NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jonathan Franklin - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Quote

"We're not a bad football team; we just do stupid stuff," said Eric Decker
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) i need to install handrails with all you peeps hopping aboard the fire izdik train, not joking anymore huh?
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 11:58 AM) I've been sayin fire idzik since thanksgiving 2010
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 01:11 PM) When you started hating Idzik it was before you could rationally hate him, there was no reason. Chances are the next GM and coach we hire will suck as well, the Jets are just one of that organizations that can never get it right
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 02:46 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:24 PM) harlem did you start brady or rivers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:41 PM) I held out for Sunday and started Brady
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:42 PM) I have Gronk on my team in that league too so that worked out famously
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:44 PM) yeah that combo is OP
Jetsman05 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 04:52 PM) Harlem not in our league... doesn't matter
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 06:17 PM) you don't matter!
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 06:17 PM) and that wasn't a red card RIP SWANSEA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:20 PM) Manish is really annoying with his vendetta against Idzik though, you can tell it's personal because he doesn't have his scoops anymore.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:20 PM) Since Idzik has became GM, Manish has lost all of his sources.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 PM) its clear that this bothers Manish deeply and hes throwing little tantrums about it
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:57 PM) Manish should not have a job. He and Idzik should be fired
SecondHandJets Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:16 PM) Hey bitches
SecondHandJets Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:16 PM) How's everyone enjoying your New York Jets?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:28 PM) Jose Canseco just pulled a Plaxico Burress.
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:01 PM) Shot himself in the leg?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Shot his middle finger
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM) Suck for the Duck
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Milber didnt die for this
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Jonathan Franklin UCLA

#1 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: 03-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toledo, OH

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Rotoworld

Quote

Draft insider Tony Pauline warns to "mark down" UCLA RB Johnathan Franklin as a second-round target by the Jets.
The team is "very high on the RB and a terrific fit for Mornhinweg's offense," Pauline tweeted. Along with the Jets, Pauline listed the Cincinnati Bengals, Miami Dolphins, St. Louis Rams and San Diego Chargers as possible destinations.

"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB
0

#2 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,003
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Touched the ball a TON in his college career. I like him though.
0

#3 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

One of my man crushes...I'd pee myself if they drafted him. He probably isn't a long term answer...given how much mileage he has on those legs already.
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Pass. We can find a RB on the scrap heap. I liked what Powell did and we can always switch McKnight from CB to RB. I heard he played a little RB in college.
0

#5 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 290
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 March 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

Pass. We can find a RB on the scrap heap. I liked what Powell did and we can always switch McKnight from CB to RB. I heard he played a little RB in college.


I realize the offensive coaching hasn't been the best, but I think McKnight would have gotten his shot by now if he was any good. People need to let go of this idea of him becoming a big piece of the offense.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 13 March 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

I realize the offensive coaching hasn't been the best, but I think McKnight would have gotten his shot by now if he was any good. People need to let go of this idea of him becoming a big piece of the offense.


No one is expecting him to be a big piece of anything. He's a 2nd or 3rd back on our roster.
0

#7 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 290
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 March 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

No one is expecting him to be a big piece of anything. He's a 2nd or 3rd back on our roster.


2nd running backs are a big part of NFL offenses nowadays.

McKnight is a kick returner.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 13 March 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

2nd running backs are a big part of NFL offenses nowadays.

McKnight is a kick returner.


Yea you're right. With holes on the D line, O line, 1 starting LBer, no safeties, possibly without Revis, probably without Keller... lets draft a backup RB with our 2nd round pick! GTFOH.
0

#9 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 290
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 March 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

Yea you're right. With holes on the D line, O line, 1 starting LBer, no safeties, possibly without Revis, probably without Keller... lets draft a backup RB with our 2nd round pick! GTFOH.


1. I don't think anyone is suggesting he would be the backup. Sounds like the team/Marty M likes him as a starter, from the report.
2. Show me where I said I wanted Franklin in the second round. All I said is McKnight sucks and shouldn't be considered as part of the RB solution.

Your act is stale.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

View Postsexyrexy, on 14 March 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

1. I don't think anyone is suggesting he would be the backup. Sounds like the team/Marty M likes him as a starter, from the report.
2. Show me where I said I wanted Franklin in the second round. All I said is McKnight sucks and shouldn't be considered as part of the RB solution.

Your act is stale.


I think that Powell is fine as a starter. That's why I mentioned McKnight. When I did, you said this gem:

View Postsexyrexy, on 14 March 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

2nd running backs are a big part of NFL offenses nowadays.


Which means that you think that we should go out and spend (either money or valuable draft picks) on a 2nd RB even though we have McKnight and holes at every position.

When I replied that we shouldn't draft this kid with the 2nd rounder, I was replying to the topic post which clearly says that the Jets are targeting him with the 2nd round pick. It doesn't matter what you think, I'm replying to the topic. Hop off and stop trolling.
0

#11 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Yeah it seems the rest of the NFL is catching up with me :beach:

When Franklin was pegged as a late 3rd/4th rounder I thought he was awesome value. However, as a 2nd rounder that might be a little too rich for the Jets.
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 290
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 March 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

I think that Powell is fine as a starter. That's why I mentioned McKnight. When I did, you said this gem:

Which means that you think that we should go out and spend (either money or valuable draft picks) on a 2nd RB even though we have McKnight and holes at every position.

When I replied that we shouldn't draft this kid with the 2nd rounder, I was replying to the topic post which clearly says that the Jets are targeting him with the 2nd round pick. It doesn't matter what you think, I'm replying to the topic. Hop off and stop trolling.


And when I replied to you, I was replying to your thought process that McKnight is a good 2nd RB. He sucks.

You're right, the Jets have holes at every position... including RB.

And yes, 2nd RBs are important in today's NFL. And if the Jets draft this kid in the 2nd round, then they have a solid 2nd RB in Powell. As it currently stands, Powell is not the answer at starting RB in a West Coast Offense, IMO.

I'm glad you have my thought process figured out better than I do, though. And I'm the troll.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 14 March 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

As it currently stands, Powell is not the answer at starting RB in a West Coast Offense, IMO.


Powell is a better RB than Ducasse is a G, than Ellis is at NT, than McIntyre and Ricky Sapp are at OLB, than Davis is at ILB and than the absolutely nothing we have at safety. But you're right tho. Lets draft another RB in the 2nd round so the squaky wheel can get the grease.
0

#14 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 290
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 March 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Powell is a better RB than Ducasse is a G, than Ellis is at NT, than McIntyre and Ricky Sapp are at OLB, than Davis is at ILB and than the absolutely nothing we have at safety. But you're right tho. Lets draft another RB in the 2nd round so the squaky wheel can get the grease.


Nowhere did I say they should draft a RB in the second round. I'm merely saying I understand where they're coming from, because Powell is not a starter and McKnight sucks. Stop putting words in my mouth.

If they don't sign someone in FA, they will be drafting a RB at some point in the draft, though. You can bank on that.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 14 March 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Nowhere did I say they should draft a RB in the second round. I'm merely saying I understand where they're coming from, because Powell is not a starter and McKnight sucks. Stop putting words in my mouth.

If they don't sign someone in FA, they will be drafting a RB at some point in the draft, though. You can bank on that.


We'll probably be looking at a lot of UDRFA and you can always find a decent RB in that group. We're not going to draft any RBs in the early rounds. Far too many holes to address.
0

#16 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 290
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 March 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

We'll probably be looking at a lot of UDRFA and you can always find a decent RB in that group. We're not going to draft any RBs in the early rounds. Far too many holes to address.


The new GM/OC combo may want a new starter, in which case it would be hard to bank on an UDRFA for that role. Not that it doesn't happen, it's just hard to rely on that.

I could be wrong and they could love Powell. I just don't see it, though.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#17 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 14 March 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

The new GM/OC combo may want a new starter, in which case it would be hard to bank on an UDRFA for that role. Not that it doesn't happen, it's just hard to rely on that.

I could be wrong and they could love Powell. I just don't see it, though.


I think that after the ground & pound/Wildcat/Sparano fiasco, Rex has been stripped of any voice as far as the offense goes. I wouldn't be surprised if Morningweh is basically the HC of the OC and Rex is the HC of the defense. Morningweh is making it pretty clear that he's looking for a RB that can catch, and that's not that hard to find. No we're not going to get a DeSean Jackson in the late rounds but you can find a ton of guys who have decent hands. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if the Jets had no plan whatsoever.
0

#18 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 March 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

I think that after the ground & pound/Wildcat/Sparano fiasco, Rex has been stripped of any voice as far as the offense goes. I wouldn't be surprised if Morningweh is basically the HC of the OC and Rex is the HC of the defense. Morningweh is making it pretty clear that he's looking for a RB that can catch, and that's not that hard to find. No we're not going to get a DeSean Jackson in the late rounds but you can find a ton of guys who have decent hands. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if the Jets had no plan whatsoever.


Right...ok...

A- Recieving RB's are not that plentiful

B- DeSean Jackson is a WR

C- It's fine to say OL, S, OLB, etc are bigger needs...but its better to draft a guy you think will be a quality player than reach for a need. Especially in the middle rounds.
Posted Image
0

#19 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 14 March 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Right...ok...

A- Recieving RB's are not that plentiful

B- DeSean Jackson is a WR

C- It's fine to say OL, S, OLB, etc are bigger needs...but its better to draft a guy you think will be a quality player than reach for a need. Especially in the middle rounds.


A. I think there's a good amount of them. I don't view "A RB who can catch" as a special skill. I think it's harder to find a TE who can block and is a good reciever than a RB who can be a good RB and a good pass catcher out of the backfield. No other reason than it's just my opinion.

B. Lesean and Desean... cut me a break. Here, watch this:



C. I think with the amount of holes on this roster, if we draft BPA every round, it will more likely than not fill a need as well.
0

#20 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 March 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

A. I think there's a good amount of them. I don't view "A RB who can catch" as a special skill. I think it's harder to find a TE who can block and is a good reciever than a RB who can be a good RB and a good pass catcher out of the backfield. No other reason than it's just my opinion.

B. Lesean and Desean... cut me a break. Here, watch this:



C. I think with the amount of holes on this roster, if we draft BPA every round, it will more likely than not fill a need as well.


Haha yeah I've seen that video...I call my dog smoochie wallace now.

I guess it depends on how you define a "RB who can catch." For Mornhinweg's system, I think you're talking about more than just a RB who can catch dumpoffs. I think you need a RB who can run routes and catch passes downfield, like a WR....and those RB's are rare. How many of those guys are there in the league?

Darren Sproles...Franke Gore...LeSean McCoy...Reggie Bush...Ray Rice?
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users