NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jonathan Franklin - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Lee lee lee lee lee lee lee Lee la la lee le lee leeeee
RetireChrebet Icon : (03 June 2016 - 03:37 AM) You know your fucked when the biggest offseason story is can we convince a journeyman QB whom singlehandedly threw us out of the playoffs last year to sign a deal worth way more than his actual value!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 09:59 AM) Ok jets brothers I need fantasy football help. Who should I keep in my keepers league. We have to decide by July
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:00 AM) Should I keep Cam Gurley or Bell?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:01 AM) Cam had a monster year last year and in our league it's 6 points per PassTd and cam is getting his best WR back.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:01 AM) Gurley was a monster last year as a rookie
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:03 AM) Bell missed most of the year with a injury but it's also a PPR league. In only 6 games last year he =100 points
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:04 AM) Cam also had 45 total TDs last year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:50 AM) I'd keep bell
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:50 AM) there are maybe like 5 #1 fantasy RBs at best and you need to start at least 2
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:50 AM) QBs are easier to find. I had cam in 2 leagues and drafted him way late. RBs are impossible to find late
MikeGangGree... Icon : (04 June 2016 - 07:53 PM) FIRE FITZPATRICK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (04 June 2016 - 07:53 PM) That Damn dirty street thug
MikeGangGree... Icon : (05 June 2016 - 09:43 PM) In other news the NBA finals is like A NFL team Playing a college football team.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (06 June 2016 - 11:23 AM) line is in. jets are favorites for 5 games, pick for 2, and underdog for 9
MikeGangGree... Icon : (08 June 2016 - 04:56 PM) We play better as a underdog
santana Icon : (12 June 2016 - 03:54 PM) JETS JETS JETS
santana Icon : (13 June 2016 - 09:28 AM) Update on the #Jets situation with Ryan Fitzpatrick: Nothing. … Just nothing. Doesn't seem like things will change heading into minicamp.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 June 2016 - 10:39 AM) yeah every day i check for an update and every day, nothing
vjdbbq Icon : (14 June 2016 - 05:43 AM) Where's Rob and his ass ?
Mario Icon : (20 June 2016 - 06:21 PM) Any Jets fan in the Kansas city, Missouri area, that will be going to the game on the 25th of September?
vjdbbq Icon : (22 June 2016 - 07:29 AM) No Mario ; you will be there alone .
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 June 2016 - 07:15 PM) FIRE FITZPATRICK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 June 2016 - 12:00 PM) Sheldon Richardson suspended for 1 game for violating league substance abuse policy
ganggreen2003 Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:06 PM) The JETS shouldn't of signed wilkerson to such a big contract
ganggreen2003 Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:07 PM) he doesn't deserve $17 mil/year cause he is coming off an injury...he should of earned it by playing this year as the Franchise tag and then if he played lights out then you open the vault
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:21 PM) WOOOOOOOO
RetireChrebet Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:58 PM) How much guaranteed money? also does this mean hes here for 6 years since he's tagged? how does that work?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 July 2016 - 10:20 PM) Now cut that street thug Wilkerson!!
NJAzrael71 Icon : (16 July 2016 - 03:47 AM) 54 million guaranteed
NJAzrael71 Icon : (16 July 2016 - 03:48 AM) 54 guaranteed against injury but 37 in straight guaranteed money without injury
NJAzrael71 Icon : (16 July 2016 - 03:49 AM) Should've waited till after the season to see how he comes off the injury but I guess they figure he wouldn't have signed if they waited another year
vjdbbq Icon : (17 July 2016 - 07:32 PM) Where is ROB and his ass ?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 July 2016 - 10:27 AM) guess that means richardson is gone after this season. Maybe we can franchise and trade him
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 July 2016 - 08:52 AM) whos running fantasy football league this year? brotana?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (22 July 2016 - 10:25 AM) darron lee still isn't signed... greedy street thug lol
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2016 - 05:31 PM) Rich is under contract for next year and we used a team option for 17 already so he's a jet for 2 more year's for sure unless we trade him.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:38 PM) We need to quit screwing around and sign Fitzpatrick
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Jonathan Franklin UCLA

#1 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: 03-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toledo, OH

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Rotoworld

Quote

Draft insider Tony Pauline warns to "mark down" UCLA RB Johnathan Franklin as a second-round target by the Jets.
The team is "very high on the RB and a terrific fit for Mornhinweg's offense," Pauline tweeted. Along with the Jets, Pauline listed the Cincinnati Bengals, Miami Dolphins, St. Louis Rams and San Diego Chargers as possible destinations.

"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB
0

#2 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,068
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Touched the ball a TON in his college career. I like him though.
0

#3 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

One of my man crushes...I'd pee myself if they drafted him. He probably isn't a long term answer...given how much mileage he has on those legs already.
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Pass. We can find a RB on the scrap heap. I liked what Powell did and we can always switch McKnight from CB to RB. I heard he played a little RB in college.
0

#5 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 March 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

Pass. We can find a RB on the scrap heap. I liked what Powell did and we can always switch McKnight from CB to RB. I heard he played a little RB in college.


I realize the offensive coaching hasn't been the best, but I think McKnight would have gotten his shot by now if he was any good. People need to let go of this idea of him becoming a big piece of the offense.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 13 March 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

I realize the offensive coaching hasn't been the best, but I think McKnight would have gotten his shot by now if he was any good. People need to let go of this idea of him becoming a big piece of the offense.


No one is expecting him to be a big piece of anything. He's a 2nd or 3rd back on our roster.
0

#7 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 March 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

No one is expecting him to be a big piece of anything. He's a 2nd or 3rd back on our roster.


2nd running backs are a big part of NFL offenses nowadays.

McKnight is a kick returner.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 13 March 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

2nd running backs are a big part of NFL offenses nowadays.

McKnight is a kick returner.


Yea you're right. With holes on the D line, O line, 1 starting LBer, no safeties, possibly without Revis, probably without Keller... lets draft a backup RB with our 2nd round pick! GTFOH.
0

#9 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 March 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

Yea you're right. With holes on the D line, O line, 1 starting LBer, no safeties, possibly without Revis, probably without Keller... lets draft a backup RB with our 2nd round pick! GTFOH.


1. I don't think anyone is suggesting he would be the backup. Sounds like the team/Marty M likes him as a starter, from the report.
2. Show me where I said I wanted Franklin in the second round. All I said is McKnight sucks and shouldn't be considered as part of the RB solution.

Your act is stale.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

View Postsexyrexy, on 14 March 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

1. I don't think anyone is suggesting he would be the backup. Sounds like the team/Marty M likes him as a starter, from the report.
2. Show me where I said I wanted Franklin in the second round. All I said is McKnight sucks and shouldn't be considered as part of the RB solution.

Your act is stale.


I think that Powell is fine as a starter. That's why I mentioned McKnight. When I did, you said this gem:

View Postsexyrexy, on 14 March 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

2nd running backs are a big part of NFL offenses nowadays.


Which means that you think that we should go out and spend (either money or valuable draft picks) on a 2nd RB even though we have McKnight and holes at every position.

When I replied that we shouldn't draft this kid with the 2nd rounder, I was replying to the topic post which clearly says that the Jets are targeting him with the 2nd round pick. It doesn't matter what you think, I'm replying to the topic. Hop off and stop trolling.
0

#11 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Yeah it seems the rest of the NFL is catching up with me :beach:

When Franklin was pegged as a late 3rd/4th rounder I thought he was awesome value. However, as a 2nd rounder that might be a little too rich for the Jets.
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 March 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

I think that Powell is fine as a starter. That's why I mentioned McKnight. When I did, you said this gem:

Which means that you think that we should go out and spend (either money or valuable draft picks) on a 2nd RB even though we have McKnight and holes at every position.

When I replied that we shouldn't draft this kid with the 2nd rounder, I was replying to the topic post which clearly says that the Jets are targeting him with the 2nd round pick. It doesn't matter what you think, I'm replying to the topic. Hop off and stop trolling.


And when I replied to you, I was replying to your thought process that McKnight is a good 2nd RB. He sucks.

You're right, the Jets have holes at every position... including RB.

And yes, 2nd RBs are important in today's NFL. And if the Jets draft this kid in the 2nd round, then they have a solid 2nd RB in Powell. As it currently stands, Powell is not the answer at starting RB in a West Coast Offense, IMO.

I'm glad you have my thought process figured out better than I do, though. And I'm the troll.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 14 March 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

As it currently stands, Powell is not the answer at starting RB in a West Coast Offense, IMO.


Powell is a better RB than Ducasse is a G, than Ellis is at NT, than McIntyre and Ricky Sapp are at OLB, than Davis is at ILB and than the absolutely nothing we have at safety. But you're right tho. Lets draft another RB in the 2nd round so the squaky wheel can get the grease.
0

#14 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 March 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Powell is a better RB than Ducasse is a G, than Ellis is at NT, than McIntyre and Ricky Sapp are at OLB, than Davis is at ILB and than the absolutely nothing we have at safety. But you're right tho. Lets draft another RB in the 2nd round so the squaky wheel can get the grease.


Nowhere did I say they should draft a RB in the second round. I'm merely saying I understand where they're coming from, because Powell is not a starter and McKnight sucks. Stop putting words in my mouth.

If they don't sign someone in FA, they will be drafting a RB at some point in the draft, though. You can bank on that.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 14 March 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Nowhere did I say they should draft a RB in the second round. I'm merely saying I understand where they're coming from, because Powell is not a starter and McKnight sucks. Stop putting words in my mouth.

If they don't sign someone in FA, they will be drafting a RB at some point in the draft, though. You can bank on that.


We'll probably be looking at a lot of UDRFA and you can always find a decent RB in that group. We're not going to draft any RBs in the early rounds. Far too many holes to address.
0

#16 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 March 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

We'll probably be looking at a lot of UDRFA and you can always find a decent RB in that group. We're not going to draft any RBs in the early rounds. Far too many holes to address.


The new GM/OC combo may want a new starter, in which case it would be hard to bank on an UDRFA for that role. Not that it doesn't happen, it's just hard to rely on that.

I could be wrong and they could love Powell. I just don't see it, though.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#17 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 14 March 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

The new GM/OC combo may want a new starter, in which case it would be hard to bank on an UDRFA for that role. Not that it doesn't happen, it's just hard to rely on that.

I could be wrong and they could love Powell. I just don't see it, though.


I think that after the ground & pound/Wildcat/Sparano fiasco, Rex has been stripped of any voice as far as the offense goes. I wouldn't be surprised if Morningweh is basically the HC of the OC and Rex is the HC of the defense. Morningweh is making it pretty clear that he's looking for a RB that can catch, and that's not that hard to find. No we're not going to get a DeSean Jackson in the late rounds but you can find a ton of guys who have decent hands. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if the Jets had no plan whatsoever.
0

#18 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 March 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

I think that after the ground & pound/Wildcat/Sparano fiasco, Rex has been stripped of any voice as far as the offense goes. I wouldn't be surprised if Morningweh is basically the HC of the OC and Rex is the HC of the defense. Morningweh is making it pretty clear that he's looking for a RB that can catch, and that's not that hard to find. No we're not going to get a DeSean Jackson in the late rounds but you can find a ton of guys who have decent hands. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if the Jets had no plan whatsoever.


Right...ok...

A- Recieving RB's are not that plentiful

B- DeSean Jackson is a WR

C- It's fine to say OL, S, OLB, etc are bigger needs...but its better to draft a guy you think will be a quality player than reach for a need. Especially in the middle rounds.
Posted Image
0

#19 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 14 March 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Right...ok...

A- Recieving RB's are not that plentiful

B- DeSean Jackson is a WR

C- It's fine to say OL, S, OLB, etc are bigger needs...but its better to draft a guy you think will be a quality player than reach for a need. Especially in the middle rounds.


A. I think there's a good amount of them. I don't view "A RB who can catch" as a special skill. I think it's harder to find a TE who can block and is a good reciever than a RB who can be a good RB and a good pass catcher out of the backfield. No other reason than it's just my opinion.

B. Lesean and Desean... cut me a break. Here, watch this:



C. I think with the amount of holes on this roster, if we draft BPA every round, it will more likely than not fill a need as well.
0

#20 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 March 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

A. I think there's a good amount of them. I don't view "A RB who can catch" as a special skill. I think it's harder to find a TE who can block and is a good reciever than a RB who can be a good RB and a good pass catcher out of the backfield. No other reason than it's just my opinion.

B. Lesean and Desean... cut me a break. Here, watch this:



C. I think with the amount of holes on this roster, if we draft BPA every round, it will more likely than not fill a need as well.


Haha yeah I've seen that video...I call my dog smoochie wallace now.

I guess it depends on how you define a "RB who can catch." For Mornhinweg's system, I think you're talking about more than just a RB who can catch dumpoffs. I think you need a RB who can run routes and catch passes downfield, like a WR....and those RB's are rare. How many of those guys are there in the league?

Darren Sproles...Franke Gore...LeSean McCoy...Reggie Bush...Ray Rice?
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users