NYJetsFan.com Forums: Revis Must Attend For Bonus - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:55 PM) we need to start doing that shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:55 PM) our D needs to start making shit like that happen
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) fuck that penalty
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) "going on your knees" stupidest shit ever
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) let them do the end zone celebrations
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) thank you KC for slaughtering these overrated fucks
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Revis Must Attend For Bonus

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,013
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

Quote

Darrelle Revis must attend for bonus

Another storm has developed between Darrelle Revis and the New York Jets. This time, the issue is the offseason conditioning program, which begins April 15.

Even though they may trade him before or during the April 25 draft, the Jets plan to enforce language in the star cornerback's contract that requires him to participate in the voluntary workouts to collect bonus money, sources said.

Revis has been rehabbing his surgically repaired knee with his personal trainer in Arizona and, with an uncertain future, he'd prefer to stay there at least through the draft to focus on his rehab and avoid a potentially uncomfortable situation, according to sources.

His presence at the Jets' training facility would be awkward to say the least, also creating a possible distraction for the team. The Jets have been shopping him for almost two months.

But, barring a change of heart, Revis is expected to fly to New Jersey for the start of the conditioning program. He won't be thrilled, but he has $3 million riding on it.

When Revis renegotiated his contract in 2010, following his second holdout in three years, he agreed to a clause that requires his attendance in all offseason activities -- even non-mandatory workouts, sources said.

If Revis doesn't participate in approximately 80 percent of the workouts, he will forfeit not only a $1 million workout bonus, but two other bonuses -- a $1 million roster bonus (triggered March 17, but payable at a later date) and a $1 million reporting bonus at the start of training camp.

They're tied together, providing significant financial motivation to attend. It was the Jets' way of making sure Revis stays on his best behavior, an aspect of his four-year, $46 million contract that was kept relatively quiet -- until now.

Revis always has been a regular in the offseason program -- even in 2010, when he staged a lengthy training-camp holdout -- but this isn't a normal offseason because of his injury and a possible trade.

Nevertheless, the team is holding his feet to the fire -- or, in this case, his knee, insisting that he show for the offseason.

The Jets declined comment, but they're aware of his feelings about the offseason program, sources said.

Throughout the offseason, general manager John Idzik has maintained the team's priority is Revis' health. He underwent ACL surgery last October and, barring a setback, should be ready for the start of training camp.

Idzik said recently he has no problem with Revis rehabbing in Arizona, but he also said, "I can't wait to see Darrelle in the building." The Jets have received weekly updates on his progress, but they'd also like their doctors to examine him.

If the Jets allow Revis to skip the early part of the offseason program, it could hurt their leverage in trade talks because it would give the impression they've decided to deal him.

Right now, their best form of leverage is that he's under contract for another year, allowing the Jets to convey the message they're under no obligation to trade him.

"I think as we get into the offseason program -- it's all voluntary -- but you would hope that most of your players want to be there and be in the building and get the juices flowing with our staff and everybody that we have," Idzik said at the scouting combine in late February.

"We have a fine medical staff. We have a great training staff. We have tremendous facilities, so we feel that we have a lot to offer Darrelle and all of our players. We would hope that they would be there, but at the end of the day, it's what's best for Darrelle, how can we get him to clear medically and get back to the field to where he was before as quickly as possible."

It's not that simple, of course.

Revis will become an unrestricted free agent after the season (they can't use the franchise tag on him, per his contract) and the Jets appear reluctant to sign him to a long-term extension. As a result, they've been dangling him in trade talks.

Idzik and owner Woody Johnson are playing a game of semantics, insisting they're not actively shopping Revis but making it clear they'd consider a trade it if would help the team. Revis is in limbo, wondering if he'll be back.

So far, only one serious suitor has emerged 00 the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

There was heated speculation at last month's league meetings of a possible deal, but the talk has died down in recent weeks. The issue could be whether the Bucs are willing to include their first-round pick (13th overall) in a compensation package.


http://espn.go.com/n...orkouts-sources
0

#2 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

  • 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 4,139
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey - Home of New York Jets Football.

  • NFL Team:

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostChaos, on 07 April 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:


Good for Idzik. Finally we have a GM with some balls. Tananboob would have let Revis hang comfortably in AZ till the draft.
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Wow talk about creating a storm over nothing. I'm sure the minute the ink dried on the contract in 2010, Revis knew he'd be attending every workout.
0

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,593
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

View Postbluelinecop, on 07 April 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

Good for Idzik. Finally we have a GM with some balls. Tananboob would have let Revis hang comfortably in AZ till the draft.


really so piss off your star more, interrupt his rehab for the purpose of flexing your muscle?

I hate idzyk already
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,551
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 08 April 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

really so piss off your star more, interrupt his rehab for the purpose of flexing your muscle?

I hate idzyk already


Where is it flexing muscle? It's also not interrupting any rehab. It's allowing him to utilize a state of the art facility while the team actually gets to determine where Revis is with his rehab firsthand rather than reports that Revis is paying to have sent. You think he should be allowed to come in, say hi and fly back out to Arizona?

f*** that. Revis made sure he collected his paycheck for not playing last year after the injury & he wants that 3 million in bonus money, so he needs to make sure his ass is right where that "band aid" says he needs to be. I'm a HUGE fan of Idzik with this move. He and the Jets staff get to evaluate Revis to determine his progress and value whether that be value intended to stay a Jet or trade value. The Jets can't determine that value if he's in Arizona. What are they supposed to do? Believe what Revis is having his people send to the team? Yeah.....okay. Just like he was "happy" with the deal. Right up until it dropped below 16.25 million per year when it became a "band aid" remember?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,593
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 08 April 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

Where is it flexing muscle? It's also not interrupting any rehab. It's allowing him to utilize a state of the art facility while the team actually gets to determine where Revis is with his rehab firsthand rather than reports that Revis is paying to have sent. You think he should be allowed to come in, say hi and fly back out to Arizona?

f*** that. Revis made sure he collected his paycheck for not playing last year after the injury & he wants that 3 million in bonus money, so he needs to make sure his ass is right where that "band aid" says he needs to be. I'm a HUGE fan of Idzik with this move. He and the Jets staff get to evaluate Revis to determine his progress and value whether that be value intended to stay a Jet or trade value. The Jets can't determine that value if he's in Arizona. What are they supposed to do? Believe what Revis is having his people send to the team? Yeah.....okay. Just like he was "happy" with the deal. Right up until it dropped below 16.25 million per year when it became a "band aid" remember?


state of the art? yup cause all teams have their ream doctors do surgery lol. he is in the best care with specialists and the team that he has been rehabbing with for the past 8 months
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,551
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

state of the art? yup cause all teams have their ream doctors do surgery lol. he is in the best care with specialists and the team that he has been rehabbing with for the past 8 months


Yes state of the art. Have you been inside the facility in Florham Park? I have.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#8 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,787
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

do you even lift bro
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,921
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 08 April 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

Where is it flexing muscle? It's also not interrupting any rehab. It's allowing him to utilize a state of the art facility while the team actually gets to determine where Revis is with his rehab firsthand rather than reports that Revis is paying to have sent. You think he should be allowed to come in, say hi and fly back out to Arizona?


I agree with this statement. Lets get our own eyes on him and see where he is. Just makes to much sense.
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,921
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

state of the art? yup cause all teams have their ream doctors do surgery lol. he is in the best care with specialists and the team that he has been rehabbing with for the past 8 months

For me it is not about who has a better Dr or bigger dick. It is about getting our own opinion on where he is and where he could be by week one. Trusting Revis' paid staff would be crazy. Not to mention he should see and spend some time with his team, even if we will more than likely trade him.
Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,593
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 11 April 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

For me it is not about who has a better Dr or bigger dick. It is about getting our own opinion on where he is and where he could be by week one. Trusting Revis' paid staff would be crazy. Not to mention he should see and spend some time with his team, even if we will more than likely trade him.


cause we couldn't send a doctor out there to evaluate him? there are other options then forcing him away form his dr and rehab team of 8 months into the care of the jets staff, who we just hired a new doctor cause the one for the past like 8 years before that was a fraud. don't you remember that?
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,921
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 11 April 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

cause we couldn't send a doctor out there to evaluate him? there are other options then forcing him away form his dr and rehab team of 8 months into the care of the jets staff, who we just hired a new doctor cause the one for the past like 8 years before that was a fraud. don't you remember that?

I don't see the connection from last years doctors to this years. Are saying they hired another fraud? Seems like you are trying to muddy the water here. As far as sending a doctor out there... Couple things

1. He is an employee of the Jets. Getting paid as a jet. Why would we pay him to be a Jet and pay a doctor to travel to see him? Not to mention why would we remove said doctor from our facility who is probably doing other things for the team to do this when Revis is required to be here. Makes no sense to do that to me

2. Revis will be here for multiple days. Allowing the doctors, training staff and coaches to evaluate him and how he performs day to day. Again we will not benefit from sending a doctor out there.

3. How about if he brings his staff here if he is so worried that he will regress with out them.
Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,593
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 11 April 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

I don't see the connection from last years doctors to this years. Are saying they hired another fraud? Seems like you are trying to muddy the water here. As far as sending a doctor out there... Couple things

1. He is an employee of the Jets. Getting paid as a jet. Why would we pay him to be a Jet and pay a doctor to travel to see him? Not to mention why would we remove said doctor from our facility who is probably doing other things for the team to do this when Revis is required to be here. Makes no sense to do that to me

2. Revis will be here for multiple days. Allowing the doctors, training staff and coaches to evaluate him and how he performs day to day. Again we will not benefit from sending a doctor out there.

3. How about if he brings his staff here if he is so worried that he will regress with out them.


I'm saying that being a team doctor doesn't make you an expert on ACLs

1) because you do whats best for the team, and best for the team is a healthy revis. so you don't interrupt his rehab.

2) We don't benefit form taking him away form his current rehab team

3) we don't know who he is rehabbing with or their shceudle but i doubt all of tehm can up and relocate on a moment snotice
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#14 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,041
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

115 is the new Vilma#51
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#15 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,551
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 12 April 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

I'm saying that being a team doctor doesn't make you an expert on ACLs

1) because you do whats best for the team, and best for the team is a healthy revis. so you don't interrupt his rehab.

2) We don't benefit form taking him away form his current rehab team

3) we don't know who he is rehabbing with or their shceudle but i doubt all of tehm can up and relocate on a moment snotice



Here's a question for you.......if Revis wanted an "expert" on ACL's why didn't he use James Andrews for his surgery rather than the NY Giants TEAM doctor to perform his surgery? Apparently Revis thought a "team doctor" was expert enough.

Just as Revis doesn't give a flying fvck about the Jets, it's not on the Jets to care about who Revis is working out with because he chooses to or what THEIR schedules are. The only schedule that matters is the one that Revis signed the contract to adhere to. He made sure the Jets kept paying him last season because of that contract even though he didn't play, so now he gets to come back to Jersey and do as he's told otherwise he gives back 3 million.

And as for "interrupting" his rehab......is 10 days going to make THAT much of a difference to him? I doubt it. It's only a 10 day difference between the start of workouts and the draft.

As for Santana's question of it I lift or not........yes. As a matter of fact I do. But.....before you even go there, don't act like Revis isn't familiar with the facility considering he's been "working out" there since it's been built. Florham Park has everything his "personal trainers" have and more. Since they're on his payroll, they can jump their as$es on a plane with him if he's that concerned about it. The Jets aren't FORCING him to do anything. The choice is entirely his. He can choose to stay in Arizona if he wishes to. He'd just give up 3 million in the process. My bet is he shows up because he cares more about money than anything else. He's not playing because he's got a love for the game. That may have been the case 15-20 years ago for him, but the past 6 have been all about the Benjamins & Clevelands (on the 1000).
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#16 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,041
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 14 April 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

My bet is he shows up because he cares more about money than anything else. He's not playing because he's got a love for the game.

Who is? It's all about the money with everyone. If any player( or person on general for that matter) said any differently then they're lying. I don't know why you're holding Revis to this higher standard than everyone else. You'd be cool if he was a good boy and signed whatever the Jets were offering.

Why are we all clear with the fact that it's a business but it's a bad thing when someone is looking to accumulate as much money as possible in an occupation where the average career span is four years. You would be the same way if you had the opportunities to maximize your earnings like Darrelle Revis. If you say any differently then you're a damn liar.
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#17 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,551
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 14 April 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

Who is? It's all about the money with everyone. If any player( or person on general for that matter) said any differently then they're lying. I don't know why you're holding Revis to this higher standard than everyone else. You'd be cool if he was a good boy and signed whatever the Jets were offering.

Why are we all clear with the fact that it's a business but it's a bad thing when someone is looking to accumulate as much money as possible in an occupation where the average career span is four years. You would be the same way if you had the opportunities to maximize your earnings like Darrelle Revis. If you say any differently then you're a damn liar.


Don't take it as me singling him out because it's not meant that way. I would be trying to get every dollar I could while I could too. I wouldn't have asked for more money 4 times in 6 years, AND I still do NOT hold his FIRST holdout against him.

My post was meant to point out that the odds of the Jets re-signing Revis after the 2013 season are astronomical at best because he knows for a fact that Tampa is interested and are already offering the kind of money he wants. So, with that knowledge, he would not sign with the Jets for lower just to give us the "home team discount". Knowing that, he would cost us 18 million in cap space essentially just for his services in 2013. That was my entire point. Not to bash him for wanting to be paid after 2013. I've said it before & I'll say it again.......I do wish he would sign a new deal with us for a deal that could be beneficial for both sides that could end up paying him as much as 13 per year if he achieves certain escalators AND stays healthy. Otherwise, I would prefer to get something higher than a possible third round compensatory pick for him when he walks as an unrestricted free agent.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#18 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,013
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 14 April 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

Here's a question for you.......if Revis wanted an "expert" on ACL's why didn't he use James Andrews for his surgery rather than the NY Giants TEAM doctor to perform his surgery? Apparently Revis thought a "team doctor" was expert enough.


1. Look up Dr. Russell Warren before you start demeaning him.
2. Dr. James Andrew is the Redskins TEAM doctor. He is also the team doctor for Alabama and Auburn as well.

These are BILLION dollar franchises. Their team doctors are among the best in the country.
0

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,593
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 14 April 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Here's a question for you.......if Revis wanted an "expert" on ACL's why didn't he use James Andrews for his surgery rather than the NY Giants TEAM doctor to perform his surgery? Apparently Revis thought a "team doctor" was expert enough.

Just as Revis doesn't give a flying fvck about the Jets, it's not on the Jets to care about who Revis is working out with because he chooses to or what THEIR schedules are. The only schedule that matters is the one that Revis signed the contract to adhere to. He made sure the Jets kept paying him last season because of that contract even though he didn't play, so now he gets to come back to Jersey and do as he's told otherwise he gives back 3 million.

And as for "interrupting" his rehab......is 10 days going to make THAT much of a difference to him? I doubt it. It's only a 10 day difference between the start of workouts and the draft.

As for Santana's question of it I lift or not........yes. As a matter of fact I do. But.....before you even go there, don't act like Revis isn't familiar with the facility considering he's been "working out" there since it's been built. Florham Park has everything his "personal trainers" have and more. Since they're on his payroll, they can jump their as$es on a plane with him if he's that concerned about it. The Jets aren't FORCING him to do anything. The choice is entirely his. He can choose to stay in Arizona if he wishes to. He'd just give up 3 million in the process. My bet is he shows up because he cares more about money than anything else. He's not playing because he's got a love for the game. That may have been the case 15-20 years ago for him, but the past 6 have been all about the Benjamins & Clevelands (on the 1000).


every doctor has their own specialty. the giants doctor is apparently a really good ACL surgeon. our team doctor is not. if he was why wouldn't revis just use the jets doctor? I like how you say A team doctor and not the jets team doctor. Your really bad at twisting facts and suing semantics to prove your point
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,593
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostChaos, on 14 April 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

1. Look up Dr. Russell Warren before you start demeaning him.
2. Dr. James Andrew is the Redskins TEAM doctor. He is also the team doctor for Alabama and Auburn as well.

These are BILLION dollar franchises. Their team doctors are among the best in the country.


Thank you!

Clearly our team doctor isn't the best but it doesn't mean that other franchises don't have team doctors who are expert surgeons.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users