NYJetsFan.com Forums: Never Say It Can Never Get Worse . . . - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 August 2014 - 07:18 PM) DeMario Davis seems like hes poised to have a breakout season at LB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 August 2014 - 07:50 PM) It was nice seeing Pryor in, he made some plays. I think hes going to be the real deal and that we will hit on a stud with him
azjetfan Icon : (16 August 2014 - 08:43 PM) The pick by Geno seemed to be more on Nelson. Nelson sat on his route. Geno threw it were he was supposed to be.
azjetfan Icon : (16 August 2014 - 08:44 PM) Who knows though
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) http://gfycat.com/Mi...idHookersealion
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) Gotta fix that
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:35 PM) Is anyone else as concerned as I am about the secondary?
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:36 PM) I know it's preseason and all but even with Milliner in on the first game we gave up a TD on the first drive to the Colts
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:37 PM) Patterson looked like me out there and Wilson got torched last night
Smedsthejet Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:26 PM) Concerned about the right side of the OLine too - too many penalties and Giacomini wasn't that much better than against the Colts when he was poor
SackExchange71 Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:31 PM) Imo i still think howard is better then giacomini..Wish they never let him walk.Giacomini had alot of flags in seattle also
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:33 AM) Howard recieved a huge contract in Oakland. Way over his actual value.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM) So did we make a trade for a CB yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM) Milliner did suffer a high ankle sprain, that sucks. could linger all year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM) I think Patterson sucked vs the Colts because he was injured, which he always is.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Today, 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Never Say It Can Never Get Worse . . . Jets New QB smh

#1 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

http://sports.yahoo....15137--nfl.html

It hasn't happened yet, but it's a virtual sure thing that current Arizona Cardinals quarterbackKevin Kolb will be former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb sooner than later. Kolb is due a $2 million roster bonus on Saturday, and carries a $13.5 million cap number in 2013 as part of the onerous six-year, $63.5 million contract he signed in July of 2011. New head coach Bruce Arians and new general manager John Keim have no specific ties to Kolb, though Keim was in Arizona's front office when the deal was made, and Arians no doubt would like to move on from a hyper-expensive quarterback who has started just 14 games and thrown just 17 touchdowns in his two seasons with the team.

Where would Kolb go upon his release? Believe it or not, there's a lot of fire behind this smoke: Rumors that he could indeed compete for and win the starting job with the New York Jets have quite a bit of weight to them. New Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg filled that same position for Andy Reid with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2007, when the Eagles selected Kolb in the second round out of Houston.

The decision to take Kolb, many say, was Mornhinweg's as much as anyone's, and Mornhinweg still holds a great affinity for Kolb.

The possibility was first broached by Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News via Twitter on Thursday morning.

Mehta then went into further detail in an article, saying that Kolb would be a quick add to the Jets' roster at the right price.

When Greg Cosell of NFL Films and ESPN's NFL Matchup and I got on the phone Thursday afternoon for a Shutdown Corner free agency podcast, Greg -- who knows Mornhinweg very well -- affirmed that Kolb to the Jets in a major role is a real possibility.

"I'll tell you where he could end up, and only because I know this -- it would not surprise me to see him with the Jets," Cosell said. "Marty Mornhinweg has always been a big, big believer in Kevin Kolb. This might sound like a bold statement, but it's not -- barring injury, and barring Kolb just being horrendous, and we don't know where he stands after getting shellshocked in Arizona ... assuming he's the Kevin Kolb he was with the Eagles, he could win the starting quarterback job.

"Marty has always loved him. And when coaches love a guy, you know how that works. He's got no affinity for Mark Sanchez whatsoever. He's going to look at [Sanchez's] tape, and he's not necessarily going to like what he sees there."

Consider also that Reid, the new head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, did not wait for Kolb's seemingly inevitable release to add him to Kansas City's roster -- he traded with the San Francisco 49ers for Alex Smith, and signed former New Orleans Saints backup Chase Daniel to back Smith up.

The Jets had an unmitigated quarterback disaster in 2012, as Mark Sanchez played poorly -- but not poorly enough for Tim Tebow to get on the field. There were times when former seventh-round pick Greg McElroy looked like the best quarterback on the roster. Mornhinweg recently said that Sanchez has "a leg up" on the current competition at the position, and that competition now includes veteran David Garrard, who the Jets signed off the street on March 11.

It's not exactly manna from heaven for Jets fans tired of sub-par play from their quarterbacks, but Kevin Kolb could be on the way, and he could be starting in the near future.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

I don't exactly get the issue with the Jets signing QBs this offseason. It's a weak QB draft and a weak QB free agent market. Who exactly are the Jets suppose to bring in? Keeping the current batch of guys (Sanchez, Tebow, McElroy, and Simms) isn't going to do anything. They are trying to milk the last bit of ability from Garrard. Mornhinweg has had success with Kolb. If Kolb comes cheap, what exactly is the issue? The Jets QB situation is in shambles. The more bodies at camp, the better. Don't even try to argue that Garrard and Kolb is worse than McElroy and Tebow.

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

I don't think signing Kolb is a bad idea... Hes experienced in Mornhinweg's system and he brings more competition.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Considering what the market is like for QBs this season, I'll absolutely take Kolb. Mornhinweg as the OC would help out a lot in that respect
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

View PostChaos, on 14 March 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

I don't exactly get the issue with the Jets signing QBs this offseason. It's a weak QB draft and a weak QB free agent market. Who exactly are the Jets suppose to bring in? Keeping the current batch of guys (Sanchez, Tebow, McElroy, and Simms) isn't going to do anything. They are trying to milk the last bit of ability from Garrard. Mornhinweg has had success with Kolb. If Kolb comes cheap, what exactly is the issue? The Jets QB situation is in shambles. The more bodies at camp, the better. Don't even try to argue that Garrard and Kolb is worse than McElroy and Tebow.

Gerrard is a guy who is known for protecting the ball, so good guy to bring in and compete. Kolb is LOST in games and turns the ball over. Not good.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostTebow15, on 14 March 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

Gerrard is a guy who is known for protecting the ball, so good guy to bring in and compete. Kolb is LOST in games and turns the ball over. Not good.

You're right...just give the starting job to Tebow....he never looks lost.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

The only part of this article that I disagree with is the "At time Greg McElroy looked like the best QB". At no point in the regular season did McElroy look good. I don't mind Kolb. If MM can make him good enough to start, bring him here. He's not going to be expensive.

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Where do you get this stuff from? Like seriously, do you smoke PCP as part of a balanced breakfast? Forget that Garrard is old as all hell and missed 2 seasons because of back injury. To most people, that's a big enough red flag right there... but in his last 3 years (when he was playing because, again, he hasn't played in 2 freaking years) he's had the following stats:

2008 15 TDs, 13 INTs and 6 Fumbles Lost
2009 15 TDs, 10 INTs and 9 Fumbles Lost
2010 23 TDs, 15 INTs and 6 Fumbles Lost

Oh yea... he hasn't played for 2 years because of back injuries!

#9 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 March 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

Where do you get this stuff from? Like seriously, do you smoke PCP as part of a balanced breakfast? Forget that Garrard is old as all hell and missed 2 seasons because of back injury. To most people, that's a big enough red flag right there... but in his last 3 years (when he was playing because, again, he hasn't played in 2 freaking years) he's had the following stats:

2008 15 TDs, 13 INTs and 6 Fumbles Lost
2009 15 TDs, 10 INTs and 9 Fumbles Lost
2010 23 TDs, 15 INTs and 6 Fumbles Lost

Oh yea... he hasn't played for 2 years because of back injuries!

HAHA! You show 0 years of more ints than tds, and int numbers that are considered very good for any qb, and use it as evidence to try to disprove my statement that Gerrard doesn't turn over the ball that much, and I'm the one smoking PCP for breakfast? Hilarious. Thanks for doing the leg work of proving my point for me with the official stats. Want to throw Kolbs up to compare while you're at it? I like people doing my work for me.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostTebow15, on 15 March 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

HAHA! You show 0 years of more ints than tds, and int numbers that are considered very good for any qb, and use it as evidence to try to disprove my statement that Gerrard doesn't turn over the ball that much, and I'm the one smoking PCP for breakfast? Hilarious. Thanks for doing the leg work of proving my point for me with the official stats. Want to throw Kolbs up to compare while you're at it? I like people doing my work for me.

You claimed that Garrard was guy who took care of the football. I showed you that in his last 3 years, he totatled 21 more TURNOVERS than he did TDs. You want to start splitting hairs with some moronic shit about how one type of TO is different than another, go ahead. I don't argue with the mentally ill.

#11 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 15 March 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

You claimed that Garrard was guy who took care of the football. I showed you that in his last 3 years, he totatled 21 more TURNOVERS than he did TDs. You want to start splitting hairs with some moronic shit about how one type of TO is different than another, go ahead. I don't argue with the mentally ill.

Ok, we will have a 270 pound person, who can run a 4.6 40, run and hit u from 7 yards away, and lets see how many times u hold onto the ball. Fumbles in the pocket, for the most part, are not a qb's fault. If he holds the ball like a loaf of bread, or doesn't tuck it away when he runs, then it's his fault. Especially if its on a buttfumble. But it's not a qb's decision making skills that make him fumble a ball when one of the greatest athletes in the world hits him in the back.

Ints are decision making. How about you learn some football and then try to argue. And if I'm mentally ill, how sad does that make u that you have less comprehension than someone of my mental standing? I wouldn't boast about that to your friends. Normally I ignore your comments because you are too easy, but it's refreshing to get a laugh at your expense every once in a while.

But don't worry, we should just draft a qb who is comming off a throwing shoulder injury, from a school who has never had a qb alumn ever start in a Super Bowl. That will solve our problems ;)
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

He's going to look at [Sanchez's] tape, and he's not necessarily going to like what he sees there."[/font]

[/quote]
Helen Keller could look at the tape of Mark and dislike it!

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostTebow15, on 15 March 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah

Cool story bro. QBs that "don't turn the ball over" do not have 21 more turnovers than TDs. End of story.

#14 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

I'm sorry but I just can't take a review of a QB seriously coming from a guy who thinks Tim Tebow is a quality NFL QB.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#16 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 16 March 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

I'm sorry but I just can't take a review of a QB seriously coming from a guy who thinks Tim Tebow is a quality NFL QB.

And Kellen Clemens lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users