NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Free Agency Preview - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) well smoke a bowl then
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) I'm cool as a cucumber
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets Free Agency Preview CBS

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

http://www.cbssports...cy-preview-jets

Team-by-team free agency previews
CBSSports.com
Thursday March 07, 2013 - 4:30 PM

16 | Comments
Free-agency preview: Jets Teams

Will Darrelle Revis be back in a Jets uniform next season? (USATSI)

Team overview: There will be an air of change for the Jets in 2013 -- whether for better or worse remains to be seen. New York replaced its general manager and both coordinators after a 6-10 season that included three straight losses to close out the season and a feeling of disarray surrounding the franchise. Marty Mornhinweg will attempt to change the offense from its ground-and-pound philosophy to a more open, passer-friendly attack. Dennis Thurman -- the new defensive coordinator -- spent last season as the team's secondary coach. He'll be tasked with shoring up a front that was near the bottom of the league in rushing yards allowed. And GM John Idzik is on the hunt for players to fill out the roster -- and he's apparently shopping some of the Jets' best players, as well.

[Related: CBSSports.com's Top 100 free agents]
What the depth chart tells you: The Jets need skill players in the worst way. As much as the offense became a laughing-stock, the O-line was actually one of the best in the NFL according to ProFootballFocus.com. The problem was the ineffectiveness of quarterback Mark Sanchez, running back Shonn Greene and a host of middling wide receivers. Greene and tight end Dustin Keller will become unrestricted free agents March 12, so deciding what to do with them will be one of Idzik's first major decisions.

In terms of additions, the Jets absolutely must acquire more skill, althouth there's not a ton of talent on the open market available. New York did claim wide receiver Braylon Edwards late last season (though he will be an unrestricted free agent, as well) and, should the front office let Greene go, the door could open for running backs Bilal Powell and perhaps the speedy Joe McKnight.

Ideal free agency and draft strategy: So, yes, the Jets need skill players. Beyond that, Idzik and the front office have been active in trying to find some quarterback competition for Sanchez. Tim Tebow will be released, it appears, and that leaves Greg McElroy and Matt Simms to challenge Sanchez. Brady Quinn and David Garrard are names that have been bandied about to add some depth at quarterback, but don't be surprised if New York takes a QB in the draft, though their first-round pick will likely be used on a big name defensive end or outside linebacker to shore up the run defense.

Beyond that, the Jets will likely focus on what to do with cornerback Darrelle Revis and safety LaRon Landry, with Landry set to become an unrestricted free agent. Still, priority No. 1 must be bringing in some help on offense to surround Sanchez, whether that means re-signing Edwards or taking a flyer on a free agent like Danny Amendola -- or both.

What will happen: The Jets have plenty of need -- but not plenty of money. Their projected cap figure leaves them just $8 million under, so there isn't much wiggle room. They will free some space by releasing Tebow and perhaps bring in a big name by trading Revis -- as difficult as that may be -- but will it be enough to make a difference? Chances are they'll add a few names on offense to complement Sanchez, but it appears that Greene and Keller -- though the tight end has said he wants to stick around -- will be in different uniforms next year.

In sum, it could be a new-look team, but the same result.

-- By Evan Hilbert

Posted ImagePosted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users