NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mock Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:28 PM) streets is real
santana Icon : (Today, 12:36 PM) hey 05.. yo 05... 05!!!!
santana Icon : (Today, 12:36 PM) UEFA TIME
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:35 PM) Jets to sign Kerley to a 4 year extension
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) he's a good slot WR, i'm assuming we got him cheap, can't complain
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) we need to lock up wilk. but if harvin pans out, were set at WR for the next 4 years as decker, kerly, and harvin are all under contract.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:44 PM) Ivory is good too, we need a speed back (CJ sin't cuting it) and some o-line and mainly a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:46 PM) Our offensive weapons aren't bad, need a qb and ol
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:09 PM) they were bad when decker was hurt and it was nelson and kerly starting and salas in the slot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) That damn street thug Kerley
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:18 PM) Yeah because Nelson is terrible, Salas is no more than a #4 kind of wr
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) Can we focus more on this street thug who is stealing $16 million from the team!?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 05:05 PM) salas shouldn't be on an NFL roster. #4 WR is a bit generous
santana Icon : (Today, 06:00 PM) extending kerley is a great move. i could see another team poaching him off the roster real fast.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:17 PM) Salas isn't that bad, hes made some plays for us this season.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:17 PM) You know who shouldn't be on a NFL roster, Salim Hakim. IDK why hes still on the Jets, he was TERRIBLE at KR and has no value as a WR. Waste of a roster spot IMO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:18 PM) Percy Harvin will be our KR now, I would imagine. Hes electric at it
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:48 PM) yeah hakim is another one i don't understand. he is even attempting to play WR and got benched at KR
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Mock Draft

#1 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,015
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

With some FA signings...


S-Dawan Landry

Posted Image

S-Jim Leonhard, birng him back for cheap.

Posted Image

QB-Kevin Kolb. Has experience with Marty Mornhinweg.

Posted Image

OG-Matt Slauson re-signs




Trades-We trade Revis to the Buccaneers for their 2013 1st and 2014 2nd.

9th overall-Ziggy Ansah OLB/DE 6'5 271. Risky pick, but has the highest upside of any pass rusher. I think Dion Jordan goes before us and I am not sure what is happening with Jones. Pick here is between Barkevious Mingo or Ansah (who may also be gone).

Posted Image

13th overall-Tavon Austin WR. Hes a game changer, and for us we need more impact players on offense. His ability to make people miss in the open field along with his blazing speed make him special.



2nd-Zach Ertz TE-6'5

Posted Image


3rd-JJ Wilcox S-6'0 213.
Posted Image

4th-Corey Lemonier OLB-6'4 255
Posted Image


Not going to do the rest as it gets too hard. idk how realistic this all is, but I was bored...





QB-Kevin Kolb, Mark Sanchez, David Garrard.
RB-Bilal Powell, Mike Goodson, Joe MCKnight
WR-Santonio Holmes, Tavon Austin, Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, Jordan White.
TE-Zach Ertz, Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Rueland.
LT-D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LG-Matt Slauson
C-Nick Mangold
RG-Willie Colon
RT-Austin Howard

DE-Quinton Coples
NT-Kenrick Ellis/Antonio Garay
DT-Muhammad Wilkerson
OLB-Ziggy Ansah
ILB-David Harris
ILB-DeMario Davis
OLB-Antwan Barnes/Corey Lemonier
CB-Antonio Cromartie
S-JJ Wilcox, Jim Leonhard
S-Dawan Landry
CB-Kyle Wilson
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

This is a major turd of a draft. If this happens, I'll boo the shit out of my tv.
0

#3 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,015
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 March 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

This is a major turd of a draft. If this happens, I'll boo the shit out of my tv.


Why?
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 25 March 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

Why?


I don't like Ansah at all. I feel like he's basically being labelled at the "next JPP" because there's a lot of personal similarities there (both born in Africa, never seen football until teens etc). Because of that, he's being touted as that Top 10 pick. JPP went to the Giants who basically eased him into his natural role as a pure pass rusher by having him come in on obvious pass rushing downs and play along side 3 other good-to-great pass rushers. That's an ideal environment for a guy like that. On the Jets, Ansah would be asked to play OLB from Day 1 (because he's a #9 pick at a position where we have next to zero). Totally different situation. You're asking a guy who started playing football in 2010 to come in and transition from a position where he did not have great numbers (remember, his stats are mediocre at best, all his hype is based on "potential") to the most complex position in the 3-4 scheme without the benefit of having any serious talent around him. That's a recipe for disaster. I believe that he could be a mega bust or a ProBowler and it all depends on the team he gets drafted by, here he'll be a bust.

The best scenario for our #9 pick is to trade back and grab either Moore or Jones. Yea both had bad combines and blah blah blah but both have had great years rushing the passer. That's what we need. Guys that can rush the passers. Once we have enough talent on this team, then we can draft guys with potential and bring them along slowly. Until then, it's important that we take guys that can contribute off the bat.

Austin to me, is a luxury. He's basically a richer man's version of Jeremy Kerley. With him, Holmes and Austin and Gates (who is ahead of Hill on the depth chart) we have 4 little guys who basically all do the same thing. I feel like we have bigger holes that need more immediate attention. If we're drafting at #13, that means that Revis is gone. We now have another starter to replace. There's going to be great OL available at that spot, there will also be good DBs and good OLBs. Our defense is so terrible at rushing the passer, I would not be upset if we double dipped at the OLB position in the 1st round. A great pass rush will do more to beat Brady than Austin.

Finally from the mocks I'm reading, there's going to be 2 or 3 good safeties available in the top of the 2nd. Again, if Revis is gone, shoring up the secondary is going to be a major issue. If we sign D Landry and Leonhard like you have us doing, any TE (including Keller who we now play twice a year) is going to have monster games against us. Neither of those guys can cover anyone.
0

#5 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,015
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 26 March 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

I don't like Ansah at all. I feel like he's basically being labelled at the "next JPP" because there's a lot of personal similarities there (both born in Africa, never seen football until teens etc). Because of that, he's being touted as that Top 10 pick. JPP went to the Giants who basically eased him into his natural role as a pure pass rusher by having him come in on obvious pass rushing downs and play along side 3 other good-to-great pass rushers. That's an ideal environment for a guy like that. On the Jets, Ansah would be asked to play OLB from Day 1 (because he's a #9 pick at a position where we have next to zero). Totally different situation. You're asking a guy who started playing football in 2010 to come in and transition from a position where he did not have great numbers (remember, his stats are mediocre at best, all his hype is based on "potential") to the most complex position in the 3-4 scheme without the benefit of having any serious talent around him. That's a recipe for disaster. I believe that he could be a mega bust or a ProBowler and it all depends on the team he gets drafted by, here he'll be a bust.

The best scenario for our #9 pick is to trade back and grab either Moore or Jones. Yea both had bad combines and blah blah blah but both have had great years rushing the passer. That's what we need. Guys that can rush the passers. Once we have enough talent on this team, then we can draft guys with potential and bring them along slowly. Until then, it's important that we take guys that can contribute off the bat.

Austin to me, is a luxury. He's basically a richer man's version of Jeremy Kerley. With him, Holmes and Austin and Gates (who is ahead of Hill on the depth chart) we have 4 little guys who basically all do the same thing. I feel like we have bigger holes that need more immediate attention. If we're drafting at #13, that means that Revis is gone. We now have another starter to replace. There's going to be great OL available at that spot, there will also be good DBs and good OLBs. Our defense is so terrible at rushing the passer, I would not be upset if we double dipped at the OLB position in the 1st round. A great pass rush will do more to beat Brady than Austin.

Finally from the mocks I'm reading, there's going to be 2 or 3 good safeties available in the top of the 2nd. Again, if Revis is gone, shoring up the secondary is going to be a major issue. If we sign D Landry and Leonhard like you have us doing, any TE (including Keller who we now play twice a year) is going to have monster games against us. Neither of those guys can cover anyone.



Hes not being called that because hes from Africa... Hes compared to him because hes raw and a freak athlete like him, both had similar size., though I think Ansah tested better. Ansah also was dominant at the senior bowl. The Jets could afford to go through growing pains with a young player since they aren't expected to contend, him playing a lot as a rookie won't impact his future any way. I didn't understand why BYU used him like they did. They seemed to have him inside way too much, when hes freakishly athletic and should have been on the outside more. Instead of him having to try to fight off double teams inside.


Moore and Jones don't have the upside IMO. Neither impress me on the field. I didn't strictly base this off of workout numbers..

Having a game changer on offense is a luxury? Our problem on offense besides QB is that we lack playmakers at the skill positions. Clyde Gates is terrible, he was released from a team with bad WRs and the only reason he played here was because of Sparano and how bad our WRs were. Jeremy Kerley is the only reason I question taking Austin, but watching him play makes me want him on the Jets.


There will be good safeties throughout the draft, this is the deepest safety class in years. The safety I had us taking is no scrub. Idk if he'll even fall to round 3. We are pretty bare at TE and in Marty's system a good pass catching TE helps. There are a lot of TEs I like in this draft. Zach Ertz would fit in well and gives us another weapon on offense, which is what we need considering how bad our skill players were last season... We had the worst skill players on offense in the NFL last season.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,000
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

Moore and Jones don't impress you on the field because you don't watch college football.

Admittingly, of course.
0

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 26 March 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Moore and Jones don't have the upside IMO. Neither impress me on the field. I didn't strictly base this off of workout numbers..


You're full of shit. There's no way someone can look at the game tape of Ansah and be more impressed by that then Moore or Jones. If either ran a better 40, you'd be having them in your sig. You're just a fan of Ansah's workout.
0

#8 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

- OK...for starters...Jason PIERRE-PAUL is not from Africa. He was born in Florida from Haitian parents. He is getting comparisons to Jason Pierre-Paul because of his size, athleticism, and raw skillset.

- I like the Corey Lemonier pick. I think if the Jets draft an OLB in the first (pick whichever one you like), then a guy like Lemonier or Chase Thomas from Stanford in the middle rounds makes a lot of sense. Neither will likely be a star, but can probably start and contribute a few sacks with good run defense.

- Honestly, I don't know shit about JJ Wilcox, but I love me some Shamarko Thomas in the 3rd round.

Posted Image

a-His name is awesome.
b-He is ridiculously strong and athletic, and produced all over the field at multiple positions.
c-He seems motivated and hard working - see: Parents both died, he's been the head of his family.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

And just for argument's sake, Tavon Austin is not a rich man's Jeremy Kerley. Kerley doesn't have an ounce of the speed or quickness Austin possesses. I'm not sure if Austin is a good pick for the Jets, but if he plays in the NFL anywhere near to what he did in college he'll be a slam dunk you'll be thankful is on the Jets for years.

Question...in a year, when Holmes and Gates are no longer on the team...would you still think Austin is "another small guy?" The Jets lack of offense is just as serious as their lack of pass rush...if the Jets identify Austin as a player, go for it.
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 26 March 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

And just for argument's sake, Tavon Austin is not a rich man's Jeremy Kerley. Kerley doesn't have an ounce of the speed or quickness Austin possesses. I'm not sure if Austin is a good pick for the Jets, but if he plays in the NFL anywhere near to what he did in college he'll be a slam dunk you'll be thankful is on the Jets for years.

Question...in a year, when Holmes and Gates are no longer on the team...would you still think Austin is "another small guy?" The Jets lack of offense is just as serious as their lack of pass rush...if the Jets identify Austin as a player, go for it.


Kerley doesn't have the top end speed that Austin has, that's for sure. However, Kerley has more than enough quickness to get open and be a good slot WR. Austin's speed is impressive... but people forget that the guy is 5'9" and is 174lbs with a small frame so he may top out at 185lbs. That's great for a slot guy, but that's it. He's not going to be your #1. He may be a #2 on a team like the Jets but do you really see him getting open on guys that are 3 inches taller than him (which most DBs are)? What about when he starts getting hit inside by LBs? This kid is great, but he's a featherweight. I'd love him in the 2nd but in the top of the 1st, you better be a WR of the Julio Jones mold. IMHO
0

#11 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 290
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 26 March 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

Moore and Jones don't impress you on the field because you don't watch college football.

Admittingly, of course.


^This. To say Jarvis Jones is not impressive is downright offensive.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#12 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,015
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 26 March 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

You're full of shit. There's no way someone can look at the game tape of Ansah and be more impressed by that then Moore or Jones. If either ran a better 40, you'd be having them in your sig. You're just a fan of Ansah's workout.



I just think Ansah has higher upside. I said the pick is risky. Hes hard to watch because BYU didn't even use him right, they kept him inside way too much when I watch him.

I don't think Jarvis Jones is going to be a great NFL pass rusher. Most of his sacks seem to be coverage sacks or untouched blitzes. I watched entire games of him being a nonfactor, not able to get off of OTs, like vs South Carolina, the only sack he had was when the QB was holding onto the ball for a long time and started running in his direction. Then you have the risk of spinal stenosis, and how many players succeeded with bad workouts and being small?

Moore looked better as a pass rusher than Jones, but my problem is that he looks kind of slow and stiff.


View PostHurricaneJet32, on 26 March 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

- OK...for starters...Jason PIERRE-PAUL is not from Africa. He was born in Florida from Haitian parents. He is getting comparisons to Jason Pierre-Paul because of his size, athleticism, and raw skillset.

- I like the Corey Lemonier pick. I think if the Jets draft an OLB in the first (pick whichever one you like), then a guy like Lemonier or Chase Thomas from Stanford in the middle rounds makes a lot of sense. Neither will likely be a star, but can probably start and contribute a few sacks with good run defense.

- Honestly, I don't know shit about JJ Wilcox, but I love me some Shamarko Thomas in the 3rd round.

a-His name is awesome.
b-He is ridiculously strong and athletic, and produced all over the field at multiple positions.
c-He seems motivated and hard working - see: Parents both died, he's been the head of his family.




I don't know much about Wilcox either, I just picked him because we need a safety and he had a good senior bowl week. Its not like I am set on any of these picks, I didn't put much time into it either it was pretty quick.
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users