NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Have A Deal On The Table For Revis - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (25 March 2015 - 09:58 PM) FIRE FIREMAN ED
JSOTF Icon : (26 March 2015 - 03:58 AM) Well, I now live accros the pond and maybe some of us could meet up there?
JSOTF Icon : (26 March 2015 - 03:59 AM) Smeds, where did you get your tickets?
ROBJETS Icon : (26 March 2015 - 05:56 AM) Az bitches!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (26 March 2015 - 06:01 AM) I dont know about all that. As bad as we get over sports the Brits get far worse. You might suffer a huge beat down if you say the wrong thing there. Well maybe not being its televised to the U.S.. Security probably be pretty tight.
ROBJETS Icon : (26 March 2015 - 06:03 AM) Well...... the good thing is I know who to mooch off of now if I go to London.
JSOTF Icon : (26 March 2015 - 06:47 AM) hahahaha, it isnt European Football!
ROBJETS Icon : (26 March 2015 - 07:04 AM) Ive seen a lot of videos. Most countries go psycho over their soccer teams. Ive seen some serious very bloody beat downs. Fans stabbing the players and refs,etc. And they say we are bad in the U.S. not even close to that.
ROBJETS Icon : (26 March 2015 - 07:06 AM) I think one was in Africa....a fan stormed the field and was knifing everyone in sight after his team lost
ROBJETS Icon : (26 March 2015 - 07:08 AM) Hell even in mma when the Brits come over they are all cocky as hell. Big time cocky like they are going to easily destroy everyone they face cocky.
JSOTF Icon : (26 March 2015 - 07:36 AM) hahahaha
JSOTF Icon : (26 March 2015 - 07:36 AM) damn Europeans!
JSOTF Icon : (26 March 2015 - 07:37 AM) They havent fucked with a disgruntled, lifelong Jets fan!!!
Smedsthejet Icon : (26 March 2015 - 02:49 PM) Got my tickets from Ticketmaster the day they went on general sale
ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 02:33 AM) You guys get Bellator in London? http://www.bellator.com/schedule its on Spike tv free regular cable channel. in the U.S. and the prelims are free on http://www.spike.com/
ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 02:37 AM) London is 4 hours ahead of east coast U.S. Bellator prelims are 7pm Friday night U.S. East Coast time and the main card is 9pm So just add 4 hours to that if you can catch either. Im sure you can catch a stream or use a U.S. VPN if you dont have access to Spike.com. You guys might get Bellator on another channel their just like with the UFC.
ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 02:47 AM) Anyway only reason I mentioned it was because of your sense of humor. The last Bellator 134 was called the British Invasion. If you watch mma Might want to add this site to your favorites http://www.mmauk.net...y/bellatornews/
ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 02:55 AM) There was one of those hour long shows about the upcoming event featuring the fighters the prior week to Bellator 134 and all 4 of the Brits were cocky as hell. Yelling "The British are coming!!!!"
ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 02:57 AM) By the way 135 is tonight if you are interested. I used to watch pretty much all the televised mma now I stick with Bellator and UFC only
ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 03:07 AM) that last link is a UK mma site. Only reason i added it. http://www.sherdog.com/ is pretty much the best mma site on the net for everything mma
JSOTF Icon : (27 March 2015 - 07:08 AM) I actually live in Germany
azjetfan Icon : (27 March 2015 - 09:08 PM) Just got done sitting in traffic for 3 hours in Louisville KY.
azjetfan Icon : (27 March 2015 - 09:09 PM) Unbelievably poor planning by the DOT.
santana Icon : (28 March 2015 - 05:48 PM) Favre on my TV selling shaving razors so I bought a years supply
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:12 PM) Soooo has anyone had any experience with the new Sling Tv?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:13 PM) $20 a month gets you ESPN and 15 other channels.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:18 PM) All streamed.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:57 PM) negative
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:58 PM) I'm a fan of the apple tv though. I just use a clients fios tv account to access the different services like watch espn
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:59 PM) i also have hbo go netflix amazon prime. with hd antennas i get the local channels as well.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:00 PM) I tried the watch ESPN ap but since I cancelled my DTV it said I needed a provider.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:10 PM) yep need an account
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) nbc sports app also works really well I airplay that to the appletv
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:01 PM) Alright signed up for the sling TV bit.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:01 PM) Pretty cool so far.
santana Icon : (Today, 12:56 AM) mock drafts have mariota going to the jets and the rest seem to have no clue
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 09:25 AM) I think he will be gone before that
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 09:25 AM) Either someone will trade up or he will be taken by Titans or Redskins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 12:58 PM) JEts are going to remain at florham park for training camp
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 12:58 PM) no cortland or hofstra
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 06:12 PM) Unless you guys are looking for internet tv alternatives to cable or satellite tv You are better off just buying a slingbox http://www.slingbox.com/
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 06:15 PM) I like Directv better but ine thing Dishnetwork has is an integrated slinbox into the Genie so it is far better receiver than Directv`s
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 06:18 PM) With a slingbox you can just login to Slingbox and you can watch every single channel you have at home with the same guide and remote. A Slingbox basically makes it as if you have a receiver anywhere in the world you have internet access. So you get every single channel that you get at home with all the functions. setting recordings, watch recorded shows,etc.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 06:27 PM) Its not the same thing as Directv ans cable companies giving you access to certain channels by logging in our going to websites by logging in. You literally get every single channel from home anywhere as long as you have wifi or wired net. My cousin has a Slingbox hooked to his Directv receiver. Actually I mean hopper.....duhhhh Directv has the Genie. The Hopper has the integrated Slingbox...and thats hats the one cool thing about the Hopper not having to shell out the extra cash for a seaparate slingbox since its integrated with the Hopper
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 06:28 PM) Slingboxes are nice just not cheap
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Jets Have A Deal On The Table For Revis Mike Florio... no details...

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

A day ago, the chances of Percy Harvin and Anquan Boldin being traded before Darrelle Revis would have been regarded as slim, at best.

But Harvin and Boldin are both changing teams, while Revis remains a Jet.

So how much longer will he be one? Possibly, not much.

A league source tells PFT that the Jets have an offer on the table for Revis. Per the source, the offer is a “good” one, both as to the compensation given to the team and the financial package that would be extended to Revis.

Another source tells PFT that, if such an offer has been made, the financial component has yet to be shared with the Revis camp. To date, the Jets and Revis have had no talks, and the Jets have not given Revis’s agents permission to talk to other teams regarding a new contract.

On Monday, owner Woody Johnson declined to discuss the situation during a press conference regarding the joint NFL-GE concussion initiative that he would answer questions about Revis “next week,” presumably at the league meetings in Arizona.

It’s believed that, during the annual March get-together, the Jets will make a strong push to work out a deal, possibly with Johnson directly negotiating terms with other owners.

Still, someone eventually needs to negotiate terms of future compensation with Revis, or whoever acquires the player will have a one-season situation.
0

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,925
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

A league source = an agent

i learned this the other day
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#3 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,157
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

I hope they end up drafting game changing elite players with every single pick that they get so you all can bitch, complain, and want them traded away 6 years from now
Posted Image
1

#4 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 195
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 11 March 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

A day ago, the chances of Percy Harvin and Anquan Boldin being traded before Darrelle Revis would have been regarded as slim, at best.

But Harvin and Boldin are both changing teams, while Revis remains a Jet.

So how much longer will he be one? Possibly, not much.

A league source tells PFT that the Jets have an offer on the table for Revis. Per the source, the offer is a “good” one, both as to the compensation given to the team and the financial package that would be extended to Revis.

Another source tells PFT that, if such an offer has been made, the financial component has yet to be shared with the Revis camp. To date, the Jets and Revis have had no talks, and the Jets have not given Revis’s agents permission to talk to other teams regarding a new contract.

On Monday, owner Woody Johnson declined to discuss the situation during a press conference regarding the joint NFL-GE concussion initiative that he would answer questions about Revis “next week,” presumably at the league meetings in Arizona.

It’s believed that, during the annual March get-together, the Jets will make a strong push to work out a deal, possibly with Johnson directly negotiating terms with other owners.

Still, someone eventually needs to negotiate terms of future compensation with Revis, or whoever acquires the player will have a one-season situation.

If it is anything less than a first and third it will be another chapter is our sad history and Johnson will officially become a member of the Jerry Jones meddling owner club. Even at that, if they are late round picks, we will be fleeced. Time to wait and see - if it is even true. I would welcome a trade but with a team like Detroit, Oakland or even Tampa Bay who needs a CB and has the high choice.
0

#5 User is offline   Canuck Jet Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 205
  • Joined: 21-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

I have a bad feeling this will go down as one of the Jets many humiliatingly public blunders that will haunt the franchise for years to come. Prove me wrong Jets.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

-Matt Groening
0

#6 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,154
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostCanuck Jet, on 12 March 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

I have a bad feeling this will go down as one of the Jets many humiliatingly public blunders that will haunt the franchise for years to come. Prove me wrong Jets.


It's too hard for this trade to work well if it involves unproven rookies (aka picks). Three ways this works well for the Jets - Revis doesn't return to form, they are getting back a proven player, or they draft well/make good moves with the picks they receive. It's a gamble that I hope really pays off it the end because resigning Revis isn't an impossibility but the just a move the Jets don't want to do.
1

#7 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,157
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

I'm curious to know what Idzik's plan is to get the Jets back under the cap and make an effort to sign people (in addition to pooling money available for rookie signings) when they'll be ~$4M over if a potential deal is completed
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,644
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 12 March 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

I'm curious to know what Idzik's plan is to get the Jets back under the cap and make an effort to sign people (in addition to pooling money available for rookie signings) when they'll be ~$4M over if a potential deal is completed


Next year will be a throw away year...he has all the excuses when this team has a top 3 pick next year. Stuck with sanchez, stuck with rex, terrible contracts, bad cap situations. Make the trade, restructure some contracts, field a crappy team and prepare for the future....and be in position to grab a franchise QB. create the cap room to make some splashes in the 14' and 15' seasons and beyond. The 2013 season is going to be a miserable one but it will be an important one in terms of getting this team built correctly. Thanks tannenbaum.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#9 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 195
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostCanuck Jet, on 12 March 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

I have a bad feeling this will go down as one of the Jets many humiliatingly public blunders that will haunt the franchise for years to come. Prove me wrong Jets.

I am beginning to believe the Jets will trade Revis for a second round pick plus maybe a third or a fourth. And they might even get a bump with another pick in 2014 if Revis plays enough in 2013.

If this happens I would be as disgusted with this team as ever before. In fact, I would rather they kept him and waited to see if someone bites and if necessary keep him for the year than to trade him for less than a first and third.
0

#10 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,157
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

View Postextmenace, on 12 March 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Next year will be a throw away year...he has all the excuses when this team has a top 3 pick next year. Stuck with sanchez, stuck with rex, terrible contracts, bad cap situations. Make the trade, restructure some contracts, field a crappy team and prepare for the future....and be in position to grab a franchise QB. create the cap room to make some splashes in the 14' and 15' seasons and beyond. The 2013 season is going to be a miserable one but it will be an important one in terms of getting this team built correctly. Thanks tannenbaum.


I understand all that but as a season ticket holder it's asinine my family has to pay $2700 for a "throwaway year." I'm not delusional, I know the team is likely going to be awful next season, but can you at least pretend like you're trying to remain competitive?
Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

  • THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,710
  • Joined: 08-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida.used to live in NY.
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Free agency is ready to start. It sure sounds like Darrelle Revis' representatives and the New York Jets are worried about getting left out in the cold without a trade partner.

A trio of reports have surfaced that suggest the New York Jets and Revis' agents are frantically trying to create a market for the cornerback through the media. Yahoo! Sports reported Sunday night that the Jets' "lack of cooperation" with Revis' agents have hurt a potential deal.

ProFootballTalk.com reported Monday that the Jets have a "good" offer on the table for Revis, but another source tells PFT the financial part of the deal hasn't been shared with his agents (more "lack of cooperation"). The Jets haven't given permission for Revis' agents to talk to teams. Does that sound like a team ready to make a trade? How could a deal be considered good if the agents don't even know Revis' potential contract numbers?

Meanwhile, the New York Daily News emphatically reported Tuesday that the Jets are "poised to trade" Revis, saying the two sides are "headed for a divorce." One source told the newspaper that new general manager John Idzik would be an "idiot" if a deal is not completed by the end of Wednesday.

"Woody Johnson is never paying him," a source told the Daily News.

That seems clear enough. That doesn't mean another team is ready to pay Revis too. All of the stories include conflicting information and sound unsure about the footing of their reports. The same Daily News report that says the Jets are "headed for a divorce" ends with the following question:

"Will the Jets pull the trigger?"

The answer: No one knows. And it's probably scaring the heck out of Revis' representatives, with so many NFL teams planning to spend money on cornerbacks not named Darrelle Revis.
0

#12 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

  • THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,710
  • Joined: 08-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida.used to live in NY.
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

I got that f***ing sinking feeling when i woke up that the jets are going to move Revis and get nothing in return for him like some mid round picks :banghead:/>

man it sucks being a Jets fan......love my team tho
0

#13 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,644
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 12 March 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

I hope they end up drafting game changing elite players with every single pick that they get so you all can bitch, complain, and want them traded away 6 years from now


If they demand new money every 1.5 years and act like they're the best thing since sliced bread, then I hope they trade them away too. NOBODY is above the team. It's about damn time this team started sending that message. We went from being a team of workhorses to Revis, Holmes and the rest according to them. Holmes couldn't hold Wayne Chrebet's jock strap.

Quote

I'm curious to know what Idzik's plan is to get the Jets back under the cap and make an effort to sign people (in addition to pooling money available for rookie signings) when they'll be ~$4M over if a potential deal is completed.


We won't be considering the other overrated diva Santonio Holmes restructured his contract. We just don't know by how much yet. Hopefully the full 5 by paying him only his guaranteed 7.5. Also, we were just over 6 under the end of last week. That would have put us 5.xx over if we ate the full 12 on Mevis. Not to mention it's being reported that there are financial implications with the Revis deal on the table. But either way.....it's better to take a 12 million hit & get multiple picks for him including a 1st rounder then pay 18 million and get MAYBE a 3rd rounder comp pick in 2014.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#14 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,644
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Sleeper team could be the eagles now that nnamdi is out. I'm ready to see this trade happen! I feel it...the jets are gonna land two firsts. I've said it before...a CB shouldn't be the highest paid defensive player. Let some other team screw up their cap situation paying revis 15+ mill a year.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#15 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,157
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 12 March 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

If they demand new money every 1.5 years and act like they're the best thing since sliced bread, then I hope they trade them away too. NOBODY is above the team. It's about damn time this team started sending that message. We went from being a team of workhorses to Revis, Holmes and the rest according to them. Holmes couldn't hold Wayne Chrebet's jock strap.



We won't be considering the other overrated diva Santonio Holmes restructured his contract. We just don't know by how much yet. Hopefully the full 5 by paying him only his guaranteed 7.5. Also, we were just over 6 under the end of last week. That would have put us 5.xx over if we ate the full 12 on Mevis. Not to mention it's being reported that there are financial implications with the Revis deal on the table. But either way.....it's better to take a 12 million hit & get multiple picks for him including a 1st rounder then pay 18 million and get MAYBE a 3rd rounder comp pick in 2014.



if it meant getting Revis off the Jets, you wouldn't give a shit if they took a $50 million hit so long as they got rid of him
Posted Image
0

#16 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,314
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 12 March 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

If they demand new money every 1.5 years and act like they're the best thing since sliced bread, then I hope they trade them away too. NOBODY is above the team. It's about damn time this team started sending that message. We went from being a team of workhorses to Revis, Holmes and the rest according to them. Holmes couldn't hold Wayne Chrebet's jock strap.


Yeah I remember those workhorses we had before Revis and Holmes. Guys like Andre Dyson, David Barrett, Hank Poteat, and Justin McCareins. Oh yes please, let's go get some workhorses like them to put on this team. They may have been bad players but that doesn't matter because they worked hard and they played for cheap.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#17 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,157
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 March 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Yeah I remember those workhorses we had before Revis and Holmes. Guys like Andre Dyson, David Barrett, Hank Poteat, and Justin McCareins. Oh yes please, let's go get some workhorses like them to put on this team. They may have been bad players but that doesn't matter because they worked hard and they played for cheap.


You misspelled Barrnet
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 195
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

View Postextmenace, on 12 March 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

Sleeper team could be the eagles now that nnamdi is out. I'm ready to see this trade happen! I feel it...the jets are gonna land two firsts. I've said it before...a CB shouldn't be the highest paid defensive player. Let some other team screw up their cap situation paying revis 15+ mill a year.

If they could land 2 firsts it would be a good deal. Even a first and third would make it acceptable. But anything less than that is a sin.

Maybe we should think about offering him 6 years $84 million with $24 million guaranteed. If he stays as a monster he collects his $14 million a year. If he doesn't we can cut him eventually and take a dead cap hit of $4 million a year. It's expensive but think about the fact that David Harris gets $13 million a year and he is average at best. Revis is the best defensive player in football.

So I say if we can get high draft picks that allow us to reach for a QB in the second or third round while drafting an edge rusher, CB and O-lineman while paying rookie wages, it's worth it. Otherwise, keep him and work out a deal.
0

#19 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

View Postchocomag, on 13 March 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

If they could land 2 firsts it would be a good deal. Even a first and third would make it acceptable. But anything less than that is a sin.

Maybe we should think about offering him 6 years $84 million with $24 million guaranteed. If he stays as a monster he collects his $14 million a year. If he doesn't we can cut him eventually and take a dead cap hit of $4 million a year. It's expensive but think about the fact that David Harris gets $13 million a year and he is average at best. Revis is the best defensive player in football.

So I say if we can get high draft picks that allow us to reach for a QB in the second or third round while drafting an edge rusher, CB and O-lineman while paying rookie wages, it's worth it. Otherwise, keep him and work out a deal.


Reaching for a QB in the second round is not a good way to use the picks you gained by trading away the best defensive player in football............
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,117
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Here is a thought process more so than a reasonable logic

What if the plan is to resign Revis but we are doing all this dog and pony show for the reason that Revis can gauge the leagues interest in him. I know the reports have said Revis and his agents have not been allowed to speak to other teams but I doubt that is 100 percent accurate. This would allow Revis to see what he can get elsewhere through this process and allow us to see if we can match it.

Just a thought. The fact that the Jets nor camp Revis has said much makes me wonder what is really happening
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users