NYJetsFan.com Forums: Revis Trade: Buccaneers Willing To Deal First And Second-Round Picks In 2014, Report Says - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Revis Trade: Buccaneers Willing To Deal First And Second-Round Picks In 2014, Report Says and to also pay Revis roughly $15 million per season in an extens

#1 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Revis & Bucs

By Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger
on March 21, 2013 at 3:11 PM, updated March 21, 2013 at 6:26 PM

In regards to a Darrelle Revis trade, there was little noise, if any, coming out of the league meetings in Arizona this week.

Tampa Bay, the only team that seems to be interested in selling the farm to acquire Revis, is reportedly growing frustrated with the Jets reluctance to pull the trigger. The Jets, meanwhile, continue to be patient.

According to a report from Sports Illustrated's Peter King, though, the Buccaneers have upped the ante to include both their first and second-round picks in 2014 and to also pay Revis roughly $15 million per season in an extension. This, despite not knowing if the corner is fully healthy.

The report says that the sticking point remains Tampa Bay's first-round pick in 2013, which the Jets apparently covet. This would give them the No. 9 and No. 13 overall picks next month. King added that nothing got done in Arizona to move negotiations forward.

For the moment, the Jets don't seem to be jumping at the offer.

New GM John Idzik is in a difficult situation. It is highly unlikely he can re-sign Revis, especially with the promise of an open market waiting for him in 2014. At best, Revis has one more season in New York.

However, Idzik's job is to get the best possible deal for Revis while he still can. As of now, he apparently thinks that is a first-round pick in 2013 as well as a pick in next year's draft.

Free agent guard Brandon Moore continued his visit with the Dolphins today, the team announced.

Rex Ryan and some Jets representatives were at Georgia's Pro Day on Thursday. According to reports, Ryan appeared particularly interested in outside linebacker Jarvis Jones, defensive tackle John Jenkins and defensive tackle Kwame Geathers.

On the Jim Rome show Thursday, former Jets tight end Dustin Keller said he thought Mark Sanchez still has a chance to be successful. Keller added that he spoke to Sanchez recently and that the quarterback was excited by the prospect of working with new offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#2 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Do that trade if the bucs offer up a 2nd and a 4th in this years draft on top of next years picks...

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#3 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

View Postextmenace, on 27 March 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Do that trade if the bucs offer up a 2nd and a 4th in this years draft on top of next years picks...

That'll never happen. He's not worth a 1st, two 2nd's & a 4th.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#4 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 29 March 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

You'd get stoked if the Jets traded Revis for a 7th rounder in 2020. Whatever it takes to get him off the team.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 29 March 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

He's worth 2 2nds, a 3rd and a 4th which is what the Bucs offer really is when you discount the future picks.

#6 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

How do you figure next year's first is basically a second? No one knows where Tamp's going to finish in 2013. It could be the same #13 for all anyone knows.

As for Harlem......you REALLY need to get over yourself and the stupid remarks EVERY time I post on any Mevis related threads. I already said on multiple occasions that if the dip$hit actually signed a REASONABLE deal and actually stuck to it not demanding more money every other year, then it would be worth it to keep him, otherwise get rid of him to actually get more than a POSSIBLE third rounder for him if we're lucky and having to basically pay out 18 million in cap space for one year on him for him to only sign with someone else after the season. The 3rd round compensatory wouldn't even be guaranteed either.

#7 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

If I feel you're acting like a complete moron (and that's a complete understatement with the things you've said on here within the past year) on a board that I moderate then yeah, I'm going to continue to call you out on it when I see fit. You call me out on "stupid" remarks and subsequently offer a rebuttal with the terms "Mevis" and "dip$hit"....riiight. If I got you all emotional, then I apologize. Just please don't shoot me.

If Revis is traded, I'm sure you'll have this at the ready when you read all the articles regarding it

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 31 March 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

How do you figure next year's first is basically a second? No one knows where Tamp's going to finish in 2013. It could be the same #13 for all anyone knows.

Future picks are discounted one round per year. So a 2014 1st rounder is equal to a 2013 2nd rounder. The Bucs offer as it stands now, in today's "time value of draft picks" is equivalent to a 2nd and a 3rd in 2013.

#9 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 31 March 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

If I feel you're acting like a complete moron (and that's a complete understatement with the things you've said on here within the past year) on a board that I moderate then yeah, I'm going to continue to call you out on it when I see fit. You call me out on "stupid" remarks and subsequently offer a rebuttal with the terms "Mevis" and "dip$hit"....riiight. If I got you all emotional, then I apologize. Just please don't shoot me.

If Revis is traded, I'm sure you'll have this at the ready when you read all the articles regarding it

Posted Image

Believe me.....I don't get emotional about shit posted on a forum. I just think you & a few others draw it out longer than it needs to be. You guys seem to conveniently miss the comments where I've said if he actually signs for a reasonable amount, then its okay to re-sign him to a longer deal IF he would actually honor a deal for the first time in his career.

We have a difference of opinion regarding him is all. Many of you think he's the best thing since sliced bread. I think he's a playter that USED to be a great player and has a lot to prove on and off the field. Why do you think nobody is clammoring to try to sign him? It's NOT only the injury that has people wary of him. His history of not honoring a single contract is coming back to bite him along with the big question mark about his ability to stay healthy & perform at the pre-2010 level.

And thanks to SHJ for the explanation regarding the picks. I'd still take that deal if I were the Jets.

#10 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 19 February 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

I brought up the recovery timetable because so many people around here seem to be under the belief that he's going to come back being the same Revis he was before the injury. I say he won't.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 31 March 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

I already said on multiple occasions that if the dip$hit actually signed a REASONABLE deal and actually stuck to it not demanding more money every other year, then it would be worth it to keep him,

So....you're okay with keeping him if he gets paid what FlyHi deems reasonable (because you know what's best for Revis of course). But you also say he won't be as good as he was before his injury.

I mean if we go with your line of thinking that Revis is a greedy "little street thug" who won't be as good as he was before his injury, why keep him at all? Why should the Jets keep such an awful and damaged person around even if he played for free?

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 April 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

And thanks to SHJ for the explanation regarding the picks. I'd still take that deal if I were the Jets.

Would you trade Revis for Harvin straight up?

#12 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 01 April 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

So....you're okay with keeping him if he gets paid what FlyHi deems reasonable (because you know what's best for Revis of course). But you also say he won't be as good as he was before his injury.

I mean if we go with your line of thinking that Revis is a greedy "little street thug" who won't be as good as he was before his injury, why keep him at all? Why should the Jets keep such an awful and damaged person around even if he played for free?

WTF is your problem? Get a life and off my d!ck already. I don't give a flying fvck what is best for Revis. I care about what's best for the team. (unlike you obviously)

Reasonable would be 10-12 per year TOPS. Not this 15-16 per year bull$hit he wants. He's only worth 9-12 when he's in prime shape. No CB has EVER been the central piece in winning a Superbowl and Revis sure as hell won't be the first. See......I actually use something you don't. It's called COMMON SENSE. Why overpay him and make it where the rest of the team can't do a damn thing towards winning a championship? With or without him, the team will be lucky to win 5-6 games this season. If they pay him, they'll only have to go through him wanting another new deal in 2015 with him calling the contract another "band aid" if it falls under 16.25 million pre season like he did last time.

You REALLY need to chill with your man love for him. Your gay is shining through.

#13 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 01 April 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

Would you trade Revis for Harvin straight up?

No. I wouldn't. He hasn't had a single 1,000 yard receiving season in his career. I'd trade Holmes for Harvin straight up but not Revis.

#14 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 02 April 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

WTF is your problem? Get a life and off my d!ck already. I don't give a flying fvck what is best for Revis. I care about what's best for the team. (unlike you obviously)

Reasonable would be 10-12 per year TOPS. Not this 15-16 per year bull$hit he wants. He's only worth 9-12 when he's in prime shape. No CB has EVER been the central piece in winning a Superbowl and Revis sure as hell won't be the first. See......I actually use something you don't. It's called COMMON SENSE. Why overpay him and make it where the rest of the team can't do a damn thing towards winning a championship? With or without him, the team will be lucky to win 5-6 games this season. If they pay him, they'll only have to go through him wanting another new deal in 2015 with him calling the contract another "band aid" if it falls under 16.25 million pre season like he did last time.

You REALLY need to chill with your man love for him. Your gay is shining through.

Get off your dick? :hysterical: (in my RuPaul voice) I doubt there'd be much dick to get on honey.

I asked you a simple question, why even keep Revis at all if he's greedy and won't be the same after his injury? But no Mr. Jet wrote something so let me go on the attack because he's awful just like Revis. Because we're all the same...j/k....kinda. So blinded by the hate you can't even be civil. That's fine. I like f***ing with you because as I've said before, you always fall for it. And this time I wasn't even really trying. You're older than me and so much of a better and smarter person than I am. But yet you are the one calling me gay as if I'm supposed to be offended. Am I supposed to be insulted or something? Is that what an older and more intelligent person does? Call people names and uses "gay" as if it were supposed to be something negative? Is this 1963? But I like getting under your skin and see you flex your big internet muscles. You're always good for a laugh.

P.S.
There is only one player on this team that I'd be gay for and it's not Revis. It would be Vladimir Ducasse.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 02 April 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

No. I wouldn't. He hasn't had a single 1,000 yard receiving season in his career. I'd trade Holmes for Harvin straight up but not Revis.

Good. Yet Minny was able to get a 1st rounder for Harvin. If you wouldn't trade Revis for Harvin, then clearly, Revis is worth more than a 1st rounder. Right?

#16 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 02 April 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

Good. Yet Minny was able to get a 1st rounder for Harvin. If you wouldn't trade Revis for Harvin, then clearly, Revis is worth more than a 1st rounder. Right?

Nobody ever said Seattle had the brightest people in their front office. Let's also not forget that Harvin only brought in a single pick. Yes. It was this year's 1st rounder but this year's first round talent would only equal next year's draft's second round talent to begin with so if you really want to go with comparisons, Harvin would have gone for next year's second right? Revis would be going for the second and 4th according to your logic right?

I said that I wouldn't trade Revis for Harvin straight up because even coming off the injury, Revis has the reputation that still has him held in higher regard than Harvin. Harvin's best season only had him catch 6 TD's. He's a slot receiver. We already have that in Kerley. Its not an area of need. I honestly wouldn't take any single player other than a quality starting QB or pass rush specialist that we could build a team around for Revis. There are pass rushers in this year's draft BUT each have issues that have been described in the mock draft thread and none would honestly rank likely higher than either late first round or second round in next year's draft class.

As stated previously.........the need to unload Revis comes from his proven DISloyalty towards the team which leads to the likelihood that he will NOT resign with the team if we only have him play out his contract this year. That means, we take an 18 million dollar cap hit for one year of service and HOPE to get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him. If we trade him, we get a couple picks for him. If he comes back and performs at the high level he was at pre-2010 and will sign for 12 million per year, then by all means, sign him, BUT make it beneficial to both sides. Allow him to make his money via escalators and backload the deal along with putting in language that if he holds out during the life of the contract, his salary gets lowered. Revis the PLAYER was outstanding and locked down half the field for the majority of his career. There is no disputing that. Revis the person held no loyalty towards his teammates or to the NY Jets once his uncle Shawn got around him. At first, he took Wilson under his wing and I thought that was cool. His initial holdout coming out of the draft was overlooked as almost normal seeking a decent deal because Tanny wanted to screw him and extend him further than any other rookie coming in by having him sign an extra year. But then he went and did it a second time which no one can deny definitely had an effect on the team. AND on his own performance and his ability to play as he had to deal with hammy issues ever since as he was not in football shape coming back. Then after getting 16.25 for 2 years, he cries and moans that the deal was only a "band aid". BUT it was only a band aid AFTER the money fell under 16.25 a year. And guess what.......he gets hurt again. Seems like karma to me.

Revis needs to either sign a LTD and be a lifelong Jet where he CAN be paid as the highest paid CB in the league without holding the team's ability to put a quality product on the field for ransom or we need to trade him. I say we offer him a deal where he gets a base of say 9-10 per year and allow escalators bring him up to 12-13. That still makes him the highest paid back in the league. Hell.....Aso went from expecting 15 million this season down to playing for THREE and turned down ANY guaranteed money at all.

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

There is already a 20 page thread about Revis and people need to calm down with the name calling...
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users