NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mock Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
canuckfan Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:47 PM) buttfumble
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:47 PM) The should have made sure he knew who was calling the time out. Hell Rex was on his right and Marty was on his left.
mgjetman Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:47 PM) Getting lazy with a minute 50 on the clock before half was the nail in the coffin.
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:48 PM) The ref
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:49 PM) There is plenty of blame to spread around. No team should lose a 17 point lead anyway.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:50 PM) DUDS - Miliner and Marty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:50 PM) BRUTAL LOSS
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:52 PM) I really don't blame Marty because it's the refs job to make sure he sees who is calling the timeout. Plus the ball had already been snapped before he even noticed somebody was calling a TO.
mgjetman Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:53 PM) Just gave that game away. WTH!!!
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:54 PM) He didn't even blow the whistle until Geno already had dropped back to pass. The play was already well underway.
bleedsgreen Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:03 PM) I heard it when the ball was already in the air
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) but it shouldn't of come down to that TO blunder
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) we did give up a 18 point lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) so we fucked up and lost
bleedsgreen Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) True
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) time to get ready for MNF
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) Well it sucks when you start to feel the jets are going to lose the game them selves
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) the Vick play worthless
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) that run on 3rd and 5 worthless
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) chris Johnson also I don't know what his numbers were but ivory seemed to be a better back
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:13 PM) Marty just picks the worse time to call those wildcat plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:13 PM) they are drive killers
ROBJETS Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:27 PM) Problem is the corners. We knew this before the start of the season. I was amazed at how well they did last week and the first half but eventually the weakness showed
ROBJETS Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:28 PM) The corner positions will be addressed next year. Technically we are still in a rebuilding phase.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:39 PM) we did go toe to toe against a SB contender and we really shouldn't be heartbroken but if you call yourself a JETS fan and aren't a little pissed over a W that we had in our control then you need to go and hand in your JETS gear ... I'm looking at you 115
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:24 PM) 18 penalties in 2 games
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:25 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) NFL rules state that only the head coach can call a timeout on the sidelines…

Except in Green Bay where anybody up to the third row can call a timeout.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) I love NFL memes
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 PM) SPIDER Y 2 BANANA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 PM) Eagles need to START SANCHEZ abandon the foles ship
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Good morning
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) The title race is REAL
santana Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) Liverpool wtf pk minute 90
santana Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) 05 probably doing an air guitar
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Mock Draft

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

With some FA signings...

S-Dawan Landry

Posted Image

S-Jim Leonhard, birng him back for cheap.

Posted Image

QB-Kevin Kolb. Has experience with Marty Mornhinweg.

Posted Image

OG-Matt Slauson re-signs

Trades-We trade Revis to the Buccaneers for their 2013 1st and 2014 2nd.

9th overall-Ziggy Ansah OLB/DE 6'5 271. Risky pick, but has the highest upside of any pass rusher. I think Dion Jordan goes before us and I am not sure what is happening with Jones. Pick here is between Barkevious Mingo or Ansah (who may also be gone).

Posted Image

13th overall-Tavon Austin WR. Hes a game changer, and for us we need more impact players on offense. His ability to make people miss in the open field along with his blazing speed make him special.

2nd-Zach Ertz TE-6'5

Posted Image

3rd-JJ Wilcox S-6'0 213.
Posted Image

4th-Corey Lemonier OLB-6'4 255
Posted Image

Not going to do the rest as it gets too hard. idk how realistic this all is, but I was bored...

QB-Kevin Kolb, Mark Sanchez, David Garrard.
RB-Bilal Powell, Mike Goodson, Joe MCKnight
WR-Santonio Holmes, Tavon Austin, Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, Jordan White.
TE-Zach Ertz, Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Rueland.
LT-D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LG-Matt Slauson
C-Nick Mangold
RG-Willie Colon
RT-Austin Howard

DE-Quinton Coples
NT-Kenrick Ellis/Antonio Garay
DT-Muhammad Wilkerson
OLB-Ziggy Ansah
ILB-David Harris
ILB-DeMario Davis
OLB-Antwan Barnes/Corey Lemonier
CB-Antonio Cromartie
S-JJ Wilcox, Jim Leonhard
S-Dawan Landry
CB-Kyle Wilson
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

This is a major turd of a draft. If this happens, I'll boo the shit out of my tv.

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 March 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

This is a major turd of a draft. If this happens, I'll boo the shit out of my tv.

Why?
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 25 March 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

Why?

I don't like Ansah at all. I feel like he's basically being labelled at the "next JPP" because there's a lot of personal similarities there (both born in Africa, never seen football until teens etc). Because of that, he's being touted as that Top 10 pick. JPP went to the Giants who basically eased him into his natural role as a pure pass rusher by having him come in on obvious pass rushing downs and play along side 3 other good-to-great pass rushers. That's an ideal environment for a guy like that. On the Jets, Ansah would be asked to play OLB from Day 1 (because he's a #9 pick at a position where we have next to zero). Totally different situation. You're asking a guy who started playing football in 2010 to come in and transition from a position where he did not have great numbers (remember, his stats are mediocre at best, all his hype is based on "potential") to the most complex position in the 3-4 scheme without the benefit of having any serious talent around him. That's a recipe for disaster. I believe that he could be a mega bust or a ProBowler and it all depends on the team he gets drafted by, here he'll be a bust.

The best scenario for our #9 pick is to trade back and grab either Moore or Jones. Yea both had bad combines and blah blah blah but both have had great years rushing the passer. That's what we need. Guys that can rush the passers. Once we have enough talent on this team, then we can draft guys with potential and bring them along slowly. Until then, it's important that we take guys that can contribute off the bat.

Austin to me, is a luxury. He's basically a richer man's version of Jeremy Kerley. With him, Holmes and Austin and Gates (who is ahead of Hill on the depth chart) we have 4 little guys who basically all do the same thing. I feel like we have bigger holes that need more immediate attention. If we're drafting at #13, that means that Revis is gone. We now have another starter to replace. There's going to be great OL available at that spot, there will also be good DBs and good OLBs. Our defense is so terrible at rushing the passer, I would not be upset if we double dipped at the OLB position in the 1st round. A great pass rush will do more to beat Brady than Austin.

Finally from the mocks I'm reading, there's going to be 2 or 3 good safeties available in the top of the 2nd. Again, if Revis is gone, shoring up the secondary is going to be a major issue. If we sign D Landry and Leonhard like you have us doing, any TE (including Keller who we now play twice a year) is going to have monster games against us. Neither of those guys can cover anyone.

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 26 March 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

I don't like Ansah at all. I feel like he's basically being labelled at the "next JPP" because there's a lot of personal similarities there (both born in Africa, never seen football until teens etc). Because of that, he's being touted as that Top 10 pick. JPP went to the Giants who basically eased him into his natural role as a pure pass rusher by having him come in on obvious pass rushing downs and play along side 3 other good-to-great pass rushers. That's an ideal environment for a guy like that. On the Jets, Ansah would be asked to play OLB from Day 1 (because he's a #9 pick at a position where we have next to zero). Totally different situation. You're asking a guy who started playing football in 2010 to come in and transition from a position where he did not have great numbers (remember, his stats are mediocre at best, all his hype is based on "potential") to the most complex position in the 3-4 scheme without the benefit of having any serious talent around him. That's a recipe for disaster. I believe that he could be a mega bust or a ProBowler and it all depends on the team he gets drafted by, here he'll be a bust.

The best scenario for our #9 pick is to trade back and grab either Moore or Jones. Yea both had bad combines and blah blah blah but both have had great years rushing the passer. That's what we need. Guys that can rush the passers. Once we have enough talent on this team, then we can draft guys with potential and bring them along slowly. Until then, it's important that we take guys that can contribute off the bat.

Austin to me, is a luxury. He's basically a richer man's version of Jeremy Kerley. With him, Holmes and Austin and Gates (who is ahead of Hill on the depth chart) we have 4 little guys who basically all do the same thing. I feel like we have bigger holes that need more immediate attention. If we're drafting at #13, that means that Revis is gone. We now have another starter to replace. There's going to be great OL available at that spot, there will also be good DBs and good OLBs. Our defense is so terrible at rushing the passer, I would not be upset if we double dipped at the OLB position in the 1st round. A great pass rush will do more to beat Brady than Austin.

Finally from the mocks I'm reading, there's going to be 2 or 3 good safeties available in the top of the 2nd. Again, if Revis is gone, shoring up the secondary is going to be a major issue. If we sign D Landry and Leonhard like you have us doing, any TE (including Keller who we now play twice a year) is going to have monster games against us. Neither of those guys can cover anyone.

Hes not being called that because hes from Africa... Hes compared to him because hes raw and a freak athlete like him, both had similar size., though I think Ansah tested better. Ansah also was dominant at the senior bowl. The Jets could afford to go through growing pains with a young player since they aren't expected to contend, him playing a lot as a rookie won't impact his future any way. I didn't understand why BYU used him like they did. They seemed to have him inside way too much, when hes freakishly athletic and should have been on the outside more. Instead of him having to try to fight off double teams inside.

Moore and Jones don't have the upside IMO. Neither impress me on the field. I didn't strictly base this off of workout numbers..

Having a game changer on offense is a luxury? Our problem on offense besides QB is that we lack playmakers at the skill positions. Clyde Gates is terrible, he was released from a team with bad WRs and the only reason he played here was because of Sparano and how bad our WRs were. Jeremy Kerley is the only reason I question taking Austin, but watching him play makes me want him on the Jets.

There will be good safeties throughout the draft, this is the deepest safety class in years. The safety I had us taking is no scrub. Idk if he'll even fall to round 3. We are pretty bare at TE and in Marty's system a good pass catching TE helps. There are a lot of TEs I like in this draft. Zach Ertz would fit in well and gives us another weapon on offense, which is what we need considering how bad our skill players were last season... We had the worst skill players on offense in the NFL last season.
Posted Image

#6 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

Moore and Jones don't impress you on the field because you don't watch college football.

Admittingly, of course.

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 26 March 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Moore and Jones don't have the upside IMO. Neither impress me on the field. I didn't strictly base this off of workout numbers..

You're full of shit. There's no way someone can look at the game tape of Ansah and be more impressed by that then Moore or Jones. If either ran a better 40, you'd be having them in your sig. You're just a fan of Ansah's workout.

#8 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

- OK...for starters...Jason PIERRE-PAUL is not from Africa. He was born in Florida from Haitian parents. He is getting comparisons to Jason Pierre-Paul because of his size, athleticism, and raw skillset.

- I like the Corey Lemonier pick. I think if the Jets draft an OLB in the first (pick whichever one you like), then a guy like Lemonier or Chase Thomas from Stanford in the middle rounds makes a lot of sense. Neither will likely be a star, but can probably start and contribute a few sacks with good run defense.

- Honestly, I don't know shit about JJ Wilcox, but I love me some Shamarko Thomas in the 3rd round.

Posted Image

a-His name is awesome.
b-He is ridiculously strong and athletic, and produced all over the field at multiple positions.
c-He seems motivated and hard working - see: Parents both died, he's been the head of his family.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

And just for argument's sake, Tavon Austin is not a rich man's Jeremy Kerley. Kerley doesn't have an ounce of the speed or quickness Austin possesses. I'm not sure if Austin is a good pick for the Jets, but if he plays in the NFL anywhere near to what he did in college he'll be a slam dunk you'll be thankful is on the Jets for years.

Question...in a year, when Holmes and Gates are no longer on the team...would you still think Austin is "another small guy?" The Jets lack of offense is just as serious as their lack of pass rush...if the Jets identify Austin as a player, go for it.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 26 March 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

And just for argument's sake, Tavon Austin is not a rich man's Jeremy Kerley. Kerley doesn't have an ounce of the speed or quickness Austin possesses. I'm not sure if Austin is a good pick for the Jets, but if he plays in the NFL anywhere near to what he did in college he'll be a slam dunk you'll be thankful is on the Jets for years.

Question...in a year, when Holmes and Gates are no longer on the team...would you still think Austin is "another small guy?" The Jets lack of offense is just as serious as their lack of pass rush...if the Jets identify Austin as a player, go for it.

Kerley doesn't have the top end speed that Austin has, that's for sure. However, Kerley has more than enough quickness to get open and be a good slot WR. Austin's speed is impressive... but people forget that the guy is 5'9" and is 174lbs with a small frame so he may top out at 185lbs. That's great for a slot guy, but that's it. He's not going to be your #1. He may be a #2 on a team like the Jets but do you really see him getting open on guys that are 3 inches taller than him (which most DBs are)? What about when he starts getting hit inside by LBs? This kid is great, but he's a featherweight. I'd love him in the 2nd but in the top of the 1st, you better be a WR of the Julio Jones mold. IMHO

#11 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 26 March 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

Moore and Jones don't impress you on the field because you don't watch college football.

Admittingly, of course.

^This. To say Jarvis Jones is not impressive is downright offensive.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 26 March 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

You're full of shit. There's no way someone can look at the game tape of Ansah and be more impressed by that then Moore or Jones. If either ran a better 40, you'd be having them in your sig. You're just a fan of Ansah's workout.

I just think Ansah has higher upside. I said the pick is risky. Hes hard to watch because BYU didn't even use him right, they kept him inside way too much when I watch him.

I don't think Jarvis Jones is going to be a great NFL pass rusher. Most of his sacks seem to be coverage sacks or untouched blitzes. I watched entire games of him being a nonfactor, not able to get off of OTs, like vs South Carolina, the only sack he had was when the QB was holding onto the ball for a long time and started running in his direction. Then you have the risk of spinal stenosis, and how many players succeeded with bad workouts and being small?

Moore looked better as a pass rusher than Jones, but my problem is that he looks kind of slow and stiff.

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 26 March 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

- OK...for starters...Jason PIERRE-PAUL is not from Africa. He was born in Florida from Haitian parents. He is getting comparisons to Jason Pierre-Paul because of his size, athleticism, and raw skillset.

- I like the Corey Lemonier pick. I think if the Jets draft an OLB in the first (pick whichever one you like), then a guy like Lemonier or Chase Thomas from Stanford in the middle rounds makes a lot of sense. Neither will likely be a star, but can probably start and contribute a few sacks with good run defense.

- Honestly, I don't know shit about JJ Wilcox, but I love me some Shamarko Thomas in the 3rd round.

a-His name is awesome.
b-He is ridiculously strong and athletic, and produced all over the field at multiple positions.
c-He seems motivated and hard working - see: Parents both died, he's been the head of his family.

I don't know much about Wilcox either, I just picked him because we need a safety and he had a good senior bowl week. Its not like I am set on any of these picks, I didn't put much time into it either it was pretty quick.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users