NYJetsFan.com Forums: Six Teams Explore Alternatives To 'blame' Gabbert, Other 2012 Nfl Starting Qbs - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) How many starters are back from last year?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:23 PM) They had to let defensive players go too. And that's why they refused to pay Chancellor. They don't have the money
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:24 PM) Most of the Defense is back from last season.. who besides the 2nd CB do they not have?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:24 PM) I don't know how many starters. I didn't look through the whole active roster from last year to this year. But I know they let a good many starters go too
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:25 PM) Anyway we need them to win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:26 PM) it puts us in a 4 way tie for the WC
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:26 PM) Maybe Hou can win the division
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:26 PM) They had to let a corner and safety go from the defense and some dline from the starting line up. And some players on the online too
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:27 PM) That's why Russel isn't getting protection and Lynch is having a down year
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:28 PM) Yeah but you need to chr
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:29 PM) check my list of tiebreakers we are down in division and conference games. If the Jets don't beat the Bills and win most of the conference games no playoffs
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:31 PM) Plus we are down in schedule strength to everyone in the hunt for the playoffs except Houston but they have the win and tiebreaker against the Jets
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:32 PM) Oh and also the Bills are below us in schedule strength but have a win against us so have tiebreaker for now
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:33 PM) Chiefs have the easy schedule in the league got the rest of the season so chances of them not getting in are slim
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:35 PM) Chiefs and Stelers are in the drivers seat
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:36 PM) Right but there is a lot of games to go still
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:36 PM) who knows maybe we beat Tenn NYG Dal and Buf
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:36 PM) 10-6?? Maybe
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:36 PM) 1 game at a time I agree
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:36 PM) KC and Oakland have to play each other twice
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Pitt Still has to play Cinn and Denver
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who they may beat.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) We just need Sea to win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) Game over
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) Hawks win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) Well if they make the PAT
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) My bad I thought Pitt had 0 timeouts left
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) I don't trust Denver against any good team with their backup qb in. I except the Chiefs to overtake the division. They really don't trust him either since an injured Manning is the #2 qb. He barely won last week
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Ben is hurt now
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Don't think its anything big tho
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) But Steelers losing today and if they lose against the Bengals would help
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:55 PM) Ben has a possible concussion
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:08 PM) And Pitt plays Indy next week
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:09 PM) If Pittsburgh lose it help if indy lose Houston might be in 1st and have a tie breaker over indy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:16 PM) I just can't wait for Sunday. Me and my brother are going to the game. He's a giants fan. So somebody is going home mad
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:46 PM) Where is frosty??.and his MIGHTY DOLPHINS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:58 PM) Marshall is 70 yards away from being our 1st 1000 yard receiver since cotch in 07
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:03 AM) f*** new England!! And gronk is hurt
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 12:04 AM) Nice to see the Pats won't have an undefeated season. That said the wheat her made the difference. Brady is accurate as heck and the snow affected the pass timing with the wr's
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 12:06 AM) Without the snow I couldn't see the Broncos winning that game. But again great to see the Pats chance at a perfect season go down the tubes
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:21 PM) Brandon Marshall is the best WR I've seen on the Jets
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:23 PM) How bad is Marcus Williams injury?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:23 PM) I like how this guy has 5 INTs in limited playing time, he reminds me of Asante Samuel
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 04:14 PM) After both losses to the Jets this year Miami fired some coaches. LOL
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:05 PM) Jets = Coach killers
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Six Teams Explore Alternatives To 'blame' Gabbert, Other 2012 Nfl Starting Qbs

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

JETS, No. 9

Remarkably, the Bills may not have the worst quarterback situation in the AFC East. The Jets, at least financially, remain committed for at least one more season to Mark Sanchez, who lost his form and his confidence during a miserable 2012 campaign.

Sanchez, the fifth overall pick of the 2009 draft, guided the team to AFC championship games in each of his first two seasons. He regressed during each of his next two seasons, however, committing an NFL-high 52 turnovers over that stretch.

The Mark Sanchez (L) and Tim Tebow experiment did not pan out. (Getty)Thanks to a contract extension negotiated by former general manager Mike Tannenbaum the former part of that sentence is not a coincidence Sanchez's $8.25 million base salary for 2013 is guaranteed. Whether he'll earn that money as a starter, or even make the final roster, remains to be seen, as confused owner Woody Johnson, newly hired general manager John Idzik, embattled coach Rex Ryan and new offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg (replacing the ruinous Tony Sparano) try to make sense of a tough situation.

"What Sparano did to that kid set him back," said one AFC personnel executive familiar with the Jets' situation. "They set him up to fail. The system gave him no chance. It was like a grab bag. Every play was recess. He's not near that bad. But I don't know if they can save him.

"Marty Mornhinweg's system will be more controlled, with some short to intermediate passes. I guess that should help him. I don't know what their long-range plan is. Rex has to win right now. So where are they going? It's a circus."

Throw in the fact that the Jets lack offensive weapons, have a shaky line and are shopping their best player, cornerback Darrelle Revis, and it seems like a splendid short-term situation. What could possibly go wrong?

The Jets, who are expected to cut Tebow, are looking at several veterans as options to compete with Sanchez and Greg McElroy. Former Jags starter David Garrard, 35, worked out for the team last week and may be on the verge of signing. Former Browns, Broncos and Chiefs quarterback Brady Quinn may also be a target, as Jets quarterbacks coach David Lee has spoken highly of him previously. And with the ninth pick of the first round and seventh pick of the second round, the Jets are in prime position to draft a young quarterback as Sanchez's successor.

It's also possible that Idzik, who spent the past six seasons as the Seahawks' vice president of football administration, would be tempted to make a run at trading for Matt Flynn, Seattle's highly paid backup.

Flynn, who shone in limited action as Aaron Rodgers' backup in Green Bay and was regarded as a prized free agent prospect a year ago, landed a three-year, $19.5-million deal with the Seahawks. However, he didn't have any other serious suitors. The Miami Dolphins whose first-year coach, Joe Philbin, had been Flynn's offensive coordinator with the Packers didn't make an aggressive contract offer.

Matt Flynn's role as a backup continued last season even after switching teams. (AP)Then Flynn, somewhat stunningly, got beaten out by Wilson, a third-round pick, and was a forgotten man during the Seahawks' playoff run. Because Wilson's salary is relatively low, keeping Flynn as a high-priced backup isn't an odious prospect for Seattle but the Hawks would surely listen to a trade offer and might consider swinging a deal for as little as a fourth-round pick.

If New York, or any other franchise, has a compelling desire to land Flynn, it would be somewhat of a surprise given the lack of interest he received on the open market last March.

"The thing about Matt Flynn, who no else wanted him last year?" said the same AFC personnel executive. "Philbin didn't want him; that told the whole story. Especially now, after Kolb and Cassel have failed. It confirms people's worst fears: that he's undersized, that the game's too big for him. Most teams viewed him as a really quality backup last year, and I doubt that's changed."

Then again, a lot can change in 12 months. Just ask Alex Smith and the team that gave up a pair of premium picks to acquire him.

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users