NYJetsFan.com Forums: Matt Moore To Jets? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (13 April 2014 - 10:50 AM) Teh.
santana Icon : (13 April 2014 - 10:59 AM) Peeps in new Orleans still talking about wrestle mania
santana Icon : (13 April 2014 - 10:59 AM) The hype was strong
Jetsman05 Icon : (13 April 2014 - 12:27 PM) Unreal.
santana Icon : (13 April 2014 - 12:33 PM) It was all just a dream
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (13 April 2014 - 05:20 PM) I used to read Word Up magazine
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) http://espn.go.com/n...port?src=mobile
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 April 2014 - 08:32 PM) Its funny how much baseball has used replay in the first 2 weeks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (13 April 2014 - 08:46 PM) BREAKING NEWS: I'M STILL FUCKIN ALIVE JUST BUSY GETTING MY BUSINESS OFF THE GROUND!!!! FOR FURTHER NOTICE KISS MY ASS!!!!
santana Icon : (13 April 2014 - 09:30 PM) Lol
santana Icon : (13 April 2014 - 09:31 PM) Gg03 doing his own updates
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 April 2014 - 10:33 PM) ^because the updates here never change
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 April 2014 - 02:30 AM) That's right, because I was on the edge of my seat wondering whether or not Garrett McIntyre would be resigned or not.
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 April 2014 - 02:39 AM) There is not really much to update us about in the dog days of the off-season. Unless we want Santana to be like CNN and give us constant "updates" about the missing Malaysian airplane.
santana Icon : (14 April 2014 - 08:50 AM) I should start doing baseball updates
santana Icon : (14 April 2014 - 08:50 AM) Dodger dawgss
Smedsthejet Icon : (14 April 2014 - 01:52 PM) Cro enjoyed a good birthday with some of that Cardinals signing bonus: http://kissingsuzyko...tle-people.html
azjetfan Icon : (14 April 2014 - 03:44 PM) ESPN NY
azjetfan Icon : (14 April 2014 - 03:44 PM) 18. New York Jets -- Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State: Surprised? Yes, the Jets need a receiver, but it's the deepest receiver draft in years, and they can find a good one in the second round. This would mark the fifth straight year with a defensive pick in Round 1.
Chaos Icon : (14 April 2014 - 03:51 PM) is he better than Gilbert, Dennard, and Fuller?
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 April 2014 - 03:56 PM) In my biased opinion I don't think he's better than Dennard.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) ewww
azjetfan Icon : (14 April 2014 - 04:13 PM) Denard and Gilbert are gone in this mock by 18
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) no f***ing way...
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 07:44 PM) ICYMI We AREN'T the 49ers... THANK GOODNESS!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 07:45 PM) Carry On NUMBNUTS!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 09:23 PM) FAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 09:23 PM) DAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 09:24 PM) GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 April 2014 - 11:53 PM) EVOLUTION!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 April 2014 - 11:57 PM) OOO Man I got to get tickets to Extreme rules now. since I will be in NY that week
greenandwhit... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:32 AM) I have to get tickets... Evolution is back. I'm 10 years old again
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:04 AM) Chris Johnson visiting jets today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 AM) http://i.imgur.com/RWFWUYi.gif
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) izdik offers him a lifetime supply of clip on dreadlocks
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:40 PM) ‏@KristianRDyer 1h
Hearing from a team source that interest between Jets, Chris Johnson is "mutually high between both parties." #nyjets #jetstwitter
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:16 PM) ICYMI : Today marks the 51 year anniversary that the Titans of NY became the NEW YORK JETS
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:21 PM) nice we could use CJ. we still lack offesnife playmakers
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:02 PM) ‏@MMehtaNYDN 7m
Chris Johnson's visit with the Jets today: Productive. Good vibes all around, I'm told. #nyj
Expand
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) offesnife!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) tehhhh
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:54 PM) yay more typing jokes. how original. you should see this thing called the internet
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 PM) So you ever go on that there Internet? Lotta cool stuff on that Internet
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM)

Ian Rapoport
Chris Johnson’s visit with #Jets today went well, from what it sounded like. It’s over now. Nothing final yet, other teams still circling
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) I think he's just stating the obvious but whatever it's an update
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Matt Moore To Jets?

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...y-new-york-jets

INDIANAPOLIS -- If quarterback Matt Moore's days with the Miami Dolphins are over, Ryan Tannehill's backup is certain to draw interest in free agency.

Unofficial list of free agents
Check out this unofficial list of NFL restricted and unrestricted free agents for every team, which includes Greg Jennings. More ...
Ben Volin of The Palm Beach Post reported Saturday that Moore could be in line for a two- or three-year contract worth roughly $5 million per season.

Moore -- in a perfect world -- wants to sign with a team facing a shaky quarterback situation, according to Volin. Moore also would like to get closer to his home in Southern California. Volin ruled out cold-weather teams such as the Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills but cited the New York Jets as a dark-horse candidate for Moore's services.

It's clear the Jets need help at quarterback, and Moore -- with a 13-12 career record as a starter -- comes equipped with knowledge of the AFC East.

The Minnesota Vikings reportedly are an option, but a league source told Volin the Arizona Cardinals remain an unlikely landing spot for Moore because new coach Bruce Arians might target Indianapolis Colts backup quarterback Drew Stanton.

Offseason Forecast: Dolphins
Around The League examines what's next for all 32 NFL teams. Henry Hodgson covers the Dolphins. More ...
One final possibility? The Dolphins.

General manager Jeff Ireland, offensive coordinator Mike Sherman and Tannehill have been on the phone with Moore in recent days urging him to re-sign with the Dolphins. It remains an option if Moore doesn't fall in love with another potential landing spot.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

I'd love Moore here. He's the best case scenario.

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Struggled in the WCO, so hes a obvious fit here in the WCO.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 24 February 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

Struggled in the WCO, so hes a obvious fit here in the WCO.

Where did he struggle in the WCO?

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 February 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

Where did he struggle in the WCO?

In miami, he was struggling with the WCO that Philbin brought over to them.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 25 February 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

In miami, he was struggling with the WCO that Philbin brought over to them.

I dont think that's fair to say. He only came in for 2 games in 2012. I looked up his stats and he had a QB rating of 96 for the year. Not exactly a "struggle" indicator. I think what happened is that when you draft a QB 8th overall, like Philbin did with Tannehil, you ride him. Tannehill did have a good season for them so it's not a bad choice, but it's not a knock on Moore. He had a very good 2011 season. I'd take him over Flynn all day long.

#7 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

he's better than flynn. and he does'nt check down as much as a. smith. may be a decent fit with the jets.

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 February 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

I dont think that's fair to say. He only came in for 2 games in 2012. I looked up his stats and he had a QB rating of 96 for the year. Not exactly a "struggle" indicator. I think what happened is that when you draft a QB 8th overall, like Philbin did with Tannehil, you ride him. Tannehill did have a good season for them so it's not a bad choice, but it's not a knock on Moore. He had a very good 2011 season. I'd take him over Flynn all day long.

Who said I was talking about his time during the season? reports were he was struggling all camp with the system and struggled in preseason.

I rather have Flynn who has spent years preparing in the WCO.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 25 February 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Who said I was talking about his time during the season? reports were he was struggling all camp with the system and struggled in preseason.

I rather have Flynn who has spent years preparing in the WCO.

Both Flynn and Moore lost their starting jobs to rookies in training camp. We've seen Moore compete in an NFL season and know what he's capable of. We've seen Flynn in 1 game against a team that had given up on the season. Flynn isn't a FA, Moore is.

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 February 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Both Flynn and Moore lost their starting jobs to rookies in training camp. We've seen Moore compete in an NFL season and know what he's capable of. We've seen Flynn in 1 game against a team that had given up on the season. Flynn isn't a FA, Moore is.

Flynn will be available. Russell Wilson was a lot better than Tannehill was.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Matt moore is a great back up / average NFL starter. We kind of know what we are getting with him. Since it looks like this team will be in full tear down mode this year and next, I'd rather roll the dice on flynn and hope that QB is one less position this team will have to address. We know what we would have in moore, while many do not like flynn, nobody really knows what we would be getting with him. My view point is that if we sign moore, we will have to draft a QB...if we trade for flynn we might not have to draft a QB. I really don't think either will pan out long term but if I had to make a choice, I'll take the upside and unknown.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#12 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 25 February 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Flynn will be available. Russell Wilson was a lot better than Tannehill was.

What's does "available" mean? Yea he can be had... For draft picks. No thanks. A 7th rounder who got beat out by a rookie isn't worth a mid rounder when there's a comparable FA out there.

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 February 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

What's does "available" mean? Yea he can be had... For draft picks. No thanks. A 7th rounder who got beat out by a rookie isn't worth a mid rounder when there's a comparable FA out there.

you keep saying beat out by a rookie while forgetting how good Russell Wilson was.... and he may be released, the Seahawks want to get a backup with a similar skillset as Wilson.

Flynn wasn't performing bad, it was how good Wilson looked to why they went with Wilson.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 26 February 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

you keep saying beat out by a rookie while forgetting how good Russell Wilson was.... and he may be released, the Seahawks want to get a backup with a similar skillset as Wilson.

Flynn wasn't performing bad, it was how good Wilson looked to why they went with Wilson.

How in the world do you know how Flynn was performing in Seattle's camp? Wilson didn't light the world on fire in September or October. He had a great rookie season and got better as the season went on. Same can be said for Tannenhill who set a few Dolphin records, including passing record for a rookie. How do you know that Moore wasn't having just as good of a offseason as Flynn?

Flynn will not be cut. To suggest that an nfl team is going to cut a you g QB FA acquisition from the year before simply because they have another young QB is retarded. Flynn has trade value so if anything, he'll be traded. I just hope the jets are smart enough to stay the hell away from him.

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 26 February 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

How in the world do you know how Flynn was performing in Seattle's camp? Wilson didn't light the world on fire in September or October. He had a great rookie season and got better as the season went on. Same can be said for Tannenhill who set a few Dolphin records, including passing record for a rookie. How do you know that Moore wasn't having just as good of a offseason as Flynn?

Flynn will not be cut. To suggest that an nfl team is going to cut a you g QB FA acquisition from the year before simply because they have another young QB is retarded. Flynn has trade value so if anything, he'll be traded. I just hope the jets are smart enough to stay the hell away from him.

Because I follow the NFL? Wilson was dominating over the Summer, he came in and was special right away that is why they made him starter not because Flynn was sucking.

How do you know that Flynn won't be cut? Reports say there is a real chance he does.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 February 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

For one a guy going into his second year got beat out by a rookie that supposedly had zero chance to start last year and came in fighting for 3rd string.As far as that 96 QB rating who are you trying to fool???? Are trying to convince us or yourself??? Two games 119 yards passing total and 1 td with no interceptions 57% compl. How could you ever consider that good? That isn't even average. And a career rate of 80 qb rating out of 150 isn't really good in most peoples eyes. His stats for the 6 years aren't convincing me he is even average.

Seriously no offense man but if you think that 96 rating is good with those stats then someone must have beat you in in the head to the point of brain damage with a stupid stick.

I looked at his stats and they are a joke. He isn't much better than Sanchez if at all and also he takes a lot of sacks. Basically you are trading Sanchez for another Sanchez type of player(a bust). Moore has never made it through a full 16 games yet and they couldn't have all been from injuries that took him out so the coaches apparently thought he was bad as a starter and he has had enough chances to prove himself.If he couldnt prove himself in 6 years he never will. The same as Sanchez should be. Moore is a career backup at best.

If Moore comes here it will be another disaster. Moore only looked half serviceable in Miami because he had a good running game...kind of like Sanchez had for two years. You take that good running game away and he would really be exposed just like Sanchez was.

No thank you to Moore. I personally will be pissed as hell if he comes here. If the fo brings him here that will make me lose all confidence in the new gm and scouting team. Moore is not a real starter and and his career proves it. Id rather the Jets try their luck at a bunch of rookies and hope they find a gem in the rough or try to eventually steal an actual proven good qb from another team.Id rather even rather the Jets give the starting job to Mcelroy for the year to see what he can accomplish with some actual experience instead of just being brought in for a game and a half. That proved nothing.

And if your point is to bring him in as a backup or to compete with Sanchez for the job neither scenario is worth it. A qb (Moore)that is no better than Sanchez be a total waste to bring in to compete with Sanchez.Bringing Moore in as a starter or as a backup is a total waste also. Sanchez as a starter or as a backup this year is pretty durable so we dont need anyone but Sanchez as a backup or a rookie backing Sanchez starting up until the fo can Sanchez to the curb.

#17 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

lmaoo

#18 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

I like matt moore
I think he would make an adequate backup
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#19 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

View Postsantana, on 28 February 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

I like matt moore
I think he would make an adequate backup

I'd rather have Matt Moore than Brady Quinn as the backup.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#20 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 28 February 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

For one a guy going into his second year got beat out by a rookie that supposedly had zero chance to start last year and came in fighting for 3rd string.As far as that 96 QB rating who are you trying to fool???? Are trying to convince us or yourself??? Two games 119 yards passing total and 1 td with no interceptions 57% compl. How could you ever consider that good? That isn't even average. And a career rate of 80 qb rating out of 150 isn't really good in most peoples eyes. His stats for the 6 years aren't convincing me he is even average.

Seriously no offense man but if you think that 96 rating is good with those stats then someone must have beat you in in the head to the point of brain damage with a stupid stick.

I looked at his stats and they are a joke. He isn't much better than Sanchez if at all and also he takes a lot of sacks. Basically you are trading Sanchez for another Sanchez type of player(a bust). Moore has never made it through a full 16 games yet and they couldn't have all been from injuries that took him out so the coaches apparently thought he was bad as a starter and he has had enough chances to prove himself.If he couldnt prove himself in 6 years he never will. The same as Sanchez should be. Moore is a career backup at best.

If Moore comes here it will be another disaster. Moore only looked half serviceable in Miami because he had a good running game...kind of like Sanchez had for two years. You take that good running game away and he would really be exposed just like Sanchez was.

No thank you to Moore. I personally will be pissed as hell if he comes here. If the fo brings him here that will make me lose all confidence in the new gm and scouting team. Moore is not a real starter and and his career proves it. Id rather the Jets try their luck at a bunch of rookies and hope they find a gem in the rough or try to eventually steal an actual proven good qb from another team.Id rather even rather the Jets give the starting job to Mcelroy for the year to see what he can accomplish with some actual experience instead of just being brought in for a game and a half. That proved nothing.

And if your point is to bring him in as a backup or to compete with Sanchez for the job neither scenario is worth it. A qb (Moore)that is no better than Sanchez be a total waste to bring in to compete with Sanchez.Bringing Moore in as a starter or as a backup is a total waste also. Sanchez as a starter or as a backup this year is pretty durable so we dont need anyone but Sanchez as a backup or a rookie backing Sanchez starting up until the fo can Sanchez to the curb.

Thats all well and good and no one is trumping Matt Moore to be anything more than a stop gap. However, I rather sign Matt Moore off the street than give up a draft pick for Flynn. That was my point.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users