NYJetsFan.com Forums: Gay Nfl Player To Come Out Publicly Soon - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

"We're not a bad football team; we just do stupid stuff," said Eric Decker
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:28 PM) Jose Canseco just pulled a Plaxico Burress.
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:01 PM) Shot himself in the leg?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Shot his middle finger
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM) Suck for the Duck
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:57 AM) Milber didnt die for this
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 October 2014 - 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Gay Nfl Player To Come Out Publicly Soon sh!t about to hit the fan

#1 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Who ever it is. Hope its not a jet. We can't afford this spotlight.

Former NFL player Scott Fujita has seen enough. He's tired of the bigotry. He wants it to end. He's not alone.

Players like Fujita, along with a coalition of current and former NFL players, and NFL team owners, a music mogul and others, are working diligently to create a safe atmosphere for the day history will happen: when an openly gay man will be a member of an NFL club. People like Fujita -- brave people -- are attempting to make the issue a non-issue for when that day comes.

And there are serious indications that day may come sooner than later. While I've long believed I would not see an openly gay NFL player for decades, that might be wrong.

Based on interviews over the past several weeks with current and former players, I'm told that a current gay NFL player is strongly considering coming out publicly within the next few months -- and after doing so, the player would attempt to continue his career.

I'm told this player feels the time is now for someone to take this step -- despite homophobic remarks from San Francisco 49ers defensive back Chris Culliver and the controversy arising recently at the Indianapolis Scouting combine, when prospects were asked questions about their sexuality.

This player's true concern, I'm told, is not the reaction inside an NFL locker room but outside of it. The player fears he will suffer serious harm from homophobic fans, and that is the only thing preventing him from coming out. My sources will not say who this alleged player is.

There has never been an active openly gay player in a major American team sport, but the information I've gathered on the player in question comes from several current and former players.

"I honestly think the players of the NFL have been ready for an openly gay player for quite some time now," said Fujita, a free agent linebacker who has played for the Chiefs, Cowboys, Saints and Browns. "Trust me, the coming out of a player would create much bigger waves outside the locker room than inside. The way I've seen the conversation around LGBT issues evolve, especially in the past few years, has been encouraging. Guys are more accepting than they used to be. Even those who raise personal objections to homosexuality, some of whom are good friends of mine, would still be able to coexist and accept a gay teammate."

Over the past few days there's been a flurry of activity on the issue including a brief filed by Fujita and others in support of a marriage equality case before the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court on Tuesday will hear oral arguments on California's Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage. Opponents of the proposition say it discriminates against gay men and women.

To Fujita and others, this is an important case that could have ramifications in the NFL. If the Supreme Court overturns Proposition 8, it would send yet another signal to closeted gay NFL players that the environment is changing for the better.

The brief's supporters are impressive. They include: Giants co-owner Steve Tisch; Demaurice Smith, executive director of the NFLPA; Vikings punter Chris Kluwe, Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo; Marie Tillman, co-founder of the Pat Tillman Foundation; Russell Simmons, founder of Def Jam Records; former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans; Browns center Alex Mack; and NFL players Connor Barwin, D'Qwell Jackson, Tom Crabtree, Eric Winston and Scott Shanle, among others.

There is a feeling among people who have fought this battle for years that a corner is about to be turned. I don't know. While my faith in humanity remains tepid, it's balanced by my faith in people like Fujita.

#2 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

You'll get the handful of morons to say stupid shit(fans and players alike) but largely I think whoever it is will get a lot of support in this.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

not giving a shit would probably be a better reaction to all this
and who cares who this person plays for
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#4 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Hey..That's that guy's business. I really don't give a shit but I care about the jets. We really don't need this after tebow and clown wagon. That's just my opinion.

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

I could care less if a guy in the NFL or my neighbor is gay. Who am I to judge? Can he help us win and be a good citizen is the question.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 26 March 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

Hey..That's that guy's business. I really don't give a shit but I care about the jets. We really don't need this after tebow and clown wagon. That's just my opinion.

This would (hopefully) be positive news, a welcome change for the Jets. I hope he's a Jet.

$100 on Sanchez...
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   stu23 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Wouldn't be a big deal at all and if it's a Jets player, yes, it would be magnified, but again, no big deal.

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

I hope it's Brady Quinn.

#9 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

View Poststu23, on 26 March 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

Wouldn't be a big deal at all and if it's a Jets player, yes, it would be magnified, but again, no big deal.

It would be a big deal if it were Tim Tebow. Then again to the media it's a big deal when Tim Tebow brushes his teeth.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#10 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

I bet its a big fat lineman

#11 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

View Postreg83ny, on 26 March 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

I can't imagine why a player wouldn't want to come out...

"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#12 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

My money's on Tebow. Who would be shocked if it were Colin Kaepernick? I honestly could care less. Obviously if its a veteran, nobody can really complain very much about them being on the team considering it was never an issue prior to the announcement.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#13 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Tom Brady? His marriage to giselle a sham? Makes sense to me....but whoever it is, it's 2013. Nobody should really give a shit. We aren't living in the 1950's....

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#14 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Looking forward to the 'MAN IS GAY SHOCK' headlines. Really in the 21st century this shouldn't be an issue.

#15 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 27 March 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

Looking forward to the 'MAN IS GAY SHOCK' headlines. Really in the 21st century this shouldn't be an issue.

yep probably should just delete this topic all together

not news who cares

#16 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

I love that you guys say that it's no big deal. It makes my liberal heart swell with pride. BUT let's not act like this wouldn't be an issue. There are still a good number of shitheads like Tank Carder and Chris Culliver in the the league and we all know that some fans of opposing teams will use it against him. I mean a totally rational person can quickly become irrational and lose their heads when it comes to heckling players on the other team. We've all seen what our fellow fans are capable of in the heat of the moment of an intense game. I mean it won't be like the kind of shit Jackie Robinson had to deal with, but it'll still be used to try to play mind games with the guy from time to time. Plus there is likely at least one Tank Carder on every NFL team. So it won't be all peaches and cream for the first openly gay NFL player, even in 2013.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#17 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

View Postsantana, on 27 March 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

yep probably should just delete this topic all together

not news who cares

How is this not news. Its football. Its the first ever player to come out publicly. It's all over sports radio today. Not just sports radio but CNN got it. Not to mention the big gay marriage debate going on right now. You don't like a topic so you want to delete. Absolute power corrupts absolutely

#18 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 27 March 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

How is this not news. Its football. Its the first ever player to come out publicly. It's all over sports radio today. Not just sports radio but CNN got it. Not to mention the big gay marriage debate going on right now. You don't like a topic so you want to delete. Absolute power corrupts absolutely

lofl

i'm sure there is a cnn or tmz forum out there that can accommodate you nicely

#19 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Id love for it to be someone on the Jets...shit like that would expose some true colors on this board
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

Seahawks' Chris Clemons: Gay player coming out would be 'selfish act'
By John Breech | CBSSports.com
March 28, 2013 7:09 pm ET

Seahawks DE Chris Clemons thinks a gay NFL player coming out would be a 'selfish act.' (USATSI)
Former Cleveland Browns linebacker Scott Fujita thinks the NFL is ready for an openly gay player and Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo thinks a player coming out will happen in the very near future.

But, as one can imagine, not all NFL players are on board with having an openly gay player and Seattle Seahawks defensive end Chris Clemons is one of them. To be clear, Clemons said he has no problem with a gay player, he just thinks a player coming out while in the NFL would be a 'selfish act' because the player would be trying to make himself bigger than the team.

Clemons started a conversation about a gay player coming out on Twitter with the following tweet:

As you'll read in his followup tweets below, Clemons wonders why a gay player wouldn't just come out in high school or college where there would be considerably less media coverage and public scrutiny:

Clemons was then asked if he was against a gay player coming out or just against a gay player waiting until he's in the NFL to come out:

One of Clemons' followers then said that they weren't liking Clemons' tweets on a gay NFL player coming out and that locker rooms need to get over their homophobia. Here's what Clemons responded with:

Clemons can't be the only player in the league that doesn't think a gay player should come out, which makes Fujita's recent comments to CBSSport.com's Mike Freeman more interesting. "I honestly think the players of the NFL have been ready for an openly gay player for quite some time now," Fujita said. "Trust me, the coming out of a player would create much bigger waves outside the locker room than inside."

Based on what he tweeted, Clemons seems receptive to playing with an openly gay player as long as that player comes out before they reach the NFL. However, if any players share Clemons' opinion, then an NFL player coming out could make equally big waves in and out of the locker room.

Clemons is rehabbing a surgically repaired ACL. The veteran defensive end suffered the tear in the Seahawks Wild Card playoff win over the Redskins.

Keep your eye on everything NFL by following John Breech on Twitter: @JohnBreech.

Tags: Brendon Ayanbadejo, Chris Clemons, Scott Fujita, Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Seattle Seahawks, NFL

Posted ImagePosted Image

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users