NYJetsFan.com Forums: Greene To Titans - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets beat the fish in their own house. Possible 6th pick in the draft.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:50 PM) they will either win like crazy and make it to the afc champ game or they will just get bounced immediately
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:50 PM) MILBER
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:50 PM) TEH MILBER
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:50 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:50 PM) I would of rather seen the chiefs or houston with keenum at qb lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:50 PM) but 1977 will always go down as the year I WAS BORN!!!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:53 PM) 1977 also when atari was released
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 08:53 PM) Living in DC I figured youd like the Ravens some. I dont mind them. Cant stand the Steelers though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 PM) They are bad this year
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 PM) ugly games specially the last couple of weeks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 PM) also we dont need 3 teams from the afc north
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) One wild card games next weekend will be AFC South divisional so anything could happen
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) meant North
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) I would rather see some fresh faces in the playoffs
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) Yeah. Last year it was three from the AFC West
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:58 PM) bengals i don't mind. steelers and ravens bleh
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 08:58 PM) I hear you. thats why the Cardinals injuries pisses me off
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:00 PM) I wanted to see them have another chance win a Superbowl after they had the last one stolen from them by the Steelers
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:02 PM) Kurt Warner 5 years removed with one week of practice would probably play better than the third string qb they have starting now
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:02 PM) Well Im off here
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:10 PM) I live in Arizona so im a cardinals fan as well. Sucks about the QB problem with them. It was such a promising year too. Now they have no chance
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:27 PM) they have a chance they play the panthers in carolina
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:28 PM) they could take that game
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) Mike Wallace is like Santonio Holmes
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:13 PM) santonio holmes is like mike wallace
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 PM) agreed
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:19 PM) @MMehtaNYDN 28s28 seconds ago
Woody Johnson will meet with Rex Ryan tomorrow morning when it's expected the owner will tell his head coach that he's making a change #nyj
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:19 PM) I wonder if antonio bryant will follow in their footsteps
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:20 PM) Antonio Brown.......the pick we traded to the steelers for holmes
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:22 PM) right brown*
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:24 PM) SQUISH THE FISH!!!!
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:50 PM) @mortreport Jets owner Woody Johnson will move swiftly Monday to fire both John Idzik and Rex Ryan, per sources. Johnson won't keep Ryan hanging on fate
JSOTF Icon : (Today, 08:09 AM) Any news on Sexy Rexy?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) Good, don't leave Rex hanging. Clean house
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:27 AM) @JayGlazer 8s8 seconds ago
Rex Ryan was just informed that he has been fired. Black Monday has begun
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:31 AM) Jets announce that Idzik is fired as well. Cleanhoused
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:31 AM) @nyjets 2m2 minutes ago
This morning Woody Johnson informed John Idzik and Rex Ryan that they will not be returning to the team in 2015.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:33 AM) Good, don't waste any time. Now get moving to hire the next GM, hopefully hes good.
JSOTF Icon : (Today, 08:35 AM) WOW
JSOTF Icon : (Today, 08:37 AM) Where do they go now? Meaning Woody...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:42 AM) Start by hiring a GM with a personnel experience.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:42 AM) Not another accountant.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:43 AM) I want them to hire Scot McCloughah, one of the best talent evaluators in the game
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:44 AM) @RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago
Last time, #Jets owner Woody Johnson felt he got duped into thinking Idzik had football knowledge. With Casserly & Wolf, won’t happen now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:44 AM) LMAO @ Woody
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Greene To Titans

#1 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Greene To Titans

Titans sign Shonn Greene

Updated: March 13, 2013, 4:21 PM ET
By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

The New York Jets suffered another free-agent loss, as leading rusher Shonn Greene finalized a three-year, $10 million contract Wednesday with the Tennessee Titans.

The Jets didn't see Greene as a fit in their new West Coast system and didn't make a strong push to re-sign him. The Titans targeted him because of his bruising running style, which they believe will be an ideal complement to Chris Johnson.

The Titans, making an effort to bolster their offense, previously signed guard Andy Levitre and tight end Delanie Walker as free agents.

Greene rushed for 1,054 and 1,063 yards the last two seasons, but he never developed into a legitimate No. 1 back. Even though he led the team with eight touchdowns in 2012 -- impressive on a team that finished 28th in scoring offense -- he wasn't a breakaway threat.

His departure leaves the Jets with no accomplished running backs, a dramatic drop off. Unless they import a proven veteran, this will mark the first time since 1994 they don't have a 1,000-yard rusher on the roster.

Starting in 1998, the Jets enjoyed premier backs, going from Hall of Famer Curtis Martin to Thomas Jones to future Hall of Famer LaDainian Tomlinson.

Now they're left with Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight, who have a combined total of 960 yards. They almost certainly will draft a back and they're interested in free agent Mike Goodson, most recently a backup with the Oakland Raiders.

"We do have a couple of fellas on our roster right now that have displayed some dynamic ability and the ability to catch the football," new offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said this week, alluding to Powell, McKnight and former undraftred free agent John Griffin.

Greene made a huge splash as rookie in 2009, emerging as a late-season force on a team that reached the first of two AFC Championship Games. He ran for 263 yards in his first two postseason games, the most by a rookie since 1970.

He shared the running duties with Tomlinson in 2010 and 2011, emerging as the No. 1 last season.

Greene, a former third-round pick, has 3,423 yards, a 4.2 average and 18 touchdowns in his career.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#2 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Cimini is making it sound like a big deal that scrubs are leaving. I'm glad Greene is gone, he doesn't fit in the WCO and he wasn't a good #1 RB.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

he was an average RB. no loss. we have powell and mcknight. were fine at RB
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 13 March 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

he was an average RB. no loss. we have powell and mcknight. were fine at RB

We just brought in Mike Goodson from the Raiders for a look yesterday along with a WR. Brandon Gibson from the Rams.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 13 March 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

We just brought in Mike Goodson from the Raiders for a look yesterday along with a WR. Brandon Gibson from the Rams.

goodson would be a nice additon to our RB group. gibson doens't make me feel good. I'm hoping holmes stays healthy and hill makes a big jump form last year. kerly has proven he is a viable starer in the NFL but i don't think he's number 1 material and he's a low end number 2. he would make a great number 3 though, we have no depth. think we bring back edwards for 1 year on the cheap?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 13 March 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

goodson would be a nice additon to our RB group. gibson doens't make me feel good. I'm hoping holmes stays healthy and hill makes a big jump form last year. kerly has proven he is a viable starer in the NFL but i don't think he's number 1 material and he's a low end number 2. he would make a great number 3 though, we have no depth. think we bring back edwards for 1 year on the cheap?

I definitely believe Edwards will be back. He already knows that nobody else will sign him & he had his best years in a Jets uniform. The Jets already have spoken with his agents making it known they're interested in bringing him back but just haven't talked proverbial turkey yet as they want to see what's out there. IF Hill can stop acting like Justin McDroppins, then he can be a weapon. Kerly has shown flashes but obviously is no starter YET. I think we'll be okay at WR once Edwards is secured again.

Goodson can bring something to the table considering he can actually catch as well as run. Bring back that old Richie Anderson style. The team needs it honestly. Hell.....he had 40 receptions for Carolina in 2010.

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

How does Edwards fit into the WCO? From what I remember he was not the best route runner and the WCO is all about timing and rout running.....
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 13 March 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

I definitely believe Edwards will be back. He already knows that nobody else will sign him & he had his best years in a Jets uniform. The Jets already have spoken with his agents making it known they're interested in bringing him back but just haven't talked proverbial turkey yet as they want to see what's out there. IF Hill can stop acting like Justin McDroppins, then he can be a weapon. Kerly has shown flashes but obviously is no starter YET. I think we'll be okay at WR once Edwards is secured again.

Goodson can bring something to the table considering he can actually catch as well as run. Bring back that old Richie Anderson style. The team needs it honestly. Hell.....he had 40 receptions for Carolina in 2010.

hill was getting open, sanchez couldn't find him or didn't have time to and when he did hill was having bad cases of dropsies.

Still i think he can be big for us in this offense. look at what d-jax did under marty
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 13 March 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

hill was getting open, sanchez couldn't find him or didn't have time to and when he did hill was having bad cases of dropsies.

Still i think he can be big for us in this offense. look at what d-jax did under marty

Completely agree. Hill was a rookie so he gets a pass for last year. This year he needs to step it up & not drop balls when he's wide open. He can be a valuable target.

As for Edwards fitting into the WCO.......considering our salary cap issues and the fact that he & Sanchesz have a good QB/WR relationship, couple that with Edwards willingness to play on the cheap for us (knowing he wont be signed elsewhere) and that he is productive for us, it seems credible that he'll return. I don't think he'll go for the whole release & bring him back for the final few games should someone else get injured again.

Considering Hill was only targeted 47 times and made a reception on only 21 of those attemps in 11 games and Edwards had 10 receptions out of 18 targets in 3 games, Edwards has to be a favorite to come back.

#10 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Meh...whatever let him go
Posted ImagePosted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic