NYJetsFan.com Forums: Why Are Jets Overthinking This? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:09 PM) Atlanta would be a good landing spot for REx. He'll have Matt Ryan there so no need to develop a QB and he'll make the defense better
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:54 PM) He's not a good hc. He'll struggle anywhere.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:07 PM) Idk. I bet if he had a good offensive supporting cast with established players he would do fine. He just can't develop players. It may be like the Gruden going to the Bucs but in reverse
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:19 PM) The Redskins are In this game, I am rooting for them so we move up a spot in the draft
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Why Are Jets Overthinking This?

#1 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

It's obvious both parties (jets and Revis) want to part ways. No QB is worth trading up for this season so trade Revis for a second rounder this year to the buc's and 2014's first rounder. This way we have presumably a top 10 pick next year (ours) and an additional top 20 pick(bucs). Package those two picks together for the first or second overall and scoop up Teddy Bridgewater and get this team moving in the right direction. We will have ridiculous money to spend for additional weapons in 2014 for the rookie and this years draft(13') should be focused on stockpiling starters not necessarily stars. Best case scenario is we go 1-15 have the first pick overall anyway plus an additional first rounder.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

We have no idea what teams are really offering. And there is a good chance that the Bucs 1st rounder this year will be higher than next years.

I have no problem with the Jets waiting it out, try to get the best deal possible. The Bucs are backing off of the other CBs on the market, we are still like 4 weeks away from the draft.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Honestly, a first and second (regardless of the year) in my opinion isn't really good enough. Whoever wants him is going to have to come off of more than that, I feel.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 26 March 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

It's obvious both parties (jets and Revis) want to part ways. No QB is worth trading up for this season so trade Revis for a second rounder this year to the buc's and 2014's first rounder. This way we have presumably a top 10 pick next year (ours) and an additional top 20 pick(bucs). Package those two picks together for the first or second overall and scoop up Teddy Bridgewater and get this team moving in the right direction. We will have ridiculous money to spend for additional weapons in 2014 for the rookie and this years draft(13') should be focused on stockpiling starters not necessarily stars. Best case scenario is we go 1-15 have the first pick overall anyway plus an additional first rounder.

What if Teddy Bridgewater breaks his arm in seven places and never plays football again?

Anyway, first off, we don't know what Revis wants and we don't know what the Jets want. I can tell you that Rex Ryan wants Revis here and since Rex Ryan is either a lame duck coach who will be fired or Woody's Rasputin who is making all the personnel decisions, we don't know wtf is going on in Florham Park. We do know one thing: Revis wants to be paid. We also know that the Jets are going to have a shit ton of money in 2014, 2015 and 2016. The "leaked" numbers from Revis' deal is about $13.5M per year, which is basically what we paid him on his last deal. I'm less certain the Jets are going to trade him than I was a month ago.

The Bucs offer is bullshit. I hate that people are even taking it seriously. Yea, next year's draft is projected to be better, but who cares? I guarantee you that there will be players who aren't even mocked today who will go in the Top 15 in 2014 and vice versa. The standard for discountieng draft picks is one round per future year. The Bucs are essentially giving us a 2nd and 3rd in 2013. I think that that's cheap as hell and the Jets can get that type of offer anytime. If we're dead set on trading Revis, which no one know for sure we are since we have no idea who's making personnel decisions, we'd be wise to hold out for a better package.

#5 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

The sad thing is that this looking like it's going to be a 18 million dollar one year rental for Mevis unfortunately.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#6 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

Lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 27 March 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

The sad thing is that this looking like it's going to be a 18 million dollar one year rental for Mevis unfortunately.

The Bucs reprtedly have worked out a deal with Revis where he'd make a little over $13M a year. Where are you coming up with $18M?

#8 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 26 March 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

Considering it cost the Redskins three first round picks and a second round selection to move up from No.6 to No. 2 to take RG III last year, we'd need far more than the Bucs' first rounder next year to package with ours if we were to move up to No.1 overall in 2014 to take Bridgewater.

I'm with Harlem on this - a 1st and 2nd rounder is nowhere near enough for Revis. A once in a generation talent (even if he is coming back from an injury) and there's so much talk about trading him - it's madness!

#9 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 27 March 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

Considering it cost the Redskins three first round picks and a second round selection to move up from No.6 to No. 2 to take RG III last year, we'd need far more than the Bucs' first rounder next year to package with ours if we were to move up to No.1 overall in 2014 to take Bridgewater.

I'm with Harlem on this - a 1st and 2nd rounder is nowhere near enough for Revis. A once in a generation talent (even if he is coming back from an injury) and there's so much talk about trading him - it's madness!

Believe me I'd love to keep Revis on this team. He's easily my favorite jet of all time but its been proven that a CB does not win superbowls. QB's do. Revis is in my opinion our pawn that would potentially allow the jets to get that QB that will have us in playoff contention year in year out. Like I said in previous post. Maybe we'll keep Revis, pay him the money and still get a top 3 pick based on our teams poor record that we all project is ahead anyway.

Besides I understand Revis is a once in a decade defender but lets be honest. There is a big difference between being the best CB in the league and let's say best WR,RB, or even linebacker. Being the best CB in the league just doesn't have the impact on games that these other high profile positions have. Sure Revis will shut down the opposing teams best reciever but is that really going to prevent the rest of the mediocre defenders from getting picked apart by Brady, Bree's, manning etc..

#10 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

I can't get into another debate about trading Revis again. I just can't. Ill just say that a bunch of you are full of shit because if he's dealt you'll all bitch that the Jets don't have any CBs who can cover receivers. I wonder if there's a select group of Vikings fans who cream themselves at the thought of Peterson being traded
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 27 March 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

I can't get into another debate about trading Revis again. I just can't. Ill just say that a bunch of you are full of shit because if he's dealt you'll all bitch that the Jets don't have any CBs who can cover receivers. I wonder if there's a select group of Vikings fans who cream themselves at the thought of Peterson being traded

I don't want Revis traded either, but you're comparing apples and oranges by bringing up Peterson. Peterson is locked into a long term agreement with (I think) no history of holding out. Revis is a pending free agent who has a history of holding out to get the deal he wants.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#12 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 28 March 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

I don't want Revis traded either, but you're comparing apples and oranges by bringing up Peterson. Peterson is locked into a long term agreement with (I think) no history of holding out. Revis is a pending free agent who has a history of holding out to get the deal he wants.

My point was that there aren't really fans of other teams besides the Jets that are so eager and willing to trade away(at least it isn't as evident in my opinion) their once in a lifetime elite, game changing superstar. You could just as easily I'm that sentence substitute Peterson for a Patrick Willis or Calvin Johnson type
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 28 March 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

My point was that there aren't really fans of other teams besides the Jets that are so eager and willing to trade away(at least it isn't as evident in my opinion) their once in a lifetime elite, game changing superstar. You could just as easily I'm that sentence substitute Peterson for a Patrick Willis or Calvin Johnson type

The Revis situation is unique from them as well for the same reasons. Even as someone who wants Revis on the team, I have to admit that much.

Except for a select few, I don't think anyone was just going around screaming "TRADE REVIS" before all these rumors started surfacing. Now that those rumors are out there, some people think it would be best for the team's future to accelerate the rebuilding process. I understand both sides of the argument.

"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#14 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Some would want him traded for a box of condoms...but that's neither here nor there
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

the jets do not want to part ways with the best defensive player in football and the bets player they've had in decades. the problem is the business side. there is teh cap, how much he will cost to keep, how much other needs we have, and what we can get. idzyk has to weigh his options. if revis walks next ear and we get nothing it would be a huge fail, if he pays him 15 mil it could hamper the teams cap room, if he trades and doesn't get anything good in rturn (bad value and picks bad players) he'll look bad. he has to wieght his optioins
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 26 March 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

What if Teddy Bridgewater breaks his arm in seven places and never plays football again?

Anyway, first off, we don't know what Revis wants and we don't know what the Jets want. I can tell you that Rex Ryan wants Revis here and since Rex Ryan is either a lame duck coach who will be fired or Woody's Rasputin who is making all the personnel decisions, we don't know wtf is going on in Florham Park. We do know one thing: Revis wants to be paid. We also know that the Jets are going to have a shit ton of money in 2014, 2015 and 2016. The "leaked" numbers from Revis' deal is about $13.5M per year, which is basically what we paid him on his last deal. I'm less certain the Jets are going to trade him than I was a month ago.

The Bucs offer is bullshit. I hate that people are even taking it seriously. Yea, next year's draft is projected to be better, but who cares? I guarantee you that there will be players who aren't even mocked today who will go in the Top 15 in 2014 and vice versa. The standard for discountieng draft picks is one round per future year. The Bucs are essentially giving us a 2nd and 3rd in 2013. I think that that's cheap as hell and the Jets can get that type of offer anytime. If we're dead set on trading Revis, which no one know for sure we are since we have no idea who's making personnel decisions, we'd be wise to hold out for a better package.

Very well said SHJ

#17 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 27 March 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

The Bucs reprtedly have worked out a deal with Revis where he'd make a little over $13M a year. Where are you coming up with $18M?

Easy....9 million for this year & the 9 million in dead money he counts against next year's cap. 9+9=18
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#18 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 29 March 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Easy....9 million for this year & the 9 million in dead money he counts against next year's cap. 9+9=18

He won't count as dead money against the cap in 2014 because the Jets won't cut him. He has the option to opt out of the contract, if he does, that contract is nullified.

#19 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 March 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

He won't count as dead money against the cap in 2014 because the Jets won't cut him. He has the option to opt out of the contract, if he does, that contract is nullified.

If he leaves via free agency, he counts 9 million against the cap in dead money in 2014. Check again.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users