015 - 10:17 AM) Makes the decision easier to pay Wilkerson, someone who knows how to not get into trouble off the field
ROBJETS Icon : (01 August 2015 - 09:45 AM) put in full screen and turn up the volume.. One of the best music videos Ive ever seen. You might want the old lady seeing it though and definitely not the kids. No nudity but Butt galore!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (01 August 2015 - 09:45 AM) https://www.facebook...?type=2&theater
ROBJETS Icon : (01 August 2015 - 09:46 AM) meant might not want your woman seeing it
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 August 2015 - 03:16 PM) Now Wilkerson might be hurt...... f***
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:20 PM) I'm almost regretting cutting the cord. Since canceling my Direct TV I have been pretty happy with Netflix sling TV and a $30 antenna. Now that football season is around the corner I am itching. It's just so hard to spend $100plus a month to watch a 3 hour game.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:21 PM) I'll try streaming when it's not on my locals which I assume will be quite a bit.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 01:49 PM) I got the ticket last year after not having it for years and I'm never going back to life without it again
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 01:50 PM) Even if the jets aren't on I can watch any team I want
santana Icon : (Today, 01:52 PM) yeah the ticket is nice
SecondHandJets Icon : (Today, 03:06 PM) Hey Santana... how about them Mets?
santana Icon : (Today, 03:36 PM) trading punches
santana Icon : (Today, 03:37 PM) someone needs to get strasburg on the horse placenta
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Matt Moore To Jets?

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,166
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...y-new-york-jets

Quote

INDIANAPOLIS -- If quarterback Matt Moore's days with the Miami Dolphins are over, Ryan Tannehill's backup is certain to draw interest in free agency.

Unofficial list of free agents
Check out this unofficial list of NFL restricted and unrestricted free agents for every team, which includes Greg Jennings. More ...
Ben Volin of The Palm Beach Post reported Saturday that Moore could be in line for a two- or three-year contract worth roughly $5 million per season.

Moore -- in a perfect world -- wants to sign with a team facing a shaky quarterback situation, according to Volin. Moore also would like to get closer to his home in Southern California. Volin ruled out cold-weather teams such as the Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills but cited the New York Jets as a dark-horse candidate for Moore's services.

It's clear the Jets need help at quarterback, and Moore -- with a 13-12 career record as a starter -- comes equipped with knowledge of the AFC East.

The Minnesota Vikings reportedly are an option, but a league source told Volin the Arizona Cardinals remain an unlikely landing spot for Moore because new coach Bruce Arians might target Indianapolis Colts backup quarterback Drew Stanton.

Offseason Forecast: Dolphins
Around The League examines what's next for all 32 NFL teams. Henry Hodgson covers the Dolphins. More ...
One final possibility? The Dolphins.

General manager Jeff Ireland, offensive coordinator Mike Sherman and Tannehill have been on the phone with Moore in recent days urging him to re-sign with the Dolphins. It remains an option if Moore doesn't fall in love with another potential landing spot.

Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,492
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

I'd love Moore here. He's the best case scenario.
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,119
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Struggled in the WCO, so hes a obvious fit here in the WCO.
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,492
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 24 February 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

Struggled in the WCO, so hes a obvious fit here in the WCO.


Where did he struggle in the WCO?
0

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,119
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 February 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

Where did he struggle in the WCO?


In miami, he was struggling with the WCO that Philbin brought over to them.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,492
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 25 February 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

In miami, he was struggling with the WCO that Philbin brought over to them.


I dont think that's fair to say. He only came in for 2 games in 2012. I looked up his stats and he had a QB rating of 96 for the year. Not exactly a "struggle" indicator. I think what happened is that when you draft a QB 8th overall, like Philbin did with Tannehil, you ride him. Tannehill did have a good season for them so it's not a bad choice, but it's not a knock on Moore. He had a very good 2011 season. I'd take him over Flynn all day long.
0

#7 User is offline   jet-man Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 196
  • Joined: 04-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

he's better than flynn. and he does'nt check down as much as a. smith. may be a decent fit with the jets.
0

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,119
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 February 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

I dont think that's fair to say. He only came in for 2 games in 2012. I looked up his stats and he had a QB rating of 96 for the year. Not exactly a "struggle" indicator. I think what happened is that when you draft a QB 8th overall, like Philbin did with Tannehil, you ride him. Tannehill did have a good season for them so it's not a bad choice, but it's not a knock on Moore. He had a very good 2011 season. I'd take him over Flynn all day long.



Who said I was talking about his time during the season? reports were he was struggling all camp with the system and struggled in preseason.

I rather have Flynn who has spent years preparing in the WCO.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,492
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 25 February 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Who said I was talking about his time during the season? reports were he was struggling all camp with the system and struggled in preseason.

I rather have Flynn who has spent years preparing in the WCO.


Both Flynn and Moore lost their starting jobs to rookies in training camp. We've seen Moore compete in an NFL season and know what he's capable of. We've seen Flynn in 1 game against a team that had given up on the season. Flynn isn't a FA, Moore is.
0

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,119
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 February 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Both Flynn and Moore lost their starting jobs to rookies in training camp. We've seen Moore compete in an NFL season and know what he's capable of. We've seen Flynn in 1 game against a team that had given up on the season. Flynn isn't a FA, Moore is.


Flynn will be available. Russell Wilson was a lot better than Tannehill was.
Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,646
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Matt moore is a great back up / average NFL starter. We kind of know what we are getting with him. Since it looks like this team will be in full tear down mode this year and next, I'd rather roll the dice on flynn and hope that QB is one less position this team will have to address. We know what we would have in moore, while many do not like flynn, nobody really knows what we would be getting with him. My view point is that if we sign moore, we will have to draft a QB...if we trade for flynn we might not have to draft a QB. I really don't think either will pan out long term but if I had to make a choice, I'll take the upside and unknown.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#12 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,492
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 25 February 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Flynn will be available. Russell Wilson was a lot better than Tannehill was.


What's does "available" mean? Yea he can be had... For draft picks. No thanks. A 7th rounder who got beat out by a rookie isn't worth a mid rounder when there's a comparable FA out there.
0

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,119
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 February 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

What's does "available" mean? Yea he can be had... For draft picks. No thanks. A 7th rounder who got beat out by a rookie isn't worth a mid rounder when there's a comparable FA out there.



you keep saying beat out by a rookie while forgetting how good Russell Wilson was.... and he may be released, the Seahawks want to get a backup with a similar skillset as Wilson.

Flynn wasn't performing bad, it was how good Wilson looked to why they went with Wilson.
Posted Image
0

#14 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,492
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 26 February 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

you keep saying beat out by a rookie while forgetting how good Russell Wilson was.... and he may be released, the Seahawks want to get a backup with a similar skillset as Wilson.

Flynn wasn't performing bad, it was how good Wilson looked to why they went with Wilson.


How in the world do you know how Flynn was performing in Seattle's camp? Wilson didn't light the world on fire in September or October. He had a great rookie season and got better as the season went on. Same can be said for Tannenhill who set a few Dolphin records, including passing record for a rookie. How do you know that Moore wasn't having just as good of a offseason as Flynn?

Flynn will not be cut. To suggest that an nfl team is going to cut a you g QB FA acquisition from the year before simply because they have another young QB is retarded. Flynn has trade value so if anything, he'll be traded. I just hope the jets are smart enough to stay the hell away from him.
0

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,119
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 26 February 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

How in the world do you know how Flynn was performing in Seattle's camp? Wilson didn't light the world on fire in September or October. He had a great rookie season and got better as the season went on. Same can be said for Tannenhill who set a few Dolphin records, including passing record for a rookie. How do you know that Moore wasn't having just as good of a offseason as Flynn?

Flynn will not be cut. To suggest that an nfl team is going to cut a you g QB FA acquisition from the year before simply because they have another young QB is retarded. Flynn has trade value so if anything, he'll be traded. I just hope the jets are smart enough to stay the hell away from him.



Because I follow the NFL? Wilson was dominating over the Summer, he came in and was special right away that is why they made him starter not because Flynn was sucking.

How do you know that Flynn won't be cut? Reports say there is a real chance he does.
Posted Image
0

#16 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,469
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 February 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

I dont think that's fair to say. He only came in for 2 games in 2012. I looked up his stats and he had a QB rating of 96 for the year. Not exactly a "struggle" indicator. I think what happened is that when you draft a QB 8th overall, like Philbin did with Tannehil, you ride him. Tannehill did have a good season for them so it's not a bad choice, but it's not a knock on Moore. He had a very good 2011 season. I'd take him over Flynn all day long.

For one a guy going into his second year got beat out by a rookie that supposedly had zero chance to start last year and came in fighting for 3rd string.As far as that 96 QB rating who are you trying to fool???? Are trying to convince us or yourself??? Two games 119 yards passing total and 1 td with no interceptions 57% compl. How could you ever consider that good? That isn't even average. And a career rate of 80 qb rating out of 150 isn't really good in most peoples eyes. His stats for the 6 years aren't convincing me he is even average.

Seriously no offense man but if you think that 96 rating is good with those stats then someone must have beat you in in the head to the point of brain damage with a stupid stick.

I looked at his stats and they are a joke. He isn't much better than Sanchez if at all and also he takes a lot of sacks. Basically you are trading Sanchez for another Sanchez type of player(a bust). Moore has never made it through a full 16 games yet and they couldn't have all been from injuries that took him out so the coaches apparently thought he was bad as a starter and he has had enough chances to prove himself.If he couldnt prove himself in 6 years he never will. The same as Sanchez should be. Moore is a career backup at best.

If Moore comes here it will be another disaster. Moore only looked half serviceable in Miami because he had a good running game...kind of like Sanchez had for two years. You take that good running game away and he would really be exposed just like Sanchez was.

No thank you to Moore. I personally will be pissed as hell if he comes here. If the fo brings him here that will make me lose all confidence in the new gm and scouting team. Moore is not a real starter and and his career proves it. Id rather the Jets try their luck at a bunch of rookies and hope they find a gem in the rough or try to eventually steal an actual proven good qb from another team.Id rather even rather the Jets give the starting job to Mcelroy for the year to see what he can accomplish with some actual experience instead of just being brought in for a game and a half. That proved nothing.

And if your point is to bring him in as a backup or to compete with Sanchez for the job neither scenario is worth it. A qb (Moore)that is no better than Sanchez be a total waste to bring in to compete with Sanchez.Bringing Moore in as a starter or as a backup is a total waste also. Sanchez as a starter or as a backup this year is pretty durable so we dont need anyone but Sanchez as a backup or a rookie backing Sanchez starting up until the fo can Sanchez to the curb.
0

#17 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,053
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

lmaoo
0

#18 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,948
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

I like matt moore
I think he would make an adequate backup
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#19 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,317
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

View Postsantana, on 28 February 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

I like matt moore
I think he would make an adequate backup


I'd rather have Matt Moore than Brady Quinn as the backup.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#20 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,492
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 28 February 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

For one a guy going into his second year got beat out by a rookie that supposedly had zero chance to start last year and came in fighting for 3rd string.As far as that 96 QB rating who are you trying to fool???? Are trying to convince us or yourself??? Two games 119 yards passing total and 1 td with no interceptions 57% compl. How could you ever consider that good? That isn't even average. And a career rate of 80 qb rating out of 150 isn't really good in most peoples eyes. His stats for the 6 years aren't convincing me he is even average.

Seriously no offense man but if you think that 96 rating is good with those stats then someone must have beat you in in the head to the point of brain damage with a stupid stick.

I looked at his stats and they are a joke. He isn't much better than Sanchez if at all and also he takes a lot of sacks. Basically you are trading Sanchez for another Sanchez type of player(a bust). Moore has never made it through a full 16 games yet and they couldn't have all been from injuries that took him out so the coaches apparently thought he was bad as a starter and he has had enough chances to prove himself.If he couldnt prove himself in 6 years he never will. The same as Sanchez should be. Moore is a career backup at best.

If Moore comes here it will be another disaster. Moore only looked half serviceable in Miami because he had a good running game...kind of like Sanchez had for two years. You take that good running game away and he would really be exposed just like Sanchez was.

No thank you to Moore. I personally will be pissed as hell if he comes here. If the fo brings him here that will make me lose all confidence in the new gm and scouting team. Moore is not a real starter and and his career proves it. Id rather the Jets try their luck at a bunch of rookies and hope they find a gem in the rough or try to eventually steal an actual proven good qb from another team.Id rather even rather the Jets give the starting job to Mcelroy for the year to see what he can accomplish with some actual experience instead of just being brought in for a game and a half. That proved nothing.

And if your point is to bring him in as a backup or to compete with Sanchez for the job neither scenario is worth it. A qb (Moore)that is no better than Sanchez be a total waste to bring in to compete with Sanchez.Bringing Moore in as a starter or as a backup is a total waste also. Sanchez as a starter or as a backup this year is pretty durable so we dont need anyone but Sanchez as a backup or a rookie backing Sanchez starting up until the fo can Sanchez to the curb.


Thats all well and good and no one is trumping Matt Moore to be anything more than a stop gap. However, I rather sign Matt Moore off the street than give up a draft pick for Flynn. That was my point.
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users