NYJetsFan.com Forums: Sanchez Begins Working With Garcia - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:09 PM) Atlanta would be a good landing spot for REx. He'll have Matt Ryan there so no need to develop a QB and he'll make the defense better
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:54 PM) He's not a good hc. He'll struggle anywhere.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Sanchez Begins Working With Garcia

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

@BrianCoz - In Jets news, QB Mark Sanchez began working out with Jeff Garcia today in Calif. learning Mornhinweg's offense. #NYJ

#2 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Sanchez needs to be done in New York. Every game I went to the crowd hated him more and more each time. If he's declared the starter next year the fans are going to go apeshit (not like that matters with personnel decisions)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 06 March 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

Sanchez needs to be done in New York. Every game I went to the crowd hated him more and more each time. If he's declared the starter next year the fans are going to go apeshit (not like that matters with personnel decisions)

in all fairness, fans are usually too emotional and rarely know whats best for the team.

AT this point he's the best QB we have (tebow sucks and please stop the mcelroy crap, he sucks too) and he's working hard at learning a new offense (his 3rd different one in 3 years) we finally have a proven good OC for the 1st time in over 10+ years. we'll draft a QB that can compete with mark in the future, but for this seaosn i doubt we'll finad anyone better tehn sanchez sadly
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

At this point in time, Sanchez will win a QB battle and be our QB.

I'll be fine with it.

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 06 March 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

in all fairness, fans are usually too emotional and rarely know whats best for the team.

:trink39:
I am not a big Sanchez supporter at this point but I do believe he is better than most of the FA that are availible. He had doo doo to work with last year and an OC that should be coaching high school ball and tried to carry this team which he can't do. He is not that kind of QB.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Sanchez sucks, but who is really out there to get at QB? David Garrard would be a solid start, he probably can't stay healthy though. Marty is the best OC we have had in a long time, hes good with QBs and understands them. I definitely think we see an improvement over last season at the position, can't get any worse than that really. Have to add some better skill players though.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

I wonder if jamarcus russel is also there

they probably go out afterwards for tacos and shots of tequila
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#8 User is offline   DamonWB Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Please if Sanchez goes on two game winning streak to open the season- all is forgiven.
I think we are the only fans that want to hate our players. He's done some good stuff while in a Jets uniform, we're stuck with him one more year.
I'm gonna pull for him to do well, because that means our team will do well. All this hate just clouds the real issue, Sparano sucked.
If Sanchez falls on his face again, he's dead to me.

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostDamonWB, on 07 March 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

Please if Sanchez goes on two game winning streak to open the season- all is forgiven.
I think we are the only fans that want to hate our players. He's done some good stuff while in a Jets uniform, we're stuck with him one more year.
I'm gonna pull for him to do well, because that means our team will do well. All this hate just clouds the real issue, Sparano sucked.
If Sanchez falls on his face again, he's dead to me.

Lol its sad but true. we have so many revis haters. you don't see lions fans hating calvin johnson ot cards fans hating larry fitzgerald. Jet fans like ot be pissed at eveyrone for nothing
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 06 March 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Sanchez sucks, but who is really out there to get at QB? David Garrard would be a solid start, he probably can't stay healthy though. Marty is the best OC we have had in a long time, hes good with QBs and understands them. I definitely think we see an improvement over last season at the position, can't get any worse than that really. Have to add some better skill players though.

I disagree that Garrard would be a solid start. The only FA that would make sense to me is Matt Moore. I agree 100% we need more talent and depth. Thats why I am not on the sign a FA QB wagon. We need that money for other positions. Hopefully Hill can catch on quickly this year and stay healthy.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 07 March 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

I disagree that Garrard would be a solid start. The only FA that would make sense to me is Matt Moore. I agree 100% we need more talent and depth. Thats why I am not on the sign a FA QB wagon. We need that money for other positions. Hopefully Hill can catch on quickly this year and stay healthy.

idk why people love Matt Moore so much, he was sstruggling in Miami with the WCO. Garrard was outplaying him until he got injured. Moore is also a fumble machine.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 07 March 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

idk why people love Matt Moore so much, he was sstruggling in Miami with the WCO. Garrard was outplaying him until he got injured. Moore is also a fumble machine.

Thats your opinion. From the games in preseason I watched Moore looked like an average guy just like Garrard. In the WCO he started 2 games and did not fumble once. Completed 58% with no picks while Tannehill threw 13 picks and fumbled 9 times. He fumbled in Sparonos BS system behind a horrid O-line trying to throw down field while getting blasted by D-lineman. Its hard to compare the two and they are probably pretty equal. Moore is younger and has some WCO experience. More of a traditional QB. I just think he is a better fit.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 07 March 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Thats your opinion. From the games in preseason I watched Moore looked like an average guy just like Garrard. In the WCO he started 2 games and did not fumble once. Completed 58% with no picks while Tannehill threw 13 picks and fumbled 9 times. He fumbled in Sparonos BS system behind a horrid O-line trying to throw down field while getting blasted by D-lineman. Its hard to compare the two and they are probably pretty equal. Moore is younger and has some WCO experience. More of a traditional QB. I just think he is a better fit.

He didn't start 2 games, he played in 1 game vs us last season. And the season he did start for the Dolphins he would have fumbled near 20 times if he started every game, hes one of the only QBs that have a fumble rate higher than Sanchez.

Moore struggled in preseason, he completed 39% of his passes, 0 TD 2 INT, and had a 37 QB rating
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 07 March 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

He didn't start 2 games, he played in 1 game vs us last season. And the season he did start for the Dolphins he would have fumbled near 20 times if he started every game, hes one of the only QBs that have a fumble rate higher than Sanchez.

Moore struggled in preseason, he completed 39% of his passes, 0 TD 2 INT, and had a 37 QB rating

I got that from his stat page on nfl.com. Either way Garrard Is not any better. I just don't want to get into a 20 page conversation about two scrub QBs. How did he get injured?
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 07 March 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

Doesn't matter anymore he is staying with the phinz
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

Sanchez's whole deal is that he did well his first two years and played virtually lights out for most in the postseason those years. His third year, the WR's he depended on were gone & we had issues the the O-line so he was playing scared. This past year....the line improved but Sanchez didn't and he still didn't have any receivers to throw to. Add to that the fact that he's been playing scared the past 2 seasons and that he doesn't even have confidence in himself.

IF the new OC can get him some self confidence back & we can keep B.E. along with Holmes and pray that Hill matures and can actually learn to catch, Sanchez may stand a chance. If he continues to play scared and without self confidence, we may as well bring Pennington back because that's about as successful as we'll be.

McElroy never really got a real shot as a starter so we still don't know what the kid can do. I know that the entire team had a fire lit under them when he was under Center though and played with some passion again. The real question is if he didn't show enough in camp or was he simply not given the opportunity?

I really don't see anyone in FA that can truly come in and compete that will make that much of a difference if we don't get some WR's and maybe someone like when we had Richie Anderson in the backfield that could run & catch.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users