NYJetsFan.com Forums: Darrelle Revis' Exit Would Spell Doom For Rex Ryan - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

New York Jets owner, Woody Johnson, named US ambassador to the UK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 03:39 PM) wooooo5-11
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 04:00 PM) J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 05:56 PM) OK so Bill O brien and Sean Payton might get fired according to Fox this morning
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 05:56 PM) I would do anything to get one of them as OC
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 02:19 PM) texans coach? i doubt he gets fired
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 02:19 PM) but he would be ideal if the jets were to flush bowles out
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 04:36 PM) http://www.nj.com/je...trol_of_je.html
azjetfan Icon : (05 January 2017 - 09:54 PM) Sean Payton will get another HC gig. Obrien would be good.
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:18 PM) Howard from Alabama seems legit. #88 TE
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:20 PM) Williams the WR from Clemson looks like they are out to get him. He has taken some huge hits
vjdbbq Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:12 AM) We'll take Williams in the first round .
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 10:48 AM) I'd love Howard in the 2nd round if he's still there. I like Williams a lot as well, but I just don't see WR being big enough of a need, and there should be better talent on the board at 6
Jetsfan115 Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:21 PM) Raiders OC Musgrave not expected to return to OAK. what do you think about getting him? he did wonders with the oakland offense this year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:39 PM) Definitely an appealing choice given with his history of progressing Carr. We need someone with a track record of grooming young QBs
MikeGangGree... Icon : (12 January 2017 - 12:36 PM) I want Watson now! after what he did Monday night I'm sold on him at QB. He moved the ball all night on Alabama and after hurts scored that TD he just told his team "Lets end this"
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:31 PM) An Ohio prosecutor says he wants to know what punishment Cincinnati Bengals player Adam "Pacman" Jones faces from the NFL before deciding how to proceed over Jones' latest arrest, Dan Sewell of the Associated Press reports..

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters tells WKRC-TV he's asking "what is the normal" for a player with multiple offenses and who's been suspended before.

An NFL spokesman said on Thursday that Jones' case is "under review" and declined to comment further.

Jones was jailed Jan. 3 on charges he head-butted police and spit on a nurse after his arrest for assault. Authorities say he was so combative he had to be placed in a restraint chair.

Jones says he anticipates the charges will be dismissed.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:32 PM) we wont get watson. he's going 1st overall to the browns
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:06 PM) Is Watson a product of Clemson's staff and supporting cast? Taj Boyd also put up some decent numbers if I remember correctly but he couldn't even make a scout team in the NFL.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) From what I have read (although limited) he is not the highest ranked QB in the draft.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) "No quarterback in this draft -- not Mitch Trubisky, not Watson, not DeShone Kizer -- is considered a sure thing. The folks at Scouts Inc. rank Trubisky, Watson and Kizer as the 21st, 38th and 46th prospects on their big board, respectively." ESPN
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:12 PM) If we can get a decent return for Richardson we may be able to make a move into the mid teens to early 20s if the Brass really likes Watson.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:13 PM) Personally I don't think the jets have a clue on who they will take. We still have to hit FA and manage our roster
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 11:46 PM) Jets to interview Broncos assistant Studesville for OC
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:28 PM) Why? seems like a weird choice
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:29 PM) Leonard Williams replacing Khalil Mack in Pro Bowl
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm not buying Watson, even after that championship game. Dude threw too many picks in his day
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm really curious to see what we get for Richardson, but I have a bad feeling his value is at an all time low between his crap season and bad attitude
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 12:16 AM) I agree. He is a first round talent but a fourth round headache. We will be lucky to get a 2nd
Chadforpresi... Icon : (14 January 2017 - 08:41 AM) Yeah precisely. 2nd rounder would be a huge stretch. 3rd or 4th is more likely
vjdbbq Icon : (14 January 2017 - 02:18 PM) Send Sheldon someplace he will never see the playoffs ; like Jacksonville ; then he will have time to find da ho's .
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 07:25 PM) R Sherman is getting torched by the Falcons.
vjdbbq Icon : (16 January 2017 - 09:37 AM) Pats vs Pitt - root for injuries
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 January 2017 - 12:36 PM) GB-ATL game is gonna be a hell of a shootout. that throw rodgers made on 3rd and 20 with 12 seconds left in a tied game was ridiculous. 35 yards rolling out to his left a perfect placed ball on the sideline.
azjetfan Icon : (16 January 2017 - 10:50 PM) Winters resigned to 4 year deal. $7 million per year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (16 January 2017 - 10:51 PM) Seems like a slightly steep price but overall cool with it, he's turned into a good player and is still young. Just needs to stay healthy.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 January 2017 - 04:12 PM) seems like a good deal. they were saying he could have earned over 8 million in the open market
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) Where's Rob ?
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) Is he looking for a new ass ?
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) :saythat:
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:13 AM) :trink39:
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 January 2017 - 01:32 PM) 4 years 29 mil 15 mil guarenteed. so 7.25mil a year for winters. a nice bargain. he took a hometown discount. seems like a good guy. well done winters and mac
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 January 2017 - 04:33 PM) Jets hire Dennard Wilson as defensive backs coach
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 January 2017 - 04:01 PM) Trump to name Jets' owner Woody Johnson U.K. ambassador
vjdbbq Icon : (19 January 2017 - 06:04 PM) Maybe Woody will take the Jets with him to London . PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 January 2017 - 11:13 AM) Mark Gastineau says he has dementia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Darrelle Revis' Exit Would Spell Doom For Rex Ryan

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Interesting read.

http://sports.yahoo....-010841121.html

INDIANAPOLIS As coach Rex Ryan grasps the fact that the New York Jets are apparently in the market to trade cornerback Darrelle Revis, he was likely hit with an overwhelming feeling:

He's a Dead Coach Walking.

How long will Darrelle Revis and Rex Ryan be together on the New York Jets? (USA Today Sports)As the Jets spent last weekend at the NFL scouting combine shopping Revis in passive-aggressive style (New York isn't calling anybody, but team management was all ears when multiple teams called to hold preliminary talks, according to sources), Ryan is now faced with what he must do to avoid the near-certain end of his tenure.

Does he go to owner Woody Johnson and demand that the team sign Revis to a contract extension in hopes of rebuilding his scattered defense? Or does he let the likely trade play out and hope that he can somehow turn around a team that will be led by quarterback Mark Sanchez?

Recently hired Jets general manager John Idzik declined to respond to calls from Yahoo! Sports on Monday, preferring to stand by his remarks from last Thursday. Idzik spent eight minutes at the combine that day trying to deflect questions about whether Revis would be traded. At one point, Idzik said, "With respect to Darrelle, we have always wanted him to be a part of the New York Jets."

However, Idzik has yet to call agents Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod to discuss parameters of an extension past the 2013 season, according to a source familiar with the circumstances. Revis can opt out of his contract after the upcoming season and the Jets can't franchise him at that point, making him eligible for free agency in 2014.

While that's enticing for Revis, who is coming back from a season-ending knee injury in 2012 and could become one of the league's top-paid players, it's also not necessarily what he wants. Multiple sources have said that Revis desires to finish his career with the Jets. Additionally, Revis' top sponsor, Nike, would like Revis to remain in New York, according to a source.

Revis' desire may not matter, though. Although Idzik has been in contact with Revis twice this offseason in an effort to quell any talk of a trade, word has quietly gotten around the NFL that the Jets are willing to part with him.

Sanchez threw 13 touchdowns and 18 interceptions last season. (USA Today Sports)That appears to be part of a large rebuilding process that figures to last beyond 2013, when the team can finally part with Sanchez.

Two sources indicated this weekend that there is nearly zero market for Sanchez, particularly with a contract that calls for an $8.25 million guarantee this season.

"Unless there's something I don't understand, Mark is going to be there," one source said.

If the Jets parted ways with Sanchez after the '13 season, the question becomes who will be the coach to pick the next quarterback? Ryan, whose background is primarily on defense and has gone two straight seasons without reaching the playoffs, could be out of the picture.

The question for teams wanting to acquire Revis is whether they want to do it now or wait until later. Any team getting Revis would likely want to do an extension with him as part of the trade.

Revis is expected to fetch in excess of $16 million per year. That estimate is based on the eight-year, $132 million contract extension Detroit wide receiver Calvin Johnson and the six-year, $100 million deal Buffalo defensive end Mario Williams got. Each of those deals were done in the 2012 offseason.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SoReALSoJetS Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:THE JETS

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Revis out on the jets all season and they were still #2 in pass defense... I think ryan is fine
"SO REAL SO JETS"
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostSoReALSoJetS, on 26 February 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

Revis out on the jets all season and they were still #2 in pass defense... I think ryan is fine

With or without revis ryan is on the hot seat
why? because... new york.

As the Jets spent last weekend at the NFL scouting combine shopping Revis in passive-aggressive style (New York isn't calling anybody, but team management was all ears when multiple teams called to hold preliminary talks, according to sources)

listening to offers and scouting makes the jets passive aggressive towards revis lofl
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#4 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

View Postsantana, on 26 February 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

why? because... new york.

Or because he is coming off two horrible seasons.

#5 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

<insert shotty sparano screwed up sanchez tebow suck rant here>
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#6 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

While we all want Revis here if he leaves or not it will have absolutely zero impact on Ryan's job. Ryan's job is in no way tied to Revis and never will be. If Ryan's job is tied to anyone its his loyalty to Sanchez. Ultimately Ryan's job depends on whether the Jets turn around for the better. One player on this team no matter how good unless it is the qb that is great isn't going to take the team anywhere.

Tomlinson was one of the best running backs in history and it sure didn't win him a bowl. Peterson hasn't gotten their either. And no corner in the league ever is going to ever is going to make enough impact to turn a team around.Only a great qb is capable of that. Though all that said a great corner can be the missing piece like with the Broncos demise last year in the playoffs because of an over the hill Champ Bailey that got beat bad more than once and was one of the main reasons the Broncos lost. If the Broncos would have had a healthy Revis in their backfield last year the playoff game would have probably turned out different.

Whether Revis was playing or not all last year this team had way to may holes to be a playoff team. Revis in the backfield in 2011 dint make the Jets a playoff team either.

#7 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 26 February 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

Or because he is coming off two horrible seasons.

But only 1 of them finishing under .500.

The author of the article is a moron if he thinks Revis leaving would be doom for Rex. Apparently he didn't watch a single Jets game last year after Revis went down.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Rex needs to rebuild the defense. I looks like we're going to have a new LBer core and a new secondary in 2013. If he can once again deliver a Top 5 defense, he can blame whatever offensive woes remain on Tanny and survive. I don't think Idzik is going to be given the power to fire Rex after 1 season as GM unless Woody gets completely embarassed.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users