NYJetsFan.com Forums: Darrelle Revis' Exit Would Spell Doom For Rex Ryan - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ROBJETS Icon : (22 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (22 August 2014 - 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 August 2014 - 12:00 AM) In Geno we trust
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 August 2014 - 07:23 AM) preseason or not, our offense hasn't looked competent in a while like it does this year. our rushing attack should be very good. Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory could be a dynamic duo
santana Icon : (23 August 2014 - 10:14 AM) http://youtu.be/2X0H709cJkA
santana Icon : (23 August 2014 - 01:28 PM) 2-0 lead most dangerous kind of lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 02:46 PM) Sam Bradford tears ACL and out for the season
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Dimitri Patterson is MISSING
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 04:50 PM) BREAKING NEWS: NO FAT CHICKS!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 August 2014 - 10:28 PM) Rams want Sanchez
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 August 2014 - 10:28 PM) Shotty and Sanchez again
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:04 PM) Champ Bailey to be released by Denver. Considering how busted up we are and Patterson now being suspended, do we take a look?
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:05 PM) Cro rumored to be gettin released from Arizona. We should definitely bring him in since he already knows the system and he's bett erhtan our 3rd/4th stringers which is where we're at at this point.
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:06 PM) *better than
Chaos Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:58 PM) Cro may get released?!
Chaos Icon : (25 August 2014 - 02:07 PM) /announcement
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 04:54 PM) patterson suspended indefinatly by idzik. were fucked at CB right now
azjetfan Icon : (25 August 2014 - 08:35 PM) Do the Rams have a CB worth trading for?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 08:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) Saunders had a seizure, that is why he got into a car crash. He returned to practice, weird/
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 07:00 AM) ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Jets tried trading WR Stepehen Hill this summer. No takers. Let's see if final cuts today and Saturday change that equation.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:15 AM) i hate izdik
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 12:32 PM) Our starting CB Walls working in rehab area
Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 02:52 PM) any CBs that are decent on the trade block or facing salary cuts?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:00 PM) I wouldnt cut Hill watch him go to NE and turn into Randy Moss
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) I'm just glad there aren't anymore greedy bastards on the team to deal with
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Or street thugs
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) f*** a CB problem
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:49 PM) need 1 more in the fantasy league
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Darrelle Revis' Exit Would Spell Doom For Rex Ryan

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Interesting read.

http://sports.yahoo....-010841121.html

INDIANAPOLIS As coach Rex Ryan grasps the fact that the New York Jets are apparently in the market to trade cornerback Darrelle Revis, he was likely hit with an overwhelming feeling:

He's a Dead Coach Walking.

How long will Darrelle Revis and Rex Ryan be together on the New York Jets? (USA Today Sports)As the Jets spent last weekend at the NFL scouting combine shopping Revis in passive-aggressive style (New York isn't calling anybody, but team management was all ears when multiple teams called to hold preliminary talks, according to sources), Ryan is now faced with what he must do to avoid the near-certain end of his tenure.

Does he go to owner Woody Johnson and demand that the team sign Revis to a contract extension in hopes of rebuilding his scattered defense? Or does he let the likely trade play out and hope that he can somehow turn around a team that will be led by quarterback Mark Sanchez?

Recently hired Jets general manager John Idzik declined to respond to calls from Yahoo! Sports on Monday, preferring to stand by his remarks from last Thursday. Idzik spent eight minutes at the combine that day trying to deflect questions about whether Revis would be traded. At one point, Idzik said, "With respect to Darrelle, we have always wanted him to be a part of the New York Jets."

However, Idzik has yet to call agents Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod to discuss parameters of an extension past the 2013 season, according to a source familiar with the circumstances. Revis can opt out of his contract after the upcoming season and the Jets can't franchise him at that point, making him eligible for free agency in 2014.

While that's enticing for Revis, who is coming back from a season-ending knee injury in 2012 and could become one of the league's top-paid players, it's also not necessarily what he wants. Multiple sources have said that Revis desires to finish his career with the Jets. Additionally, Revis' top sponsor, Nike, would like Revis to remain in New York, according to a source.

Revis' desire may not matter, though. Although Idzik has been in contact with Revis twice this offseason in an effort to quell any talk of a trade, word has quietly gotten around the NFL that the Jets are willing to part with him.

Sanchez threw 13 touchdowns and 18 interceptions last season. (USA Today Sports)That appears to be part of a large rebuilding process that figures to last beyond 2013, when the team can finally part with Sanchez.

Two sources indicated this weekend that there is nearly zero market for Sanchez, particularly with a contract that calls for an $8.25 million guarantee this season.

"Unless there's something I don't understand, Mark is going to be there," one source said.

If the Jets parted ways with Sanchez after the '13 season, the question becomes who will be the coach to pick the next quarterback? Ryan, whose background is primarily on defense and has gone two straight seasons without reaching the playoffs, could be out of the picture.

The question for teams wanting to acquire Revis is whether they want to do it now or wait until later. Any team getting Revis would likely want to do an extension with him as part of the trade.

Revis is expected to fetch in excess of $16 million per year. That estimate is based on the eight-year, $132 million contract extension Detroit wide receiver Calvin Johnson and the six-year, $100 million deal Buffalo defensive end Mario Williams got. Each of those deals were done in the 2012 offseason.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SoReALSoJetS Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:THE JETS

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Revis out on the jets all season and they were still #2 in pass defense... I think ryan is fine
"SO REAL SO JETS"
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostSoReALSoJetS, on 26 February 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

Revis out on the jets all season and they were still #2 in pass defense... I think ryan is fine

With or without revis ryan is on the hot seat
why? because... new york.

As the Jets spent last weekend at the NFL scouting combine shopping Revis in passive-aggressive style (New York isn't calling anybody, but team management was all ears when multiple teams called to hold preliminary talks, according to sources)

listening to offers and scouting makes the jets passive aggressive towards revis lofl
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#4 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

View Postsantana, on 26 February 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

why? because... new york.

Or because he is coming off two horrible seasons.

#5 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

<insert shotty sparano screwed up sanchez tebow suck rant here>
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#6 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

While we all want Revis here if he leaves or not it will have absolutely zero impact on Ryan's job. Ryan's job is in no way tied to Revis and never will be. If Ryan's job is tied to anyone its his loyalty to Sanchez. Ultimately Ryan's job depends on whether the Jets turn around for the better. One player on this team no matter how good unless it is the qb that is great isn't going to take the team anywhere.

Tomlinson was one of the best running backs in history and it sure didn't win him a bowl. Peterson hasn't gotten their either. And no corner in the league ever is going to ever is going to make enough impact to turn a team around.Only a great qb is capable of that. Though all that said a great corner can be the missing piece like with the Broncos demise last year in the playoffs because of an over the hill Champ Bailey that got beat bad more than once and was one of the main reasons the Broncos lost. If the Broncos would have had a healthy Revis in their backfield last year the playoff game would have probably turned out different.

Whether Revis was playing or not all last year this team had way to may holes to be a playoff team. Revis in the backfield in 2011 dint make the Jets a playoff team either.

#7 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 26 February 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

Or because he is coming off two horrible seasons.

But only 1 of them finishing under .500.

The author of the article is a moron if he thinks Revis leaving would be doom for Rex. Apparently he didn't watch a single Jets game last year after Revis went down.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Rex needs to rebuild the defense. I looks like we're going to have a new LBer core and a new secondary in 2013. If he can once again deliver a Top 5 defense, he can blame whatever offensive woes remain on Tanny and survive. I don't think Idzik is going to be given the power to fire Rex after 1 season as GM unless Woody gets completely embarassed.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users