NYJetsFan.com Forums: Source: Cards Closing In On Deal For Carson Palmer [Update - Trade Complete] - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS LACK OF REDZONE OFFENSE STILL CURSING THE DEFENSE
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) Gg03 would be a terrif
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) what is the "initiation"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:47 PM) :zz:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) and no I will not say that Idzik needs to be canned cause he doesn't
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) he just needs to find talent at the CB and WR positions while also improving in positions that are currently our strengths like DL and OL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:30 PM) Fire idzik!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 01:45 PM) Best part of last night was Wayne Chrebet going onto the Ring of Honor
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:04 PM) u think our oline is a strength? did u not see geno getting killed out there?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:04 PM) LG is a shit position, colon is old and nto much left in the tank, brick and mangold are in decline, and brent is a below average RT at best
santana Icon : (Today, 04:26 PM) initiation is you have to high 5.... 5 pats fans in the span of a week
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) i wonder how ronny is doing as a fins fan lol.
santana Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) I think he got sick of being an nfl fan all together
santana Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) but thats just speculation
santana Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) I know its starting to make me sick
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) bad refs excessive commercials
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) shitty services available to stream it
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) loads of penalties
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) annoying replay system
santana Icon : (Today, 04:57 PM) ambiguous rules where the ref has to fucking explain everything to you
santana Icon : (Today, 04:58 PM) oh and the constant violence out side of the game. domestic abuse. murders. dui cases. gun charges. young players wanting to smoke weed with less repercussion. veteran players wanting less hgh testing to stay healthy and in the league
santana Icon : (Today, 04:59 PM) BUY BUD LIGHT GUYS AND A TACOMA NATIONWIDE IS ON YOUR SIDE PAPAJOHNS DISCOUNT DOUBLE fuck you you will buy it!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:59 PM) end rant
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 05:08 PM) lol NFL is a big money business, sometimes to run something that big, your gonna have some a-holes involved. any big company is like that
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 05:10 PM) i might not wanna read this then http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38459
santana Icon : (Today, 05:11 PM) yeah heard about it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:47 PM) Ellis Lankster has been cut by the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) Phillip Adams should of been cut not Lankster
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) IMO
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) especially since Adams got fooled on that TD last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:02 PM) and still I'm not a mod WTF?!?!?!?!
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:09 PM) didn't pass initiation
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:51 PM) really? They cut Lankster? Phillip Adams doesn't belong on a NFL roster, that guy is just terrible. At least Lankster is a ST stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:52 PM) why not sign a Champ Bailey or Asante Samuel, at least those guys know how to play. Phillip Adams just embarrassed himself on that one TD play, like that is cut worthy.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:53 PM) Idk if it's Idzik or the order is from Woody, but the Jets are too f***ing cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:14 PM) If we can get Milber healthy and playing, we would be in better shape. He would be our #1 CB and then we have more depth. I don't think Allen and Walls are that bad.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:21 PM) I believe they are trying to roll cap space into next year.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:21 PM) Meanwhile back in hazard county....
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:34 PM) f*** initiation just make it fuckin happen
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:34 PM) :ranting3:
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:48 PM) Gg03 wants to be overpaid
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:52 PM) Greedy little street thug!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:20 PM) yeah cause getting 0 is going to help me join a country club
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:21 PM) I just want the title of moderator
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:21 PM) make it happen
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:21 PM) NOW!!!! I've waited 10 freakin years
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Source: Cards Closing In On Deal For Carson Palmer [Update - Trade Complete]

#1 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

http://sports.yahoo....-155454903.html

Source: Cards closing in on deal for Carson Palmer
2 hours 11 minutes ago
Email

The Arizona Cardinals are close to finalizing a trade with the Oakland Raiders that would bring veteran quarterback Carson Palmer to the desert, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

Panthers DE Charles Johnson chases after Carson Palmer last season. (Getty)
Though the deal, which would likely cost the Cardinals a late-round pick in the 2013 draft, has not yet been finalized, it is "likely to be soon," according to a source familiar with negotiations between the two teams.
Palmer, due to make $13 million in 2013, would also agree to a new contract that substantially reduces his salary.
The situation is nonetheless amenable to Palmer given his current lack of faith in the Raiders' rebuilding efforts. As Y! Sports reported last week, Palmer refused to restructure his contract with Oakland because he hoped to play elsewhere.
The Raiders, in turn, responded by reportedly trading for Seattle Seahawks backup quarterback Matt Flynn. That made Palmer expendable, and the Cardinals stepped up to grab him. Arizona had previously signed former Indianapolis Colts quarterback Drew Stanton in free agency and holds the seventh overall pick in the upcoming draft, but Palmer would be the presumptive starter.
The Cardinals have some interest in North Carolina State quarterback Mike Glennon, who might be available in the second round and could be groomed as Palmer’s successor.

Geno is gonna drop to us and that sucks. Hes not a first round talent. He'll go in the 1st this year only because it's such a weak qb year.
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#2 User is offline   DamonWB Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Geno Smith is a first round talent. Easy!
Listen to what REAL talent scouts say, not blowhard NY Media wanta be NFL guys say.
Is He is Luck or RG3, no. He was a Heisman Finalist until teams figured the Mountaineers out. They had no running game.
A year behind Sanchez and I think we'd have a winner.
Maybe we'd have a Brees/Rivers problem. Sanchez finds his groove and we trade him for something good.
A man can dream.

#3 User is offline   greenandwhite4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:Sports, specifically football. Would love to be an analyst on ESPN after I'm done with college, and also movies and drama tv like Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sopranos,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Nah, Geno is gonna go to the Jags i believe.

#4 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

seems like a done deal

palmer is a cardinal
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#5 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

@AdamSchefter: Cardinals trade for Carson Palmer now official.
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostDamonWB, on 01 April 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

Geno Smith is a first round talent. Easy!
Listen to what REAL talent scouts say, not blowhard NY Media wanta be NFL guys say.
Is He is Luck or RG3, no. He was a Heisman Finalist until teams figured the Mountaineers out. They had no running game.
A year behind Sanchez and I think we'd have a winner.
Maybe we'd have a Brees/Rivers problem. Sanchez finds his groove and we trade him for something good.
A man can dream.

Geno is that you?

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

The Cardinals sent the second of their sixth-round picks (176th overall) to the Raiders in exchange for Oakland's seventh-round pick (219th overall). In addition, the Raiders will receive for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2014 draft if Palmer starts 13 games for Arizona in 2013, a league source told ESPN

#8 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

man if only such an offer was available for sanchez
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users